• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

MGrant

So I was walking around as Winston in front of a Mercy who was pocketing her duo partner, McCree. Refused to heal anyone else.

Me: Mercy please heal Winston when he jumps back.
Mercy: No.
Me: Ok then. (dies)

Only healer on our team of course.

Owzers

So I was walking around as Winston in front of a Mercy who was pocketing her duo partner, McCree. Refused to heal anyone else.

Maybe the Mercy signed an exclusivity contract.

I actually found this Bastion that is just incredible yesterday - definitely a smurf or something. His targeting was just out of this world. So I partnered with him and announced to our next team that:
1) I am picking Mercy (who I don't play very much).
2) I am going to babysit our Bastion.
3) If you want heals, pick a second healer or come to me.

I got a lot of bitching from our Junkrat, but we won three games in a row at 3-0. :-D

I also had ~2500 boosted damage from RMBing Bastion, which seems very high to me. No one even made it to our point.

I was actually having a lot of fun playing Mercy, too - the matches were going so smoothly that I started practicing things like jumping off of walkways and then flying back up to evade fire, and I think I only died once in the set.

group. mercy and hog. start of king's row. she was attached to the hog and refused to heal anyone unless the hog died.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I never get heals as Bastion or Torb

nevah. except from ana sometimes. mercy? never. mercy mains got the most tunnel vision in the game

LiK

When I play Mercy, I try to heal everyone. As soon as I see yellow silhouettes, I go top them off. I know some Mercys don't even bother until they see the red cross mark but I hate when I don't get healed until I'm critical.

I expect that people who play competitive in a team game have some inclination toward attempting to function as a team and win. If someone is bad, that's okay. I mean, we all have bad games/days.

The comparison I would make is if you started playing a pick up game of basketball or soccer and you had a guy who did nothing but try and run the ball in alone, never passed it to anyone, and got it taken from him every time. Then I say "Hey man, pass the ball a bit - let's play as a team", and he says "FUCK YOU NO ONE TELLS ME WHAT TO DO BLAGRFLAGENFLAGR!"

In-game, this is akin to the Bastion chilling in the background gunning down 20-30 people on my team as they all charge in like rag dolls one after another. I say "This isn't working, we need a new approach - Reaper, would you mind picking Pharah to help kill the Bastion?", and instead the Reaper feeds another 5 deaths before we lose. It's reasonable to expect people to want to function as a team in a team game, and I think your basketball/soccer example makes it pretty obvious what's reasonable. Unfortunately, unlike in basketball/soccer, we can't kick the selfish loser off of the Overwatch team.

I would like to see you play Fifa pro clubs game mode and measure the salt levels after that as a strict comparison :)

Nailing tracer or genji with direct helix rockets will never get old. Never ever ever.

So good.

I've also had some long range yolo rocket kills against pharah. I can only imagine the salt.

Chance

When I play Mercy, I try to heal everyone. As soon as I see yellow silhouettes, I go top them off. I know some Mercys don't even bother until they see the red cross mark but I hate when I don't get healed until I'm critical.

Same. A Tracer with 2/3rds of her health bar is sitting on 100hp! That's a potential one-shot from way wayyy too many sources.

She's running around like an ambulatory Symmetra turret and your Rein's at 400hp, give the Tracer some love! (If she ever gets near you.)

LiK

Same. A Tracer with 2/3rds of her health bar is sitting on 100hp! That's a potential one-shot from way wayyy too many sources.

She's running around like an ambulatory Symmetra turret and your Rein's at 400hp, give the Tracer some love! (If she ever gets near you.)

Yea, been playing solo Qing in QP as Mercy and when everyone is doing their jobs, I keep them alive for easy wins. Defending has been like easy mode as long the group can take out potential flankers. If I don't get protected, I'll switch to Lucio cuz I'm tried of being killed by Genjis/Tracers/Sombras. So if you see me switching, you're not protecting me.

Yea, been playing solo Qing in QP as Mercy and when everyone is doing their jobs, I keep them alive for easy wins. Defending has been like easy mode as long the group can take out potential flankers. If I don't get protected, I'll switch to Lucio cuz I'm tried of being killed by Genjis/Tracers/Sombras. So if you see me switching, you're not protecting me.

To be a true Mercy LiK you gotta be able to defend yourself or at the very least push them back for a bit.

Also having a mic helps as Mercy as you can notify of incoming attackers.

I only top off DPS. Tanks can wait they got plenty of health. Plus getting out there to just top someone off puts me in danger. Top offs occur when there is a lul in the battle.

LiK

To be a true Mercy LiK you gotta be able to defend yourself or at the very least push them back for a bit.

Also having a mic helps as Mercy as you can notify of incoming attackers.

I've killed flankers myself as Mercy many times. And mic is never necessary if people had some game sense. I try to keep my eye on our support if I'm not in the frontlines killing things. Mercy automatically yells out "I'm being attacked!" and that's when I take a quick look around.

I never get heals as Bastion or Torb

nevah. except from ana sometimes. mercy? never. mercy mains got the most tunnel vision in the game
I prioritize my heals as Bastion > Tanks > Everyone Else; I think it's fun to try and manage everyone's health, but in Silver/Bronze they aren't always worth healing. :(

I would like to see you play Fifa pro clubs game mode and measure the salt levels after that as a strict comparison :)
Probably low because I would be so bored playing a digital sports game. :p

Soon you'll need to keep Orisa alive for the entire match.

Just the worst!

Actually she's not too bad to babysit. I do have to babysit her a lot more than other tanks every time I look away and then back she's at critical again. But she makes up for it in the ability to form a solid front and when I boost her can deal out some damage.

Buff Orisa health plz blizzy.

Chance

I've killed flankers myself as Mercy many times. And mic is never necessary if people had some game sense. I try to keep my eye on our support if I'm not in the frontlines killing things. Mercy automatically yells out "I'm being attacked!" and that's when I take a quick look around.

(I'm shooting down the red Pharah who's been focusing me all match.)
Hanzo: I need healing!
Me: You'll get a heal when this Pharah is dead, Hanzo. See? I can do it - I'll bet you can too!

A Rein with half hp is no way to live.

Also true.

Had a Bastion behind a Rein shield on Ilios who both had the nerve to do that crap in front of the well. So I fired a concussive shot behind Rein and, yeah...

So very satisfying. Soundwave v. Soundwave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3dBkz1Scfg

mw9lWr.gif

yeah had a game on eichenwalde on defense where i was playing rein and never got a single heal from the mercy who just stayed in the air to pocket the pharah.

yes, let me tank for you by dying and constantly running back because you won't assist me.

Wow I SUCK at Genji.

Up close I use right click but I rarely am able to hit all 3 of my Shurikens at once. I do so little damage up close it's pathetic.

The left click is so useless, the projectiles move so slow and the only way they get kills is if the player is standing completely still and you are able to hit them with 6. Usually, I am able to hit them with 3 before they run away to get healed.

Don't even get me started on his ultimate ability. The range on his blade is so small that once again, the other players have to be idiots and not run away from you for it to get any kills consistently.

Deflect is another pointless ability. Any intelligent player will stop shooting you and resume once your deflect ends.

Whenever I play Genji, it's an endless back and forth between medical packs so that I can stay alive to maybe steal some elims from the other DPS on my team so I feel better about myself. I spend more time running for health packs than I do engaging the enemy.

https://youtu.be/edU_CAzyRP4?t=8m20s

Typical trolls in comp, of course my other teammates just had to feed them the entire match. I didn't record the whole match, nothing of value was lost, it was literally just PROBABLYLUCIO and the tracer just talking shit to each other the rest of the match. I really hate when the game goes down to the wire with a team like this, the less time I spend with people like this the better, win or lose (we won but I had no fun)...

ohkay

Wow I SUCK at Genji.

Up close I use right click but I rarely am able to hit all 3 of my Shurikens at once. I do so little damage up close it's pathetic.

The left click is so useless, the projectiles move so slow and the only way they get kills is if the player is standing completely still and you are able to hit them with 6. Usually, I am able to hit them with 3 before they run away to get healed.

Don't even get me started on his ultimate ability. The range on his blade is so small that once again, the other players have to be idiots and not run away from you for it to get any kills consistently.

Deflect is another pointless ability. Any intelligent player will stop shooting you and resume once your deflect ends.

Whenever I play Genji, it's an endless back and forth between medical packs so that I can stay alive to maybe steal some elims from the other DPS on my team so I feel better about myself. I spend more time running for health packs than I do engaging the enemy.
Takes a lot of practice to get used to Genji and how to effectively use his shurikens, mobility, and ult

I'm ready for Lucio's changes. I have so much fun playing as him when I'm on a team that can actually aim and hit shit. And I'm also a very active Lucio who follows people around. On top of that I just saved a comp match by solo holding the payload until my team got back, so I can't wait for the extra buff to make that even more fun. Something about dancing around trying to stay alive while three members of the enemy team are doing their best to kill you is more fun for me than getting a quad kill. Too bad that stuff never shows up in POTG. :(

New and improved Winston has proved invaluable on PS4 as of late, he was already one of my best but now he's got that extra survivability and the constant genji presence combined with less reaper leads to more favourable encounters.
Probably my favourite character right now but i bet my accuracy with other characters is weakening after all this tickle beam, my Zen can't hit shit these days.

You know ive probably won about 4 or 5 out of 7 of the matches i had orisa on
Wow congrats man!

You're an inspiration to us console plebs.
✊
Honestly i feel like i got GM mostly from being able to put more hours into the game than others here im sure the rest of you guys can do it!
You just need the game sense down and hope the MM gives you decent team mates

AngryMoth

After 4 seasons of trying I'm finally one win away from diamond. Turns out the crash I had yesterday didn't break my win streak so getting like 70 points for a win now lol

Incoming 10 match losing streak lol

Top Bottom