• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Skii

You know ive probably won about 4 or 5 out of 7 of the matches i had orisa on

✊
Honestly i feel like i got GM mostly from being able to put more hours into the game than others here im sure the rest of you guys can do it!
You just need the game sense down and hope the MM gives you decent team mates

Yeah me not playing comp enough is my biggest problem. There is no way I'd have learnt Rein to a diamond standard by playing QP for example. I just really hate losing SR and go on tilt sprees lol. Maybe I need a smurf just to play comp without worrying about my SR.

How many hours have you played this season so far?

Yeah me not playing comp enough is my biggest problem. There is no way I'd have learnt Rein to a diamond standard by playing QP for example. I just really hate losing SR and go on tilt sprees lol. Maybe I need a smurf just to play comp without worrying about my SR.

How many hours have you played this season so far?

I go on those tilt sprees aswell.
Its whenever i type a post about how much i hate xType players lol

I just checked and ive put 65hours on comp this season so far.

rulerk1

You know ive probably won about 4 or 5 out of 7 of the matches i had orisa on

✊
Honestly i feel like i got GM mostly from being able to put more hours into the game than others here im sure the rest of you guys can do it!
You just need the game sense down and hope the MM gives you decent team mates

I have the game sense part down. It's the later I struggle with. Maybe I should use my mic more

AngryMoth

Boom. Turns out all I needed to do was play Soldier 90% of the time ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
acn8x0M.jpg

I will die a happy man

Jellie

You beat Caeser to GM. If Caeser had won that Volskaya game he could've been GM.

I think 65 hours is more than I've played in every season combined. I end up just playing enough a week to avoid decay.

ohkay

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏
We made it through the hardships!

Boom. Turns out all I needed to do was play Soldier 90% of the time ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I will die a happy man
Congrats guys!

I'd say you can't really learn Rein, compared to other characters, without the structure of comp. He only works well when people are playing as a team.

antitrop

You beat Caeser to GM. If Caeser had won that Volskaya game he could've been GM.

I think 65 hours is more than I've played in every season combined. I end up just playing enough a week to avoid decay.

I played so much in Season 1, I had a Golden weapon before the season even ended. (And then I got a second one, because I was rank 65)

I think I had 120 hours in S1, 90 in S2, 25 in S3, and only 10 so far in S4.

Playing Competitive appeals to me less and less over time.

AngryMoth

I can only tolerate qp for 2 or 3 games unless I'm in a stack. I don't mind people not trying as hard but it's just annoying when nobody ever wants to play support.

Saw a someone with a gold portrait for the first time today, they had 1000 hours in qp. That's some commitment!

antitrop

I can only tolerate qp for 2 or 3 games unless I'm in a stack. I don't mind people not trying as hard but it's just annoying when nobody ever wants to play support.

Saw a someone with a gold portrait for the first time today, they had 1000 hours in qp. That's some commitment!

I see some guy named Eclipse in QP all the time, he's Gold border with 5 stars. Nuts.

He's always playing in a group, though, so that certainly accelerates it.

Anne

Hadn't played in a bit and found my account at 3100 something. Whoops. Got it to around 3700 today before I ran into Numlocked and lost around 100SR starting on that streak.

Hopefully I can put this to GM in a week or so. Got to 3950 before I got bored.

I can only tolerate it for warmup or when playing with GAF'ers, but it's my least favorite mode! Well, next to no limits, I can't believe the game used to be like that... good lord is that a shitty game mode unless you're team is willing to do some suspect comps.

exYle

I can only tolerate it for warmup or when playing with GAF'ers, but it's my least favorite mode! Well, next to no limits, I can't believe the game used to be like that... good lord is that a shitty game mode unless you're team is willing to do some suspect comps.

Well, when QP is the only mode it won't just be the people screwing around, right?

Yeah my patience for any solo queue QP has reached a limit of two to three games. Even if I win, I'm just not enjoying myself as much if I'm not playing in a stack and have realized if I'm playing solo, I'd rather be playing a single-player game.

Weird, I love QP. I just pick a hero I want to practice and fuck around with it.

Caveat, the key is not to pick heroes like Reinhardt or Mercy that feel great when working with a well-oiled machine of a team.

Kind of got that Overwatch itch back. I want to finish my placements, so I can play with Gaffers when the opportunity arises. There have been Masters in all of my placement games so far, not sure if that matters.

Jellie

I played so much in Season 1, I had a Golden weapon before the season even ended. (And then I got a second one, because I was rank 65)

I think I had 120 hours in S1, 90 in S2, 25 in S3, and only 10 so far in S4.

Playing Competitive appeals to me less and less over time.

Think I had around 20-30 hours in seasons 2 and 3. Have to check. I might actually have more than 65 hours combined depending on this season. Too much time at uni to put more hours in. Maybe in September I can.

Kind of got that Overwatch itch back. I want to finish my placements, so I can play with Gaffers when the opportunity arises. There have been Masters in all of my placement games so far, not sure if that matters.

It probably means you're ending up somewhere in Diamond (or super high plat at worst) in your final placement. Placements don't really have any meaning this season, you're likely going to start a little lower than where you left off last season.

caesar

Banned

The funny thing is we were like one kill off of drawing that game. If that had happened Newtype would have tilted off the face of the earth lol. But yeh I gotta put more hours in myself.

This is ridiculous though, probably my worst few days ever.

Top column is qp but look at the middle row 6-11:

fGlx7Qd.png

This is why I get annoyed when I cant dps. 4-0 with soldier lmao, the other gengu and mccree games where when we were already losing so we made last min desperation changes.

Fml

ISOM

Wow I SUCK at Genji.

Up close I use right click but I rarely am able to hit all 3 of my Shurikens at once. I do so little damage up close it's pathetic.

The left click is so useless, the projectiles move so slow and the only way they get kills is if the player is standing completely still and you are able to hit them with 6. Usually, I am able to hit them with 3 before they run away to get healed.

Don't even get me started on his ultimate ability. The range on his blade is so small that once again, the other players have to be idiots and not run away from you for it to get any kills consistently.

Deflect is another pointless ability. Any intelligent player will stop shooting you and resume once your deflect ends.

Whenever I play Genji, it's an endless back and forth between medical packs so that I can stay alive to maybe steal some elims from the other DPS on my team so I feel better about myself. I spend more time running for health packs than I do engaging the enemy.

You have to put in the hours to be good with him. I've heard good Genji players say you need like 200 hours on him to be really good with him.

rulerk1

Yep going to be a pharah main this season. I think I've reached my tank saturation point
Also it says my avg. with her 91 elims. Never even got close to that with her

AngryMoth

I'm moving to china soon, anyone know if there much a community on PS4 in the Asian region? My guess would be pretty much everyone is on PC over there...

valeo

Played Soldier for the first time ever since getting the game in comp with players ranked 1000 points higher than me, and I got 3 golds (60 kills). Huh.

Jellie

The funny thing is we were like one kill off of drawing that game. If that had happened Newtype would have tilted off the face of the earth lol. But yeh I gotta put more hours in myself.

This is ridiculous though, probably my worst few days ever.

Top column is qp but look at the middle row 6-11:

fGlx7Qd.png

This is why I get annoyed when I cant dps. 4-0 with soldier lmao, the other gengu and mccree games where when we were already losing so we made last min desperation changes.

Fml
I told you to send him to diamond and instead you send him to GM. SMH. He out Lucio'd you.

Skii

I've just checked mine and I've done 62 hours in comp on PC from season 2, 3 and 4 lol. Do you even QP? lol.

If I played as much comp as I do QP, I'd definitely be masters by now (I'd hope).

LiK

i think when people go into Comp, they sometimes put too much pressure on themselves and end up overthinking things. people spend too much time worrying about team comp or what to do. totally destroys people's self esteem or cause people to just wig out.

valeo

i think when people go into Comp, they sometimes put too much pressure on themselves and end up overthinking things. people spend too much time worrying about team comp or what to do. totally destroys people's self esteem or cause people to just wig out.

Agreed. This is because of salty c*nts who like to abuse others.

rulerk1

lost another match because no one wanted push through echeinwald choke when we got a kill. Can't wait for the change

Down twenty rank points from where I started

HiiiLife

5 randoms and nobody wants to tank or heal. I locked soldier and had 5 golds and was the only one with the headset. What the fuck is wrong with Xbox lol. Hanzos Widows Junkrats smh so stupid

Top Bottom