• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Thought he was Pharah?

Or was it Owzers?

Nope, Komaru. Just checked on twitch. We were at 99 and they capture the point at 45, we let them have it all the way to 100 without switching.

I'm not saying they weren't doing a good job with their picks, the problem is that the Pharah was just uncontested. Lik changed to soldier in the next round. We ended up winning so no big deal.

Owzers

After watching komaru's stream of our games I have a worse opinion of my pharah. He killed so many innocent people...

Man, sounds like I missed a pretty awesome comp night with you guys. Ah well - I have to finish up Horizon this weekend before Persona comes out, but hopefully you guys won't blow into Master over the weekend and leave me behind, heh.

komaruR

i switched to reaper when they went triple tank ( rein, hog, zarya). was pharah at the start of the match but the triple tank was tough to kill that my pharah cant do enough dmg.
after i switched to reaper we did good until they switched pharah.
their zarya switched to pharah and i shoulda switched back to pharah.

LiK

i switched to reaper when they went triple tank ( rein, hog, zarya). was pharah at the start of the match but the triple tank was tough to kill that my pharah cant do enough dmg.

yea, we were sorta counterpicking the enemy team and they did the same. it's all good.

It's fine, it was a pretty crazy round with all those rezzes.

You did well changing to reaper to counter their comp and the tracer also disappeared when lik went junk.

Thanks. One day, you will say this about my Orisa play. I'm not sure which day yet.

April 31th

komaruR

Man, I'm jelly of Komaru's Pharah skills.

Yeah. He's got the knack for her.

giphy.gif

Took a week off of OW and now Persona 5 is days away. For sure gonna pull me away from OW. its gonna be tough. maybe a few games a night.

Satch

Banned
pick hanzo
MVGame.png
own it up
ArgieB8.png
get shit on by teammates on voice all game
FailFish.png
entire enemy team slowly evolving with every push to counter one hanzo aka ME
4Head.png
kill pharah and whole team still wonders where she is as if i didnt put that ho down already
DendiFace.png
be only person on fire
Kreygasm.png
get reported at the end of the game by raging teammate
SoBayed.png
MUST BE OVERWATCH
BrokeBack.png

NeoCross

I'm done trying to climb out of bronze as Ana. I keep doing work but the bronze gameplay is just too weird and chaotic. Seems that my best bet in getting out is Soldier.

Blues1990

I'm done trying to climb out of bronze as Ana. I keep doing work but the bronze gameplay is just too weird and chaotic. Seems that my best bet in getting out is Soldier.

Really, going with either Soldier: 76, Mei, or Roadhog would be your best bet, as those three can self-heal and have the tools needed to support yourself and your teammates.

Fugu

Play as Pharah. Unco-ordinated teams don't stand a chance against her.

Haha made a Friend on ow. Kept sniping their team but focused on pharah. During attack gilbraltar. Then went pharah and attacked the dva during defense. Surprise we won because I wasn't paying attention to the payload

Zen Aku

The only shield tank I had on a 2cp map was Orisa. We were on attack. *Facepalm* you can't fuckin push with just Orisa as your main tank. I wonder if people realize that.

Really, going with either Soldier: 76, Mei, or Roadhog would be your best bet, as those three can self-heal and have the tools needed to support yourself and your teammates.

Sorry I had to leave so fast. My roommate decided he wanted to come home early from work.

Cappa

Banned
I'm a better Reinhardt than Owzers confirmed?

EDIT:

Here is our first match of the night with GAF... ND and Komaru and Owzers weren't part of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGwPqVHmdCM

We really rocked it tonight so good games all around! The teams we lost to I felt we were pretty even skill wise they just beat us in strategy.
Those guys were annoying too and so full of themselves "clutch Genji and clutch Zen" lol how about clutch rein charge and then ult to take it into overtime

Your mercy is really good too. I'm annoying with I need healing I know lol

Jellie

Yeah. Now that I have a Tank and an assortment of supports to play.

Im trying to make Genji and Pharah my new projects.

EDIT:

Here is our first match of the night with GAF... ND and Komaru and Owzers weren't part of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGwPqVHmdCM

We really rocked it tonight so good games all around! The teams we lost to I felt we were pretty even skill wise they just beat us in strategy.

So much coms. Was this as a 4 stack? EU chat is always dead. :(

Cappa

Banned
Just experienced the game freeze bug.... I could hear my teammates talking but they couldn't hear me and now I'm suspended and it was a match we should have won lol now this is a hell of a shitty bug

Trickster

pick hanzo
MVGame.png
own it up
ArgieB8.png
get shit on by teammates on voice all game
FailFish.png
entire enemy team slowly evolving with every push to counter one hanzo aka ME
4Head.png
kill pharah and whole team still wonders where she is as if i didnt put that ho down already
DendiFace.png
be only person on fire
Kreygasm.png
get reported at the end of the game by raging teammate
SoBayed.png
MUST BE OVERWATCH
BrokeBack.png

Blame Blizzard for refusing to have scoreboards

antitrop

I managed to Mercy/Zen a little bit of that SR back I lost from playing Lucio.

3770 now, but still down 100 off my season high. I lost 175 playing Lucio. :(

I'm not playing Lucio again, I'll just mute my team if they demand a switch. I don't care how good he's supposed to be, I don't win games playing him.

I couldn't even maintain a 50% win rate with Lucio in Diamond, I don't know why the fuck I'm trying to play him in Masters. My Lucio is seriously Platinum level.

Fugu

I love how all to the hate for competitive bastion is completely gone.
Because he's not really all that good now. Honestly, I don't think he's much better than he was before in that a team built around him can utilize him reasonably well so long as the team he's playing against hasn't built around countering him. He's only devastating when he's not a sitting duck, and he is often a sitting duck.

I'm not playing Lucio again, I'll just mute my team if they demand a switch. I don't care how good he's supposed to be, I don't win games playing him.

I couldn't even maintain a 50% win rate with Lucio in Diamond, I don't know why the fuck I'm trying to play him in Masters. My Lucio is seriously Platinum level.
The hero with which I have the highest win rate is Lucio. This is despite the fact that I have literally no strategy when playing him besides staying alive and doing payload activities.

I honestly really don't understand the character.

Wow that sucks. Isn't it better to focus on your Lucio in QP? Because there is an 80% chance they will ask you to pick him in comp. You might be playing him too much as a healer since you are used to playing Mercy? If you convince your team to dive, you might get away with it and pick Zen LOL.

You were so close to GM. I would probably be clinically depressed if that happened to me.

Because he's not really all that good now. Honestly, I don't think he's much better than he was before in that a team built around him can utilize him reasonably well so long as the team he's playing against hasn't built around countering him. He's only devastating when he's not a sitting duck, and he is often a sitting duck.

The hero with which I have the highest win rate is Lucio. This is despite the fact that I have literally no strategy when playing him besides staying alive and doing payload activities.

I honestly really don't understand the character.

Me too. Lucio works wonders at low levels, especially when you stay alive, time your heals and sound barriers right, and most importantly use your boop properly while contributing to team damage. Speed boosting at chokes works wonders for ello hell if you tell them before hand. Staying alive and getting picks at higher levels like masters is harder though; I can't imagine being that successful in masters with my Lucio.

antitrop

Wow that sucks. Isn't it better to focus on your Lucio in QP? Because there is an 80% chance they will ask you to pick him in comp. You might be playing him too much as a healer since you are used to playing Mercy? If you convince your team to dive, you might get away with it and pick Zen LOL.

You were so close to GM. I would probably be clinically depressed if that happened to me.

Me too. Lucio works wonders at low levels, especially when you stay alive, time your heals and sound barriers right, and most importantly use your boop properly while contributing to team damage. Speed boosting at chokes works wonders for ello hell if you tell them before hand. Staying alive and getting picks at higher levels like masters is harder though; I can't imagine being that successful in masters with my Lucio.
I'm obsessive compulsive about keeping my teammates at full health at all times possible.

Top Bottom