• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

TrueBlue

Just finished 7-3 in terms of placements - my best result yet - and I end up with the lowest SR thus far.

I assume there are other factors at play? I think I played decently throughout.

antitrop

Just finished 7-3 in terms of placements - my best result yet - and I end up with the lowest SR thus far.

I assume there are other factors at play? I think I played decently throughout.
Placements matter very little if it's not your first season. If you've played a previous season, placements are basically just 10 normal-ass games without a rank. Your ending SR from the previous season is what matters most.

TrueBlue

Placements matter very little if it's not your first season. If you've played a previous season, placements are basically just 10 normal-ass games without a rank. Your ending SR from the previous season is what matters most.

Huh. I coulda sworn I was in the 2300s at tge end of last season. Here I start in the high 2100s.

Ah well!

antitrop

Mercy SR bug has been confirmed fixed by Jeff, or at least they think they fixed it.

Jeff Kaplan said:
We fixed an issue that was causing Mercy's contributions to be lower as it pertained to Skill Rating reward at the end of a competitive win. We're still investigating though to make sure the issue is entirely fixed. The fix we put live was integrated on Tuesday but we're still hearing some reports. We'll keep working to fix it if it in fact is still broken. We're trying to verify right now.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753786609#post-1

I figure it probably cost me about 100SR. =/

Why, why did I play competitive on the weekend? This is so fu- ggrrrrrr. I have only myself to blame for partaking in weekend competitive. What a nightmare of incompetence.

Skii

Lost 300 SR today. Weekend Overwatch is the worst. And Lol @ the game thinking I deserve to lose 70 SR in games where my team is just throwing because they all are being toxic in chat. Fun times.

Anyone feel like competitive is a gamble some days? Like damn running into to many games where someone just doesn't want to work with the team. Wish you could queue for a specific role and get others that queued for something else like in league of legions. Would cut down on a ton of players who don't give a fuck when they can't play the way they want.

antitrop

Anyone feel like competitive is a gamble some days? Like damn running into to many games where someone just doesn't want to work with the team. Wish you could queue for a specific role and get others that queued for something else like in league of legions. Would cut down on a ton of players who don't give a fuck when they can't play the way they want.
I mean, it already takes like 3 minutes to find a match just with the system only taking SR into account. If it tried to take roles into account as well as SR, it would take foreeeeeeeeeeever to find a match.

Also how does the system know how many of each role it wants to put on a team? Every game would just be 2/2/2? How does it include Defense characters in a DPS/Tank/Support setup? How does it work with people who like to play one role on offense and a different role on defense, or plays different roles on Hybrid/2CP maps than KOTH maps? Just a lot of things I don't think would work with role-based matchmaking.

It works with League of Legends, because every game takes place on literally the same map. There's always 1 top, 1 mid, 2 bot, and 1 jungle. Overwatch is a little more fluid.

komaruR

thanks for the games guys.
il be on travel for a week. so no ow for me :(
il be back next sat night. il still be on gaf and i hope lik will get his stream up so that i could atleast watch the gaf crew while im away from home.

antitrop

Stevo's stream is actually incredibly fun to watch. I have no compulsion to play Symmetra, but he's just straight-up fun to watch.

He plays her like a Sombra almost, just kind of away from the team for the entire match, doing his own thing. Setting up death rooms where he sees fit and going on mad flanks.

It's interesting to see someone who knows exactly where the turrets should be set up, where to spam Orbs from, and all the tricky TP spots. I've never exactly seen Symmetra played at a high level before.

I love the rollercoaster of emotion that is comp. Start the day off with what turned out to be one of the best and most exciting matches I have had in 4 seasons. Followed up with a match we lost because some idgit got butthurt he died one too many times to Hanzo and tries to counter Hanzo despite not playing him......

Also I think I'm retiring myself from Reinhardt in Payload maps. I can steamroll with him in Capture, but it feels like in the majority of Payload maps I either end up in a situation where I get shit heals and die nonstop, or I get shit DPS and my shield is broken nonstop.

Had some good matches tonight. Only sour spot was a match with a Lucio who refused to heal. Still managed to win without dropping a round somehow, albeit this being QP.

I HATE JUNKRAT PLAYERS.

Picks Junkrat - we have an enemy Pharah.

I ask him to swap to help with her.

He goes to Soldier 76.

Dies.

Says he can't handle her.

Goes back to Junkrat.

thanks for the games guys.
il be on travel for a week. so no ow for me :(
il be back next sat night. il still be on gaf and i hope lik will get his stream up so that i could atleast watch the gaf crew while im away from home.

I kept meaning to ask you guys if you cared if I streamed our matches when we play - I used to stream my OW games with a friend and it didn't usually affect my internet and it's useful to have a record I can take clips from and export to YouTube, heh.

Top Bottom