• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

story time?

We were defending on King's Row and for like the first two minutes we basically spawn camped the enemy team because they couldn't break a Torb-Hanzo-Widow-Orisa-Mercy-DVa group apparently. Then the rest of the match devolved into everyone except like two people on the enemy team waving and emoting without any attempts to even capture the point because we just shut down the two people who were tryharding. Then there was a last second push by the enemy team for the point in overtime but nobody had used their ults so it was basically one giant ult Storm at the end. It was really weird.

Fugu

Oh my goodness. After 300 games of solo queue and getting placed in gold...

hDC3AM3.jpg
Thank you Pharah.

Skii

Did the whole GAF in house thing with the LoL peeps.

We should do that. If anybody on PC wants to do it I'll make some stuff in the discord for it and we can set it up. Need to get 12 on the same night sometime to make it happen. Need to decide on a couple days to pick from.

I'd be up for that if we could play it at a European friendly time.

Fugu

I would loooooooove to play with GAF. Voted in the poll (spoiler: I voted for the same answer as everyone else). I'm on PC, by the way.

rulerk1

New season high of 2749! Not sure if it's because i duo with someone or because I was using a mic? Probs both

Who here use turtle beach headset? Everyone's voices are so low and I don't want to hear game audio through my headphones but i can't get the settings right. Help?

Anne

I'd be up for that if we could play it at a European friendly time.

If people are cool with it I don't see why not.

I'm just doing PC btw cause that's what I'm on :v if PS4 players wanna set up their own thing by all means feel free to use the discord server.

DevilDog

Your overwatch is defending Mccree's flashbang existence in this game...

Reported

So what is this in house then? 6v6 gaf tournaments?

Anne

So what is this in house then? 6v6 gaf tournaments?

It's just GAF having friendly games in custom between each other. If we have too many people some can spectate and we can swap in and out for a few games. We'll try to do our best to balance the teams and just have a fun time.

DevilDog

It's just GAF having friendly games in custom between each other. If we have too many people some can spectate and we can swap in and out for a few games. We'll try to do our best to balance the teams and just have a fun time.

With Real cash?

I'm good on Sunday. Unless we will be playing on US servers. 250 is too much.

Did the whole GAF in house thing with the LoL peeps.

We should do that. If anybody on PC wants to do it I'll make some stuff in the discord for it and we can set it up. Need to get 12 on the same night sometime to make it happen. Need to decide on a couple days to pick from.

Hit me

Question for y'all - how would one build a team around an Orisa? I know she's not a true Rein replacement but I believe she can still be nearly as effective with the right setup.

The only successes I've had with her are Rein, Soldier, Ana, Zen/Mercy, and either Winston or Tracer/Genji, depending on verticality of map. And we were very, very successful. Defense only, though. Don't even bother trying to push with her, and KOTH is right out. Focus fire is brutal when she's not entrenched.

Console, Silver/Gold.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Question for y'all - how would one build a team around an Orisa? I know she's not a true Rein replacement but I believe she can still be nearly as effective with the right setup.

As a DPS, I feel zero threat from her alone. But the shield and alt fire can be pretty effective for messing up groups entrenched. Specifically, I've seen her used pretty well on attack when someone pockets.

Oxn

Final i hit gold. You really can rank up as a Mercy main.

Started in Ello hell bronze, and made it to Gold.

ramyeon

In a state of permanent -75% XP since my PS4 wifi has been disconnecting every 15 minutes since 4.0. Doesn't even matter if I rejoin I still get penalized for it. So dumb.

Play against bad people.

But, more seriously, you have to consider what she can and cannot do. She cannot replace Winston on dive comps. She cannot replace Rein on deathball comps. So working in the constraints of known strategies, she is going to have to be an off-tank. Until someone comes up with a brand new strategy with her.

That said, she doesn't seem bad being used as an extra buffer to Rein's shield. Drop shield to open fights and then drop it again as Rein needs to back off to recharge his. The DPS characters that benefit the most from her are Pharah (pull enemies off high ground to keep her safer, group enemies into her ult, and she puts pressure on a lot of Orisa's natural enemies), basically anything that has AoE, lower mobility DPS heroes (Reaper, McCree).

Theoretically, almost any DPS benefits from her mini-Graviton but the rest require a ton of coordination. Maybe you could shield early game snipers so they can win sniper wars on maps like King's Row?

She'll never work on dive. Don't do it. Orisa is almost always a liability due to her bulk.

She's very good against enemy tanks so running her reactively against triple tanks also seems pretty good.

Going off into not well thought out theory land, maybe you could run a "Pick team" with her as the main tank, Roadhog, Lucio, McCree, Ana, and something else. Use her mini-grav to pull enemies into a bunch of stun and insta-kill effects.

LiK

We got matched with a guy who isn't even placed yet and he's fucking shit. This is BS after our winning streak.

Edit: guy redeemed himself and we got a Draw.

Good games tonight. We got a winning streak going. Looks like our GAF team is created. People just need to play their mains and it goes well. When people switch off it gets shaky.

valeo

Hey guys - I want to get into watching e-Sports Overwatch. Anything recent I should watch that will get me on board?

Hey guys - I want to get into watching e-Sports Overwatch. Anything recent I should watch that will get me on board?

There are two different sides of Overwatch comp - Korean OW and everything else.

For Korean OW, watch any of the OGN Apex stuff. The English channel is OGNGlobal on twitch.

For Western OW tourneys, the PIT series is going on right now. PIT happens about every day for a the next... while.

Watch any of those past broadcasts. Most people will tell you that the Koreans are the absolute best - and they might be right - but nothing is really conclusive yet. I'll post some particularly good matches once I get some time.

Gaf bros continue to let me down when I play Torb...

When it's a random though they all vote for him. Lame.

I feel betrayed.

Komaru at 2999 lol

I'm at 2998.

It was a good session. 7-2-1

Zen is a beast, I was getting 50%-60% accuracy in my games, finishing off targets much more reliably. It really does make a difference.

Owzers

I feel betrayed.

I'm at 2998.

Zen is a beast, I was getting 50%-60% accuracy in my games, finishing off targets much more reliably. It really does make a difference.
The two losses happened when I was there...

Our team has a serious grudge against Orisa though.

komaruR

Komaru at 2999 lol

I feel betrayed.

I'm at 2998.

its the curse. the game gonna throw us crazy opponent with bad random to rankup gate us D:

valeo

There are two different sides of Overwatch comp - Korean OW and everything else.

For Korean OW, watch any of the OGN Apex stuff. The English channel is OGNGlobal on twitch.

For Western OW tourneys, the PIT series is going on right now. PIT happens about every day for a the next... while.

Watch any of those past broadcasts. Most people will tell you that the Koreans are the absolute best - and they might be right - but nothing is really conclusive yet. I'll post some particularly good matches once I get some time.

In particular, the Meta Athena vs Lunatic Hai match from earlier this week was pretty good, especially Dorado (that one starts about an hour and a half in):
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/131767787

Cheers guys. I got into watching competitive CS:Go and I found it made be enjoy my own competitive games a bit more.

Today I was playing Pharah in Oasis and saw a Winston going for the big health pack near the road... I knew what I had to do. It worked, thank god there was traffic xD

We got matched with a guy who isn't even placed yet and he's fucking shit. This is BS after our winning streak.

He had good stats, it was a smurf and he was 4-1 with Hanzo. He probably had a bad match but we also weren't better in my perspective. Glad we redeemed ourselves in the 2nd round.

The two losses happened when I was there...

Look at the bright side, if you went Orisa there would be more losses.

its the curse. the game gonna throw us crazy opponent with bad random to rankup gate us D:

You got robbed in King's Row, your ult near the end of our attack should've got the potg. Instead it was a pooh 3-men rez
:p
, game is rigged.

GGs, like having you as dps.

Carbon Series Grandfinal - LG Evil (formerly Hammers Esports) vs Immortals - US

Overwatch PIT Championship - NiP vs eUnited - EU

Overwatch PIT Championship - Selfless Gaming vs Complexity - EU

OGN Apex Season 2 - Lunatic-Hai vs Meta Athena - KR

OGN Apex Season 2- Runaways vs LW Blue - KR

These are my favorite games from the last month or so and they are mostly from teams that I think are set to do very well in the future.

Up-and-coming teams to look into that don't really have any recent results are NRG, Tempo Storm's new lineup, Blank Esports, Hammers Esports new lineup. Sure there are others but those are the ones I'm excited for. There are a ton of teams to pick and choose from since the Asian scene is so strong compared to things like Counter-Strike.

On another note, Cella - a (excellent) former SC2 coach - has joined as coach for Lazer Kittenz.

LiK

Today I was playing Pharah in Oasis and saw a Winston going for the big health pack near the road... I knew what I had to do. It worked, thank god there was traffic xD

He had good stats, it was a smurf and he was 4-1 with Hanzo. He probably had a bad match but we also weren't better in my perspective. Glad we redeemed ourselves in the 2nd round.

Look at the bright side, if you went Orisa there would be more losses.

You got robbed in King's Row, your ult near the end of our attack should've got the potg. Instead it was a pooh 3-men rez
:p
, game is rigged.

GGs, like having you as dps.

Yea, I think we were getting tired. We didn't really have any breaks. It was good to call it before we lost again.

Fuck 2CP maps tho. I think that's our only issue sometimes. We do real well with Payload and KOTH most of the time.

Yea, I think we were getting tired. We didn't really have any breaks. It was good to call it before we lost again.

Fuck 2CP maps tho. I think that's our only issue sometimes. We do real well with Payload and KOTH most of the time.

Yeah 10 games is rough, but usually when we play so much it's because we are winning so I don't mind doing more "marathons" :D

valeo

Carbon Series Grandfinal - LG Evil (formerly Hammers Esports) vs Immortals - US

Overwatch PIT Championship - NiP vs eUnited - EU

Overwatch PIT Championship - Selfless Gaming vs Complexity - EU

OGN Apex Season 2 - Lunatic-Hai vs Meta Athena - KR

OGN Apex Season 2- Runaways vs LW Blue - KR

These are my favorite games from the last month or so and they are mostly from teams that I think are set to do very well in the future.

Up-and-coming teams to look into that don't really have any recent results are NRG, Tempo Storm's new lineup, Blank Esports, Hammers Esports new lineup. Sure there are others but those are the ones I'm excited for. There are a ton of teams to pick and choose from since the Asian scene is so strong compared to things like Counter-Strike.

On another note, Cella - a (excellent) former SC2 coach - has joined as coach for Lazer Kittenz.

Cheers bud! Still remember watching the first WCG; things have come a long way since then.

I see you deleted, but this has happened to me a few times. Here's what I did:

Each time, I took a break and focused on a different aspect of the game.

The first time I did aim practice. There are many variants out there. Pick your poison.

The second time I worked on awareness- avoiding tunnel vision and always being aware of the Killfeed and my health. Also, when you see someone ghost around to flank, think of where they could go, and what horrible shit they could do to you from there if you don't call it out and/or deal with it yourself. And look out for Pharahs that aren't shooting but are just kinda drifting around. Justice is about to rain. Every time. (Sorry, as a Zen without Ult up, this is a nightmare scenario, and I play a lot of Zen.)

The last time this happened to me, I went and watched a truly staggering amount of videos on proper positioning. This was easily the most helpful adjustment.

Each time, I got better, until I hit the next wall and had to hone a new skill. That Silver/Gold area can be a nightmare, and it could just be luck of the draw, but take the opportunity to get better at just one thing each time this happens. I think you'll see results.

And hang in there! This shit happens to everyone.

I feel betrayed.

Well if it happens when you play Torb but not when a random does...

It's probably your Torb bro. Gotta out in the work on QP and get him up.

I'm at 2998.

Yeah us playing support seemed to go well. Unless you pick Ana.

LiK

Looks like Soldier and Junk are my go-tos in our group. Altho I'll happily play Lucio or Zen if people want to play another hero. But I think I got the DPS role down for you guys.

That one match in Anubis, the Hog kept hunting me down to hook me. I was getting so pissed off. He literally ignored everyone just to hook me.

Looks like Soldier and Junk are my go-tos in our group. Altho I'll happily play Lucio or Zen if people want to play another hero. But I think I got the DPS role down for you guys.

That one match in Anubis, the Hog kept hunting me down to hook me. I was getting so pissed off. He literally ignored everyone just to hook me.

I had another ulting Genji kill as Mercy tonight too.

He came hunting for me after. Kept flying away from him haha.

Well if it happens when you play Torb but not when a random does...

It's probably your Torb bro. Gotta out in the work on QP and get him up.

I'm a pro torb.

5sCYIUs.png

You guys think I'm joking but I'm actually playing seriously.

I went Zen in the second round on defense and it didn't matter shit, they steamrolled us again, don't expect the Torb to save the team, my turret can only do so much xD

Yeah us playing support seemed to go well. Unless you pick Ana.

Ana is ok, but I don't like to play her without Lucio. In my last game in lijiang owzers (rein) got the most kills with pollux on lucio and psycho on ana, it worked really well. Harder with a Zen, Tracer was murdering you and usually I had to use the nade on myself, we did well changing things up in the next round.

LiK

Gotta say, in Lijiang, I was killing that annoying Tracer as Soldier. She had golden guns too so probably a main. I bet I was pissing off that player so much. My aim was on point. Tracers don't scare me. hee hee

Top Bottom