• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

rulerk1

i was on the loading screen for titanfall 2 and I just went "this isnt Overwatch" and turned it off to play OW. What is it about this game that makes so addicting?

Attack the objective.
I got Rez.

Let's just shoot from far away and not go to point
I'm glad it's just qp so I left after the round lmao

I'm a better Reinhardt than Owzers confirmed?

Those guys were annoying too and so full of themselves "clutch Genji and clutch Zen" lol how about clutch rein charge and then ult to take it into overtime

Your mercy is really good too. I'm annoying with I need healing I know lol

Haha. Yeah you did save the game there.

Thinking back I dunno why I didn't rez you and soldier... I think I was about to until the zen ulted.

Chance

Gravity Rush 2 and Horizon kept me away from Overwatch for a while, so I never really played when Mercy's ult first got buffed. I am loving this.

Most of my team (4 of us, with Ana supporting) are on top defending on Dorado, doing a solid job of holding the reds back. Their Tracer, Soldier and Genji keep coming for the payload, and only our Soldier is stopping the thing from moving - so I'm flitting back and forth, making sure he stays alive when they come for him and backing up my Ana's healing with the main force when he's secure.

So I fly in to help him just as the red Soldier pops his ult.

https://youtu.be/hM-MKa_AtO4

1. Hide from (most of) the Soldier ult
  2. Go mini-tank, let him shred about half of my health bar and get all confident
  3. Pop ult, undoing what he did to my soldier and giving me carte blanche to finish him off
  4. A proper BM

Gravity Rush 2 and Horizon kept me away from Overwatch for a while, so I never really played when Mercy's ult first got buffed. I am loving this.

Most of my team (4 of us, with Ana supporting) are on top defending on Dorado, doing a solid job of holding the reds back. Their Tracer, Soldier and Genji keep coming for the payload, and only our Soldier is stopping the thing from moving - so I'm flitting back and forth, making sure he stays alive when they come for him and backing up my Ana's healing with the main force when he's secure.

So I fly in to help him just as the red Soldier pops his ult.

https://youtu.be/hM-MKa_AtO4

1. Hide from (most of) the Soldier ult
  2. Go mini-tank, let him shred about half of my health bar and get all confident
  3. Pop ult, undoing what he did to my soldier and giving me carte blanche to finish him off
  4. A proper BM

Yeah doing a right timed ult even a single man one and then killing someone is the greatest.

Anne

was 3200 on Thursday lol solo q only too

425a1363e0.png

Also:

661bcbb4b7.png

antitrop

Yeah playing lucio optimally requires a lot of trust in ur other support and i dont have that at all
I operate like I'm solo healing at all times, even when I'm playing Zen. If my teammates aren't at 100% for more than a few seconds, I feel anxious. I'm not cut out for playing Lucio, I have absolutely no trust in the other support at all.

And usually for good reason. The amount of Ana's that I've outhealed as Zen is fucking embarrassing, for the Ana's.

Anne

Also at some point I queued into Numlocked on Rein/Winston.

Pro Rein >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> soloq monster Rein

Jellie

Haven't played since Orisa dropped, did they do anything fun for April Fools Day?
If you type anything into chat as reinhardt it gets a reinhardt filter.
Good lord, don't make 10 min videos to an April Fool's joke.
But it has to be believable. If it was less than 10 mins you'd suspect something was up.
What does he do different/better than the solo queue Reins at GM/top 500?

Shatter everything

We actually took the first point with that comp. Then the team went try hard after the suicidal solo ult 1vs6 soldier said GG. We actually won the game. And I fucked up as Rein towards the end...again.

Also:

Edit: Overbuff says I lost the last KoTH game with Soldier. WTF? I won that match clearly. And I did really well with Soldier; their Mcree must have reported me because I landed bot-like burst headshots on him and Zen (all that practice and mouse adjustments paying off LOL).

Lol I kept taking out this pharah with widow so after they finally got first point they switched to sombra. Then I noticed they didn't have anyone to really take out a pharah so I switched to her lol and just started racking up damage until they switched back to pharah so we took it to the sky.

Chance

Sym shouldn't be able to stay attached if I boost up with pharah. it should disengage

I think it only stays attached for like 1 second beyond its normal range. S'like Mercy's beam healing through walls.

Course 1 second at 120 damage per second makes for a very long second.

Gorillaz

I do think this is the first time in awhile that the meta feels good for almost any character right now. Almost launch/end of beta level good.

i was on the loading screen for titanfall 2 and I just went "this isnt Overwatch" and turned it off to play OW. What is it about this game that makes so addicting?

Ive been telling myself I need to get back to TF2 to see the march update but having that same problem. I think using the Dark Souls 3 dlc ( haven't played any of the dlc yet) as a palate cleanser migth make it easier to actually load up TF2.

How's the community for PS4? Still alive and well ? just finally took the plunge.l and bought it

Yea it's strong, the fact that it survived a CoD launch back in november says alot. It feels like it hasn't skipped a beat player count wise.

Trickster

How are you supposed to practice heroes in this game? Quickplay is such a huge clusterfuck of nonsense compositions that it's hard to really emulate proper games

caesar

Banned
I am absolutely dogshit with stuff like genji or snipers though. Not really what I feel I should be trying to learn in competitive

You can argue that genji is easier in competitive. Since you have real compositions and actual healing you can make more reliable plays, also people are a lot more afraid to die so you want have 5 dps heros chasing your low hp ass around the map. Practicing him in quickplay is fine to learn the moves but sooner or later its going to hurt you.

AngryMoth

I wish the game defaulted groups to join team chat, it's so annoying when you get put with 4 stacks and can't communicate with them at all

How are you supposed to practice heroes in this game? Quickplay is such a huge clusterfuck of nonsense compositions that it's hard to really emulate proper games

Yep. You have to suck it up and deal with QP. The best thing you can do is get in stacks to avoid stupid picks and try to raise your MMR so that you won't group with assholes (hard to do when you practice). You will deal with a lot of unrealistic situations like no tanks/no healers, bad positioning and no cooperation (bubble protection or DM to save others).

Clusterfuck QP can be helpful in the way it teaches you to be very sharp and observational. You will develop bad habits if you don't mix in some comp games though.
I've learnt something very important from solo queue QP too. If you can't adapt and adjust in a messy team, you will most likely struggle at the higher ranks in comp.

The best way to learn a hero is get in a QP stack and get feedback from your friends.

You can argue that genji is easier in competitive. Since you have real compositions and actual healing you can make more reliable plays, also people are a lot more afraid to die so you want have 5 dps heros chasing your low hp ass around the map. Practicing him in quickplay is fine to learn the moves but sooner or later its going to hurt you.

Yeah it is funny how a lot of bad Genji players still make it far in comp by just relying on their ultimates. Just get nano'd+some CC ult and you have a dead team. That is basically what that diamond Genji did in Overanalayzed; Sty was pausing every few seconds to comment on how shit his fundamentals are.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
'quick play is for practicing new heroes' is always the excuse for shit team comps in quick play
'practicing new heroes' means genji, hanzo, tracer, mccree, 76, and widowmaker
has 30 hours on genji already

'quick play is for practicing new heroes' is always the excuse for shit team comps in quick play
'practicing new heroes' means genji, hanzo, tracer, mccree, 76, and widowmaker
has 30 hours on genji already

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=233172836&postcount=4072

Widow+Junkrat+Hanzon on attack in Temple of Anus.

I had Hanamura before that for some reason, and we had attack Torb and Symm but we won.

QP in a nutshell. People really don't know how valuable is QP right now. I think OW needs Death match, QP and competitive kinda like Counter strike. The idiots who only want to play "fun heroes" and ignore objectives will stay in TDM mode (hopefully).

QP is different at mid-high QP MMR. People are a bit more organized there, but not necessarily serious. QP got much worse when S4 was announced probably because of the influx of new players and the recent updates.

KiraFA37

Did the whole GAF in house thing with the LoL peeps.

We should do that. If anybody on PC wants to do it I'll make some stuff in the discord for it and we can set it up. Need to get 12 on the same night sometime to make it happen. Need to decide on a couple days to pick from.

Oh so that is what that new discord channel is about. I'm up for it if there are Eu friendly times. On Fridays and Saturdays I don't have any problems as I can wreck my sleep schedule for those days. Also anything happening with that Eu scrim group that ceaser was setting up?

caesar

Banned
Yep. You have to suck it up and deal with QP. The best thing you can do is get in stacks to avoid stupid picks and try to raise your MMR so that you won't group with assholes (hard to do when you practice). You will deal with a lot of unrealistic situations like no tanks/no healers, bad positioning and no cooperation (bubble protection or DM to save others).

Clusterfuck QP can be helpful in the way it teaches you to be very sharp and observational. You will develop bad habits if you don't mix in some comp games though.
I've learnt something very important from solo queue QP too. If you can't adapt and adjust in a messy team, you will most likely struggle at the higher ranks in comp.

The best way to learn a hero is get in a QP stack and get feedback from your friends.

Yeah it is funny how a lot of bad Genji players still make it far in comp by just relying on their ultimates. Just get nano'd+some CC ult and you have a dead team. That is basically what that diamond Genji did in Overanalayzed; Sty was pausing every few seconds to comment on how shit his fundamentals are.

Yeh its very easy to stand back spamming left clicks and swift strike low hp guys. The difference between these genjis and legit mechanical gods like shadder is staggering.

Jellie

Dude just walks through our Rein's shield and shatters the entire team. Being able to do stuff like that is crazy.

I tried that once when in a placement game. Other rein earthshattered me instead.
Still won the fight somehow.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
DVa has a higher pickrate than Zarya and Hog in the proscene right now

but general i still full of 'when dva buffs megathread'

Top Bottom