• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Oxn

Open-mic is fine on consoles, but nobody on PC wants to hear someone's loud-ass mechanical keyboard clicking and clacking for 15 minutes.

A lot of people will just automatically mute open-mics, if there's any background noise coming through constantly.

I like hearing the kb in the background. The faster the tempo i will know how hard they are working to win.

Edit: i use open mic, however i leave it on mute when i have nothing to say. But when i say something i unmute it. If i go long stretches without saying anything then i mute it back.

Has anyone bound their PTT key to a mouse button?

RH and mcrees ult are great for getting people off the point during overtime.
Everyone else's ult is good for taking the point in the first place, lol.

In a game like OW you don't want a PTT key at all. Just have it be voice-activated.

For WoW you need it because holy shit 30 people can't be talking at once.
I auto-mute anyone whose mic goes off from background noise pre-match.

I like hearing the kb in the background. The faster the tempo i will know how hard they are working to win.

It distracts me.

Trickster

So I'm definitely at a point now where I just can't justify ever picking Reinhardt in competitive. I'm am amazingly bad at him. I'm the guy that always misses my charge, lowers the shield at the wrong time, uses the ult and misses, loses the Reinhardt vs Reinhardt fights etc.

Just gonna try Orissa whenever people say we need Reinhardt

i said it before but ive won more games with Orisa on my team than ive loss.
people are just trying to figure stuff out and they dont have Pro plays to emulate yet.

Anne

A lot of people in soloq have been down with Orisa lately. She's pretty good here at least. Good chance you'll see her in pro games at some point or another.

antitrop

You mean when enemy team supercharges Ults from your Orisa and wipes your team shortly after? ;)
Rez, drop Supercharger, wipe.

I really like playing Mercy with Orisa. I always have Rez, because she's always taking damage, and her primary fire is pretty good with the damage boost.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I think it may be affecting the other healers too, I seem to be gaining less than I should be with Zen. Currently riding the threshold between plat and diamond. I was a mid-diamond Zen main in S3.
No man that's totally normal, you just aren't contributing enough/ /s

Chance

People are going to come around to the team-wipe potential of Supercharger.

It's actually a pretty nutty ult. Orisa isn't trash.

I've had games so far where I looked at the enemy comp that was stonewalling us, said "the answer to this is Orisa" and kicked their asses off the point more than once.

karasu

Trying Tracer out. That pulse bomb is some weak shit. Some British dude called me a bell pepper for my fail. Or a bellend whtever the fuck

IKizzLE

Finally just did my placements for season 4 and ended up with 3998. Then proceeded to lose 2 in a row and lost 50 points. Love how overwatch dangles the carrot in front of you. Anybody on ps4 want to run pharmercy today?

AbaFadi

Banned
Finally just did my placements for season 4 and ended up with 3998. Then proceeded to lose 2 in a row and lost 50 points. Love how overwatch dangles the carrot in front of you. Anybody on ps4 want to run pharmercy today?

Don't be that guy lmao

Shitty teams tonight, I kill 2-3 players several times before dying leaving it 5 Vs 3/4 and my team just doesn't push at all.

Edit: and game freezes on character select, that's 100 points lost tonight from BS that not my fault. Why don't you get longer to rejoin? I was reloaded to title screen within 40 seconds.

Chance

Trying Tracer out. That pulse bomb is some weak shit. Some British dude called me a bell pepper for my fail. Or a bellend whtever the fuck

Tracer's Ult lacks the teamkilling potential of most Assaults - you're never gonna' throw your pulse bomb and wipe a team outside of a perfect Zarya ult - but it also builds incredibly fast and permits you to essentially pick and assassinate high-value targets at little risk. So here's what you do:

1. Build ult
  2. Drop ult on a large, easy-to-stick target - a Rein, Orisa, Hog, Bastion, Winston - and hope an ally is close enough to them to make it a double.
  3. Repeat from Step 1

It's also worth throwing into tight groups, obviously, and I enjoy dropping it on goobers who aren't being mobile enough and making themselves easy targets. It builds so quickly that the best way to use it is constantly. If you're in the middle of a team fight and there's a tank in reach when it pops, drop it on that tank. The longer you sit on it, the less value you're getting out of Tracer.

You larger health pool you stick it to, the better. Sticking it to a McCree can be very edifying and funny, but your team will appreciate it a lot more when you fly in from above, empty your pistols into the enemy Rein, drop your pulse bomb and blink outta' there - boom - there goes their entire formation, ready for your team to sweep forward and wreck 'em.

Like this:

BRLlUqg.gif

It is with great sadness that I must woefully inform you all that my best hero is now Mercy.

(I have a 70+% win rate with her with over 5 hours played. My current rank is 3737)

Mr Git

My favourite pulse bomb stick is Mercy. Shoot her a bit, blink, pulse bomb and she'll usually freak and instantly glide towards whoever she's healing. Kills both of them.

Lmao what the hell.

You can even see that the shatter went up the wall once you died, I've never seen that happen before.

Yeah you can get caught up in there, happened to me before. But this one is weird because it doesn't look like the Genji was in range... they should make the ground shattering animation bigger to reflect the actual range.

How do I get matched with better players on Quick Play? I am in Plat but keep getting games with bronze/unranked players. I cannot really enjoy Quick Play because it's too easy to dominate. I feel bad trying hard honestly because I feel like I ruin the game for the other players.

Same with Arcade. For once I'd like to play 1v1 against someone where I need to try my very best in order to win.

maomaoIYP

How do I get matched with better players on Quick Play? I am in Plat but keep getting games with bronze/unranked players. I cannot really enjoy Quick Play because it's too easy to dominate. I feel bad trying hard honestly because I feel like I ruin the game for the other players.

Same with Arcade. For once I'd like to play 1v1 against someone where I need to try my very best in order to win.

Arcade has basically very little or no MMR based matchmaking. I suppose it's necessary because most of the modes have very little people playing them. I find the most even games in arcade are during the reset day when most players are trying to get their lootboxes. Otherwise it's most just low MMR players for the rest of the week.

Fugu

Playing a bit more as mercy. I see why people tilt as support lul
Mercy is particularly frustrating since people expect so much of you and you are somehow even more worthless in combat than Lucio. You're also counting a lot on your team giving you the cover and space to work; if they don't, you're just going to end up dead a lot and will probably end up getting blamed for the lack of heals.

There are some things you can do to make her less frustrating to play. The first thing is to be proactive about team attitude and make callouts. If you're getting ganked a lot, pretty much the best thing you can do for your team is to tell them that that's happening and what they can do about it. Some teams will grumble and be dicks about it, but most people want to win.

Another good strategy is to look for more opportunities to res. If you use it a lot, you'll get it a lot, and it's usually not a good idea to try to save the res for a team fight. Similarly, you probably shouldn't be hiding (and subsequently not healing your team) for the sole purpose of getting a big res; one of the best things Mercy can do is be an annoyance to the other team simply by existing, and if she leaves the fight she's no longer doing that (nevermind that your team is down one healer).

Also, don't pick her in Quick Play. If you must heal, use Ana since at least then you have a pretty good chance of killing someone.

Fugu

When I'm playing as Pharah and our Orisa is good with the mini-gravitons I see the potential in the character.

Pretty much every other time I play with/against her I think she's pretty weak.

Guys I am 3 for 3 with new Junkrat.

I love him so much more now.

Although my last game on Dorado I played him on defense and the whole team kept asking me to switch despite me having gold elims and damage.

At the end of the game they compliment everyone else but me.

"Talynn I hope I never play with you again but GG."

Funny thing is I muted one of them from last game due to toxicity. So eh.

Y'all sleeping on the Rat.

Guys I am 3 for 3 with new Junkrat.

I love him so much more now.

Although my last game on Dorado I played him on defense and the whole team kept asking me to switch despite me having gold elims and damage.

At the end of the game they compliment everyone else but me.

"Talynn I hope I never play with you again but GG."

Funny thing is I muted one of them from last game due to toxicity. So eh.

Y'all sleeping on the Rat.

I think my issue with him is that most players can't target his damage well. Are you getting kills? Sure, but you can't help with the Pharah in the sky, the Widowmaker picking our healers off, or the Soldier that is on a walkway and is ulting RIGHT NOW. Everything you do is slow area denial that takes time.

I would take a Sombra over a Junkrat any day.

I also hate playing against Junkrats because their randomly vomited grenades mess up my hooks too often. Junkrat players are on my hunt list along with Reapers and Mercys.

komaruR

Secret rein buff!

When i get back next sat i need to really work on ult economy tracking. I know its one of the major thing to know about but i keep forgetting about it mid fight.
Need to train more on qp on reading enemy ult economy. Probably gonna play rein to relearn those rein vs rein mind games.

Top Bottom