• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
See Genji has ult, give him charge, sleep their hog to focus on their Winston.

Dumbfuck decides not to finish Winston, wake road, ult runs out, we both die.

There are times were I just can't even phantom any sort of intelligence behind a player. Like, you stupid.

Other then that, it's been a pretty solid day, but one shitty kicker to end the night. Been 2 wins to 1 lost most of the day.

Sullichin

Almost positive there's something going on with post-match cards for Zenyatta now. When I get a card it's always for offensive assists, every time. Definitely seems like it changed at some point. Some matches with gold healing or high transcendence or gold obj kills or whatever, card is still for offensive assists even if that number is low.

ohkay

Man, it's one of those nights. Lost a game that should've been an easy win, and won a game that we should've lost

Edit: also, I hate hate hate playing Rein with a sym + one healer on defense.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Man, it's one of those nights. Lost a game that should've been an easy win, and won a game that we should've lost

It depends on the map. The Japan stage or German one? It's doable.

Anything else, it forces the other healer to be Mercy. Anyone else will not be able to heal enough unless you're team is planning to be something like Zarya, Mei, Soldier on top of it and group up.

I feel like it's similar to Zen, where he is barely a healer. A single target, slow heal is not enough. Both are more like Defensive units rather than support.

maomaoIYP

Almost positive there's something going on with post-match cards for Zenyatta now. When I get a card it's always for offensive assists, every time. Definitely seems like it changed at some point. Some matches with gold healing or high transcendence or gold obj kills or whatever, card is still for offensive assists even if that number is low.

Healing is also giving way less fire, and it's affecting the way SR is calculated for supports. Already bad enough that nobody ever votes for a Zen card which says offensive assists, now we get fucked over for SR too. Can hardly blame the community for never wanting to play support heroes.

Blues1990

Healing is also giving way less fire, and it's affecting the way SR is calculated for supports. Already bad enough that nobody ever votes for a Zen card which says offensive assists, now we get fucked over for SR too. Can hardly blame the community for never wanting to play support heroes.

But without (at the minimum) one strong healer to support the team, then you're officially boned against another with two. Yes, you can have Mei, Soldier, and Roadhog in there to pick up the slack (Soldier's Biotic Field can work in a pinch, while Mei and Roadhog can self-heal), but that is in a risk within itself.

MartyStu

I am beginning to fall in love with sleep dart. These days, it is rare to not have it on cooldown unless I am anticipating a nasty ult.

This happens a lot on PS4, on 2cp maps usually, and the healer picked is Mercy which is fine.

I don't mind playing Rein in those conditions, the problem is when the other 3 teammates can't read the situation and pick like D.Va, McCree and Reaper for example, none of which has self-healing or shields, making it obviously much harder on the Mercy.

One thing that also happens a lot is when you have Lucio picked and there are 2 persons that still didn't pick a character (one of them being me), the other one starts to select/deselect Rein telling me to play that. I pick him assuming that he's going to pick another healer... he goes "Genji". No fuck you. *picks character with self-heal*

I think my issue with him is that most players can't target his damage well. Are you getting kills? Sure, but you can't help with the Pharah in the sky, the Widowmaker picking our healers off, or the Soldier that is on a walkway and is ulting RIGHT NOW. Everything you do is slow area denial that takes time.

I would take a Sombra over a Junkrat any day.

I also hate playing against Junkrats because their randomly vomited grenades mess up my hooks too often. Junkrat players are on my hunt list along with Reapers and Mercys.

My issue with junkrat is that most junkrats just feed healer ult.

My issue with Sombra is you need a team that has some synergy/synchronization/communication for her to be utilized correctly.

karasu

Tracer's Ult lacks the teamkilling potential of most Assaults - you're never gonna' throw your pulse bomb and wipe a team outside of a perfect Zarya ult - but it also builds incredibly fast and permits you to essentially pick and assassinate high-value targets at little risk. So here's what you do:

1. Build ult
  2. Drop ult on a large, easy-to-stick target - a Rein, Orisa, Hog, Bastion, Winston - and hope an ally is close enough to them to make it a double.
  3. Repeat from Step 1

It's also worth throwing into tight groups, obviously, and I enjoy dropping it on goobers who aren't being mobile enough and making themselves easy targets. It builds so quickly that the best way to use it is constantly. If you're in the middle of a team fight and there's a tank in reach when it pops, drop it on that tank. The longer you sit on it, the less value you're getting out of Tracer.

You larger health pool you stick it to, the better. Sticking it to a McCree can be very edifying and funny, but your team will appreciate it a lot more when you fly in from above, empty your pistols into the enemy Rein, drop your pulse bomb and blink outta' there - boom - there goes their entire formation, ready for your team to sweep forward and wreck 'em.

Like this:

BRLlUqg.gif

This has changed my game considerably. Thanks! I got two triple pulse bomb kills in one match. I didn't get play of the game because of a shitty Bastion, however. Sitting there! On his ass.

My issue with junkrat is that most junkrats just feed healer ult.

My issue with Sombra is you need a team that has some synergy/synchronization/communication for her to be utilized correctly.

I actually have never understood the healer ult feed argument. Where is the rest of the team? I've never actually been in a situation where a Junkrat is tossing grenades out into my team and we're like "Oh sweet, we get to sit here and power up the healer's ult". We're under assault, and the healers are trying to keep up as best they can.

My only issue with Sombra is I can't kill stuff with her - lol. :(

I did have one match where a Sombra kept trying to hack my Roadhog, and then I would chase her around and kill her with left clicks.

I am beginning to fall in love with sleep dart. These days, it is rare to not have it on cooldown unless I am anticipating a nasty ult.
I feel like it needs a nerf - the duration is just ridiculous.

ohkay

I actually have never understood the healer ult feed argument. Where is the rest of the team? I've never actually been in a situation where a Junkrat is tossing grenades out into my team and we're like "Oh sweet, we get to sit here and power up the healer's ult". We're under assault, and the healers are trying to keep up as best they can.
The team will normally be set up behind wherever Junkrat is lobbing, normally into some choke so the damage is avoidable, gets no kills, and is easily healable before an actual fight breaks out (when the team moves forward). All this does is help healers get their ults, all of which are more powerful (nano, rez, sound barrier, trans) than whatever was gained by the trash damage (junkrat ult?)

valeo

Mostly played Lucio support and a bit of Zen, but I'm really coming around on Ana. She's good fun, and her grenade is bloody useful.

Yeah just don't blame the healer immediately. He might be doing a poor job because noone is protecting him from flankers, which might just be the fault of tanks/dps.

Yes, the dps like the Sombras who ignore my "Group Up" plea coming out of spawn, go invisible, and run past the Tracer who's been spawn-camping my Zen all game.

Side note- it cracks me up when people start to take on the characteristics of the characters they play most often. Happens to me all the time if I put in too many hours on the same handful of characters.

MartyStu

My only issue with Sombra is I can't kill stuff with her - lol. :(

I did have one match where a Sombra kept trying to hack my Roadhog, and then I would chase her around and kill her with left clicks.

I feel like it needs a nerf - the duration is just ridiculous.

The duration is indeed long, but it is only ever a 'problem' with organized teams. Otherwise? Nah.

And even if it were nerfed, the stun is the best part, not the duration.

Zen Aku

Had a Mei on the other team tilt so hard because on defense point A Hollywood. Her ult didn't pop even though you can hear it, she died as soon as she press Q. What even worst is that she lost her charge too. It's like her ult just disappeared.

15 mins later she was still tilted. We just steamrolled them the rest of attack and then defense. I think she cost her team the game by being like that.

Had a Mei on the other team tilt so hard because on defense point A Hollywood. Her ult didn't pop even though you can hear it, she died as soon as she press Q.

15 mins later she was till tilted. We just steamrolled them the rest of attack and then defense. I think she cost her team the game by being like that.

Did she lose her ult? That happened to me once, it's really dumb.

Edit: saw the edit. yup, they should fix that.

ohkay

Had a Mei on the other team tilt so hard because on defense point A Hollywood. Her ult didn't pop even though you can hear it, she died as soon as she press Q. What even worst is that she lost her charge too. It's like her ult just disappeared.

15 mins later she was till tilted. We just steamrolled them the rest of attack and then defense. I think she cost her team the game by being like that.
Did you guys have a D.Va?

Zen Aku

Did you guys have a D.Va?
I think we did. I'm not 100% sure. All I remember is she just got rekt by Reinhardt when she came on to the point trying to stall.

She threw her ult up and just died from Rein's swing. I think we did have a DVA. Did DVA eat her ult?

Meis ult not coming out after she dies and still losing the ult charge for it is a known bug. Has happened to players on mine and the enemies team

Oversumo is either (i) bullshit (ii) taunting me or (iii) telling me to find better teammates.

6 leavers out of 10 placement matches (all in my team). And now I've been stuck at 1750 for 40 games with a whopping 37% win ratio.

Oversumo is either (i) bullshit (ii) taunting me or (iii) telling me to find better teammates.

6 leavers out of 10 placement matches (all in my team). And now I've been stuck at 1750 for 40 games with a whopping 37% win ratio.

The rankings are bullshit because it doesn't take in account the level of the players you are facing. That doesn't change the fact that your stats are all above the average (the white marking) of what they are tracking.

Overbuff and Masteroverwatch are also weird since your stats can look good in one of them and just average in the other.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Done 6 placements so far solo

1win, 1 tie, then 2 losses, now 2 wins

So 3-2-1, hovering in Diamond @3100-3400 Range

I got tilted by a Roadhog real bad
Had a pocket Mercy, just would do his Pick, if no one gotten, retreat, pop out again 8 seconds later

I went D.Va cause god forbid the other people Tank!
Made it to the cusp of 2nd checkpoint on Route 66, just close to the door where Defend can drop down

Wanted to Pharah, but she got insta-picked, needed Tank badly
Went 12-3 as Attack D.Va, 3 Golds
Defend switched to Pharah and just rained Rockets up that fat fucks ass, made him switch off to McCree then Soldier, wasting all that time building Ultimate to get me
Stall them right at the garage
Felt so fucking good hearing that piggy squeal

The rankings are bullshit because it doesn't take in account the level of the players you are facing. That doesn't change the fact that your stats are all above the average (the white marking) of what they are tracking.

Overbuff and Masteroverwatch are also weird since your stats can look good in one of them and just average in the other.

Yeah, Overbuff and SR both tell me that I suck :p

I thought the white marking in oversumo was my own average though.

GraveRobberX

How?

I've won seven of the ten and lost three. I got placed 1650. I'm now fighting to get at 2500 and currently I'm ~2235.

Well:

Season 1 - 60
Season 2 - 2706 (Platinum, played 1/4th the Season)
Season 3 - 3184 Diamond
Season 4 - Now I'm hovering in the 3100-3400 Diamond Range

You have to realize, older season do play a part
Blizzard has some crazy algorithm to put you into certain tiers and either you claw your way out or stay in the depths of the abyss

As you can see I've gone Up from Season 2, so game gonna put me in the tier I closed out on unless I do real horrible in placements, then mostly peg me down to Platinum and 2800-2900 range
If I do great, I'll climb a little in my tier, I highly doubt going 10-0 and beasting really would push into next tier, maybe real close, but I haven't seen placements take people up like 1-2 tiers prior tier they were a season ago

Trickster

Do we know what/when the next event is planned to be? I thought it would be easter, but apparently Kaplan have said there wont be an easter event

Rogan

Banned
Well:

Season 1 - 60
Season 2 - 2706 (Platinum, played 1/4th the Season)
Season 3 - 3184 Diamond
Season 4 - Now I'm hovering in the 3100-3400 Diamond Range

As you can see I've gone Up from Season 2, so game gonna put me in the tier I closed out on unless I do real horrible in placements, then mostly peg me down to Platinum and 2800-2900 range
If I do great, I'll climb a little in my tier, I highly doubt going 10-0 and beasting really would push into next tier, maybe real close, but I haven't seen placements take people up like 1-2 tiers prior tier they were a season ago

That explains it! :)

I ended season 1 with 48 or something. Never got passed 2500SR in season one and three.

Its hard to get lucky with teammates. For me its common to get two or more players below level 50 in my team. The usual hero's get picked and most of the times I lose.

In these games I'm mostly carrying with Roadhog but its never enough. People just don't care in competitive. Its like Russian roulette.

Does anyone wants to team up on PC? Current rating is ~2500 and I could use some serious players. I usually play Roadhog but I can adapt.

GraveRobberX

When you run this super coordinated dive and get point A first push but some1 on the enemy team quits

RIPPPPPP

They should be banhamnered to fucking Silver tier

So fucking infuriating, that you got the upper hand, yet quit, eat small penalty that can be made up quickly
Seriously if you have that on your record even more than once, you should be pegged down 1 whole fucking tier

How convenient player left just as Attack pushed in overtook your defense, don't fight back, just quit

Holy Fuck!, in my 8th Placement game, I'm seeing Master Icons, is this real life?

_Legacy_

I've been slowly dropping in SR, I was 2590 two weeks ago but now around 2400. Just not getting enough SR in games I'm winning in my 3 stack. I need to pick things up quickly.

Had a sick game with orisa on Ilios-well last night in comp.

Went 66-14 and had 8 enviro kills. One grav orb pulled down and ulting hog and soldier. So good.

Too bad the rest of the nights games were ruined by widows/throwers/leavers etc.

GraveRobberX

Good lord my hands are shaking, that was intense!

Master games are always like this?

Litjang Tower, we went 3-0, but Holy Shit top fucking plays from everyone on both sides

I've never seen both Lucios pull off those maneuvers, grinding chasing each other
Zaryas Ulting near perfection

Sweet Jesus, this game gives you some of the highest of highs!
I went Zenyatta and just Discorded like a mad man
Took them to round 3 to bring a Rein to stop my shenanigans but it was too late, we had one OP Sombra
She was getting Ults like no tomorrow
We kept eating her hacked packs just to push it

No voice communication at all, just used the wheel to call our Ults, Group up and just went crazy battles
There Mercy pulled off almost a clutch backdoor revive due to Overtime on the point, fell to her death doing so prolonging the fight
Reviving 2, thank fuck our Roadhog, me as Zen and Lucia stuck on point
Tracer and their Toad got revived
Luckily Zarya and Soldier turned the fuck around and we just sandwiched the shit out of them

Pulled off 2 amazing Transendences
Stopped a Zarya and Reaper Combo, saving whole team and we threw all our Ultimates back at them
Then cock-blocked Whole Hog of Roadhog, he tried to push me off, wasting his Ult on me, in the process kept my Soldier and Lucio alive

Feeling Hyped!

GraveRobberX

Well 9th game had 2 throwers

1 became a Widow, the other a Lucio grinding and committing suicide out of bounds

Fucking great, that high lasted 1 fucking game!

Jellie

Same with Lucio for me. Offensive assists everytime.

there's a reason that alot of times, average junkrat players have gold damage but not gold or silver in elims. its cause they are just doing alot of splash damage that is getting healed. most junkrats cant aim so its just doing damage that gets healed which in turn feed healer ult.

Top Bottom