• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

I am improving my Mercy:

mRbA4xS.png

My average tho... :/
...Jesus. I thought I was doing good work with my lucio too lol put my hype down alot

I'm just gonna throw this out there. I know hero ideas are dumb but

Support hero- Edgier than Reaper- Necromancer.

He/she is a former colleague/friend/lover? Of reaper. But she went even further onto the edge than Reaper. She went places where reaper wouldn't even go.

Key ability is the ability to ressurect one dead teammate on a 20 second cool down. Not an ultimate ability. The revived hero returns with a tiny pool of 100/150 health that cannot be healed. They are not affected by armor pickups but shield generator will add shields, but they don't regenerate. The ability has a small start-up window similar to reaper's teleport and range is much smaller than mercy revive but requires line of sight.

Heroes do not retain any ultimate charge or buffs they had at death, dva doesn't get her mech, she has to earn it back on revive. Possible for other compromises to revived heroes(reduced ammunition, reduced damage, no ult?) if the ability proves too powerful. Or buff by reducing the cool down or increasing range to revive.

Other ability would be a fireball that arcs and hits the ground. Enemies hit by it in flight take small initial damage but continuous bleed damage as they burn. When it hits the ground the ground ignites and players that stand in the fire take bleed damage. Used to block off areas like junkrat trap or bomb.

Weapons are dual flamethrowers that are projected from the hands. They cause damage in their short range but also bleed damage from burning.

Alt fire increases the range temporarily but removes direct damage and only causes burning damage to be started. Chews up more ammo and has a 3-4 second active time where it can't be cancelled.

I basically want them to look demonic or like dormammu from mvc3.

NeoRaider

6.2K average isn't bad, if that's QP.

Yes, it's QP.

Also i have to say that it's really, really not easy to do this and have more than 10k with Mercy these days. Some teams are just... my god.
There are some good teams too, that know wery well what are they doing. And actually help me with their positions and protect me. But most of the time i am healing alone and some ppl just won't accept that i can't heal everyone at once or come to them.

Many times ppl blame me for dying, "why didn't you heal me??" and they are alone on the other side of the map... ???
Or "res, res, save me!" and i just resurrected 2 or 3 ppl few seconds ago...

antitrop

Yes, it's QP.

Also i have to say that it's really, really not easy to do this and have more than 10k with Mercy these days. Some teams are just... my god.
There are some good teams too, that know wery well what are they doing. And actually help me with their positions and protect me. But most of the time i am healing alone and some ppl just won't accept that i can't heal everyone at once or come to them.

Many times ppl blame me for dying, "why didn't you heal me??" and they are alone on the other side of the map... ???
Or "res, res, save me!" and i just resurrected 2 or 3 ppl few seconds ago...
Mine is 8.4K, but I've never seen another Mercy with higher average healing than me in QP (and I check). Most are usually between 5-6K, so 6.2K is just fine.

edgefusion

Man, the rise of kb/m on console is really becoming quite a problem. You either have it and wreck those that don't, or you don't have it and get stomped.

Trickster

Pretty much the only thing that stops the knock back is Orisa's Fortify.

Sound Barrier won't stop it.

I see. I just had a situation were I ulted as Roadhog, and it didn't look as if any from the other team were getting knocked back. I could even swear that someone was walking towards me, through the ult.

Anne

Team locks in Zen/Lucio/Tracer/Genji/Winston

Random 6th: "surely this is the moment for my Junkrat skills to shine"

rulerk1

wow highlights really fuck up the game (on PS4) if they load at the wrong time. So many glitches happen because of them and they take forever to load. is it like that on PC

Team locks in Zen/Lucio/Tracer/Genji/Winston

Random 6th: "surely this is the moment for my Junkrat skills to shine"

sounds like a story in plat. Because he's the hero we deserve, but not the one we need right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A Junkrat.

wow highlights really fuck up the game (on PS4) if they load at the wrong time. So many glitches happen because of them and they take forever to load. is it like that on PC

I don't even use the highlight feature on PC. If there's something I want to rewatch, i'll hit the button i set for my shadowplay to record the last 5 minutes.

but when I use to look at the highlights a long time ago, no, I don't recall them fucking up.

I'm just gonna throw this out there. I know hero ideas are dumb but

Support hero- Edgier than Reaper- Necromancer.

cool idea, but I think they mostly base their characters around shooting/fps concepts for the basis. which is why I'm not sure if they'd do something with a D&D/RPG/Fantasy based concept (but it's blizzard, who knows).

With that in mind, I'd like to see something based off of like rainbow six type games and Breaching. This is unrealistic as they'd have to redesign their engine around this one hero which won't happen, but a hero who can breach any wall as his Ulti. the Breach would be like...the size of Reinhardt.... and the wall stays breached for the rest of the game. and if enemy heros are near the wall when it's breached they will not only get knock backed but take significant damage based on how close they are, and even fragged if they are close enough. I didn't have time to think about the other abilities. but I think that would be kind of cool...especially for chokes. but, the rest of his kit would have to make him more viable during non choke points as being able to breach walls is kinda pointless, like, when moving the payload (tho there could be instances where it isn't.)

Lost to a meme team comp of torb and sombra and then junkrat on attack r66 Feelsbadman.

Right now im just going 1-1 on my games, i wouldnt mind if i was abit further in GM but im still just on the edge so i fall in and out of GM which is annoying.

aeolist

Banned
i got annoyed by winston so much the last week or so i decided to spam him today and got 3 super easy wins

i definitely couldn't have done this in plat or even probably diamond though, he needs some good healers

With that in mind, I'd like to see something based off of like rainbow six type games and Breaching. This is unrealistic as they'd have to redesign their engine around this one hero which won't happen, but a hero who can breach any wall as his Ulti. the Breach would be like...the size of Reinhardt.... and the wall stays breached for the rest of the game. and if enemy heros are near the wall when it's breached they will not only get knock backed but take significant damage based on how close they are, and even fragged if they are close enough. I didn't have time to think about the other abilities. but I think that would be kind of cool...especially for chokes. but, the rest of his kit would have to make him more viable during non choke points as being able to breach walls is kinda pointless, like, when moving the payload (tho there could be instances where it isn't.)
What about an ability that allows heros to phase through a specific section of a wall or teleport to the other side? Like a deployable device you stick on a wa that will glow blue if the wall will allow for that and glow red on invalid surfaces?

What about an ability that allows heros to phase through a specific section of a wall or teleport to the other side? Like a deployable device you stick on a wa that will glow blue if the wall will allow for that and glow red on invalid surfaces?

well yea, that would work with this engine and be sick

I just think there's opportunity for the revive mechanic outside mercy. A twist on it where instead of a large range full revive, faster, more frequent revives that are lower impact to the team.

I need to find him again but i came across a Reaper main in high Masters/GM yesterday and today.

Mains reaper every single season from launch has a silver portrait and his name was something like Lucifer

I couldnt hold the edge.

DevilDog

I use it to judge my team. If I get gold healing or damage on Sombra somethings up. There's been games when I had 5 golds.

Yeah just don't blame the healer immediately. He might be doing a poor job because noone is protecting him from flankers, which might just be the fault of tanks/dps.

Jellie

Yeah just don't blame the healer immediately. He might be doing a poor job because noone is protecting him from flankers, which might just be the fault of tanks/dps.

Well it was 6 minutes into the game and Ana had less healing than 600hp so idk. The Ana and Orisa duo were constantly typing to each other since they would abruptly stop walking.

Pundere

Something I've been curious about since I started getting more unto comp play: What constitutes 'good callouts'?

Is it simply saying "McCree is flanking" or "Mercy is one hit" or is it more in-depth than that?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Something I've been curious about since I started getting more unto comp play: What constitutes 'good callouts'?

Is it simply saying "McCree is flanking" or "Mercy is one hit" or is it more in-depth than that?

Typically location.

McCree Right Top, Pharah Above Center, Tracer Behind, etc.

antitrop

Typically location.

McCree Right Top, Pharah Above Center, Tracer Behind, etc.
Ya, position is very important. You can't just call something out and expect your team to start doing 360s until they see who you're talking about.

Learning map-specific locations for call outs is important too. If someone says "Mercy hiding jail" on Hollywood, you need to know which building is actually the jail.

Ya, position is very important. You can't just call something out and expect your team to start doing 360s until they see who you're talking about.

Learning map-specific locations for call outs is important too. If someone says "Mercy hiding jail" on Hollywood, you need to know which building is actually the jail.

Yeh. Something I need to work on in my call outs.

People who regularly make calls for their team: what hotkey is your mic set to?

Pretty much the only thing that stops the knock back is Orisa's Fortify.

Sound Barrier won't stop it.

Shields like Rein's and D.va's as well.

Roadhog might have the worst ult in the game next to Mcree.

Oxn

People who regularly make calls for their team: what hotkey is your mic set to?

Shields like Rein's and D.va's as well.

Roadhog might have the worst ult in the game next to Mcree.

RH and mcrees ult are great for getting people off the point during overtime.

kirblar

In a game like OW you don't want a PTT key at all. Just have it be voice-activated.

For WoW you need it because holy shit 30 people can't be talking at once.

antitrop

In a game like OW you don't want a PTT key at all. Just have it be voice-activated.

For WoW you need it because holy shit 30 people can't be talking at once.

Open-mic is fine on consoles, but nobody on PC wants to hear someone's loud-ass mechanical keyboard clicking and clacking for 15 minutes.

A lot of people will just automatically mute open-mics, if there's any background noise coming through constantly.

Top Bottom