• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT9| There is no Cow Hero

Played my first 1v1 random thing. It was super tense but I won 5-2 and it was actually really fun.

Playing more Dva, Mercy, Junk and adding in Solider 76. I had my best round probably ever on Junkrat defending (forgot map name) where I got 2 quad kills with 2 ults and had like a 15 kill streak.

I think I got to level 16. I'm really liking the game but it's a chore to play with random people sometimes.

Anne

Winston on the rise

overall.png

rulerk1

I like how blizz implemented snipers in this game. no random body shot camper kills from full health. I like how if your sniper sucks its pretty much 5v6 unlike other games where they still kill by body shots. This titanfall 2 salt really

NeoRaider

Nice to hear that. I hope it's Legendary and good looking skin for Widow.

BTW. Is it time for new event to start this month??

PatjuhR

Awesome, 3rd leave this season due to Overwatch loading error.

Could've been 3000. Now I'm 2750 with probably penalties on my ass

Chance

This has changed my game considerably. Thanks! I got two triple pulse bomb kills in one match. I didn't get play of the game because of a shitty Bastion, however. Sitting there! On his ass.

Awesome! I'm very glad to have helped ^.^ good hunting!

NeoRaider

Just speculating that this event is related to that. Can't be a coincoidence that it's King's Row.

But what exactly is on PTR? I mean what is new about KR?
You mean even about just one refined map or?? Why would they do that?

Tracer is one of the character who still doesn't have a skin I want, so I'm happy to let them keep trying. Her skins are in snooze tier along with Widowmaker (so bad), Winston, Hanzo, Mcree, and Soldier.

Yeah, I can understand how you would find it hard.

Hook tank -> get nano'd ->one shot them.
Do you really want to pop an ult on one hook combo?

The problem with nanoboosting Roadhog is that his damage output is slow, bursty, and unreliable. You want a character that continually outputs a high DPS stream to take maximum benefit of nanoboost.

Winston on the rise
Wow, my prediction was wrong. I stated that Orisa would undoubtedly see more play than Sombra. :-(

LiK

Well, good news. A lot of shit Widows and McCrees will show up just for their new skins for a week.

But what exactly is on PTR? I mean what is new about KR?
You mean even about just one refined map or?? Why would they do that?

They reworked the visuals so it's warmer and also changed a few colors/lighting here and there. It's supposed to fit in with the rest of the maps more and is supposed to be easier to update from what they said on the OW forums.

DevilDog

Tracer could never have enough skins tbh.

Best design in the game deserves it.

Do you really want to pop an ult on one hook combo?

The problem with nanoboosting Roadhog is that his damage output is slow, bursty, and unreliable. You want a character that continually outputs a high DPS stream to take maximum benefit of nanoboost.
Yeah, if he hooks reinhardt or a zarya I make sure he kills them. After that the other team usually panicks and they run away. If roadhog his anyone once the rest of my team can one shot them. And that's game.

Usually its better for gengu/soldier, but hog works. He gets tons of ult charge as well.

You're insufferable. Ignored.

Guess this was a meltdown months in the making then.

So 2 friends and I have all earned masters as a 3-stack primarily using dive comp (Zen, Tracer, Winston). I had master for like a week last season but this season the road to GM begins. Characters I primarily used to get to masters: Zen, Ana, Soldier. I am the designated Pharmercy slayer. :p

Also finally started competitive on PC.... my mechanical skill just isn't there. Still having a blast just sucks because my positioning and decision making are good but my aiming is horrendous. Look at this discrepancy:

Xbox One Main Account: 3546
Xbox One Smurf Account: 3156
PC Account: 1824

Master on console, silver on PC. Need more practice.

Shahadan

Please clarify

I'm killed between the moment I press A (with Mei's ult line getting played) and the moment it's supposed to start freezing shit.
I guess the robot isn't actually launched even though there is the animation and line, but my meter goes back to zero.

Happened 5 times in the last two weeks already. And no, no Dva or whatever

LiK

I'm killed between the moment I press A (with Mei's ult line getting played) and the moment it's supposed to start freezing shit.
I guess the robot isn't actually launched even though there is the animation and line, but my meter goes back to zero.

well, you could try Ulting and immediately go into Ice Block.

Shahadan

well, you could try Ulting and immediately go into Ice Block.

That's what I'm trying to do but I'm killed in the split sceond during that part :p
But anyway I can't remember this happening with other heroes, or maybe once with Bastion but I'm not even sure.

Really frustrating

Fugu

Anyone ever have this happened to them before? (Look at the chat)

It caused my framerate to get completely obliterated and we lost because I was basically useless.

I'm pretty sure this is intentional.

AngryMoth

Winston on the rise
Feel like a slight nerf to 76 is justified looking at these stats. They buffed his damage from 17 to 20 last time, why not try it at 19? Or take a look at his right click maybe cos it deletes people stupidly fast.

I would much rather be playing a different dps hero most of the time but he is just too powerful to ignore at the moment and so get sucked into playing him a lot.

Feel like a slight nerf to 76 is justified looking at these stats. They buffed his damage from 17 to 20 last time, why not try it at 19? Or take a look at his right click maybe cos it deletes people stupidly fast.

I would much rather be playing a different dps hero most of the time but he is just too powerful to ignore at the moment and so get sucked into playing him a lot.

Soldier and Pharah nerfs, and I think I'm happy with the game's balance.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
More Tracer skins even though I doubt she's even the top 5 most picked heroes of the game

Tracer is like the Roman Reigns of Overwatch

caesar

Banned
So 2 friends and I have all earned masters as a 3-stack primarily using dive comp (Zen, Tracer, Winston). I had master for like a week last season but this season the road to GM begins. Characters I primarily used to get to masters: Zen, Ana, Soldier. I am the designated Pharmercy slayer. :p

Also finally started competitive on PC.... my mechanical skill just isn't there. Still having a blast just sucks because my positioning and decision making are good but my aiming is horrendous. Look at this discrepancy:

Xbox One Main Account: 3546
Xbox One Smurf Account: 3156
PC Account: 1824

Master on console, silver on PC. Need more practice.

If you have the knowledge you can still easily climb with winston or rein.

Anne

Anne's boosted animal hero pick guide S4 edition:

Stuck in elo hell during this competitive season? Bad teammates got you down? Don't know which hero will help carry you to the stars? Let me help with that. These heroes are guaranteed to grant you 3k+ elo no problem. If you're favorite hero isn't on this list that doesn't mean they are too bad to pick. Probably. Sorry Reaper players.

Freelo tier:

Mercy: Rez buffs are hella real. This characters ability to survive and get off a high value rez is making or breaking tons of ranked games right now. So much so it's not uncommon to hear "we can't counter Mercy without our own Mercy" from my own teammates as they fail to get real value and maintain our own ult economy :^). Figure out who the best DPS player on your team is and live basically inside of them for minutes at a time until they die. Then just yell "die on point" and get that big value rez. (ask Antitrop how to actually play this character they know what's up)

Pharah: If Mercy is good, Pharah is probably also mad good. Ana is nerfed, more people are running dive heroes than hitscan, and you have a monkey buddy to help get in wherever you want. Seriously, you don't need to be named Mangachu or Valkia to make this hero work. If you can land rockets and just space decently, this character puts in crazy work. There are tons of team comps (read: dive) that are popular right now with no Pharah countermeasures on them, so don't be afraid to just go nuts.

Winston: Shield buff means that once you go in you can basically stay in forever now. If a DPS player on the enemy team has more mechanical skill than your entire team combined, don't worry. Pick up your gorilla friend and cause flashbacks to S3 D.Va all over again. Pair with a remotely competent Genji, Tracer, or Pharah just to be extra sure the enemy carry is removed from the game.

Season 3 Favorites:

Soldier: It's Soldier. He hurts. Pick him.

Reinhardt: Big square don't care. He's less good than last season because of all the flying monkeys, but he's still 1000x better than Orisa ever will be.

Zarya: Goes great with monkeys! Saves teammates from monkeys! That's enough to pick her nearly all the time still.

Tracer and Genji: These characters were already arguably better than Soldier in some situations, but with Winston being everywhere they just definitely are a good chunk of the time. Name a random character in team chat and be amazed as they disappear right before your eyes while never having swift strike on CD again. Tracer is a better tank buster than Reaper.
Lucio: #NerfLucio

Ana: #NerfAnaAgain

The "People thinking niche picks are dead" tier:

D.Va: lowkey broken again. DM buff is insane and she can negate several new things that she couldn't before. Big ones include Zarya, Roadhog, and even Genji. She's also very good with mobile dive comps because she has the best mobility in the game that nobody uses enough. She also murders Pharah. That last one is honestly enough to justify her existence right now.

McCree: People keep saying that McCree is murdered by dive. People also keep having very bad management of their flashbang cooldown. People keep standing in bad spots. With everything and their mom trying to jump on Mercy, flashbang is the god and M1 still "randomly" decides fights.

Widowmaker: Kills Pharah.

Zen: Dive is good, Pharah is good, thus Zen is good.

Addendum: Roadhog is still good at killing divers yeah pick him on defense.

In the holy words of caeser the former eu GAF OW lord:

Play Pharmercy and watch the enemy team implode as they blame their solo McCree for not killing both of them by hitting 30 consecutive 20 dmg long range shots.

Top Bottom