• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pacquiao vs. Bradley |OT| Hope OR Hype? June 9th 9:00 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNatural

My Member!
So will this be replayed on HBO?

Some of the Twitter comments shown on ESPN by famous athletes are kind of suprising how shocked and upset at it they seem. Whenever I have seen a bad descision I just shrug and think well that's boxing, but will have to see a replay to see why such reactions.

Take whatever bad decision you think you've saw and put a 10 after it, with an exponential sign. Cards literally had Pacquiao winning all 12, or at worst, losing 1. This was so bad, that even the most ardent defenders can't find logic in this decision. It's literally the worst decision in the history of boxing as far as a PPV goes.

TheNatural

My Member!
so is it time for the mods to merge the Boxing community and Pro Wrestling community threads into one? Let's start getting to know each other.

Nah the more fixed event needs to have it's own thread. So let Boxing discussion stay on its own, no need to shit up the more legitimate sport.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
It was a close fight. People are tripping.

tumblr_m463tyXMuF1rw5uk8o1_250.gif

Take whatever bad decision you think you've saw and put a 10 after it, with an exponential sign. Cards literally had Pacquiao winning all 12, or at worst, losing 1. This was so bad, that even the most ardent defenders can't find logic in this decision. It's literally the worst decision in the history of boxing as far as a PPV goes.

It's the worst boxing decision in PPV history. Probably the second-worst decision I've personally seen.

The worst decision I ever saw was Roy Jones Jr. losing in the Olympics in Seoul Korea in 1988, which everybody knows was a fucking fixed fight.

TheNatural

My Member!
LOL

ESPN poll said:
Which decision in the last 20 years has been the most controversial?
Lewis-Holyfield I
( 13% )
Trinidad-De La Hoya
( 10% )
Bradley-Pacquiao
( 74% )
Whitaker-Chavez
( 3% )

04.jpg

The greatest night in the history of our sport!

TheNatural

My Member!
It's the worst boxing decision in PPV history. Probably the second-worst decision I've personally seen.

The worst decision I ever saw was Roy Jones Jr. losing in the Olympics in Seoul Korea in 1988, which everybody knows was a fucking fixed fight.

People in the ESPN chat were saying it was even worse than that. It's close.

This was pure garbage. Stuff like this is what turns people off to boxing. I have no idea what fight the judges were watching because it clearly wasn't the fight I saw. Manny danced circle around him and from a technical perspective, owned Bradley pretty hard. It was a fix, and it doesn't take an expert to know it.

Yeah these were GAF cards. He definitely did not win every round. Bradley definitely won the 10th. Manny didn't look that interested in that round. And you could argue he won the 1st as well. I think some people gave him the final round and the 8th round. I would disagree, but those two were pretty close.

Why? This wasn't a good fight

It actually wasn't a bad fight when you take the result out of the equation.

BobLoblaw

Banned
I don't understand why people hate on Mayweather.

The guy deserves to be cocky and is 100% clean.
Kinda true, but people don't generally like arrogance or the race card being thrown out there with reckless abandon. He's definitely earned his spot at the top of the boxing food chain nowadays. Bottom line though is that Pacman's been tainted by Arum and we'll never get a Mayweather /Pacman fight as long as Arum's still breathing or Pacman's still under him. Shame really.

Holy shit, I didn't even know about that. Kinda like Qatar winning the World Cup bid. We know there was some shady business, but it doesn't change anything.

Yeah these were GAF cards. He definitely did not win every round. Bradley definitely won the 10th. Manny didn't look that interested in that round. And you could argue he won the 1st as well. I think some people gave him the final round and the 8th round. I would disagree, but those two were pretty close.

Yes but make the case that he won 7 rounds.

I thought Bradley won 2 rounds. 3 at most.

An obvious fix. You'd have thought that if it went to a decision the judges would favour Pacquiao as they tend to do in cases when one fighter is a much bigger draw.

Just madness really. Very sad to see. Pacquiao was the clear winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom