• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pacquiao vs. Bradley |OT| Hope OR Hype? June 9th 9:00 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Tweeted by Bradley 11 days ago. No joke.

AuFgW0YCMAAeMPF.jpg:large
Holy fuck, the corruption is so blatant. You can taste it!

TheNatural

My Member!
So was Manny really planning on leaving Arum? LOL Arum pulled a Suge Knight on his ass. Fitting it happened in Vegas.

That's why I was saying it was Vince McMahon esque. Arum knows whats up, even if Pacquaio doesn't leave, he knows he's only got so many years left or may go into politics or whatever. Arum's gotta try to manufacture that next big star. Except no one gives a fuck about Bradley, even after this fight. If he went on to fight Ward or Dawson or whatever, no one would give a fuck.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I've been hearing mostly hearsay so I don't know everything about the situation, but what was the excuse given for Manny's loss?

That's why I was saying it was Vince McMahon esque. Arum knows whats up, even if Pacquaio doesn't leave, he knows he's only got so many years left or may go into politics or whatever. Arum's gotta try to manufacture that next big star. Except no one gives a fuck about Bradley, even after this fight. If he went on to fight Ward or Dawson or whatever, no one would give a fuck.

Bradley is to Arum what Mark Henry is to Vince. He's convinced he will be a star even though nobody cares about him.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
well pac-man now feels how marquez felt when he got robbed last match.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
what do you mean turn? He's always been a big, boring, dorky sack of shit. And now, he's a dork in a bad wig.
What's with you, Scooter? Remember back to when you were a little kid standing in the snow outside of the arena after the wrestling show, with your little plastic Kane mask on, and with a Kane poster in your hand, waiting for the Big Red Machine to come out and sign it? When he came out, though, all the women rushed him and he couldn't see you, so you got left out in the cold. It's time to let it go, man. It wasn't Kane's fault. The women just can't help themselves.

You know what, I'm not even mad at Bradley. He seems like a good guy and now he's going to make $10-20 million on a rematch with Manny by playing the game.

What's with you, Scooter? Remember back to when you were a little kid standing in the snow outside of the arena after the wrestling show, with your little plastic Kane mask on, and with a Kane poster in your hand, waiting for the Big Red Machine to come out and sign it? When he came out, though, all the women rushed him and he couldn't see you, so you got left out in the cold. It's time to let it go, man. It wasn't Kane's fault. The women just can't help themselves.

Kane is just a poor man's Abyss. And even Abyss sucks.

Riggs

Banned
What's with you, Scooter? Remember back to when you were a little kid standing in the snow outside of the arena after the wrestling show, with your little plastic Kane mask on, and with a Kane poster in your hand, waiting for the Big Red Machine to come out and sign it. When he came out, though, all the women rushed him and he couldn't see you, so you got left out in the cold. It's time to let it go, man. It wasn't Kane's fault. The women just can't help themselves.

Hah this made me laugh.

ibnRTcLe05tzpp.gif

You know what, I'm not even mad at Bradley. He seems like a good guy and now he's going to make $10-20 million on a rematch with Manny by playing the game.

Pac is going to make 52 million for beating up on a cripple. Do you feel bad for any of them?

[itsallinthegameOmar.gif]

TheNatural

My Member!
I turned on the radio to hear some of the national buzz about the fight. Honestly, boxing has been so corrupt and fucked up, it's not even a shocking thing anymore as to a fucking horrible decision, so when people who haven't WATCHED the fight comment on it, it's almost like "o well boxing gonna boxing, its gonna happen."

This was 100000x worse than Marquez getting screwed, because at least then you could make a case with CompuBox and even a few media cards. This? There's no case. It was 11 rounds to 1 Pacquaio and if you wanted to be extremely generous and gift Bradley a couple more to make it "only" 9-3, that was the best you could do for him. In no way, shape, or form was this even a close fight and this makes bad decisions like Rios-Abril earlier this year, or classic bad decisions like Holyfield-Lewis I seem like standard bearers of good decisions.

This decision was so utterly wrong that it has to be one of two options. Two of the judges (well even the third as well) were so utterly retarded and inept at a job they've had for years that they absolutely messed up the scoring worse than 100% of the general media and public that they were absolutely the worst scorers that could ever be hired. Or they were corrupt. I'm betting on the latter and I hope there is some kind of backlash on it, not for Manny, but for boxing but it was fucking sad and nothing will come of anything though.

Thankfully the next fight won't be until November, so maybe by then I can stomach this fucked up sport, but I doubt it. Fuck you Bob Arum and NSAC. Good night.

Instro

Lol, kind of wish I watched this fight now just to see how awful this decision must have been. Awesome fix job.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Kane is just a poor man's Abyss. And even Abyss sucks.
I'm not sure who Abyss is, so I'm just going to have to assume that you made him up. Your irrational Kane hatred is making you delusional, man. Maybe you should try contacting Kane and asking for that autograph you've been seeking all these years. It would help you close this dark chapter.

Baby Milo

I turned on the radio to hear some of the national buzz about the fight. Honestly, boxing has been so corrupt and fucked up, it's not even a shocking thing anymore as to a fucking horrible decision, so when people who haven't WATCHED the fight comment on it, it's almost like "o well boxing gonna boxing, its gonna happen."

This was 100000x worse than Marquez getting screwed, because at least then you could make a case with CompuBox and even a few media cards. This? There's no case. It was 11 rounds to 1 Pacquaio and if you wanted to be extremely generous and gift Bradley a couple more to make it "only" 9-3, that was the best you could do for him. In no way, shape, or form was this even a close fight and this makes bad decisions like Rios-Abril earlier this year, or classic bad decisions like Holyfield-Lewis I seem like standard bearers of good decisions.

This decision was so utterly wrong that it has to be one of two options. Two of the judges (well even the third as well) were so utterly retarded and inept at a job they've had for years that they absolutely messed up the scoring worse than 100% of the general media and public that they were absolutely the worst scorers that could ever be hired. Or they were corrupt. I'm betting on the latter and I hope there is some kind of backlash on it, not for Manny, but for boxing but it was fucking sad.

Thankfully the next fight won't be until November, so maybe by then I can stomach this fucked up sport, but I doubt it. Fuck you Bob Arum and NSAC. Good night.

outraged but thinks Bradley could fight ward or dawson in the future

hmmmm

TheNatural

My Member!
outraged but thinks Bradley could fight ward or dawson in the future

hmmmm

Dude I know they're different weight classes and not going to fight. I'm not fucking stupid, so how about stop being a fucking asshole?

The point is, Ward and Dawson are supposedly the "next" big stars in boxing, but you could pair up Bradley and these guys and no one would give a fuck. That's what's left in boxing when you take away Mayweather and Pacquaio, and that's what was being pimped tonight as the next "big" fight even though HBO has lost their ass on both of these guys before.

Dude I know they're different weight classes and not going to fight. I'm not fucking stupid, so how about stop being a fucking asshole?

The point is, Ward and Dawson are supposedly the "next" big stars in boxing, but you could pair up Bradley and these guys and no one would give a fuck. That's what's left in boxing when you take away Mayweather and Pacquaio, and that's what was being pimped tonight as the next "big" fight even though HBO has lost their ass on both of these guys before.

I disagree. I think people would give a fuck, because a middleweight fighting a light-welter is so ridiculously stupid!

TheNatural

My Member!
I disagree. I think people would give a fuck, because a middleweight fighting a light-welter is so ridiculously stupid!

They're not going to fight, but lets pretend for a second 90% of boxers weren't such pussies that 13 pound weight differences between middle and welterweight weren't obstacles the size of the Grand Canyon. If in this hypothetical land where boxers had a pair instead of protecting their image, and somehow some way Bradley and the winner or Ward-Dawson could negotiate that massive insane 13 pound difference than no man on earth dare challenge then ...

No one would still give a fuck. Thanks.

Have you all been to a house full of Filipinos who have been drinking Jose Cuervo and Vodka before a fight? My place was a mad house before, during and after the fight. We were completely stunned by the judges' decision and everyone was swearing up a storm. Everyone was ready to go home happy as usual, but nope. Manny got screwed.

Riggs

Banned
Thank you. It would be so much funnier, but sadly, the story I told is true.

That's fucked up man, sometimes we need harsh times to build character though. Or something ...

Have you all been to a house full of Filipinos who have been drinking Jose Cuervo and Vodka before a fight? My place was a mad house before, during and after the fight. We were completely stunned by the judges' decision and everyone was swearing up a storm. Everyone was ready to go home happy as usual, but nope. Manny got screwed.

Damn I would love to be there with you guys, I was cussing all alone haha.

They're not going to fight, but lets pretend for a second 90% of boxers weren't such pussies that 13 pound weight differences between middle and welterweight weren't obstacles the size of the Grand Canyon. If in this hypothetical land where boxers had a pair instead of protecting their image, and somehow some way Bradley and the winner or Ward-Dawson could negotiate that massive insane 13 pound difference than no man on earth dare challenge then ...

Well Ward is actually a super-middleweight and Bradley is naturally a light-welterweight. But I don't think you understand how much of a difference weight makes.

Esch

Banned

this sport has had contests with more disparities in size and weight than MMA will ever have

we already ate good long ago, now are the flabby and sick days

TheNatural

My Member!
Well Ward is actually a super-middleweight and Bradley is naturally a light-welterweight. But I don't think you understand how much of a difference this makes.

Well Dawson has fought at middleweight, maybe Ward hasn't, and Bradley has fought at Welterweight, so that's 13 pounds difference.

This wasn't a literal situation, it was a hypothetical if the who's left of boxing could fight, no one would give a fuck.

I fucking know they're not in the same division, the point is who are the stars left in boxing, and Arum fixing shit for Bradley and even if they fought whoever the other guy left trying to be made the next "star" wouldn't amount to shit. Be it Ward, Dawson, Bradley, Martinez, Ortiz, or whoever. It's obvious who are being pushed as the next stars and it's Bradley and whoever wins the Ward-Dawson fight.

Well Dawson has fought at middleweight, maybe Ward hasn't, and Bradley has fought at Welterweight, so that's 13 pounds difference.

This wasn't a literal situation, it was a hypothetical if the who's left of boxing could fight, no one would give a fuck.

I fucking know they're not in the same division, the point is who are the stars left in boxing, and Arum fixing shit for Bradley and even if they fought whoever the other guy left trying to be made the next "star" wouldn't amount to shit. Be it Ward, Dawson, Bradley, Martinez, Ortiz, or whoever. It's obvious who are being pushed as the next stars and it's Bradley and whoever wins the Ward-Dawson fight.

When did Dawson fight at middleweight?

TheNatural

My Member!
When did Dawson fight at middleweight?

He started his career at middleweight, but I guess since he "moved up" it doesn't count. The guy also looks like he cycles horse roids, but I guess that's irrelevant. Maybe he should move down at middleweight and then maybe for once in his life he could KO someone and hit like he looks.

Baby Milo

He started his career at middleweight, but I guess since he "moved up" it doesn't count. The guy also looks like he cycles horse roids, but I guess that's irrelevant. Maybe he should move down at middleweight and then maybe for once in his life he could KO someone and hit like he looks.

you literally pull your responses out of thin air. like who are you arguing with? where on earth does the roids and his ko percentage come from?

TheNatural

My Member!
you literally pull your responses out of thin air. like who are you arguing with?

I don't know who I'm arguing with, since it's mostly you trying to troll me with responses because I don't like your female beating hero and you hold a grudge for that. Don't worry, I'm not going back to Boxing threads anytime soon to beat up on you about Floyd, like he does to women.

Just a final FYI about this lame ass weight class shit that's being brought up about hypothetical fights that will never happen: Dan Henderson started his career at welterweight and last year fought at heavyweight, which is a 35 pound jump. Roy Jones started at Welterweight and eventually won a Heavyweight title, a 40 pound jump.

So even though I was just pointing out who's being pimped as the next stars of this fine and fair sport, even the shit you try to troll me with isn't even out of the question before for fighters with a pair.

The floor is yours, have fun in ArumLand. The only troll worse than NintendoLand. Hasta Luego.

Baby Milo

I don't know who I'm arguing with, since it's mostly you trying to troll me with responses because I don't like your female beating hero and you hold a grudge for that. Don't worry, I'm not going back to Boxing threads anytime soon to beat up on you about Floyd, like he does to women.

Again who are you responding to? No one in here has brought any of this up besides you. Im not even gonna waste my time addressing the rest of that. LOL at this victim complex crying when people call you out on your bs though.

I wonder what the fall out will be from this. Maybe Manny will refuse to fight in Vegas again, while Mayweather insists they fight in Vegas....I'm thinking Pac-man vs. Mayweather will never happen now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom