• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paris Terrorist Attacks, 120+ dead. Do not post hearsay/unsourced/old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody is probably stuck there for hours and will be let out in smaller groups. One suicide bomb between such a large group or someone with a gun will mean dozens dead. Best thing to keep them inside right now.

No, this sounds like something way more pre planned.

crazy footage of people on the grass in the stadium right now on TV

Guy.brush

These people are irrational. There is no reasoning with them. They are probably religious extremists.

Yup. The world lives in different ages. and those living in the dark ages try to drag everyone else back down again. We need to really leave non rational thought and fear of a lack of after life behind. Otherwise the only life each one of us has is literally going to be hell.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
What now? the spectators of the match are brought back inside and are crowding inside the stadium?

Really the safest thing to do, assuming Public transit is down. Secure the Stadium and don't let tens of thousands of people panic and flee into the streets.

Ochibi

I was supposed to go to school tomorrow but because of this event, it has been cancelled. My school is about 15mins from 10th district ...

Grizzo

Family and friends keep sending me texts, I'm watching the news right now, it makes me even more anxious but I just can't look away :(

What is this world coming to :(

This is my biggest fear regarding terrorism. No big schemes, just a group of people shooting at will in a crowded public place.

You got a big soccer match, a concert, it's a Friday. Plenty of pedestrian traffic.

This sounds well-planned to me.

I wonder if there's any significance for 11/13/15 as a date or maybe a retaliation for the big US attack on ISIS yesterday?

-Assuming this is another Muslim Extremist terrorist attack that is...

Gandie

I highly doubt that's from the terrorists. Notice how the crowd cheers afterwards? It's normal for that sort of stuff to happen in European crowds after letting off explosions or flares.

There's no flares or explosives at international friendlies. It's mostly families.

pulsemyne

I highly doubt that's from the terrorists. Notice how the crowd cheers afterwards? It's normal for that sort of stuff to happen in European crowds after letting off explosions or flares.

No it was the explosion outside the stadium. They don;t tend to let off big arse fireworks in the stade de france.

Damaniel

Banned
Holy shit, any chance this is a retaliation for Jihadi John? The timing is really suspect.

Retaliation in a country outside of the middle east would probably take more than a day to organize, especially on this scale.

Also, Periscope (at least the app) appears to be completely dead. The stream that was covering it had over 30k viewers before it died - a lot by Periscope standards. All I know is that I would have been freaking out too much to stream it, to be honest.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Well A) there's absolutely nothing to link it to ISIS at this stage and B) it's way too well co-ordinated to be a spontaneous response to Jihadi John.

I don't know. They could have had crude explosives ready to go. I wouldn't rule it out so quickly.

Linius

You got a big soccer match, a concert, it's a Friday. Plenty of pedestrian traffic.

This sounds well-planned to me.

I wonder if there's any significance for 11/13/15 as a date or maybe a retaliation for the big US attack on ISIS yesterday?

-Assuming this is another Muslim Extremist terrorist attack that is...

From the reports this sounds too well planned to be an overnight reaction.

stadium69x6k.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom