• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

Rufus

How does this look guys?

If i EVER make it to 100 (which i doubt) i can always move towards body and souls and phalanx in the templar area.
Why Iron Reflexes? You waste a lot of points going there but only pick up a couple of evasion nodes. You'll be freeing up a LOT of points if you go pure armour. Since you took Resolute Technique I'm assumeing you'll be using Two-Handers, for the highest base damage? And why go out of the way for the Charisma node when Mortal Conviction behind Blood Magic saves you much more?

My adjustments (using only 86 as opposed to 96 points):
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-...QbKmUFE0lvL6KtfI1kv6PTeOmVzGerFmI8edjOuHyRf4K

If you do want that buff to your Aura(s) desperately, pick up Inner Force instead for an additional 9 Points:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-...I8edjOuHyRf4KxPZ3YilP5CIabJ2upwi4kwx9EH_Gng==

Use this to see a summary and to make the comparison easier:
http://pathofpoe.com/builds/passive-calculator/

So I'm going dual wielding ranger... should I be snagging iron reflexes?
Evasion is pretty good early on. If you play HC, yes, because armour is more reliable. If SC, then you might as well use it to see the difference later on. Don't neglect life, because you need to take the hits that you don't evade.

--

Neat general guide from the PoE forums:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/549432

Yeah, I've noticed I'm getting a lot more scrolls now. So I guess the whites are not worth it then.

Some whites are worth it.

If you see a 3linked white linked with red green and blue, it will give you a Chromatic, which is very useful for crafting.

Also, I collect the "Superior" weapons and armors. If you can collect enough to sum up 40% quality of either weapon or armor, you will get an armor scrap or whetstone, which great.

You can also look for a great base white item and craft it into super awesome stuff with currency. I like to do it with good rings and amulets.

zon

Is this build any good? I can't play PoE on my own yet so I've been watching kripp's stream at work, the build is inspired by his ranger. I'll use double strike and spectral throw like he does.

2h Sword DS/ST Ranger

I've also made this version which I think might be a better choice for HC, or is it worse than the first?
More defensive version

Uthred

That is my approach. There are a bunch of things to watch out for, but the most important synergies are fairly obvious if you take the descriptions literally. When something says "attack speed" it really only refers to "attacks", as opposed to "spells" (which is part of the skill descriptions) and so on.

Here's a compilation of a lot of links to useful information:
http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1p1oou/can_we_please_put_together_a_list_of_the_latest/

If you don't want to read/skim that stuff, I would suggest to look go with a play-style you like (melee, ranged, caster, summoner, or whatever combinations thereof), pick appropriate skills that look fun and then just go look at the passive tree for a bit, especially around the starting areas. A Witch is typically going to be the most efficient/easiest summoner build, Rangers are usually the "best" archers, etc.

Not everything in this game is intuitive, but if you take the time to look closely at all the information it provides you can figure out a lot of things for yourself. The rest you'll learn as you play, but I'm sure the more experienced players here will help you out. even global chat can be helpful.

Cheers, thats great, I've no problem reading stuff, just was having problems trying to find it all in once place ;)

KKRT00

GAF is growing fast. We're out of slots again, so i'm sorry i cant invite more :)

---------------------------
Peaked at 31,329 on Steam. Nice!

Thats pretty awesome number. Add at least 3-5k that plays on standard client and it seems like very healthy game.

======

Is this build any good? I can't play PoE on my own yet so I've been watching kripp's stream at work, the build is inspired by his ranger. I'll use double strike and spectral throw like he does.

2h Sword DS/ST Ranger

I've also made this version which I think might be a better choice for HC, or is it worse than the first?
More defensive version
Generally this build is good, but its quite aggressive. Require also quite many movement, which is good thing and Spectral Throw is awesome skill.

I'm making also Spectral Throw build, but based on Scion and probably move to fire based nods too.

I'm surprised that Kripp [if the first one is his build] didnt pick up +30% cold damage from weapons node.

zon

GAF is growing fast. We're out of slots again, so i'm sorry i cant invite more :)

---------------------------

Thats pretty awesome number. Add at least 3-5k that plays on standard client and it seems like very healthy game.

======

Generally this build is good, but its quite aggressive. Require also quite many movement, which is good thing and Spectral Throw is awesome skill.

I'm making also Spectral Throw build, but based on Scion and probably move to fire based nods too.

I'm surprised that Kripp [if the first one is his build] didnt pick up +30% cold damage from weapons node.

Both are my own builds. I'm trying to keep it close to what Kripp did (because it seems to work well for this type of character). Do you mean the +30% fire damage from weapons node (Lava Lash)? I didn't know how good it'd be, but it's a good pick then?

edit: nvm I found the +30% cold dmg node. That would be good with hatred, yeah. I didn't know it existed until now. Will take it into consideration!

Perkel

Banned
NeoGAF
GUILD NEWS TIME

• We added few more stashes
    We have a tag now !
    There are only 5 slots left (unless someone will donate 100 points to get new 10 slots)
    Order of stashes is for now mess because there is bug. We can't sort stashes in order for now. We need to wait for POE patch
    Currently there are 35 member out of 40. 35/40
    New Officer !

if you send me PM with name and you want me to add you, you need to accept invite in 24h or i will remove invitation and release slot for someone else.

Zeth

Can points be transferred? I tried adding slots earlier, but it seems they're only available for the leader. Is there any easy way to tell which league members are in? I'm not seeing the normal league flags in the guild tab, only friends.

Also, any good videos of the new content (act 3.5) that I can review so I don't die there on my first time? I'm guessing the boss is the main thing.

Perkel

Banned
Can points be transferred? I tried adding slots earlier, but it seems they're only available for the leader. Is there any easy way to tell which league members are in? I'm not seeing the normal league flags in the guild tab, only friends.

Also, any good videos of the new content (act 3.5) that I can review so I don't die there on my first time. I'm guessing the boss is the main thing.
Transfered ? You mean from guild to your account ?
There is not option like that in leader panel.
If you mean donation to guild then yes. ingame -->shop>guild>donate in left top corner
Only leader can buy things marked as leader only (currently both stash tabs and slots)

Currently there is no information on guild panel who is in which league (probably they will fix it in later patch)

To see that you need to add people to your private friends list

Zeth

Yes - that's what I meant. I'll donate today :)

Should have more slots in a few hours - so come join us! I can be PMed for invites as well. Not sure if my officer-ship was unintentional Skyo - lol. But I can be added to the list of inviters if you want.

Perkel

Banned

Should have more slots in a few hours - so come join us! I can be PMed for invites as well. Not sure if my officer-ship was unintentional Skyo - lol. But I can be added to the list of inviters if you want.

It was intended.

huh .. i didn't add you to my list i will update it

edit: updated

You should people thank our glorious Officer which gave us shit ton of points so we will have additional 20 member slots !

Currenly there are 23 slots left !

So I re rolled. Turns out I was focusing too much on weapon nodes. I am trying to make a tanky 2 handed axe duelist and I'm currently sitting on 20 skill points. Should my focus be on health nodes?

spirity

So I re rolled. Turns out I was focusing too much on weapon nodes. I am trying to make a tanky 2 handed axe duelist and I'm currently sitting on 20 skill points. Should my focus be on health nodes?

They'll make things a lot easier but you'll also need resists. And bear something in mind - there's a penalty to resists in cruel (-20%) and merciless (-60%)

MechaGodzilla

Neo Member
Man... So I just recently got back into PC gaming and I knew nothing about this game. My brother told me to give it a try and didn't tell me much else except that it was fun. I cannot believe how good this game is. I'm only level 8 but I'm having the most fun I've had in a long time.

I do have one question though; what's the deal? How is this f2p? This game seems to good to be called that. Anyway thought I would share my excitement.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Game keeps disconnecting me from the servers while I'm in a party.

Welp, I'll wait a bit then. :/

RS4-

I should've read up on recipes/crafting before I started playing. Can't imagine how much currency I ignored by not picking up linked RGB white items, and crafting unid'd rings/amulets lol.

spirity

Hm... So you basically ignore weapon nodes in favor of heslth/armor, resist?

Depends on the league and the role you want to play. If you want to play a tank-in-teh-face mad bastard on hardcore, you're really going to need those hp nodes. Less so if you're playing softcore.

I wouldn't ignore weapon nodes altogether, I'd just put a higher importance on hp nodes if you want a tanky build.

And a quick note on chaos resist - the further into the game you get, the more punishing mobs will be that do chaos damage. Chaos resist is rare, both on items and in the skill tree. It can be ignored for now, but you'll need it eventually.

spirity

I should've read up on recipes/crafting before I started playing. Can't imagine how much currency I ignored by not picking up linked RGB white items, and crafting unid'd rings/amulets lol.

Keep a lookout on r-g-b linked sockets on vendors too. And go back to previous difficulties and hit up the vendors there too. Thats where I get most of mine.

Depends on the league and the role you want to play. If you want to play a tank-in-teh-face mad bastard on hardcore, you're really going to need those hp nodes. Less so if you're playing softcore.

I wouldn't ignore weapon nodes altogether, I'd just put a higher importance on hp nodes if you want a tanky build.
Ah ok. First run around I just went through every single weapon node I could use and that wqs basically all there was room for.

RS4-

Keep a lookout on r-g-b linked sockets on vendors too. And go back to previous difficulties and hit up the vendors there too. Thats where I get most of mine.

Yeah did that for a bit this morning. Going to look through the items I picked up and see which ones I'll sell and which I'll use as a base for items.

Because I really need to up my DPS and such lol.

Kammie

How does the difficulty system in this game work? When my character beats the game and unlocks the next mode, do I start over from level 1? What happens to my friends who were in normal mode, can I still play with them?

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
is it ok to put anything in guild stash that could be useful ? what about if there is something you need thats in there ?

RS4-

How does the difficulty system in this game work? When my character beats the game and unlocks the next mode, do I start over from level 1? What happens to my friends who were in normal mode, can I still play with them?

You keep all your items, level, etc. You just start the story all over again.

You can still play with your friends, but they can't join you if you're in the difficulty they haven't unlocked. At least I'm fairly sure that's how it works

Perkel

Banned
is it ok to put anything in guild stash that could be useful ? what about if there is something you need thats in there ?

Guild stash is simply stash to put items for your guildmembers to use.

If you have for example your old weapon that you consider good. Intead of selling it put it in stash. That way people who will have problems with def in their game can use this weapon.

Same with gems. If you have additional gems or gems you know won't use just put it in g stash so somebody may use that.

Just don't assume that something you will put in stash will be there next day.

And a quick note on chaos resist - the further into the game you get, the more punishing mobs will be that do chaos damage. Chaos resist is rare, both on items and in the skill tree. It can be ignored for now, but you'll need it eventually.

Life regen nodes useful or should I focus on ones that add overall life?

spirity

You keep your level and enter act 1 again, but this time it will be in cruel difficulty, and mobs and itemisation will be leveled up. You'll still be able to go back to join your friends by selecting normal and the relevant act at a waypoint.

Kammie

You keep all your items, level, etc. You just start the story all over again.

You can still play with your friends, but they can't join you if you're in the difficulty they haven't unlocked. At least I'm fairly sure that's how it works
So in that case, what level are the monsters in the first areas? Should I be striving to beat the game at a certain level to not be stomped on/cruising through the higher difficulty?

Also, I guess this means deciding on a proper tree build right now is of the utmost importance, right? If I screw it up now I'm basically ruining my character in the long haul?

Is the Guildsystem Account or Character based?
In other words: If I play multiple Chars, do all of them have to be invited or is the whole Account added?

zon

So in that case, what level are the monsters in the first areas? Should I be striving to beat the game at a certain level to not be stomped on/cruising through the higher difficulty?

Also, I guess this means deciding on a proper tree build right now is of the utmost importance, right? If I screw it up now I'm basically ruining my character in the long haul?

The general tactic is that you farm areas for xp and loot/currency after you've reached a higher difficulty. That way you reduce the risk of dying.

Deciding on a build before starting is required if you want to be able to reach a high level.

Gothos

When you open the map in the top right corner (AFAIR) there is number showing moster level of a given area.

Planning a character is a big part of PoE but if it's your first time playing the game it can be quite hard to plan far ahead. I would suggest on deciding upon a class, style of play (ranged, melee, caster, tank?) and then taking a look on the tree and making some build around 40-50 points which you think would be sensible. You can then show it to us and get some constructive feedback OR you can go on and play it on your own :) Second option is much more fun IMHO :)

spirity

portal_zps2a52bcef.jpg

Top Bottom