• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Than what build do you suggest? I been sitting here trying to figure out what to spend my points on (lvl 59 ranger). I was BM when I last played...like many months ago and I have learned over the last week is:

Acrobatics is worth it now (possible phase shift is)
If you take Blood Magic you shouldn't have auras (true?)

Depends on that kind of ranger you want to be.

Every char can be a ranger tho.

Now i'm doing a Spectral Throw 2hand and started on the ranger, a few nodes are better connected.

You can if you get the next node to Blood Magic.

Also you will need a lot of life on hit, life leech.

I had on beta a Ranger with Rain of arrow build, and got blood magic, but the aura node didn't exists.

Sarcasm

I just don't want to be gimped lol.

I want to shoot and farm and kill ^.^

But I like bows and want to use bows..but I hate mana -.-

Sblargh

Banned
There I go installing again. :p

This time I'll try to level a character in normal mode or whatever just to have some kind of endgame fun and only then to the desperation of my hardcore characters getting killed when I was super proud of them. :p

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member

Then go blood magic :) Is worth, but you need to have a lot of life stealing.

So other than throwing it in the guild chest, anything I can do with a unique of a type I don't like?

Sell it in trade market?

desverger

I'm playing a pure evasion dualwield ranger. I have Acrobatics, Phase Acrobatics and Ondar's Guile, and I feel very "tanky", if such can be said of an evasion build.

So far I've only taken 1h damage+ nodes and haven't committed to any single weapon type, so the build is very flexible.

Does anyone have recommendations where to go from here? More in the vein of major nodes and build direction, since I'm not too sure if I want to be dualwield or 1h just yet.

JoeMartin

Than what build do you suggest? I been sitting here trying to figure out what to spend my points on (lvl 59 ranger). I was BM when I last played...like many months ago and I have learned over the last week is:

Acrobatics is worth it now (possible phase shift is)
If you take Blood Magic you shouldn't have auras (true?)

You'll still see an asswhack of BM around, just in the form of the support gem. It's true that the keystone is relatively useless now unless you plan on running with no auras, as they'll reserve life vice mana (and even with the following passive you're still reserving over 40% of your total HP pool per aura, which is laughably unacceptable even for one aura). So yeah, BM still around, just not the way you're used to.

zon

If you're so uncertain go have a look at the official poe forum. It has a subforum for every class so you can have a look in the ranger section for bow rangers. Marauders and Duelists also have bow builds iirc.

duppolo

Im Duppolo, could you add me in the guild?
also im really noob: it is possible to respect? and can you give some advice for a dual wielding duelist build?

Rufus

I found this:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/520270

I may just do it..what the hell...I noticed he took the aura passive after BM. I thought auras were a no-no with BM?
It's new. Auras that reserve a percentage of your mana used to reserve 30% before, but even then people would avoid running them on their life. They put the new node there because percentage auras now reserve 60% but obviously it's still a bad idea unless you have a LOT of life or run a low life build using Shavronne's Wrappings*. The only auras that I would run on life are those that take a set amount of mana, like Anger. If you have a life-based character, you can usually spare that amount without issue.

*Usually chaos damage bypasses energy shield, so not having enough life would kill characters that have a lot of ES but not a lot of life. With Shavronne's Wrappings, it doesn't bypass ES, which allows you to stack ES while also running auras on your life to get into a low life state (aka near death). There is a keystone passive, Pain Attunement, which buffs spell damage by 30% when in this state.

ys45

Is it me or I am not seeing any Shadow using dual Dagger with evasion ?
All i see it dual claw or shield and Claw with life leech ?

I am currently trying dual dagger (crit) with mana leech, aura of grace 40% dodge and 30% spell dmg dodge

I am using Dual Strike and Reave, currently lvl 38 at 1050 DPS with dual strike and 450 DPS with reave .

How good will this be once i reach merciless ? Currently in Cruel act 1 .

zon

I found this:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/520270

I may just do it..what the hell...I noticed he took the aura passive after BM. I thought auras were a no-no with BM?

Auras are a bad idea if you go BM, but that guy decided to use a dmg aura to increase dps for the cost of life. It also requires a Lioneyes Glare which is a top tier bow. They're very expensive to buy.

I'd actually recommend this build instead if you're new to poe. It seems to be powerful and not require expensive items to be able to work. You'd have to start from scratch but it is ranged: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/554922

Sarcasm

Auras are a bad idea if you go BM, but that guy decided to use a dmg aura to increase dps for the cost of life. It also requires a Lioneyes Glare which is a top tier bow. They're very expensive to buy.

I'd actually recommend this build instead if you're new to poe. It seems to be powerful and not require expensive items to be able to work. You'd have to start from scratch but it is ranged: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/554922

So ditch my lvl 59 ranger for a mara? I am just checking.

Rufus

So your saying..shut up..nut up and spec it? =)
SC, why not. HC, nah. Don't run percentage auras on your life in HC unless you're going for a Shavronne's Wrapping Pain Attunemen Low Life build.

What does your passive tree look like right now? You can probably switch to a different skill without losing much progress or having to respec extensively.

garath

My 2h spectral throw Scion seems ridiculously powerful at this early stage of the game. In the beta I had a couple shadows (one crit dagger and one EK) and a lighting arrow ranger which were pretty good but nothing has rivaled this Scion so far. I just blew through act I with no deaths (like managed to get close once?) in maybe an hour. Last time I played was months ago so this feels damn fast to me.

Obviously we'll see once I get into the harder difficulties but man. So strong early. I actually started off spectral throw with a claw and shield which was awesome. I was untouchable. Life on hit with 4 or 5 spectral throws in the air meant I was never even touching my health pots. But I like the insane damage of the 2h. Bosses are cake. Throw a bear trap, 4-5 throws, bear trap, 4-5 throws,etc. They die in seconds.

Fun stuff. I do enjoy this game.

zon

So ditch my lvl 59 ranger for a mara? I am just checking.

Yup. You'll get a solid character that won't require any expensive gear so in the long run I think you'll benefit from it. It will also let you learn the game as you play and not have to worry if your character will work at higher levels.

Sarcasm

A Rain of Arrows ranger doesn't require expensive gear either.

Haha, OK. Then what skill(s) were you using before?

Months ago it was:

Blood Magic
Iron Grip
Iron Reflexes

Can't really remember too much besides that they did indeed move stuff around in the tree.

Skill gems?

What I was and still have in my sockets are:

LA w/ LMP, Weapon Ele and Faster Attacks
Frenzy

I do have RoA in my stash.

Raxious

Switched from my ranger to this marauder build to try it out. Works pretty decent so far ( lvl 9 ). However, it has given me some nice items :D

EdoRh3f.png

The shield dropped first after killing the Dweller in the Deep. The ring came out of the Large Chest. So they pretty much dropped within minutes of each other.

Also, it seems we need more guild stashes for the leveling gear. Both are pretty much full ( tried to re-position the stuff to open up some space ).

ys45

Trying out a mace spectral throw Scion that will be fire dmg based

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-...26DIJOlIyfg48FHEPzEGqpmT468mY9zJyqayqfNlZ8w==

Build so far. I don't really have much planned other than going for avatar of fire/lava lash and probably getting some more mace nodes and knockback.

I started a scion similar to this (except I'm gonna use sword and shield) i also plan on getting avatar of fire and lash .
Will probably get Iron Reflex also , i want to create a tank so lot of life nodes and armor/life/resist.

zon

duppolo

thanks. other ideas? i dont know if i want a lot of armor or evasion.
Also the 2 1 hand weapown improvement works with dual wielding?

Miletius

Well I'm back in, at least for a bit. Made a Scion in the Domination league so it's a bit like starting over for now. Planning her out to be kind of a trapper, dual curses plus traps sounds nice. Stay at range, blow things up. Eventually want to get avatar of fire and get more damage but that's really late in the game.

Edit: How to I get added to the guild? Char name or account name?

Zeth

Well I'm back in, at least for a bit. Made a Scion in the Domination league so it's a bit like starting over for now. Planning her out to be kind of a trapper, dual curses plus traps sounds nice. Stay at range, blow things up. Eventually want to get avatar of fire and get more damage but that's really late in the game.

Edit: How to I get added to the guild? Char name or account name?

Character name

RS4-

Ugh, killed the warden in the party, unique drops which I think was meant for one of the two dudes that died during the fight. Remaining guy grabs it as I'm doing so lol

:(

Top Bottom