• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

argh, I accidentally left the Guild instead of the current Party I killed Piety with.
Why do these Screens have to look alike :/

Can someone reinvite me? Charname: MONORAILBOW
thanks

Ugh, I just noticed that they changed iron reflexes to where you don't get evasion bonuses from dexterity. I had been using it for all my duelist melee characters and coupling it with unwavering stance (can't get stunned, can't evade enemies). Now it seems a lot more pointless to do so. Why does GGG hate melee?

zon

Ugh, I just noticed that they changed iron reflexes to where you don't get evasion bonuses from dexterity. I had been using it for all my duelist melee characters and coupling it with unwavering stance (can't get stunned, can't evade enemies). Now it seems a lot more pointless to do so. Why does GGG hate melee?

It's been like that at least since open beta started.

Hey guys. Have any talent tree tips for a new-ish Duelist?

Here's my build so far. I'm level 24.

I was thinking about something like this...

Dual wielding and swords, yeah?

Not bad, like I was just saying, unwavering stance/iron reflexes are what I usually add to something like that. That way you'll never get stunned, the no evasion negative won't matter because all evasion is turned to armor. I'd just make sure to pick up some evasion nodes and get as much life as possible if you do that. I'll show you what my prospective build looks like: duelist

I'm currently level 50is on Nemesis and I need to re-evaluate my build. If it doesn't pick up or show any progress by the time I get to 63, I am dropping it.

Not bad, like I was just saying, unwavering stance/iron reflexes are what I usually add to something like that. That way you'll never get stunned, the no evasion negative won't matter because all evasion is turned to armor. I'd just make sure to pick up some evasion nodes and get as much life as possible if you do that. I'll show you what my prospective build looks like: duelist

Ah! I'll fiddle around with the tree some more to add those. Thanks!

PS: This skill tree is so fun to fiddle around with

reeeeep, just died to bleeding stacks. I guess i met a mob that gave it to allies because I had a ton of bleed.

Think I'm done for a while.

you died to the new death mechanic called "corrupted blood" It stacks the more times you hit the enemy, and if you dont have a "remove bleed" flask, then you are in a world of hurt. You should basically log out immediately, or port back to town.

The worst I've seen are puncture AND corrupted blood enemies. Oo

If I rip with this character in nemesis, I might just switch back to standard hc and play from that perspective.

Zeth

you died to the new death mechanic called "corrupted blood" It stacks the more times you hit the enemy, and if you dont have a "remove bleed" flask, then you are in a world of hurt. You should basically log out immediately, or port back to town.

The worst I've seen are puncture AND corrupted blood enemies. Oo

If I rip with this character in nemesis, I might just switch back to standard hc and play from that perspective.

Damn you catcha - just ripped reading your post

alt-tabbed to check the thread lol. Thought I was in town but I was on the wrong side of the forest entrance. 46 - nemesis

Damn you catcha - just ripped reading your post

alt-tabbed to check the thread lol. Thought I was in town but I was on the wrong side of the forest entrance. 46 - nemesis

Damn, that has got to be a terrible way to die! But, it happens. My personal favorite is when you are playing in a group and one of your mates rip. So, you start to type RIP and in the process rip yourself.

Good times.

Ferrio

Banned
Think I'll respect outta iron reflexes, just to see what it's like. Hate that I'm a dex character so my 60% to evasion is going no where.

That feel when you use the same bow for all of act 1 and most of act 2.... then finally bows start droppin everywhere!!

That feel of spending way too many precious resources getting 4 slot gear only to have it drop in abundance in cruel...

=(

This game has me by the balls. I'm addicted.

Clydefrog

That feel of spending way too many precious resources getting 4 slot gear only to have it drop in abundance in cruel...

=(

This game has me by the balls. I'm addicted.

Yep, I'm addicted too. I'm on Day 4 since downloading it. I was playing last night and then looked at the clock and it was 3:15 AM.

Skab

I wonder where they will take the story from here? The way the Dominus fight ends/what Dialla says to you seems like we're done with Wraeclast.

zon

I wonder where they will take the story from here? The way the Dominus fight ends/what Dialla says to you seems like we're done with Wraeclast.

I think it's been said that GGG plans to release 6 or 7 more acts (one act per year). It's nigh impossible to guess where they'll take the story.

zon

Really? Wow, well I guess I never noticed. I guess it still has it's perks then, because it was working for me.

That's because the evasion rating is turned into armor. So your evasion is set to zero but you're not losing any stats, they're just moved to a different place (armor).

Ferrio

Banned
That's because the evasion rating is turned into armor. So your evasion is set to zero but you're not losing any stats, they're just moved to a different place (armor).

The way I read it NONE of the dex is going to armor which is indeed lost stats.

edit: looking it up that seems to be the case.

Skab

I think it's been said that GGG plans to release 6 or 7 more acts (one act per year). It's nigh impossible to guess where they'll take the story.

Oh, yeah, I know that much. 10 acts total was the number they tossed out at one point.

I'm mainly just talking about Act 4 here, since we know they're already working on it.

spirity

Played about 8 hours and finished Act I. I'm definitely feeling this. My personal motivation curve still remains on a positive slope unlike Marvel Heroes which plateaued for me after about 5 hours. I've been plowing through hordes of enemies on my Shadow without much concern, because of my evasion rating. Well, until I encountered exploding mobs that is. Let me tell you something about exploding mobs ... exploding mobs don't give a fuck about your evasion rating. Adapted my playstyle and all was good again.

I wanna spend $20 to show my support for the developers, but looking at the store I have no idea what to spend it on.

Stash tabs, but not just any old stash tabs. Gotta get the premium.

inv_zps1754f010.jpg

Friend to the OCD sufferer.

Rufus

The way I read it NONE of the dex is going to armor which is indeed lost stats.

edit: looking it up that seems to be the case.
The evasion bonus from DEX used to be converted as well until a major update changed. It is still a good keystone passive. Most people run Grace with it, which is the evasion aura. It adds a lot of flat evasion as opposed to a percentage, like Determination, the armour aura. Usually it's much easier to get a lot of armour this way than it is to just stack armour.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Hey guys. Have any talent tree tips for a new-ish Duelist?

Here's my build so far. I'm level 24.

I was thinking about something like this...

Dual wielding and swords, yeah?

Some quick thoughts:

-way too much dps and way too little defense.
-avoid armor, get hp. It's generally better across all damage types also there's no cap.
-don't get mana on kill or really any mana stuff. Unless you are going ape shit with every skill you can jam in. a little mana leech on some gloves or something should be sufficient.
-iron reflexes is generally one of the best aspects of the duelist section. Get leather and steel first.
-consider moving up towards the scion section for a lot of quality defense nodes conveniently close by. .
-iron grip isn't terribly useful for most people that aren't maurader archers.

epmode

Is there any reason my level 2 character would have been moved from Nemesis to Domination after I logged out for a day or two? I logged out in the first safe area after taking out that silly first miniboss and no one killed me.

KKRT00

Is there any reason my level 2 character would have been moved from Nemesis to Domination after I logged out for a day or two? I logged out in the first safe area after taking out that silly first miniboss and no one killed me.

There should be not possible to move from Nemesis to Dominion. Normally when You die in Nemesis You are send to Standard league.

Write to support maybe?

Rubius

Man what a crappy last few days. First my HC char dies and then some random lightning storm busted my ram! Life's not fair :<

Damn, you didnt have a power surge bar? Should get one to protect you from that kind of stuff. Never got that happen to me. That suck.

epmode

That Kripp guy kind of annoys me and I can't explain why. POWER GAMING

There should be not possible to move from Nemesis to Dominion. Normally when You die in Nemesis You are send to Standard league.

Write to support maybe?

I suppose it's possible that I accidentally chose Domination but my other characters are still in Nemesis... I just recreated the character. If it happens when I'm over level 2 or whatever, I'll write.

Ploid 3.0

Saw someone selling this. If I got it to drop I'd probably bust a nut lol 534 DPS Jesus !!!

Untitled.png

Isn't it 300 dps if main or offhand? Having it in the main or offhand picks which element the weapon has, ice or fire. Maybe it just gives your main\offhand weapon the element + damage, while depending on which hand this weapon is in it gives the "If in ___ hand" effects. Hmm.

Some quick thoughts:

-way too much dps and way too little defense.
-avoid armor, get hp. It's generally better across all damage types also there's no cap.
-don't get mana on kill or really any mana stuff. Unless you are going ape shit with every skill you can jam in. a little mana leech on some gloves or something should be sufficient.
-iron reflexes is generally one of the best aspects of the duelist section. Get leather and steel first.
-consider moving up towards the scion section for a lot of quality defense nodes conveniently close by. .
-iron grip isn't terribly useful for most people that aren't maurader archers.

Solid advice. Thanks!

KKRT00

Isn't it 300 dps if main or offhand? Having it in the main or offhand picks which element the weapon has, ice or fire. Maybe it just gives your main\offhand weapon the element + damage, while depending on which hand this weapon is in it gives the "If in ___ hand" effects. Hmm.

Those are basically items for dual strike and weapon elemental support gem.

Tom Penny

Oh didn't see that...clever little bastards. I guess if you had two of them :(

Thank you for the Guild invite KKRT00.

Got so much desync and random disconnection that I just decided to close the game for today, ironically I was saying in the guild chat that the situation seemed to have improved from when I played the open beta only to be disconnected.

Ploid 3.0

I think I might be darn lucky. This armor was sitting in my limited stash for the longest. I had a exalt to trade to mess around with the sockets. Put some jewelers into it, nearly six socket on the first to third try (forgot), then I put a good amount of fusings into it (under 35). Much better than my last 5 link (level 28 armor with 63 health, 13 strength, 6 cold resist, and 280 armor).

iOf1hKM.png

How much is an Eternal Orb worth? I've never seen this orb before

2.5 exalt on standard.

Top Bottom