• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

Zeth

Trying to scrounge up some currency for a 5L is proving more difficult than expected. I'm totally spoiled from regular HC where I was rich - playing for so long, and ignoring Onslaught. I've sent two Lioneye's to SC, one of them 6L - if I could just have half of one of them back I'd be set, lol. I just can't put in those hardcore hours like I used to I guess.

That Tabula Rasa screenshot reminds me that, for some reason, I cannot get the game to render shadows. :( It's better when I don't know what I'm missing!

inky

They do? My axe doesn't even have a shadow skin and some unique boots I put on looked just like silk boots.

Some do. I think they are slowly rolling out unique art for them, but not all of them have it when they are implemented.

Also, if there is still room and anyone can invite me, character name is Ashdawn. I'm NA if that matters.

Card Boy

Banned
They do? My axe doesn't even have a shadow skin and some unique boots I put on looked just like silk boots.

They are still updating the skins for unique items. They started implementing skins for uniques afew months before release. There are still another 350 items they need to do from supporter packs.

Rubius

They are still updating the skins for unique items. They started implementing skins for uniques afew months before release. There are still another 350 items they need to do from supporter packs.

Didnt Yoshi-chan from Neogaf have a Unique in the game and made it to look like something from Neogaf? Like a shield or a potion?

oneils

The game reached 35K concurrent players on Steam, today. Hopefully that means GGG is making great money. Grats to GGG.

Now its time for me to create a character in domination...

Kammie

Are they really selling a glowing scorpion pet for $110? lol

How many stash tabs do you guys have? It looks like purchasing some is gonna be unavoidable in the long run. I was reading a random wiki page and some guy said he had 80 tabs. lol

You'd be surprised. People buy all sorts of shit in this game. Personally, I think I've spent at least $300 on PoE. Mostly via the supporter packs, and eventually upgrading over time. I started off small with the $20. Then, I was having so much fun I kept on upgrading.

Rubius

Are they really selling a glowing scorpion pet for $110? lol

How many stash tabs do you guys have? It looks like purchasing some is gonna be unavoidable in the long run. I was reading a random wiki page and some guy said he had 80 tabs. lol

Well you can play through the game without buying tabs. If you have a Main and simply collect orbs, you dont need more than 2-3 tabs. I bought the package for the extra premium tabs, and bought the Halloween pack yesterday.
I backed for 100$ on Kickstarter so I still have 475 coin left. They have a 110$ pet? Yep. Well it's for those who want to support the game. You buy a pet and you gave them 110$ to run the servers, that's how I see it.

But you also have 50 cent pets like the Weta and it's still pretty cute. You have 2$ frogs too.
I have a 100$ Silver Kiwi :3 He's cute.
silverkiwiisbestkiwi.jpg

Sarcasm

So I went and spec my ranger acrobatics and blood magic. Doing decent until I get that hp regen mod.

Anybody in hardcore league? Around level 59?

I have like twelve stash tabs and spent around three hundred..have about 1k points left over.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
So I went and spec my ranger acrobatics and blood magic. Doing decent until I get that hp regen mod.

Anybody in hardcore league? Around level 59?

I have like twelve stash tabs and spent around the hundred..have about 1k points left over.

Reroll in Nemesis and have fun with us :p

I think almost all community is playing new leagues.

Boken

Banned
I assume the guilds aren't cross servers?

Been out of the loop so long.

What's a good front line class+build these days?

VandalD

Tried this out during late beta and didn't get a good feel for it. The combat felt a bit off. I'm not sure if the game changed, I did, or my connection stopped being crap, but it feels good. I think it was partly because I was missing attacks and it felt like lag. Some kind of feedback that you've missed, or even that you can miss while attacking something and "hitting" it might not be a bad thing.

The passives tree.. sphere grid.. thing is a bit daunting. I think it could use some in-game support, like suggested builds, just to give an idea of what's what for your class. I liked that Rift did this, to give an off genre example. As it is, it feels like I'm just aimlessly highlighting passive abilities not knowing if I'll ever be able to reach them, and not knowing if they're even that good in comparison to other options. What with all the leagues, I'm assuming there's not much of a respec system here. This game really doesn't seem to expect you to sit with one character for an extended period of time.

Game seems promising. I like a lot of its ideas so far, even if I could argue they're unintuitive. Doesn't hurt that it's free. Maybe I'll end up throwing some money at them at some point.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
I assume the guilds aren't cross servers?

Been out of the loop so long.

What's a good front line class+build these days?

Yes the guild is cross-server.

So far the most popular build it seem to be Spectral Throw.

Ferrio

Banned
Bah sucks needing two gems but unable to get them cause the quest for them is on the next difficulty :(

Anyone on Dominion have a mana leech and/or blood rage gems taking up space?

maharg

idspispopd
Holy hell just started playing this a couple of days ago and... yeah, this is what I wanted out of Diablo 3. Funny how it took a bunch of people with no association with Blizzard in New Zealand to pick up the torch on something that feels like a true diablo sequel.

I'm not very far in yet, but the only aspect that's a bit disappointing is the story doesn't grab me the way even Diablo 1's story did. But I'm mostly having too much fun to care.

Finally.

zon

Holy hell just started playing this a couple of days ago and... yeah, this is what I wanted out of Diablo 3. Funny how it took a bunch of people with no association with Blizzard in New Zealand to pick up the torch on something that feels like a true diablo sequel.

I'm not very far in yet, but the only aspect that's a bit disappointing is the story doesn't grab me the way even Diablo 1's story did. But I'm mostly having too much fun to care.

Finally.

Well there weren't really any people left in Blizzard associated with D1 or D2 either. The majority of them had left. And it showed.

dejan

Played about 8 hours and finished Act I. I'm definitely feeling this. My personal motivation curve still remains on a positive slope unlike Marvel Heroes which plateaued for me after about 5 hours. I've been plowing through hordes of enemies on my Shadow without much concern, because of my evasion rating. Well, until I encountered exploding mobs that is. Let me tell you something about exploding mobs ... exploding mobs don't give a fuck about your evasion rating. Adapted my playstyle and all was good again.

I wanna spend $20 to show my support for the developers, but looking at the store I have no idea what to spend it on.

Sarcasm

Played about 8 hours and finished Act I. I'm definitely feeling this. My personal motivation curve still remains on a positive slope unlike Marvel Heroes which plateaued for me after about 5 hours. I've been plowing through hordes of enemies on my Shadow without much concern, because of my evasion rating. Well, until I encountered exploding mobs that is. Let me tell you something about exploding mobs ... exploding mobs don't give a fuck about your evasion rating. Adapted my playstyle and all was good again.

I wanna spend $20 to show my support for the developers, but looking at the store I have no idea what to spend it on.

Stash Tabs.

Naeblish

Any tips for Dominus? I died like 20 times on the dude. I'm a lvl 36 la/frenzy ranger, and everything up to the last waypoint has been easy, this jump in difficulty is a bit weird to be honest.

zon

Best thing to buy is stash tabs. The rest are just cosmetics.

Zeth

so a Duelist for spec throw?

or something else?

planning to play with a friend btw.

Also, anybody online who can guild inv?

I can invite in an hour or so if no one else has. Duelist and Ranger are good starting areas for Spec Throw. Scion and Maruader can also work.

Raxious

The moment I saw you wielding that bow, I fell in love,
and while at first we had our differences, the more we played we came to understand each other.
The way you handled split arrow and fork was spectaculair to see.
I've seen you grow from 1 to 22, so young and so fragile.
Unfortunately we weren't meant to stay together any longer.
RIP Raxicus.

6mHb9bc.jpg

syko de4d

so a Duelist for spec throw?

or something else?

planning to play with a friend btw.

Also, anybody online who can guild inv?

dont make the same mistake i did, Spectral Throw does not benefit from Increase Melee Damage nodes (like the first nodes from the Duelist), mods or gems. Go Ranger with swords and go from there to duelist with master of the arena etc.

Top Bottom