• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

inky

Thanks. I was unsure about mind over matter as my mana pool is likely to be very small even with the nodes because of no int.l

I haven't tried it yet, but I guess it could work if you didn't use mana for your abilities. 30% reduced damage is a lot after all. If you do, it'll be a terrible inconvenience because you'll always be out of mana to cast. With my ranger build, I run Clarity plus Grace (with reduced mana) and still have enough mana left to cast, and I don't even need to carry mana flasks with me.

Edit: thanks for the invite to the guild guys =D

Kammie

I'm not at home to pore over the map, but what can I do to make my traps stronger? Most of my attacks have a DPS rating of around 120, but my fire trap is stuck with just 15. And it's not underleved in comparison to the other jewels, I've been using it for a long time now. Are they supposed to be that weak?

I finally beat Piety in normal, first time in hardcore making it that far =/ A lot of near dead moment, I felt like I am either pretty under gear or screwed up my build big time.

I am trying to go for high block tempest shield + lightning trap focusing on lightning damage. It seems like I ran out of mana after 7 or 8 traps (without spamming flask), and even faster if I link it with +lightning damage support gem (only have it linked with lightning penetration atm). I don't run out of mana farming, since the mob refill my flask pretty quick, but it becoming a problem when I am trying to fight a boss.

I have like 200 armor, ~35% block chance, 700 health, 400 ES, resist 75% fire, 40% ice and lightning. 650 mana, 30% reserved by tempest shield.

My build, trying to get all the shield block nodes that I can, along with the trap passive (10% penetration, 6s indestructible, +1 trap)

Any help will be great.

Here's a simple optimization suggestion - Grab the Intelligence node left of Unnatural Calm and then buy back the points from the 2 +8% Health nodes on the left side of that nearby cluster. Then use those 2 reclaimed points to get Purity of Flesh (it's near Static Blows). That'll get you a net gain of +10% Health, +8% Chaos Resist, and +10 Intelligence for only 1 point (plus 2 refund points).

Zeth

What's the guild stash etiquette? Take one, leave one (or two)?

I've been adding quite a lot to the stash - some other have too. I think take-one/leave-one is fair. Unless we end up with extremely valuable items moving through the stash, I don't think we should have much conflict.

I lost my 55 ranger a few minutes ago in Cruel Piety.

Damm frost damage, a bit lag and low reflex to aflt f4

I always put off learning to alt-f4 quickly on my somewhat new keyboard - and every time I die I swear I'm going take the time to figure it out. Most recently I had a function key activated which prevented me from exiting :(

inky

I've been adding quite a lot to the stash - some other have too. I think take-one/leave-one is fair. Unless we end up with extremely valuable items moving through the stash, I don't think we should have much conflict.

Well, I ask because there is a pair of unique summoner boots in the stash and don't know if anyone is counting on them, or how much they are worth. I'm doing a summoner build right now (level 41) and I think they might be useful, although I could die and take them with me to standard too.

I do have another pair of boots right now (Shavronne's Pace) that I'm using and I think are more useful at the level I am at, so it's not like I absolutely need them. But I wouldn't want to take them and leave something like a coral ring in return :p

Deadly

What's the guild stash etiquette? Take one, leave one (or two)?
I've taken a few things but when I'm done with it I always put it back in. I also put all the rares I find and don't use in unless they really suck but had to sell some stuff there wasn't anymore space.

KPJZKC

If I can get an invitation to the guild, do I have to have left my previous guild before the invitation is sent, or after?

Either way, username is
KPJZKC
So please throw an invite :D

Ferrio

Banned
Well, I ask because there is a pair of unique summoner boots in the stash and don't know if anyone is counting on them, or how much they are worth. I'm doing a summoner build right now (level 41) and I think they might be useful, although I could die and take them with me to standard too.

I do have another pair of boots right now (Shavronne's Pace) that I'm using and I think are more useful at the level I am at, so it's not like I absolutely need them. But I wouldn't want to take them and leave something like a coral ring in return :p

I'd say just grab them. I'm having to throw away rares cause there's no more room in the guild stash

Time to break some builds.

We've deployed Patch 1.0.0e, which contains several balance changes and quite a lot of bug fixes. We have also decided on a mechanic for the heavily requested ability to respec bandit quests (relatively difficult vendor recipes) and have a version on our testing server. I expect that this will be patched in as a feature of 1.0.1.

It's intentional that bandit quest respecs aren't super easy. I suspect the difficulty will be too high for a level 30 player, but pretty simple for someone who runs end-game content. This is similar to using a lot of Orbs of Regret to change a substantial part of your passive tree.
Version 1.0.0e
Reducing Caliga Imperatrix's trap damage in Normal and Cruel difficulties.
Reduced the damage of Devourers.
Reduced the size of packs of Devourers in end-game Maps.
Rare monsters are now larger.
At higher levels, spells cast by shrines that you have tagged now do more damage.
The slow aura from totems can now be viewed in the UI as a debuff.
The Cast on Crit support gem has been renamed to Cast on Critical Strike.
Changed some map vendor recipes: Mountain Ledge maps now upgrade to a Museum map. Promenade maps now upgrade to a Villa map. Colonnade maps now upgrade to a Labyrinth map. Dark Forest maps now upgrade to a Residence map.
Fixed a bug where auras with larger base magnitudes could override auras that had higher final magnitudes (once passives had been factored in).
When an Animated Guardian is dispelled due to its gem being unavailable, its life value is now temporarily saved so that it applies if the Guardian is restored in that area.
Fixed an abuse case where the Cast on Death support gem could be used as a massive damage bonus with other trigger gems.
Fixed a bug where all classes other than the Scion would look wrong when wearing Hyrri's Ire.
Fixed the speed that NPC dialogue windows scroll at if there's no voice acting.
Fixed a bug where the Gardens would occasionally spawn with the path to the Sceptre of God blocked.
Fixed a bug where a Guild Officer would be shown an option to kick the Guild Leader.
Fixed a bug where the end-game Graveyard Map could spawn its boss (Merveil) in an unreachable location.
Fixed cases where minions would not appear on your minion icon bar after tagging a shrine.
Fixed a bug where a Scion wearing the Crown of Thorns or Asenath's Mark would appear bald.
Fixed a bug where Guild Members and Officers could attempt to change the guild tab ordering. In addition, Guild Leader tab reordering has been disabled until it's fully supported.
Fixed an instance crash related to Spectral Throw.
Fixed an instance crash related to Dominus.
Fixed a client crash related to guild tabs.
Fixed a client crash caused by Lightning Warping away from NPCs while talking to them.

erragal

Doesn't seem to be much other than bug fixes. Glad they haven't nerfed Spectral throw yet.

They will. It shouldn't be shotgunning on the return path and it's crazy unlikely they'll keep it that way. If that's all they do it'll still be viable and good but wont be quite as overpowering.

erragal

I didn't know there was a cast on crit gem... that sounds fun.

It's infinitely stronger than Spectral throw right now but isn't as one button and doesn't really function until you get a good crit value so it hasn't hit fotm yet. Edit: Also its a high level build so dossnt help any of the hc folk or people just starting.

Probably the strongest single gem right now; made me change my scion trapper to incorporate more crit just so I could try out some things once I get one.

garath

Why would they nerf it?

I'm not a crazy PoE min max type person so my impressions may be a little off but I think a large source of how it is too strong is how you can mod it. I have the damage of a 2 hander with an added fire mod and the % increases of projectile damage firing at a speed of my attack speed. Life on hit works with it and it hits mobs multiple times. It's the strongest build I've used yet. And it seems like almost everyone is using it.

They will. It shouldn't be shotgunning on the return path and it's crazy unlikely they'll keep it that way. If that's all they do it'll still be viable and good but wont be quite as overpowering.

Yeah. I expect the nerf soon. It will make me sad but it's expected. I'm guessing the str based 2h build version to get the bat which will completely invalidate my build but whatever. It's tons of fun creating new characters and crazy builds.

Rufus

I like those changes a lot. Great suggestion. Thanks. I was unsure about mind over matter as my mana pool is likely to be very small even with the nodes because of no int.

Completely missed diamond flesh and that cluster of 12% life next to blood drinker. lol
This is what I'm at with my ST Scion.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...zxKLNmNBH037dDedj7YPuDu967_Dyl_T49778xf6P_ro=

Gonna grab the remaining life nodes on the big wheel and the sword damage nodes near the Ranger tree.

Almost 1k ST dps, 1.5k Double Strike dps with nothing linked to it, Leap Slam for mobility and in case I get surrounded (all using Blood Magic gems). Mana almost completely reserved using Grace and Hatred with Reduced Mana. I have 38 mana or so left, enough to cast a low level Projectile Weakness, but I might switch it out for another curse eventually. Maybe Temporal Chains or Enfeeble.

Cast when Damage Taken is sooo good. I have it linked to Enduring Cry, Molthen Shell and a Rejuv Totem, which is good enough to distract enemies and keep both itself and me alive. I'm pretty sure it's saved my life several times already, but I think I'm playing much riskier too.

Ferrio

Banned
Nope. And there's no cast time, either. OP as fuck. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Oh I didn't think so.. but they have a mana cost multiplier according to the wiki.

Well fuck... no reason not to get detonate dead + cast on melee kill for my character.

Rufus

Yeah, but I feel it's still kind of OP, especially for Cast when Damage Taken, which doesn't require a triggering skill. It just triggers the skills linked to it for free. At level 1, it triggers for every 440 damage taken, which is nothing. Totally bananas. Maybe they'll leave it this way to give melee characters more of an edge, but it could end up becoming "mandatory" in people's eyes and I don't think GGG would leave it un-nerfed in that case.

There used to be a skill called Phase Run which improved your run speed. Everybody was using it, since there was no reason not to use it. They replaced it with Quicksilver Flasks eventually, now Phase Run only shows up on some enemies, like the spectral dock workers in A3 Docks.

Ferrio

Banned
Oh so you have to crit with a certain skill? I thought it applied to every physical crit. So I assume same with "on melee kill"

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Wow Caligula is no joke. Almost died so many times trying to take him down and my lightning resist is %70 or so...

Really glad they are nerfing him. This was on normal btw.

Scion is very fun. I can imagine the developers having evil grins on their faces, anticipating people going all offense due to how crazy good the class is...only to die later. Right now I'm lv23 (Nemesis) and my armor/resistances are shit ha. I'll start working on it. My Double Strike dps (w/Added Fire DMG and Multistrike) is 260, which is crazy at this level.

My lv37 wand Templar (LMP Freezing Pulse/Fireball, and Fire Traps) is still trucking in Nemesis too.

Ferrio

Banned
Kinda bummed at the rarity of non quality gems. Puts a damper on being able to try things out.

Really need multistrike, blood rage, and maybe mana leech.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member

Grab the summoner bots, i put in the guild stash for members, and is useful for you, just take it ;)

Skab

Make my first nemesis character, walk down the beach, kill Hillock, and he gives me this

tNbcGo6.jpg

Thank you Hillock.

inky

Grab the summoner bots, i put in the guild stash for members, and is useful for you, just take it ;)

Thanks, but I died to a desync shortly after posting that :p

I don't think I'll make another one on Hardcore for a while so a brave soul can give them a go.

Just now hit 50 on my scion and killed cruel vaal. Feels like I havn't upgraded gear in like 30 levels due to gems and links but I'm owning everything and bosses quickly with 2k heavy strikes and machine gun spectral blades for crowd clearing.

How are you guys handling upgrades later on? Have to sacrifice sockets for stats?

Top Bottom