• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

NIN90

What are the drop rates for uniques like? Because I got a witch halfway through act 3 and a ranger to act 2 and haven't found a single unique yet.
Both on softcore.

What are the drop rates for uniques like? Because I got a witch halfway through act 3 and a ranger to act 2 and haven't found a single unique yet.
Both on softcore.

They vary, but yeah they can take ages to drop. Once I got the unique coral amulet from Hillock on normal.

Kammie

Past few days I have been getting terrible lag. Right now sometimes my weapon may strike the enemy but it won't take damage till like a second after.

Anyone else suffering from this? Wondering if the load from Steam is affecting the servers.

Both on softcore.

I didn't get my first drop till act 1 cruel. My friend got one in normal. It varies but seems very low.

inky

Both on softcore.

It's very random. I didn't get any from leveling 2 characters to 50ish, then got 3 yesterday while farming just 1 level in docks.

Clydefrog

so the best class for ranged is a ranger?

i started out as a shadow and used daggers until like mid 20s level-wise... then i switched to bow and am currently level 36.

safe to say, my skill tree is a bit schizo

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Here's a simple optimization suggestion - Grab the Intelligence node left of Unnatural Calm and then buy back the points from the 2 +8% Health nodes on the left side of that nearby cluster. Then use those 2 reclaimed points to get Purity of Flesh (it's near Static Blows). That'll get you a net gain of +10% Health, +8% Chaos Resist, and +10 Intelligence for only 1 point (plus 2 refund points).

Thanks, yeah I definitely going to do that, there are too many "near-death" experience where I only had like 30 health left. Especially against those damn exiles.

Both on softcore.

I got 4 Uniques in Act 2. I'm equipped with accessories for Rare items = 30%-ish

88D9F47985F55523E44B542B3FDDFA58FF5F948D

I'm an 2H axe wielding Duelist.

Two passive points can grant the following.

%24 axe damage

or +60 intelligence

It's either filling two slots on a weapon nodes or using two big intel nodes I'm already by on the tree. Not really sure if it's worth getting the extra intel or how big a boost the 24 would be.

This Is my current build

Any feedback would be appreciated. My first build focused on a lot of weapon damage but I read that not the best idea so this time I tried staying away from small nodes to free up points to go after more important nodes.

Kripp is such a fucking idiot. Just wasted like a billion chromatics trying to get 3 reds on an evasion/ES helmet. It has like roughly the chance of getting a 6 link out of fusings and he just keeps fucking wasting them.

Kammie

I did my first run with a random party from the notice board.

Holy crap, I've never seen loot disappear so fast. o_o Pugging it ain't gonna work.

Boken

Banned
sounds like it was set to free allocation

on "permanent allocation", items that are yellow and above are for you only to pickup

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Good bye my level 39 witch, died at final boss desync while he was using that blood rain bs :(

I just couldn't type /oos fast enough.

Sarcasm

Is there an up to date passive builder for android? I found one but it is either a tad out dated or wrong, it has scion but has a fire group next to blood magic.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Good bye my level 39 witch, died at final boss desync while he was using that blood rain bs :(

I just couldn't type /oos fast enough.

I said yesterday to my level 55 ranger :(

Lets see the scion today

Greg

I feel like I'm cheating with my build now that cast when damage taken exists... there's no way it's not nerfed in some way soon

Rufus

Kripp is such a fucking idiot. Just wasted like a billion chromatics trying to get 3 reds on an evasion/ES helmet. It has like roughly the chance of getting a 6 link out of fusings and he just keeps fucking wasting them.
Yeah, it's nuts. They will have to flip the damage values, i.e. you'll have to level it up to make it trigger at lower damage values, as opposed to leveling it to trigger at higher values, which is just - huh? Why would you ever level it up the way it works now?

Not being able to directly cast the skills you link to it isn't a real downside. I use Enduring Cry and Molten Shell with it because I don't want to cast those all the time. I don't get it. At this point I'm ready to believe that it's incomplete, because it's the least thought out of the trigger gems.

Pretty sure Kripp is rich and doesn't give a shit.
Yeah I really can't watch him, or any nolifers stream. They really seem to have it easier in regards to getting the gear they need to make builds work (discluding racers/new leagues of course).

Being able to stream makes it much easier to sell gear you wouldn't ever use, which already makes bartering that much easier. They always seem to have plenty of currency on hand to get the links/colors they need.

But I'm also really lazy about trading. Probably why so many of my characters die.

Rufus

I always play self-found, so it doesn't bother me. I want to try out trading some time though. Maybe when I plateuau with my Scion.

Gothos

I always play self-found, so it doesn't bother me. I want to try out trading some time though. Maybe when I plateuau with my Scion.

They also mostly play self-found but as DarthWufei said - when you got 5k people watching you play you can sell all your shit with a snap of a finger and get all that juicy currency. So, in the end, they got HUGE advantage over normal players. It doesn't bother me, 'cause I don't treat h'n's games as competetive but yeah, popular streamers will always be richer than average Joe.

Ok I need some advice please, I'm playing a dual sword wielding duelist and just reached the bandits in Act 2, should I
Help Kraityn for the +8% element resistance or kill all the bandits for 1 passive point? I'm leaning towards the +8% resistance at the moment.

Edit: So I just
killed so I can get the skill point at the end haha

I've been eyeing this game for a long time (and tried it and finished the first chapter in early alpha but that was all content there was)

Always enjoyed tinkering with builds and finding synergies (I loved the materia system in ff7 and the sphere grid in ff10)
This has the sphere grid and a lot of synergies (right?)

Thing is I've always detested diablo likes , I can't play torchlight 2 the repetitiveness does my head in.

Will I be able to figure out/experiment with cool builds and synergies without googling/wiking for cookie cutter stuff (that would defeat the purpose for me, finding them would be my reason to play the game), without having to grind for hours/days just to be able to try something out?

in the early alpha item/spell progression was really slow and it felt repetitive to me because of it since I wasn't able to experiment
But the game has had so many huge changes now.

Worth a try for someone who can't stand diablo but enjoys king's bounty/turn based rpgs for the experimenting with builds?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Didnt Yoshi-chan from Neogaf have a Unique in the game and made it to look like something from Neogaf? Like a shield or a potion?
Yup, it's NeoGAF related :D

I've been eyeing this game for a long time (and tried it and finished the first chapter in early alpha but that was all content there was)

Always enjoyed tinkering with builds and finding synergies (I loved the materia system in ff7 and the sphere grid in ff10)
This has the sphere grid and a lot of synergies (right?)

Thing is I've always detested diablo likes , I can't play torchlight 2 the repetitiveness does my head in.

Will I be able to figure out/experiment with cool builds and synergies without googling/wiking for cookie cutter stuff (that would defeat the purpose for me, finding them would be my reason to play the game), without having to grind for hours/days just to be able to try something out?

in the early alpha item/spell progression was really slow and it felt repetitive to me because of it since I wasn't able to experiment
But the game has had so many huge changes now.

Worth a try for someone who can't stand diablo but enjoys king's bounty/turn based rpgs for the experimenting with builds?

If you don't like the repetitiveness of the games you mentioned, you probably won't like this. It is rather slow for the first couple of hours; if you don't put some time into it you won't get much back. With that said, PoE has way more interesting build variety than others before it and yes, you can pretty much do anything you can conceptualize. Whether it works well or not, that's a different story!

If you put a few good hours into the game, it really opens up. I think the reasoning is that the beginning is somewhat of a tutorial to get familiarized with the intricacies of the orbs/passives/skill gems system. It can be daunting for someone who is new to the genre.

edit: how can the gameplay of these games bore you when you love turned based games? ARPG's like this are basically turn based turned to 11.

If you don't like the repetitiveness of the games you mentioned, you probably won't like this. It is rather slow for the first couple of hours; if you don't put some time into it you won't get much back. With that said, PoE has way more interesting build variety than others before it and yes, you can pretty much do anything you can conceptualize. Whether it works well or not, that's a different story!

If you put a few good hours into the game, it really opens up. I think the reasoning is that the beginning is somewhat of a tutorial to get familiarized with the intricacies of the orbs/passives/skill gems system. It can be daunting for someone who is new to the genre.

edit: how can the gameplay of these games bore you when you love turned based games? ARPG's like this are basically turn based turned to 11.

games like king's bounty are about unit positioning etc and min maxing your damage for each turn , every battle is different

arpgs are kite kite kite clickclickclick, it genrally bores me to tears in games like diablo or torchlight

games like king's bounty are about unit positioning etc and min maxing your damage for each turn , every battle is different

arpgs are kite kite kite clickclickclick, it genrally bores me to tears in games like diablo or torchlight

I suppose that makes sense. I think GGG (developers) did a pretty good job of limiting easy ways out like kiting (with a balance of enemies with varied speeds, balance of projectile enemies, curses), but it is still possible. I still think that if you're a fan of tinkering with synergies, PoE is about the best there is.

The higher level you get, the more they start to drop like rain. This is because at higher levels, you cover more of the loot table. If I'm level 70+, then I have a chance for all uniques up to level 70+ to drop. That's the way it is.

But in the early stages, they can be quite far and few between. The game, in a way, encourages you to re-roll with the leet gear you found.

Yea, and if you have seperate magic find gear, you'll be able to get tons of uniques. I had about 200 mf on a standard league character and I was getting a unique every couple of hours (well, at least every few hours).

Both on softcore.

The higher level you get, the more they start to drop like rain. This is because at higher levels, you cover more of the loot table. If I'm level 70+, then I have a chance for all uniques up to level 70+ to drop. That's the way it is.

But in the early stages, they can be quite far and few between. The game, in a way, encourages you to re-roll with the leet gear you found.

Yeah, a couple weeks ago prior to release, I ran in a party with a great magic finder. Every map we ran, someone got a unique. We ran maps for about 4 hours and I was able to add a lot of items to my HC Standard shop.

This game is in no way stingy with drops at higher levels. Not to mention, new uniques are contantly being added to the game. Each major patch release, there are at least 4 new uniques added. This game is ALL about the loot.

Loot 3.0

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I said yesterday to my level 55 ranger :(

Lets see the scion today

Scion is the only thing I got out of that run. Just a bit bitter about that death since I didn't realize I still taking the rain damage while in the protective circle. I should had try to log off instead of typing /oos.

Can someone confirm if alt f4 works the same as logging off?

Scion is the only thing I got out of that run. Just a bit bitter about that death since I didn't realize I still taking the rain damage while in the protective circle. I should had try to log off instead of typing /oos.

Can someone confirm if alt f4 works the same as logging off?

I think so, It worked for me yesterday when Brutus got me stuck in one of the walls.

inky

That's how I died with my summoner yesterday as well =( I was doing pretty OK actually, but I got stuck outside the wall in the lower left side of the map when I desynced. Stupidly, I tried to TP instead of logging out so I was clicking furiously on the wrong spot and the rain got me.

Top Bottom