• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

Sarcasm

You'd think Gromph and I would play together
forever
since I live in Taiwan.

***Also I am coming to Japan relatively soon Gromph.

I think the percentage is for currency items. The rarity of the items depends on your increased rarity stat.

Well I was in a same level map in Act II and I only still got whites from rares. Even the amount has dropped down to one item.

Rufus

Well if you are not doing a crit build I don't know why you wouldn't pick it up. It prevents you from one shotting yourself against reflect pretty often.
RT isn't going to save you when you hit a lot of reflect mobs at once. Even then I think it has to be a double reflect, i.e. reflect mob in a reflect map. Well, it also depends on how much life or ES you have...

Gothos

Speaking of streamers getting good deals on gear, I just saw Kripp getting 5L decent armor for 6 Orbs of Regret and 1 Regal - hahahahaha, what a god damn joke. Why people are so eager to get fucked on such retarded deals, roflmao... 6 Regrets :D

Tom Penny

Speaking of streamers getting good deals on gear, I just saw Kripp getting 5L decent armor for 6 Orbs of Regret and 1 Regal - hahahahaha, what a god damn joke. Why people are so eager to get fucked on such retarded deals, roflmao... 6 Regrets :D

All my 5L chest except for 1 cost me 1 gcp or less. I'd buy a white and hit it with an alch. I'm sure his is way better but it's not unheard of.

syko de4d

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/568906

1.0.1 comes on November 11

-5 New Uniques
-1 new support gem
-up to 3 new Aura gems, if they are ready
-PvP Tournaments
-New Achievments
-New microtransaction effects

And patches like this are planned for every 2 weeks. But lets be realistic, at the end it will be more like every Month ^^

And there is a significant expansion release (1.1.0) early next year :)

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/568906

1.0.1 comes on November 11

-5 New Uniques
-1 new support gem
-up to 3 new Aura gems, if they are ready
-PvP Tournaments
-New Achievments
-New microtransaction effects

And patches like this are planned for every 2 weeks. But lets be realistic, at the end it will be more like every Month ^^

And there is a significant expansion release (1.1.0) early next year :)

Is there any indication in what is coming with 1.1.0 ?

ys45

I see everyone going for 2H with scion+spectral throw, I was planning going 1h+shield with spectral throw + avatar of fire .

I want to have a tank build with decent damage, anyone tried this ?

Clydefrog

Jesus the fucking Dominus fight is INSANE.

yeah I beat normal last night. I have been playing at a downsampled resolution with all settings on max… the Dominus fight killed my FPS. It seemed my internet took a crap during that fight too because I kept teleporting  I died like a dozen times. So shit

Gbraga

yeah I beat normal last night. I have been playing at a downsampled resolution with all settings on max… the Dominus fight killed my FPS. It seemed my internet took a crap during that fight too because I kept teleporting  I died like a dozen times. So shit

Man, this game probably looks pretty good downsampled. I'm too fond of the quick alt tab with windowed fullscreen though. So good.

Deadly

That's probably just the de-sync kicking in. Glad I'm on domination cause I died a few times because of it.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Anyone can give me a general idea on how much orbs worth? I don't need the correct market value, just which one worth more.

I been trying to buy stuffs I saw on chats, and just accept whatever offer they gave me. I brought clarity for orb of alch, and tempest shield for one chaos. How much I can sell 8% quality Reave for? Is it based on percentage? Like 1 chaos for every 4%?

Tom Penny

Anyone can give me a general idea on how much orbs worth? I don't need the correct market value, just which one worth more.

I been trying to buy stuffs I saw on chats, and just accept whatever offer they gave me. I brought clarity for orb of alch, and tempest shield for one chaos. How much I can sell 8% quality Reave for? Is it based on percentage? Like 1 chaos for every 4%?

Google Path of Exile currency there are a couple of site that breakdown approximate values. As far as gems there is no set formula because some you can get from quests so they are easier to get and cost nothing. Others are more valuable. Once you start hitting 15+ quality gems then they get expensive. Put it this way. You can't buy any 20% gem for 5 chaos. I've never seen that ever.

That's similar to my Scion build I died with yesterday. Yes, the early levels for a summoner are slower in general, and some boss fights are kind of a mess. I used Ice Nova and Firestorm as spells to complement my build and, early on, to deal most of the damage.

There is a way to auto-summon, it is called spell totem: it will cast the linked spell, which in your case will be the summons.The minion instability Keystone will take care of the explosion part (minions explode at low health). It depends on how you support your summon spells, but basically, Zombies are your tanky summons, Skeletons are your damage dealers and Spectres are your variety. When there are no corpses to summon Zombies, you should be spamming skeletons on top of the bosses. They will aggro it and deal damage at the same time. You can also have a few other totems pull aggro and give you a chance to move around and summon some more.

As for gear, you'll mostly want mana and survivability early on, and later on your emphasis will be on Energy Shield, Resists, movement speed and socketing and linking your gear so your summons are more durable, faster and powerful. Most (if not all) of the damage will come from them. There's a few uniques that would help as well giving you more summons or boosts.

thanks for the infos

Only just found a summon skeleton gem , haven't tried it yet.
Haven't found a totem gem yet either

I made an archer (blood magic) and leveled it to 20 with a unique bow I found (quill rain: 3x attack speed and half damage)
Which seems to do tons of damage but since it has such high attack speed I oom myself in under 3seconds when casting poison arrow/lightning

Not sure what skill gems to use on him either.

Ferrio

Banned
So is there any fast and loose means to figure out roughly what the price of an item should be? Not sure what I'm suppose to offer for various items.

Also what's the best way to get a 4+L item? Finding it? Reforging it? What?

thanks for the infos

Only just found a summon skeleton gem , haven't tried it yet.
Haven't found a totem gem yet either

I made an archer (blood magic) and leveled it to 20 with a unique bow I found (quill rain: 3x attack speed and half damage)
Which seems to do tons of damage but since it has such high attack speed I oom myself in under 3seconds when casting poison arrow/lightning

Not sure what skill gems to use on him either.

explosive arrow if you want to use quill rain

Kammie

So I've been reading in detail about recipes, and I've realized I skipped out on a lot of fundamental things. For example, I was selling off items without identifying them, and I wasn't aware for example that selling three flasks of one level would give me one of the next (I got a super OP mana flask now as a result), or that selling off a type of item (weapon, armor, flask) with a combined quality of 40% would give me whetstones, armorer's shards, or glassblower baubles.

And then there's all the other recipes which could be interesting, but man--I'd need tons of stash tabs for that! And your active inventory is way too small if you want to save loot for making all these complicated recipes.

Which leads me to my question... where can I get that Portal gem??? I saw someone on trade chat selling them for 30 chaos. I want one, I'm gonna run out of portals soon if I keep portingback and forth to save loot for recipes. T_T

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Which leads me to my question... where can I get that Portal gem??? I saw someone on trade chat selling them for 30 chaos. I want one, I'm gonna run out of portals soon if I keep portingback and forth to save loot for recipes. T_T

Vender in act 2 sells portal scroll for 3 wisdom.

I didn't know portal gems worth this much, should had mine instead of dying with it.

i started a nemesis character yesterday and got two uniques and 4 yellows by the time i'd reached fetid pool. this is not normal, right?

Ploid 3.0

So is there any fast and loose means to figure out roughly what the price of an item should be? Not sure what I'm suppose to offer for various items.

Also what's the best way to get a 4+L item? Finding it? Reforging it? What?

For pricing I still don't know what to do other than throw stuff out there and see if they bite. I look uniques up on google to see what people are buying or trading them for on the forums. For normal items use this site http://poexplorer.com/, enter the stats and level of the item you have, try to find a similar item with and see what it's going for on the forums. It's a long process, also make sure it's in the league you're in.

For 4 links I just take my chances with my own mats. It was easy enough to get a 4 link before the big update recently, it's even easier now. You can find a lot of them too though, but if you want a specific type of armor to hold a specific set of gems you may want to get the armor type that will be easy to color the way you need them to be colored. A pure armor item will have a hard time getting Green x1, blue x4. You will spend so many chromes on that. While a Energy Shield + Evasion armor will get that no problem. It will probably be found with that color spec already on it.

Sarcasm

I know there is a website for loot recipes but do you guys print it out it something?

For 4 links I just take my chances with my own mats. It was easy enough to get a 4 link before the big update recently, it's even easier now. You can find a lot of them too though, but if you want a specific type of armor to hold a specific set of gems you may want to get the armor type that will be easy to color the way you need them to be colored. A pure armor item will have a hard time getting Green x1, blue x4. You will spend so many chromes on that. While a Energy Shield + Evasion armor will get that no problem. It will probably be found with that color spec already on it.

How do you tell pure or not armour?

Decado

Lots of disconnects tonight. Some at very bad times. I'm playing co-op with a friend and we just finished the quest (in the pyramid) that moves us to Act 3. I starts to disconnect JUST as I click on the area transition part of the map. My friend goes through, he can't get back and I can't go through the portal he made (I can't remember what it say, but the gist seems to be that I have to go through that area transition myself).

Any way to circumvent this? We're trying to stay at equal level, not to mention that crypt/pyramid was long and a pain in the ass. I do not want to do it again on my own.

explosive arrow if you want to use quill rain
Haven't found one of those (perhaps someone could sell me one)
Till what level is quill rain worth using ? Is it worth swapping to a higher lvl rare bow after a while? (my archer is lvl 24)

So I've been reading in detail about recipes, and I've realized I skipped out on a lot of fundamental things. For example, I was selling off items without identifying them, and I wasn't aware for example that selling three flasks of one level would give me one of the next (I got a super OP mana flask now as a result), or that selling off a type of item (weapon, armor, flask) with a combined quality of 40% would give me whetstones, armorer's shards, or glassblower baubles.

And then there's all the other recipes which could be interesting, but man--I'd need tons of stash tabs for that! And your active inventory is way too small if you want to save loot for making all these complicated recipes.

All of this is blowing my mind, all of it
why do you ID all items? (I don't think I'd have nearly enough scrolls for this though)
damn the flask thing seems usefull:p

Kammie

All of this is blowing my mind, all of it
why do you ID all items? (I don't think I'd have nearly enough scrolls for this though)
damn the flask thing seems usefull:p
Unidentified items give you transmutation shards. Identified items give you alteration shards, which are worth more. Also, identified items with 6 magic properties give you orbs of augmentation.

You can find all the recipes and values here: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_Recipes

Sarcasm

I think the percentage is for currency items. The rarity of the items depends on your increased rarity stat.

Unidentified items give you transmutation shards. Identified items give you alteration shards, which are worth more. Also, identified items with 6 magic properties give you orbs of augmentation.

You can find all the recipes and values here: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_Recipes

I have low IQ I don't understand half of that stuff.

A three linked item with each socket of different color gives you a chromatic, the npc vendors starts selling then after level 15+.

spirity

Ever since the game went to Steam, its been a bit glitchy for me. There's a 50/50 chance it will crash when I try to log out now.

Haven't found one of those (perhaps someone could sell me one)
Till what level is quill rain worth using ? Is it worth swapping to a higher lvl rare bow after a while? (my archer is lvl 24)

If you go explosive arrow, you use quill rain through the whole game. You don't care about bow damage, just the speed of the attacks.

Seanspeed

Banned
Just realized this is a Free-to-play game.

I enjoy loot games, but I don't get into them as hardcore as a lot of people do. I prefer to just play alone, maybe do one or two playthroughs and don't do a ton of grinding for rare, uber equipment.

Is this game still up my alley?

spirity

I enjoy loot games, but I don't get into them as hardcore as a lot of people do. I prefer to just play alone, maybe do one or two playthroughs and don't do a ton of grinding for rare, uber equipment.

Yes. It is a little bit more involved and deeper than you might be used to with recent loot games, but you can easily play it through solo. You might find the end game maps a bit of a challenge if your gear is completely self found however.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I got a n00b questions about the new leagues.

What happens to the stash items of the characters in Nemesis, when the league ends?
You'll likely keep them and they move to standard items. You'll have a read only tab that you can only withdraw for and not put in is my guess.

It happened when the game went to 1.0. You'd have 2 '1' tabs with one of them as read only

Alienups

So i came back after a break and now im having a lot of trouble in act 3 cruel when it comes to survivability. So im thinking of getting an "Endurance Charge on Melee Stun" gem. Would it help a lot yes/no ?

Quixzlizx

So i came back after a break and now im having a lot of trouble in act 3 cruel when it comes to survivability. So im thinking of getting an "Endurance Charge on Melee Stun" gem. Would it help a lot yes/no ?

I don't know what your current setup is, but a Life on Hit/Life Leech gem would probably help more.

Perkel

Banned

i play 99% of my time solo.

Game is created with solo in mind

Kammie

Holy crap, Temple of Lunaris and Sceptre of God are ridiculous in difficulty on normal if playing solo. The difficulty jump was just insane. Just for curiosity's sake I had bought some Life Leech and Life Gain on Hit gems earlier today, and I can't imagine trying to solo this without them.

I also tried my first 6-man run... there was so much shit on the screen I couldn't even see who I was attacking, pretty much I was just clicking randomly. Six party members is just overkill...

zon

Holy crap, Temple of Lunaris and Sceptre of God are ridiculous in difficulty on normal if playing solo. The difficulty jump was just insane. Just for curiosity's sake I had bought some Life Leech and Life Gain on Hit gems earlier today, and I can't imagine trying to solo this without them.

I also tried my first 6-man run... there was so much shit on the screen I couldn't even see who I was attacking, pretty much I was just clicking randomly. Six party members is just overkill...

Bro, you're always supposed to run life leech

Got a greater multiple projectiles, about 8 mana leech per hit from items , some better mana flasks and now the quill rain is working out better.
It's pretty fun to gather up several groups of enemies and blow them all away, this spec seems to work well in groups too.

When using quill rain, what do you normally do for single target dmg ? (bosses without adds etc), Im using poison arrow atm and it works ok but wondering if there's any better option.

difficulty really goes up at the end of act 3, the gardens were kicking my ass solo.

it seems rather difficult to find the items you need by chance, I ended up just buying them from the vendor and upgrading them myself till I found something good.

Kind of with this game had a sort of starter pack where you spend 20 euros or w/e and get a discount on char slots/stash tabs etc, seems like I'll end up buying a whole lot of stash tabs.

How many character slots do you get by default?

Kammie

Bro, you're always supposed to run life leech
From looking at people like Kripp play, that I knew. I just wanted to see how it would play at this point in the game, and found it interesting that it seems I wouldn't be able to get through things without it.

Top Bottom