• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I rerolled Scion yesterday with the intent of making some kind of neat hybrid summoner / archer thing.

I ended up just getting a two hander and using Spectral weapon...that skill is just too fucking good how have I never used this?!

garath

I rerolled Scion yesterday with the intent of making some kind of neat hybrid summoner / archer thing.

I ended up just getting a two hander and using Spectral weapon...that skill is just too fucking good how have I never used this?!

It's pretty sick. I just got LMP with it so now I have Spectral Throw with added fire and LMP. My 2h hammer spam just demolishes groups of mobs.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
It's pretty sick. I just got LMP with it so now I have Spectral Throw with added fire and LMP. My 2h hammer spam just demolishes groups of mobs.

Hahaha that's exactly what I'm doing! I just threw on added lightning damage, LMP and Spectral Throw on my 2 handed sword, took a bunch of mana regen stuff and attack speed and I just make it rain swords. I always think about adding something else to the character but I can't think of any other skills that'd help out for now, maybe a bear trap?

I'm gunning for 2 handed weapon bonus damage right now and then going after Iron Grip.

garath

Hahaha that's exactly what I'm doing! I just threw on added lightning damage, LMP and Spectral Throw on my 2 handed sword, took a bunch of mana regen stuff and attack speed and I just make it rain swords. I always think about adding something else to the character but I can't think of any other skills that'd help out for now, maybe a bear trap?

I'm gunning for 2 handed weapon bonus damage right now and then going after Iron Grip.

I have bear trap. It's pretty useless. I want a taunting totem. I think that would be the best compliment. The one skill I use with it that is pretty handy is leap slam. Mobility mostly. Jump into or out of danger while the swords are flying.

A lot of people seem to think Reave is underpowered. I agreed until I got a multistrike support gem in it. Now it reaches its max buff incredibly quickly and absolutely destroys! It feels like freezing pulse, but you can make it much faster due to the fact that it's melee, plus you can leech life/mana which I prefer over regen.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I have bear trap. It's pretty useless. I want a taunting totem. I think that would be the best compliment. The one skill I use with it that is pretty handy is leap slam. Mobility mostly. Jump into or out of danger while the swords are flying.

Ooooh taunting totem definitely sounds good, same with leap slam, I'll have to consider it.

My idea for a build feels messy but I think it could work well.

I dont know if I want to get the elemental damage though, the idea is to just keep spamming spectral throw as long as possible.

inky

A lot of people seem to think Reave is underpowered. I agreed until I got a multistrike support gem in it. Now it reaches its max buff incredibly quickly and absolutely destroys! It feels like freezing pulse, but you can make it much faster due to the fact that it's melee, plus you can leech life/mana which I prefer over regen.

I'm using Reave with my current build (sword+shield block templar) but getting multistrike in Nemesis is actually quite expensive >.< You really need faster attacks as well to make it shine.

Tom Penny

Multistrike is the best melee gem by far. Well worth trying to buy one for a couple of chaos is you didn't have one drop. Attack speed becomes nuts. One of my lighting strike builds was doing like 9 hits per seconds :) Multistrike / faster attacks / main attack are my go to combo then you add fire damage or weapon elemental and and watch DPS fly up.

Spectral throw is too good. I've been crushing with just an old unique 2h weapon. Can't wait to get a good 2h that is 400+ dps.

I'm using Reave with my current build (sword+shield block templar) but getting multistrike in Nemesis is actually quite expensive >.< You really need faster attacks as well to make it shine.

Not sure if you're aware, but you do get multisrike as a quest reward at the end of merciless now, which means that prices will eventually go down when more people have gotten that far. But yea, I'm sure it'll still be somewhat difficult to get in Nemesis.

Multistrike is the best melee gem by far. Well worth trying to buy one for a couple of chaos is you didn't have one drop. Attack speed becomes nuts. One of my lighting strike builds was doing like 9 hits per seconds :) Multistrike / faster attacks / main attack are my go to combo then you add fire damage or weapon elemental and and watch DPS fly up.

Spectral throw is too good. I've been crushing with just an old unique 2h weapon. Can't wait to get a good 2h that is 400+ dps.

Yep, unfortunately it's going for a lot more than that right now, even in domination. I got it for a gcp + 1 chaos. If you got it for 2 chaos then props to your bartering skills

inky

Not sure if you're aware, but you do get multisrike as a quest reward at the end of merciless now, which means that prices will eventually go down when more people have gotten that far. But yea, I'm sure it'll still be somewhat difficult to get in Nemesis.

I wasn't aware, thanks.

Not like I'm getting there anytime soon.

garath

Ooooh taunting totem definitely sounds good, same with leap slam, I'll have to consider it.

My idea for a build feels messy but I think it could work well.

I dont know if I want to get the elemental damage though, the idea is to just keep spamming spectral throw as long as possible.

Yeah.. looks a little messy :) Need a little more focus imo. Mind you, I'm not very min/max yet and I'm just now getting back into the game after a couple months away from the beta but what I'm seeing is the need for a little more specialization. You have some int nodes and probably too much mana regen. With potions you shouldn't have problems maintaining ST spam.

I'm planning on a phys damage/life 2h ST build. Haven't decided on a weapon type yet. Leaning toward sword for the extra accuracy.

My build

garath

Well you can grab resolute technique and never miss but won't do critical damage.

I guess I need clarification on that. It doesn't say never miss. It says enemy never dodges. If it is what it says, I can still miss.

Typical game rolls -> Roll for hit or miss, then roll for enemy evade, then roll for mitigation, then apply damage.

But I don't know the exact Path of Exile mechanic.

edit: well according to the wiki it is just a flat "never miss". Worthy pickup then.

the wiki said:
Resolute Technique is a keystone passive skill that will raise the chance to hit to 100%, ignoring all accuracy and evasion stats of the attacker and defender respectively, at the cost of reducing the attacker's global critical chance to 0%.

Rufus

Enemies can still block your hits, but the kind of enemy that can block a lot of hits is rare. Generally you'll notice yourself doing a lot more damage when you go RT, but it's not something you should pick up just because.

Tom Penny

Enemies can still block your hits, but the kind of enemy that can block a lot of hits is rare. Generally you'll notice yourself doing a lot more damage when you go RT, but it's not something you should pick up just because.

Well if you are not doing a crit build I don't know why you wouldn't pick it up. It prevents you from one shotting yourself against reflect pretty often.

If you aren't going resolute technique, then you are going to miss a lot of your hits if you don't stack accuracy and dex. Unfortunately, the resolute technique gem is too good and hard to pass up on. GGG needs to improve upon this a little because I almost feel forced to take it.

Which brings me to my biggest gripe. Because you go RT, you can't crit. There is a lack of melee crit builds out there because they are inferior to cast and bow crit builds.

Sciz

Oh geez, that quest has all the cool stuff. That's going to be a hard choice.

If you aren't going resolute technique, then you are going to miss a lot of your hits if you don't stack accuracy and dex. Unfortunately, the resolute technique gem is too good and hard to pass up on. GGG needs to improve upon this a little because I almost feel forced to take it.

Which brings me to my biggest gripe. Because you go RT, you can't crit. There is a lack of melee crit builds out there because they are inferior to cast and bow crit builds.

You know there's a resolute technique keystone, right? I'm working on a dual wield dagger crit strike shadow, it seems to be working well actually. When I have my 4 power charges I'm already almost doing 50 percent crit chance and I'm only lvl 40.

I was referring to the key stone node as I am not aware (and do not believe) that there is an RT gem.

Ah, gotcha. Yea, I wasn't aware of one.

I made a witch and speccing summoner
this build
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-...a3eL344TkIuaB6rrrY-vk6-7sGOw47IryHvfX-oD60g==

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to play/gear it though

once my minions die on bosses I'm gimped, also not sure what spells to use.
I made it to act 2 on normal in the league thingy, found a support gem to give my minions more hp and an aura that gives them lightning dmg on hit.

Spells only drop very rarely (nothing useful really)
are you supposed to manually summon your zombies one by one, over and over with this build? It's tedious
I hoped there would be some way to autosummon/proc summon them or to have some cool corpse explosion or something to synergise but haven't come across anything that makes this build click for me.

Ferrio

Banned
this build
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-...a3eL344TkIuaB6rrrY-vk6-7sGOw47IryHvfX-oD60g==

I made it to act 2 on normal in the league thingy, found a support gem to give my minions more hp and an aura that gives them lightning dmg on hit.

are you supposed to manually summon your zombies one by one, over and over with this build? It's tedious
I hoped there would be some way to autosummon/proc summon them or to have some cool corpse explosion or something to synergise but haven't come across anything that makes this build click for me.

There is not sure how good they'd be with a summoning build though.

inky

this build

That's similar to my Scion build I died with yesterday. Yes, the early levels for a summoner are slower in general, and some boss fights are kind of a mess. I used Ice Nova and Firestorm as spells to complement my build and, early on, to deal most of the damage.

There is a way to auto-summon, it is called spell totem: it will cast the linked spell, which in your case will be the summons.The minion instability Keystone will take care of the explosion part (minions explode at low health). It depends on how you support your summon spells, but basically, Zombies are your tanky summons, Skeletons are your damage dealers and Spectres are your variety. When there are no corpses to summon Zombies, you should be spamming skeletons on top of the bosses. They will aggro it and deal damage at the same time. You can also have a few other totems pull aggro and give you a chance to move around and summon some more.

As for gear, you'll mostly want mana and survivability early on, and later on your emphasis will be on Energy Shield, Resists, movement speed and socketing and linking your gear so your summons are more durable, faster and powerful. Most (if not all) of the damage will come from them. There's a few uniques that would help as well giving you more summons or boosts.

spirity

What is the general farming spots and level ranges? I been farming the ledge forever lol

Ledge, docks, fellshrine, sarn. I couldn't tell you the lvl ranges though, usually when I farm an area its when I come across it and only for a couple of levels.

Ledge, docks, fellshrine, sarn. I couldn't tell you the lvl ranges though, usually when I farm an area its when I come across it and only for a couple of levels.

Can't you only get gear that is at most 2 levels over an area?

Besides farming docks to get good gear for the bosses in act 3, that is my guideline.

Sarcasm

Got booted from the game with 99ms..to be put in a 4K queue.

Whats worse was I was looking for a waypoint in the Climb....=(

Second rare with nemisis mod..to drop two white items.

Kammie

Does Split Arrow work with Pierce? I'm trying it out and I honestly can't tell the difference, since the Split Arrow animation goes through all models anyway.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
So according to that I have a 97.7% drop rate...higher is better right?

Than why all those white items for every rare....

Bad luck.

My actual level 23 Scion

Is completely random. I got a unique with a GAF member in Ledge and other one in Fellshine ruins.

And from 1 to 55 1 in all the way.

Ketch

Can I get an invite to the GAF guild? I asked for one a couple days ago but never got it. Character name: Omni_Ketch, I'm in the nemesis league if it matters

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
I will invite to the guild in 5 hours if some one dont do before me.

inky

So according to that I have a 97.7% drop rate...higher is better right?

Than why all those white items for every rare....

I think the percentage is for currency items. The rarity of the items depends on your increased rarity stat.

Top Bottom