• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

Naeblish

I'm loving the high HP/HP-regen/Blood magic build im running with my templar. Not having to check my mana is such a fun way of playing the game, just almost endlessly spamming those skills. I can recommend it to any beginner.

Sarcasm

I'm loving the high HP/HP-regen/Blood magic build im running with my templar. Not having to check my mana is such a fun way of playing the game, just almost endlessly spamming those skills. I can recommend it to any beginner.

Can you share your build?
If posted here already sorry on phone at work.

Perkel

Banned
I cant believe that he even wanted to that. What a shitty, disgusting move it would have been. Not becasue it might "hurt D3" (only D3 is capable of hurting D3, thanks), but because you do not go to a Coca Cola convention while wearing a Pepsi t-shirt if you are going to be on the main stage. Quite self-explanatory.

Who cares about t-shirt ?

I first buy KFC hot wings + their fries then i usually go to McDonalds and buy Big Mac and eat this combo at McDonalds.

No one gives a shit.

They should be happy he even wanted to go there in first place. Because he is their consumer. Who paid them money.

Naeblish

Can you share your build?
If posted here already sorry on phone at work.
It's basically this very popular build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73072

Here is my build so far (only in act 1 cruel):
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-...sqq9sud3E9sWKxtjSIdSP2WHfv-dS7w7wH_Iv9kj3vg==

I'm not speccing into maces like he does, because i like to keep my options open. Just sticking to 2-handers. I also really like spectral throw, that's why i took iron grip. I do think you need life on hit support gem on your main attack, or life regen on a few items to keep you HP up.

I cant believe that he even wanted to that. What a shitty, disgusting move it would have been. Not becasue it might "hurt D3" (only D3 is capable of hurting D3, thanks), but because you do not go to a Coca Cola convention while wearing a Pepsi t-shirt if you are going to be on the main stage. Quite self-explanatory.

Joke post? lol

OT:
Does lightning arrow scale better with added cold/lightning/fire damage on a bow than with physical dmg? or do the elemental resistances on many enemies in merciless negate that?

I'm looking to buy a buy to swap to lightning arrow, I guess I should buy at least a 5 socket?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/566051
would the bow listed here (rift wing thicket bow) be a good bow to get for LA ranger?

KKRT00

Also, it's worth noting, I have a TS server I'm sure some of you can hop on, no problem.

We need to get some larger MF gangs going, AND DO SOME WORK!

If your down, just PM/add me in game: Busta_SMurk, my current Nemesis characters are: SMurkadurka, Morddeth, and Rhondatheblondewander. I'll relay the info. We do play on EST server's most of the time, but we make some compromise, we should be able to all play under 200ms.

Playing this game alone is boring. Join DA PAAAAAARTAAAY.

I plan to smash act 3 out this weekend, and rush to the ledge/fellshrine/docks/catacombs for loot runs.
We played together yesterday and it was fun. More GAFers must party up, but it will be probably more frequent on Merciless :)

---

Its HS tournament, not Diablo 3 tournament and even then, its just a shirt.

How do you guys balance defensive nodes while building?

I'm a Lv31 Evasion Crit Lightning Arrow Ranger right now and have 403HP with zero life nodes. Without my items it'll be 320ish. I could spend my next 3 nodes on Life to bump it to 520ish. I'm not having a *difficult* time, and close calls are rare. I'm only playing on SC but I wanna know how HC players would approach it.

Right now I have 50% dodge chance on top of the 30% from acrobatics.

zon

How do you guys balance defensive nodes while building?

I'm a Lv31 Evasion Crit Lightning Arrow Ranger right now and have 403HP with zero life nodes. Without my items it'll be 320ish. I could spend my next 3 nodes on Life to bump it to 520ish. I'm not having a *difficult* time, and close calls are rare. I'm only playing on SC but I wanna know how HC players would approach it.

Right now I have 50% dodge chance on top of the 30% from acrobatics.

I played on Nemesis (HC), my character had 2.2k life and 67 lightning resist. I lost 90% of my health in one second thanks to lightning traps.

In HC you can never have enough life.

ys45

Man , I'm at Merciless now (act 3 lvl 61 Shadow) I need to rush to the dock so i can start farming in group because Im seriously getting owned by everything .

I have not enough HP (1400 something) my ES suck (24) my DPS with reave is only 1200 and double strike is also around 1200

I need new gears but I have been very unlucky so far :(

Anyone got tips for me ?

I use Claw life leech/mana leech and a shield based on evasion with grace aura im around 60% of evasion + dodge

Heres my build so far :

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABLEFtQX5DI0NSQ5IEZYV8BX9Fr8a2x4aIuok_SaVJ6koKjBUMHEwfDIBOkI94kBVSO5LeExgUUdVS2HiYetnHmp-bXtvV3BScLt_K3_Gh9uMNo19jb-VZplXmyajiqZ_pzSqf6q4sbOyGbTFtUi308BRxqLN6s961CPWB9aK18vdqN7244TnVOd06NbtQe1276Dz6v-T

There was a point in time wearing a PoE t-shirt wouldn't have mattered at all. We now know what D3 is like, and for most of us PoE is more a successor to D2 than D3. I view this as a positive for PoE. I'm quite sure if the reverse were to take play (someone wearing a D2 shit at a PoE convention) that no one would really give a shit.

KKRT00

I think that more people would play Hardcore mode if You could die 3 times, not once and You could extend it by new type of currency, which would be rarer than exalted/ethereal, but not as much as mirror.

garath

I think that more people would play Hardcore mode if You could die 3 times, not once and You could extend it by new type of currency, which would be rarer than exalted/ethereal, but not as much as mirror.

That's actually a really cool idea. My main motivation for not playing hardcore is playing with my friends. If we're just chugging along, having a good time and someone dies.... well, playtime over. :(

That's actually a really cool idea. My main motivation for not playing hardcore is playing with my friends. If we're just chugging along, having a good time and someone dies.... well, playtime over. :(

Yeah, hardcore is not for playing with IRL friends. Someone usually always dies, and then it is time to shelf the game. That just defeats the whole purpose of playing with friends online if it isn't fun.

I agree 100%. I do not agree with the currency to continue playing HC if you die though. It is already silly enough that softcore standard has to suffer the influx of dead characters from the new hardcore leagues and the merger of the new softcore league at seasons.

KKRT00

Yeah, hardcore is not for playing with IRL friends. Someone usually always dies, and then it is time to shelf the game. That just defeats the whole purpose of playing with friends online if it isn't fun.

I agree 100%. I do not agree with the currency to continue playing HC if you die though. It is already silly enough that softcore standard has to suffer the influx of dead characters from the new hardcore leagues and the merger of the new softcore league at seasons.

You couldnt use currency from SC on that, You would have it for example in inventory or use it on Your character prior to death.

V_Arnold

There was a point in time wearing a PoE t-shirt wouldn't have mattered at all. We now know what D3 is like, and for most of us PoE is more a successor to D2 than D3. I view this as a positive for PoE. I'm quite sure if the reverse were to take play (someone wearing a D2 shit at a PoE convention) that no one would really give a shit.

Except that it is not just "someone" wearing a shirt, or Perkel eating a BigMac in a KFC.
It is a showmatch and a celebrity in an event that celebrates Blizzard games. I would show there up in tuxedos if they want me to, even though I hate wearing them. I would not show up with a RIFT shirt, a POE shirt, or I would not wear a GRIMDAWN.com legging. I would not go in with a pullover saying "WoW stole from Warhammer, yo", and I consider all this basic, sensible behavior.

And yes, if it were a PoE event, and I were asked to talk about something on the big stage, I would not wear a "Zoltan Khulle was right" t-shirt either. I would wear whatever is appropriate there.

Tom Penny

Dumb question. I've played standard in Beta for a long time. In domination if you die were does your gear go? If you start another character is there stuff in your stash? I guess same question for Nemesis.

inky

Dumb question. I've played standard in Beta for a long time. In domination if you die were does your gear go? If you start another character is there stuff in your stash? I guess same question for Nemesis.

There's 4 leagues right now: Standard, Hardcore, Domination and Nemesis. If you die in Domination you stay there. At the end of the league your character(s) and stash is moved to the Standard league. If you die in Nemesis, your character (including its inventory) is moved to Standard. At the end of the league, if you survived, your character(s) and stash is moved to regular Hardcore.

Tom Penny

There's 4 leagues right now: Standard, Hardcore, Domination and Nemesis. If you die in Domination you stay there. At the end of the league your character(s) and stash is moved to the Standard league. If you die in Nemesis, your character (including its inventory) is moved to Standard. At the end of the league, if you survived, your character(s) and stash is moved to regular Hardcore.

Oh. Didn't know in domination you stay there until the league ends. Will work on a new build soon :)

My archer isn't working out, the build I went for doesn't have enough damage.

Can anyone suggest a fun build that works for beginners (not rich) and can do maps at endgame? nothing too flavor of the month op because that will just get nerfed

garath

My archer isn't working out, the build I went for doesn't have enough damage.

Can anyone suggest a fun build that works for beginners (not rich) and can do maps at endgame? nothing too flavor of the month op because that will just get nerfed

I've been having a blast with my two hander Spectral throw build. The game is borderlined easy. ST might get a nerf but I'm hearing some other builds are much stronger anyways. I was poor since it was my first Domination char. Been working out quite well. I'm Act 3 in cruel and chugging right along. I died once on Dominus because I didn't know about the blood rain. I do not play safe at all. I prefer running around collecting as many mobs as possible and slaughtering them on my straight run through content.

I'm going to start a shadow crit dagger evasion build next. After that possibly a witch fire build.

Except that it is not just "someone" wearing a shirt, or Perkel eating a BigMac in a KFC.
It is a showmatch and a celebrity in an event that celebrates Blizzard games. I would show there up in tuxedos if they want me to, even though I hate wearing them. I would not show up with a RIFT shirt, a POE shirt, or I would not wear a GRIMDAWN.com legging. I would not go in with a pullover saying "WoW stole from Warhammer, yo", and I consider all this basic, sensible behavior.

And yes, if it were a PoE event, and I were asked to talk about something on the big stage, I would not wear a "Zoltan Khulle was right" t-shirt either. I would wear whatever is appropriate there.

Okay, I hear you. It is more a matter of class and taste.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
FUCK YOU CALIGA!!!!!!!!!!

I was in a group with like 12 minions, they all charges toward him, next thing I know the screen is full of lighting. Some of them crit :(

I knew I should had went back to town to max my lightning resist when we hit the third floor.

I was in a group with like 12 minions, they all charges toward him, next thing I know the screen is full of lighting. Some of them crit :(

I knew I should had went back to town to max my lightning resist when we hit the third floor.

Sometimes it takes the hardway to learn these things :-/ I had that same lesson too.

I've been having a blast with my two hander Spectral throw build. The game is borderlined easy. ST might get a nerf but I'm hearing some other builds are much stronger anyways. I was poor since it was my first Domination char. Been working out quite well. I'm Act 3 in cruel and chugging right along. I died once on Dominus because I didn't know about the blood rain. I do not play safe at all. I prefer running around collecting as many mobs as possible and slaughtering them on my straight run through content.

I'm going to start a shadow crit dagger evasion build next. After that possibly a witch fire build.

Ye i've been playing a scion a bit too (rushing through normal atm almost at the final act3 boss) and it's really easy with spectral throw
I'm 5 levels underleveled using 2 panic potions and just running past everything only stopping for rare mobs or huge packs of enemies.
Stuff dies very fast.
It gets boring fast though to just spam one button.

how do you see if an ability crits? there are no damage numbers in this game

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

When the damage suddenly spike like no tomorrow :( The trap keep chipping me off at while I run away from caliga with flask, then suddenly I got 100%-0% by the next trap trigger.

Kettch

For elemental damage, a critical will give you the Shocked effect from lightning, Burn effect from fire and Freeze effect from cold. So if you notice that effect on your character or at the top left, you know you got crit. For physical damage there is no effect, but you can sometimes tell when you take a huge amount of damage. :p

Some enemies can give those effects without criticals, but they'll tell you on their list of abilities.

Normal mode as summoner with a really dull build, way to show off the game...
Seems he didn't get to cruel or merciless either.

He made it look sooooooo boring.

In my opinion, there are two types of people that will play this game. Those that enjoy Loot-based ARPGs and wont give a shit how boring normal mode looks because they are already used to the "real" game beginning in New Game + Modes, and those who have never played an loot-based ARPG and will give it a try because it is free to play and decide whether they want to play beyond Normal mode or not.

The people that look at that video and say "Meh, that looks boring, not interested" would never even try the game in the first place in my opinion.

KKRT00

Rarity: Rare
Cataclysm Edge
Abyssal Axe
--------
Two Handed Axe
Physical Damage: 166-265 (augmented)
Elemental Damage: 21-37 (augmented)
Critical Strike Chance: 5%
Attacks per Second: 1.20
--------
Requirements:
Level: 55
Str: 128
Dex: 60
--------
Sockets: R
--------
Itemlevel: 55
--------
80% increased Physical Damage
Adds 16-33 Physical Damage
Adds 21-37 Cold Damage
+12% to Cold Resistance
+1 Mana Gained on Kill

--
I have this for sell on Nemesis. I want 3 chaos :)
I would have used it myself, but i'm speced to swords.

Sarcasm

I just found out that Garena will publish PoE in our region. It depressed me so much until I read that GGG will not IP lock us. Thank heavens. No wonder the steamdb's list of regions locked were peculiar.

WIll this fix my latency (MS)?

I live in Taiwan. Singapore = 400ms solo. Australia is better solo @ 166ms. In a group and on a good day 300MS, bad 1800.

I don't really understand when other games I played before like WoW which was an Eastern Server I had 120MS.

Awww yissssssss.

Got to Merciless tonight, did some ledge farming, bought some gear, and tweaked some things. Ended up picked up Iron Reflexes. Hahaha, with my Endurance Charges up, Molten Shell, Grace that my buddy uses, and Determination, I have crazy armor.

xClUSxR.jpg

WIll this fix my latency (MS)?

I live in Taiwan. Singapore = 400ms solo. Australia is better solo @ 166ms. In a group and on a good day 300MS, bad 1800.

I don't really understand when other games I played before like WoW which was an Eastern Server I had 120MS.

It's odd that you get that ping on Singapore.

From what I've read, it's just Singapore and Malaysia for now.

Top Bottom