• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

Card Boy

Banned
Awww yissssssss.

Got to Merciless tonight, did some ledge farming, bought some gear, and tweaked some things. Ended up picked up Iron Reflexes. Hahaha, with my Endurance Charges up, Molten Shell, Grace that my buddy uses, and Determination, I have crazy armor.

Jesus fuck. I have like 680 DSP at level 52, I have shit loot.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Still running my first character, up to act 3 in cruel

2H Mace Marauder, no idea what I'm doing

My build

Anything about that look really wrong? Any tips? (I currently have about 8 passive respec points or whatever I can use to go back)

Rufus

Domination or Nemesis?

My adjustments are extensive and more HC minded because that's what I'm used to. I also don't know what skills you use, so it's somewhat generic. I went with an emphasis on Life and more Life Regen since you're BM. I also picked up Blood Drinker (2% Life Leech) because of it. When you get BM gems I would use those, spec out of BM and run an aura (Hatred or Anger, Hatred only if you can get the needed Int on gear) on Mana, then aim for two (Determination) once you get your hands on Reduced Mana gems.
The resist nodes aren't very good since you can get them on gear easily enough. Only the all-res nodes (particularly Diamond Flesh in the Duelist's tree) are good. This is what I have so far:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-...62E3YjHaePIFvBLMCcRRN8B-iADrh8kX-CqxZiPHnYw==

Spent 91 points, which is obtainable by lvl 75 or so. I would go down to the Duelist tree frist, then Templar, then the Life wheel near the Scion.

What skills are you using? If you use Ground Slam, consider Amplify in the Templar tree for more AoE size and damage.

More like Kripp being immature.
Eh, it's perhaps a little tactless, but it's also disappointing how humourless they are about it.

nofunallowed.jpg

Sciz

Anything about that look really wrong? Any tips? (I currently have about 8 passive respec points or whatever I can use to go back)

Once you get a decent amount of life leech on gear, ditch those life on hit/kill nodes, they're pretty weak in the long run. And since you've got RT, that 6% damage/8% accuracy mace node at the bottom isn't doing much for you at all. Taking all the 15% resist nodes isn't commonly suggested either, but it's hardly a bad idea and you've probably already noticed how it frees up your gearing options, so don't sweat it.

Kammie

What is the easiest way to get Alchemy orbs? From what I see there's two recipes. Two or three rares with the same "name" (not just base item), or the same base item in white, magic, and rare, either 20% or 20%/unidentified.

Both seem tough as hell to get, and require tons of stash space.

Or will the orbs start dropping more in endgame?

I had great luck getting chaos and alchemy orbs, but that was up until about the end of Act 2 (had probably 10 of each or so). I'm almost on Act 3 Cruel right now, and I haven't seen squat since!

Also, funny how I've already spent $30 on this game. It's like the third highest amount I've spent on any PC game. And it'll probably keep going up since I want more than the 11 tabs of stash space I have.

KKRT00

What is the easiest way to get Alchemy orbs? From what I see there's two recipes. Two or three rares with the same "name" (not just base item), or the same base item in white, magic, and rare, either 20% or 20%/unidentified.

Both seem tough as hell to get, and require tons of stash space.

Or will the orbs start dropping more in endgame?

By id'ing blues. But i just farm :p

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Once you get a decent amount of life leech on gear, ditch those life on hit/kill nodes, they're pretty weak in the long run. And since you've got RT, that 6% damage/8% accuracy mace node at the bottom isn't doing much for you at all. Taking all the 15% resist nodes isn't commonly suggested either, but it's hardly a bad idea and you've probably already noticed how it frees up your gearing options, so don't sweat it.

is unwavering stance usually a good idea?

KKRT00

I've been IDing blues and rares for like 40 hours and I barely got enough shards for maybe 2 alch orbs at best. T_T

Edit: I'll try farming Merveil, see how that goes.

I farm Sarn/Docks. You not only get rares/uniques, but gems, orbs and flasks and what the most important - 6 socketed items.

Rufus

In case you don't know:

Make a portal at the entrance to Cavern of Anger, that's the last area before Merveil. That way you won't have to run through Cavern of Wrath (where the WP is) to get to her again. Go to Act 2 through the exit in her lair and take the WP back to town, ID and vendor stuff, then back through the portal, make a new Cavern of Anger, kill Merveil, etc.

Tom Penny

This guy :( 1 shot

PathOfExileSteam2013-11-0912-17-10-75.png

Kammie

In case you don't know:

Make a portal at the entrance to Cavern of Anger, that's the last area before Merveil. That way you won't have to run through Cavern of Wrath (where the WP is) to get to her again. Go to Act 2 through the exit in her lair and take the WP back to town, ID and vendor stuff, then back through the portal, make a new Cavern of Anger, kill Merveil, etc.
Does this really work??? I'd read that to farm a boss you had to reset the instance of the area previous to it.

Anyway, for all my complaining, I got two Chaos orbs like 30 seconds apart from each other. lol.

Taking a break, desync is so bad that enemies refuse to die and just walk around on empty health bars.

Gothos

Does this really work??? I'd read that to farm a boss you had to reset the instance of the area previous to it.

Anyway, for all my complaining, I got two Chaos orbs like 30 seconds apart from each other. lol.

Taking a break, desync is so bad that enemies refuse to die and just walk around on empty health bars.

It doesn't work, you have to reset the whole cavern level leading to the Marveil lair.

Kammie

Man, I am getting slaughtered due to the -20% elemental defense on Cruel. How do people even play on Merciless with the -60%??? There's just no way to get your resistances up high enough.

Man, I am getting slaughtered due to the -20% elemental defense on Cruel. How do people even play on Merciless with the -60%??? There's just no way to get your resistances up high enough.

Yes there is. It's actually very easy. Need to get gear with resists, maybe get a few passives if need be and purity is always an option.

garath

I'm pretty close to the cap on cruel. Only my fire is around 45% (oh and that nasty chaos isn't anywhere near cap). I'm going to need an overhaul for merciless though. Act 3 cruel is finally starting to pose more of a challenge than stand there and spam spectral throw.

I have two 30% rare resist rings with a second resist on one and an all elemental resist on the other. I have a couple resist nodes in passive. The rest of my gear has 15-25% resist of something on most.

J. Bravo

Does anyone have a couple of good daggers I could borrow around lvl 30? I'm bout to start putting points into dagger skills for my spectral throw shadow. Which, btw, is super dope. Especially now that I got LMP haha.

Take a few passives for resists, theres a few very good ones in the tree
I also take the 8 resist from bandits on normal , it helps so much while leveling and they'll add bandit respec in a while anyhow

You should also always have 3-4 extra rings in your inventory , I always carry some rings with high resists of each kind just for those few bosses/special mobs that require capped resists.

On another topic:
Man scion with spectral throw is OP as hell
I got from act 1 normal to act 1 (nearly at merveil) merciless in about 8 hours
Just been running through every map ignoring enemies , joining groups so i can have a teleport up to the boss/objective

Went to fetid pool and the flooded depths while I was 10 levels below the map level and still crushed everything due to sheer damage and lifesteal (and the insane amount of armor you get from the passive tree)
Only died once (in flooded depths) and that was because I forgot to swap my rings and went in with -5 frost resist and died while frozen:p

My archer was always 2-4 levels overleveled and could not man tank AT ALL in act1 merciless (despite 2800 hp)

A good build and 4 link gear and the right flasks makes a huge, huge, huuuge difference

Didn't take blood magic, using hatred aura for the frost dmg bonus, not one mana node or regen node leaves me with 70 mana
my curse (warlord's mark) costs 45 mana (I need a cast on damage taken gem)
using spectral throw + life on hit + LMP + faster attacks which puts it at 25 mana cost (for single target I use double strike with life and mana leech and melee physical dmg)

So I get < 3 casts before I burn through my mana pool but because of:
-warlords' mark curse granting 4 percent mana leech
-both my life flasks having craving suffix (2 percent of dmg leeched as mana)
-a ring with 1 percent mana leech
I never go oom and can make do with only one mana potion

It's so nice to be able to use two quicksilver flasks, combined with the warlord's curse refilling flasks (and some good 25 percent speed boots) I get to run at insane speed 90 percent of the time.
Life on hit + spectral throw + very high attack speed from build means I can use the life flasks just for the mana leech passive (and emergencies)

Pretty happy with this synergy
Now I just need a cast on dmg taken so I can use Enduring Cry, Immortal Call and Molten Shell

Kammie

Thanks for the tips, guys.

You should also always have 3-4 extra rings in your inventory , I always carry some rings with high resists of each kind just for those few bosses/special mobs that require capped resists.
I kind of screwed myself over because I can't even change rings at the moment. I overleveled my gems so if I switch any gear, I'm either lacking for strength or intelligence.

Now I'm trying to grind a bit to get a few strength/intelligence nodes... but I keep dying. lol.

How the heck am I supposed to counter an orange mob that throws bear traps and kills me in two shots? Is there any way to escape them?

Rufus

I think you're misunderstanding.

Cavern of Wrath (WP) -> Cavern of Anger -> Merveil's Lair -> Act 2 Forest (WP).

I need to work on my verbosity, I think...

Kammie

Take a few passives for resists, theres a few very good ones in the tree
I also take the 8 resist from bandits on normal , it helps so much while leveling and they'll add bandit respec in a while anyhow
How does this look with the resists I've thrown in there?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-...P5BGnXElRfysx-nb3yqnWivF2napirNadIXbAUXDVcFI=

Main attack will be Lightning Arrow, which will be using a Blood Magic gem (just bought it... now just need a five-link piece of gear T_T ). I tried to get crit, elemental damage, and whatever life was in the way.

I'm very tempted to get Phase Acrobatics (30% chance to dodge magic attacks) but it's five points to get there. Is it worth it considering how much crap is flying through the air anyways? I could always sacrifice some crit for it.

Premium Stash bundle is the daily deal today. 75 point saving.
I wish they'd done that a week earlier, I just bought 6 regular tabs :p

How does this look with the resists I've thrown in there?

Main attack will be Lightning Arrow, which will be using a Blood Magic gem (just bought it... now just need a five-link piece of gear T_T ). I tried to get crit, elemental damage, and whatever life was in the way.

I'm very tempted to get Phase Acrobatics (30% chance to dodge magic attacks) but it's five points to get there. Is it worth it considering how much crap is flying through the air anyways? I could always sacrifice some crit for it.

someone else will have to tell you about your build:p all I can say is that it looks 50x better than my worthless build that I followed on my archer xD
Seems there's no diamond skin/diamond flesh node along the path you took, those are +12 all resists in one node which is really nice.

Since you stayed entirely on the dex side, do you have enough str to use the gems and items you need?

Kammie

Since you stayed entirely on the dex side, do you have enough str to use the gems and items you need?
At the moment? No. lol. If I remove my helmet for example, I can't put it back on because of the jewels on it. I have to take off the jewels, put on the helmet so I get the bonus intelligence points, then put the jewel back on. I spent like five minutes not being able to re-equip my gear earlier today. :p Heck, I have a rare item I can't even equip since it doesn't have the point boost I need to keep my gems.

Anyway, eventually I'll have enough. That passive tree program says I'll have 114 strength, 124 intelligence, and 282 dexterity. I didn't look too in detail but I think the highest level 20 red gem requires about 108 strength.

Gothos

Athene is playing PoE right now. Shit is hilarious, lol... He just picked Medium Life Flask from Medicine quest instead of 17% Quicksilver. Chat went mental :D

Top Bottom