• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

Finally found something I can't solo yet in merciless, the weaver (spider boss) in act2
He just hits too hard, theres like a hundred spider adds filling the entire room (which I can deal with fine) and that endlessly respawn, they keep me from kiting him to heal back up.

I guess I could kill him by using portals to refill my flasks but ehhhh

I think not changing my gear since act2-3 cruel is catching up to me, too squishy (despite having 2800 hp)

btw what do you do with doubles/triples of skill gems? I have an entire stash tab filled with gems now it's getting silly, no idea what to do with them and I don't want to buy even more tabs (already bought 6)

Sarcasm

I honestly don't really know how to get better gear for myself. I am just so use to Grind mobs til I do..

anybody care to help/guide?

zon

Finally found something I can't solo yet in merciless, the weaver (spider boss) in act2
He just hits too hard, theres like a hundred spider adds filling the entire room (which I can deal with fine) and that endlessly respawn, they keep me from kiting him to heal back up.

I think not changing my gear since act2-3 cruel is catching up to me, too squishy (despite having 2800 hp)

btw what do you do with doubles/triples of skill gems? I have an entire stash tab filled with gems now it's getting silly, no idea what to do with them and I don't want to buy even more tabs (already bought 6)

Just because skill gems drop you don't have to pick them up. I keep one or two of each skill gem, the rest I ignore when it drops. Quality gems are always worth picking up of course.

I honestly don't really know how to get better gear for myself. I am just so use to Grind mobs til I do..

anybody care to help/guide?

Trade for currency via selling your valuable items and gems. Transform your alterations to jewelers, then jewelers to fusings, then fusings to chaos. That sort of thing. It it pain staking, but you can get the currency to afford nice items.

Join a guild. Maybe they have some decent items in their stash.

Join a weavers goup and defeat it. While it is fun trying to beat weaver, if you are playing hardcore it simply isn't worth it.

Man, the Empower support gem must be really sought after. I just traded it for a 900 armor chestpiece with 96 life, tri resist and evasion boots with 270 evasion, 60 life, added dex, high dual resist and 30 percent increased movement speed. I feel like I could easily get between 15 and 20 chaos for those two.

Just because skill gems drop you don't have to pick them up. I keep one or two of each skill gem, the rest I ignore when it drops. Quality gems are always worth picking up of course.

well aren't some of the gems (like clarity , life on hit etc) worth a chaos or at least an alch

idk which are worth much so I end up picking all of them up:p

well aren't some of the gems (like clarity , life on hit etc) worth a chaos or at least an alch

A few are worth a hell of a lot more than that. I've seen multistrikes going for 8 chaos, I sold my empower for more than that, chain is worth a good amount. Most gems that aren't given as rewards in normal are worth at least an alchemy or a chaos I'd say, if someone needs it.

zon

You're right. I was making the assumption we were talking about the basic gems like sweep, leap slam and so on.

1 chaos and up:
Reduced Mana
Greater Multiple Projectiles
Chain
Multistrike
Cast on Damage Taken
Elemental Proliferation(?)
Cast on Critical Damage(?)

LMP is worth an alc/chaos iirc.

Not sure on the rest of the gems.

Perkel

Banned
I'm running out of ID scrolls at a ridiculous rate. Any trick on how to stockpile them?

Don't ID everything. Just things you want to eventually use.
Stock small things, amulets, rings, flasks instead of two handed weapons or armor for IS scrolls.

Tom Penny

Don't ID everything. Just things you want to eventually use.
Stock small things, amulets, rings, flasks instead of two handed weapons or armor for IS scrolls.

Only thing I ever ID is rares. I'm doing Merveil runs in merciless. She's dropping 5-10 rares a run so I'm running out fast. I'm just vendoring them to convert to currency.

Only thing I ever ID is rares. I'm doing Merveil runs in merciless. She's dropping 5-10 rares a run so I'm running out fast. I'm just vendoring them to convert to currency.

This is not a bad problem to have. Just throw em all in your stash then do ledge/fellshrine/docks runs, you'll get a bunch of scrolls of wisdom there.

Tom Penny

You can also vendor portal scrolls for identify scrolls.

Yeah. I think a transmute is 4 scrolls. I might have to trade for tons of them and just convert them. I got 3 uniques in like an hour farming Merveil last night so I'm assuming it's a decent strategy..too bad they were all trash. I think she can drop any that is level 59 or below.

Rufus

Finally found Granite flask, it took me only 52 levels xD
Yeah, noticed that too. I have only two Granites, nearing 81. I have seven Jade flasks though!

I also finally found an Inner Treasure mob. Dropped Wanderlust. OK, I guess.

Goddamnit, death by Caliga. 90% hp gone in a second and I was dead. :(

Caliga is another of those traps the devs place in the game. There's no reason to face this monster. I died to him a few days ago too, and life just dropped so damn quickly. After that death, I was resolved to never go to scepter of god if I don't have to. Haven't been back since.

Syril

I just discovered that there is a gem that teaches Portal as a spell. What do they go for, as I would like to own one.

zon

Caliga is another of those traps the devs place in the game. There's no reason to face this monster. I died to him a few days ago too, and life just dropped so damn quickly. After that death, I was resolved to never go to scepter of god if I don't have to. Haven't been back since.

Fun fact: Caliga has claimed more Nemesis characters than Dominus.

I hear you, I had him down to 50% health when my character got vaporized out of nowhere. :/

Deadly

So pissed. I finally decided to go dagger, and put some unused points in my tree but I had some points I had to respec. Then I found out those points I had just added fucked up my path because they were connected further along those I wanted to get rid of.

Could any experienced player on domination league answer some questions in game? Been hoarding drops that seem good (high resists , 4 link and whatnot) for days now to the point where my 10 stash tabs are full and idk what I can vendor anymore

Usually by this point in a game I'm a walking encyclopedia, but in poe I know nothing, NOTHING.
Really need some price checks or something on some of my items just so I have a baseline/some perspective to go on in the future

garath

God. I wish I had more than a half hour to play tonight. My drops were on fire. I got 4 alchemys, 1 chaos, 3 chance, 5% traps, 9% fireball, 1 fusing, couple chromatic and an orb of regret. I say god damn. I didn't want to stop!

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
God. I wish I had more than a half hour to play tonight. My drops were on fire. I got 4 alchemys, 1 chaos, 3 chance, 5% traps, 9% fireball, 1 fusing, couple chromatic and an orb of regret. I say god damn. I didn't want to stop!

Damn! For 30 minutes that's not bad at all.

Gothos

Apparently Blizzard forbade Kripp to wear PoE t-shirt during that HS tourney at Blizzcon :D Guess they fear people will ask 'What is this game he's got on his shirt' and it might hurt D3 ;)

I've been getting trash lately, and been running near 100% increased item rarity. I had more quality drops in the first 20 hours playing, than the last 100.

Probably totally coincidence.

I did find a 950-ish evasion chest, with something like 79 life. No resists, but an equip requirement of only 49. Got 3 chaos for it yesterday. That's been my highlight this week.

edit:
OOhLA7t.png

Volodja

Lost my level 47 Duelist Two Hander Spectral Thrower because I forgot to exchange one of my flasks. Welp.
Sure would've been nice if I could've found a weapon worth taking the place of my level 27 mace at any point, however.

Sarcasm

Man, I'm so upset that you and I can't get a decent connection. Bummer man, we'd have a blast MF'ing; getting l00ts and making bank.

Well in a few months I am getting my own place. Maybe that will fix it, but my other friends here in Taiwan get high MS for no reason too.
I just don't understand it..

5.5mb down in steam..I can play (when I use to play) WoW on EST with 120ms. Other online games around same MS.

I play PoE with Singapore = 400ms...at least Australia is better most of the time at 160ms.

Can't be because I live in Taiwan -.-

Well in a few months I am getting my own place. Maybe that will fix it, but my other friends here in Taiwan get high MS for no reason too.
I just don't understand it..

5.5mb down in steam..I can play (when I use to play) WoW on EST with 120ms. Other online games around same MS.

I play PoE with Singapore = 400ms...at least Australia is better most of the time at 160ms.

Can't be because I live in Taiwan -.-

Yeah, maybe we can compromise on another server? I was playing with Veerna, who's loggin in from Poland. I was only getting 130-140 no problem. I can deal with that. I'll be on tomorrow, maybe we can manage a 3 way party if someone else hosts.

Also, it's worth noting, I have a TS server I'm sure some of you can hop on, no problem.

We need to get some larger MF gangs going, AND DO SOME WORK!

If your down, just PM/add me in game: Busta_SMurk, my current Nemesis characters are: SMurkadurka, Morddeth, and Rhondatheblondewander. I'll relay the info. We do play on EST server's most of the time, but we make some compromise, we should be able to all play under 200ms.

Playing this game alone is boring. Join DA PAAAAAARTAAAY.

I plan to smash act 3 out this weekend, and rush to the ledge/fellshrine/docks/catacombs for loot runs.

Sarcasm

I am going to do my last build with some modifications:

How bad/important is armour? With STR & STR/INT its 8% penalty..is this per piece?

Body Armours and Shields have inherent Movement Speed penalties. In general, all STR and STR/INT Body Armours come with an '8% reduced Movement Speed' penalty and all other Body Armours have a '4% reduced Movement Speed' penalty.

Worth to spec to ignore it? In the build I link I can get Leather & steel in 4 points..removes the penalty and I get an (evasion) armour boost.

This is a fireball/curse witch build I thought of after playing this fireball CI/curse build

Blood magic may not be feasible, but I thought it would be an interesting mechanic to work around. No longer requiring mana, the build invests in HP nodes instead of CI/energy, branching down to the Marauder section of the skill tree to pick up Blood Magic. The build would require a high HP pool, HP regen (via passive talents and life on hit gem if needed), and would utilize the same damage concepts of the tri-curse, proliferated burning crit build referenced above. The general style of play for that character is to curse with flammability, temporal chains, and critical weakness; shoot an upgraded aoe fireball and watch as burn proliferates through the mob groups; repeat.

Build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-..._4XPjauQR5CLmgevk7DjsVe0g73zvhfAf8Xb3Mvem-Os=

With some appropriate gear, this build might be a formidable opponent. Although, however much it may sound like an interesting way of playing the game, I'm not sure the validity or capacity of the witch character to achieve this build. Or if it's worth venturing that far down the skill tree.

V_Arnold

Apparently Blizzard forbade Kripp to wear PoE t-shirt during that HS tourney at Blizzcon :D Guess they fear people will ask 'What is this game he's got on his shirt' and it might hurt D3 ;)

I cant believe that he even wanted to that. What a shitty, disgusting move it would have been. Not becasue it might "hurt D3" (only D3 is capable of hurting D3, thanks), but because you do not go to a Coca Cola convention while wearing a Pepsi t-shirt if you are going to be on the main stage. Quite self-explanatory.

Boken

Banned
Now that you are in cruel, I suggest the following:

1. Skip Tidal Island. Hell Rake WILL kill you if you try and man him up.
2. Skip Fetid Pool. In fact, don't visit their unless in a party or a few levels higher than the monster level.
3. Farm Ledge and Fell Shrine.
4. Kill cruel Vaal in a party, make sure your lightning resists are high.
5. Pay someone to kill merciless Vaal, Piety. Skip mercilless Dominus.
6. Just skip he WHOLE scepter of god area in cruel and merciless.
7. Farm merciless Docks / City of Sarn until level 70+
8. If you aren't having fun with your build until lelvel 65+, you might just want to consider scrapping the character all together, using the decent/awesome gear you found, and re-rolling.
how do you skip scepter of god in cruel @_@

Top Bottom