• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

Very steep for that Bandit reward quest respec. Should be like 5 regrets tops. Better off making a new character at 20 regrets.

Someone would have to be pretty retarded to make a mistake with the bandit quest reward.

It definitely should cost a lot for the rewards to be meaningful. Ain't some casual scrub game.

Greg

Someone would have to be pretty retarded to make a mistake with the bandit quest reward.

It definitely should cost a lot for the rewards to be meaningful. Ain't some casual scrub game.
not a mistake in most cases

people made the decision based on what the rewards were at the time, and they changed the values of the rewards (as well as many other things) since then

not a mistake in most cases

people made the decision based on what the rewards were at the time, and they changed the values of the rewards (as well as many other things) since then

I probably made like 3-4 characters within each changes. If you're stuck on one character for more than a month that isn't trying for 100, you're doing it wrong.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wish I could guys!

But can't because of time restraint :( Why too many other things that needs to be done/played before I can start digging into this game again!

I probably made like 3-4 characters within each changes. If you're stuck on one character for more than a month that isn't trying for 100, you're doing it wrong.

Thanks for telling people how to play the game and acting like such an authority on it.

OT:
Found an exalted orb, now to find a meaningful way to spend it (might finally be able to buy a 5 link chestpiece)

What kind of uniques would a spectral throw scion (no blood magic) go for at endgame? I'm almost done with act 3 merciless now at lvl 60, will probably grind out a few levels at the docks next so I can use lvl 66 uniques

Sarcasm

Which way should I go to IR: (Forgot to mention I am a mara..I use spectral throw but its not my main thing lol)

iUf4CGQMOkGWX.PNG

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Been playing this game for the first time the last days. I really like it - way more fun than D3 ever was. Playing in normal the dominion league - just got to the final arc and so far its working out okay with my Shadow Dual Claw character....now i just got to Dominus and....well, he is kinda overpowered. My res are all around 20% though - i guess this is the party where i have to invest in more res boni on gear ?

So far i only played alone aka SP - didnt wanna start in MP without at least having finished one run alone. Is their still a place in the GAF clan/league ? Might be nice playing with some Gaffers from time to time.

KKRT00

I have a question about unique items. If I want a lvl 7 sword I need to farm in a zone close to that lvl?

No, You can get it on higher levels too.
Hunting for uniques on low levels bosses isnt totally bad idea if You have 300%+ rarity and some quantity, but generally i would recommend just farming Your zones.
On low levels You only can get uniques of low levels and maybe some currency, on higher levels You get gems, flasks, rares, higher currency and uniques from all levels.
Its just more cost efficient to farm on Your levels, than just hunt for something.

Rufus

I have access with green to Golems Blood and Diamond Skin. ugh choices!
I'd do this. Then pick up Berserking, Master of the Arena (through the Armour at the top or damage nodes at the bottom), Acceleration. It puts you near the 6% AllRes and you can reach good damage nodes to the left as well. First two nodes to Cruel Blade are great, Reaver is great too. Then there are the 12% Life nodes near Bloodless and above that is Blood Drinker, too.

Tom Penny

Doing a new Ethereal Knives multitrap firetrap build. Wish I had a 5L searing touch to do a trap build. I do like seeing mobs exploding engulfed in flames :)

Clydefrog

Act 3 Cruel with my second character now: an explosive arrow ranger. I do fine except for when I run into those damn EXILES. They are sooo freaking fast I can barely land an arrow on them. I can run just fine (I am fast too) but it's so damn hard to hit them. and boy do they hit hard as well. shiiiit

Act 3 Cruel with my second character now: an explosive arrow ranger. I do fine except for when I run into those damn EXILES. They are sooo freaking fast I can barely land an arrow on them. I can run just fine (I am fast too) but it's so damn hard to hit them. and boy do they hit hard as well. shiiiit

try a ranged attack totem, flame totem with blind/knockback, or a decoy totem. You need something that can do damage or distract them.

Been playing this game for the first time the last days. I really like it - way more fun than D3 ever was. Playing in normal the dominion league - just got to the final arc and so far its working out okay with my Shadow Dual Claw character....now i just got to Dominus and....well, he is kinda overpowered. My res are all around 20% though - i guess this is the party where i have to invest in more res boni on gear ?

So far i only played alone aka SP - didnt wanna start in MP without at least having finished one run alone. Is their still a place in the GAF clan/league ? Might be nice playing with some Gaffers from time to time.

You need to cap your resists.

Tom Penny

try a ranged attack totem, flame totem with blind/knockback, or a decoy totem. You need something that can do damage or distract them.

Yep. He could double up on Rain of Arrows with a totem with concentrated effect and whatever else is pretty darn strong. Helps in dungeons too..have them do all the work.

Saprol

Did a normal run to unlock Scion so I could toss shiny weapons everywhere. Not sure what I'm really aiming to build. Saw some orbs drop that I didn't ever get any in my first run through.

Desyncing sucks when I want to kite Brutus or that unique brute in Lunaris Temple.

Clydefrog

Yep. He could double up on Rain of Arrows with a totem with concentrated effect and whatever else is pretty darn strong. Helps in dungeons too..have them do all the work.

Thanks. I have a pretty strong Decoy Totem but last time I tried it, the damn Exile kept leaping back to me every time I aimed at him. I'll see what other totems I have...

inky

I keep dying and don't know what to do next. RIP lvl 52 Mara. Made 2 Templars in Nemesis but I stopped at level 32-34ish because I don't think they are that good. They are: a basic 1H+Shield that can survive pretty much everything but is kinda boring to play and very one note, and a crit lightning strike 2H staff that I don't know if I'm gonna be able to take further than cruel for what I can see.

Maybe I just need to focus on 1 specific build and try to go as far as I can with it without trying something different every time I die. I guess it's time to join the spectral throw Scion party and see what's up.

Boken

Banned
I have access with green to Golems Blood and Diamond Skin. ugh choices!

here,
for axes cos they are gud.
the build my gf was using before she dsynced and died. rip i will miss her

8rDZCeT.jpg

218% hp (lil low imo)
approx 350% extra damage on axe

going around the circle takes you closer to unwavering stance, lets you get iron grip really early and gives you access to the amazing axe buffs
you dont want that int node anyway, and steel skin is kinda crappy now that i think about it - and the 10% armor ones are even worse. id rather 10 str or something.

Umm, I just noticed this. In-game in the Passive tree, there are two nodes that have a green checkmark to the upper-right of the node.:

• Agility (+30 Dex) (I took)
  • Alacrity (+30 Dex)

I'm a Scion. Why are these two checked?

Edit: I found a few more, they're all green nodes. Weird ...

here,
for axes cos they are gud.
the build my gf was using before she dsynced and died. rip i will miss her

218% hp (lil low imo)
approx 350% extra damage on axe

going around the circle takes you closer to unwavering stance, lets you get iron grip really early and gives you access to the amazing axe buffs
you dont want that int node anyway, and steel skin is kinda crappy now that i think about it - and the 10% armor ones are even worse. id rather 10 str or something.

Spectral throwing? Those 3 nodes around Executioner are weak. You passed by Wrecking Ball, which is the best two handed node for any spec.

And Steel skin is absolute beast as well as the one armor and life node. Getting Iron Reflexes and passing Steel Skin is a mistake.

Boken

Banned
Spectral throwing? Those 3 nodes around Executioner are weak. You passed by Wrecking Ball, which is the best two handed node for any spec.

And Steel skin is absolute beast as well as the one armor and life node. Getting Iron Reflexes and passing Steel Skin is a mistake.

the one armor and life node is nice
steel skin is decent but imo not worth the int+str+10%arm investment it takes.

wrecking ball is great i agree - this was a level 70 spec and getting the health on ranger side was more important to us than getting more damage first.

yea, the the points after executioner are weak, but they provide passage into the master of arena line - the alternative is taking int+str to go into steel skin + take a crappy 10% armor node, which is a 3 point cost

Raxum

Umm, I just noticed this. In-game in the Passive tree, there are two nodes that have a green checkmark to the upper-right of the node.:

• Alacrity (+30 Dex)

I'm reasonably sure that is to do with Challenges/Achievements. Ticks in the corner show which nodes you've previously used on any character but only for major and keystone passives.

the one armor and life node is nice
steel skin is decent but imo not worth the int+str+10%arm investment it takes.

wrecking ball is great i agree - this was a level 70 spec and getting the health on ranger side was more important to us than getting more damage first.

yea, the the points after executioner are weak, but they provide passage into the master of arena line - the alternative is taking int+str to go into steel skin + take a crappy 10% armor node, which is a 3 point cost

Crappy 10% armor? Do you realize that with the Iron Reflexes and those hybrid evasion rolls, 10% armor double dips after evasion conversion? That 10% becomes 15% node, and that 30% node becomes a 45% node.

You're missing out on 8-10% physical mitigation for crappy Headsman accuracy garbage.

Also, not sure why you would come out of the life node branch for Scion. It's the worst branch for Scion.

Boken

Banned
Crappy 10% armor? Do you realize that with the Iron Reflexes and those hybrid evasion rolls, 10% armor double dips after evasion conversion? That 10% becomes 15% node, and that 30% node becomes a 45% node.

You're missing out on 8-10% physical mitigation for crappy Headsman accuracy garbage.

Also, not sure why you would come out of the life node branch for Scion. It's the worst branch for Scion.
im not sure where you're getting that 10%->15% from. Arm/Eva gear is, on average budgeted to 50%armor/50% evasion. so even on a double dip - 10% becomes 10%.

headsman is taken to help avoid taking resolute technique. you can certainly avoid those 3 acc% points+2str and take steelskin with int+str if you want.

i agree that the life regen is pretty bunk, but i also think the 6% damage is pretty bad too. the "6% to all resists" nodes are decently budgeted but are pretty useless early game.

i think your tone is starting to get a little inappropriate. this is a discussion.

• Alacrity (+30 Dex)

I've noticed a few of these around the tree as well, and I have no idea. I was curious about that too.

I think I remember someone in global chat mention it has something to do with the challenges...?

No idea.

im not sure where you're getting that 10%->15% from. Arm/Eva gear is, on average budgeted to 50%armor/50% evasion. so even on a double dip - 10% becomes 10%.

headsman is taken to help avoid taking resolute technique. you can certainly avoid those 3 acc% points+2str and take steelskin with int+str if you want.

i agree that the life regen is pretty bunk, but i also think the 6% damage is pretty bad too. the "6% to all resists" nodes are decently budgeted but are pretty useless early game.

i also would like to note that i think your tone is a little inappropriate

With Iron Reflexes, Total Armor = (Armor * (1 + Armor%)) + ((Evasion * (1 + EV%)) * (1 + Armor%))

The converted, total Evasion is further multiplied by the armor passives. Your Evasion passives make Armor passives more effecitve.

And don't care about your ego, so deal with it. 6% damage > 0.4% life regen or start Duelist/Ranger.

Boken

Banned
With Iron Reflexes, Total Armor = (Armor * (1 + Armor%)) + ((Evasion * (1 + EV%)) * (1 + Armor%))

The converted, total Evasion is further multiplied by the armor passives. Your Evasion passives make Armor passives more effecitve.

And don't care about your ego, so deal with it. 6% damage > 0.4% life regen or start Duelist/Ranger.

well them im sorry but youre just wrong. Now im not sure about everything else you've been saying.
ev% and armor% are additive, and not multiplicative.

total armor = arm*(1+arm%) + eva*(1+eva%+arm%)

you can say 6%dmg>0.4%regen and ill just shrug - I dunno though, Im not an apparent softcore expert. Nevertheless - i was here to show him what he could do after leaving the life circle.

I'm reading along with you guys, and I'm confused about Armor/Evasion when it comes to Iron Reflexes.

I just recently picked it up for my melee character, and I'm looking to maximize my potential armour with it.

I checked out the Wiki, and tried to read up on it, but I'm a dumbass and don't get the math. http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Iron_Reflexes

So, for a hypothetical example, if I could pick up a 10% armor node, a 10% evasion node, or a 10% armour AND evasion node, I would think to go for the combo, as I'd be doubling up on the benefit, right? Then I'd assume the other two nodes are equal, so if an 10% armour node, and a 10% evasion node were side by side, it wouldn't matter which one I picked. Is this assumption correct?

Also, I picked up the "Fell the Weak" axe node, give you 20% Damage with Axes, and 10% to armour. I'm assuming this armour addition is tallied up no different than a regular 10% armour node?

Sarcasm

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Iron_reflexes

Summary

With Iron Reflexes:

% Increased Evasion Rating mods are applied to base Evasion only.
% Increased Armour mods are applied to base Armour and base Evasion.
% Increased Evasion Rating and Armour mods get applied to base Armour and base Evasion.
Therefore, the mods that provide the most significant benefit in conjunction with Iron Reflexes are those that increase Armour or both Evasion Rating and Armour.

Armour nodes do get applied twice.
Evasion only nodes are the worst choice.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Iron_reflexes

Summary

With Iron Reflexes:

% Increased Evasion Rating mods are applied to base Evasion only.
% Increased Armour mods are applied to base Armour and base Evasion.
% Increased Evasion Rating and Armour mods get applied to base Armour and base Evasion.
Therefore, the mods that provide the most significant benefit in conjunction with Iron Reflexes are those that increase Armour or both Evasion Rating and Armour.

Armour nodes do get applied twice.

Ahhhh, so it's tallied up on the base number. Weird how armour gets a double dip like that, I would have never guessed it.

well them im sorry but youre just wrong. Now im not sure about everything else you've been saying.
ev% and armor% are additive, and not multiplicative.

total armor = arm*(1+arm%) + eva*(1+eva%+arm%)

you can say 6%dmg>0.4%regen and ill just shrug - I dunno though, Im not an apparent softcore expert. Nevertheless - i was here to show him what he could do after leaving the life circle.

How do you increase evasion with armor nodes before it is converted into armor? derp
And 6% dmg leeches more life back than 0.4% regen because damage scales higher than life.

You're talking to 90% phys resist capped Spectral Thrower on Nemesis, bro.

Evasion only nodes are the worst choice.

What a laugh. Or maybe you should try using Grace sometime so you stop complaining about desync.

Boken

Banned

How do you increase evasion with armor nodes before it is converted into armor? derp

i have a feeling you either, suck at math, or have no idea how the game works.

armor% is applied on the evasion number additive. thats it. not your janky eva*(1+eva%) ->converted to armor-> then x(1+arm%)

What a laugh. Or maybe you should try using Grace sometime so you stop complaining about desync.
yea that barely has anything to do with evasion nodes

youre surprisingly clueless for a nemesis player. are you sure you didnt pick domination at the start and never noticed?

Boken

Banned
I'm sure your accuracy will help you survive in hardcore.

gotta hit stuff to life leech.

damage scales more than life. did you know that?

lol you don't know about grace, get real.
pretty sure everybody knows about grace

if its that hard to understand what he is saying, let me make it simple for you - eva% only nodes are mathematically inferior compared to arm% or eva/arm% when using iron reflexes because they are only applied on base evasion. he is 100% correct because that is maths.

Sarcasm

Conversion Formulae

The final armour is calculated with the following formula:[1]

Final Armour = Base Evasion * ( 1 + [total all % increases that apply to armour or to evasion] )
+ Base Armour * ( 1 + [total all % increases that apply to armour] )

In other words:[2]

Final Armour = Base Evasion * ( 1 + Armour% + Evasion% + "Armour and Evasion%" )
+ Base Armour * ( 1 + Armour% + "Armour and Evasion%" )

In other words:

Final Armour = Base Evasion * ( 1 + % increased Evasion Rating + % increased Armour + % increased Evasion Rating and Armour )
+ Base Armour * ( 1 + % increased Armour + % increased Evasion Rating and Armour )

Pretty obvious that armour gets applied twice.

Busta just don't choose evasion only nodes. Armour nodes get applied twice. The actual formula shows this.

Top Bottom