• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

KKRT00

I always avoid that trap dude.

What kind of deeps are you putting out?

Also, I just found out that endurance charges increase your resistances too. WTF, since when?

Gotta revisit my plans after finding that out.

Its hard to tell what is my dps. I have 1k on spectral throw and 1.6k on Infernal Blow.
But thats before curse, that doesnt count infernal, detonate dead and molten shell explosions. Everyone of them is linked with elemental proliferation [infernal has chance to ignite], so they deal additional 1.65x more damage to all targets over 5,2 seconds.
For example Infernal Blow explodes for 25% hp of the monster as Fire damage, additionally it has 45% chance to ignite the target [ignite gem + flammability], so it deals 1.65x of that 25% monster hp over 5.2 second that proliferate to all targets in the group.
I have additionally +12% fire damage from passives and Flammability decreases 45% resistances from the target.
So targets without fire resistance and with 3000hp get at first 750 fire damage from explosion, but because of passives and flammability they are hit by 1218.
And then almost all enemies in group burn for 2111,6 over 5.2 seconds.

And i'm using melee splash so sometimes 10 target explodes at once.

I'm still using Rigvald's Charge, so 44 lvl unique. I will have double the damage on my sword for sure.
I will also use Fire penetration on Infernal Blow in future in five link and I will have second curse - Elemental Weakness.
Spectral Throw has LMP, Added Fire and Cold to Fire, because i'm using Hatred.

Endurance charges have always added resistances, it was actually 5% per charge back in the day.

Hybrid897

I just noticed they put up the new prizes and schedule for the season five races:

https://www.pathofexile.com/seasons

How does the scoring work?

You get a certain amount of points when you reach a certain level for each type of race, points increase as you get to higher levels. Also for each class the top 20 get a set amount of points I forget the actual values. First to full clear zones on each difficulty also get points iirc.

In other news a bringer of rain just dropped for me on the tropical island map, single most expensive item that has ever dropped for me! Might be time for me to re-roll a character to use it as well :)

Gothos

New uniques:

Hvca2Og.png

zZvgoca.png

+ that uniq flask shown in BotW video. One more unique to find.

Started running 66-67 maps , done about 12-14 of them so far but kind of dissapointed, I expected more loot.
Have only found one semi useful item for my build so far and a cast on damage taken (which I sold for 7 chaos just in time before the nerf)

At this rate I'll be farming these for weeks to upgrade my gear and be able to run lvl 70 maps

Man, I really regret not picking up a bunch of names while I had the chance.

Started playing again, furthest I've gotten was midway into act 2 so I've never gotten to the point where I've had an actual working build. Can I get a bit of guidance? I'm playing a Marauder now, mostly I'd like to clobber things to putty using a 2 handed axe. Just stupid monster damage, doesn't need to a quick hitter necessarily.

Anyone have experience with something like that?

DUMPTRUXX

Banned
omg.

sell it for 50 exalts

I bought it for 17EX, 100 chaos, 2 divine, 9 gcp.

It was a late night auction, no one even noticed. He chanced it. I think these are only dropping from 77-78 maps now so they are gonna be ultra rare.

I'm not even a bow user..but I'll be rerolling one tomorrow. Never made an LA char before :D

Raxum

Got home and respecced my build slightly, got to 1.9k health and managed to beat dominus with only 1 death to desync during the exiles part of the fight. So now I'm happily in merciless and have beaten brutus. I just need to get a LOT more resists so time to farm for gear somewhere. Also, a reduced mana gem would probably help, because I've managed to spec out of blood magic and still have a workable build, so I'm running an aura but would like a second. 5.5k dps on flicker strike now at level 58. Starting to not feel like enough.

DUMPTRUXX

Banned
My luck is insane tonight.

Last 3 Piety runs --- ilvl 68 Searing Touch, Windscreams, and the new Mana flask that gives charges on use.

KKRT00

White socket = any color gem. I have a 6l tabula rose chest piece...all white sockets. No stats or mods though.

But how can You get white socket on normal item? Because this item should give bonuses for sockets on the item, not all items on Your character.

Sarcasm

But how can You get white socket on normal item? Because this item should give bonuses for sockets on the item, not all items on Your character.

Its talking about that specific unique. I believe you can re-roll the sockets (or has chance to)..but the mods are the same (just different %).

Man, I really regret not picking up a bunch of names while I had the chance.

Started playing again, furthest I've gotten was midway into act 2 so I've never gotten to the point where I've had an actual working build. Can I get a bit of guidance? I'm playing a Marauder now, mostly I'd like to clobber things to putty using a 2 handed axe. Just stupid monster damage, doesn't need to a quick hitter necessarily.

Anyone have experience with something like that?

I'd recommend going with a Marauder Ground Slam build. Get a lot of attack speed nodes, HP, and a few damage nodes. Link GS with faster attacks, multi strike, and melee physical damage gem for starters.

This should be good enough for now.

I'm having one of those work moments where I do not want to be here at work. I want to go home and play this damn game!!!

Anyone else liking the look of the new charges? I think they look fantastic.

Rufus

The bonuses only count for the sockets on the weapon itself. It can apparently roll white sockets.

Rufus

I thought the bonus applied to all sockets on the character, not just weapon.
Nope, sadly no. 25% would be pretty high too.
http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/1qihxc/new_unique_1_prismatic_eclipse/cdd4qfi

Another new unique:
I8NfcWl.png

---

Anyone here affected by the Cast when Damage Taken changes? I currently only have Enduring Cry linked to it. Before I also had Molten Shell and a Rejuv Totem.
I noticed a big drop in survivability because I can't be arsed to cast my Rejuv Totem for every encounter. It would heal me AND take a big amount of hits.
Not sure how big of a loss Molten Shell is, but I'm definitely not re-casting that all the time. Neither a high nor a low level CwDT+Molten Shell make sense to me, so I'll probably run a low level CwDT with Enduring Cry and Enfeeble instead and get used to self-casting a high level Rejuv Totem.

WELP. I needed an Alpha's Howl to get my CI Reave Shadow going properly. Had no idea how I was ever going to afford one, even with our guild pooling currency together for build-defining items.

Lo and behold - last Piety run for the night. Unique Sinner Tricorne drops. Couldn't believe my eyes. Never before have I been shaking from a fucking loot drop in a video game. GG PoE, GG.

Edit: To top it off, it was an almost perfect roll as well.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
WELP. I needed an Alpha's Howl to get my CI Reave Shadow going properly. Had no idea how I was ever going to afford one, even with our guild pooling currency together for build-defining items.

Lo and behold - last Piety run for the night. Unique Sinner Tricorne drops. Couldn't believe my eyes. Never before have I been shaking from a fucking loot drop in a video game. GG PoE, GG.

Edit: To top it off, it was an almost perfect roll as well.

Gratz on drop.

I am kind of curious, how much does alpha howl runs for?

I managed to snag Cast when Damage Taken today for 4 Chaos, thanks to the nerf, I'm sure. Anyways, plugged in Decoy Totem, Enfeeble, and Enduring cry. Talk about a serious upgrade. That Decoy Totem is popping up every few seconds, pulling aggro away from me, and Enfeeble is especially awesome against projectiles, and ranged enemies. My Leap Slam Templar is just loving it.

At Vaal in Merciless now, so wish me luck.

------------

Last call for the GAF-only Humble Bundle style sale: I'll be freeing up some space next time I log in.

Again, if you see something you want, just pitch me whatever you want for it, I'm especially in need of Chromatics and Fusings. (Nemesis)

And if you see something you like, and if your a broke bro, just say: "Yo Busta, GIMME DAT SHIT" I haz no problems with a hookup like that. After all, Guild stash is only so big.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/583952

Man, Chain LA is just too much for my Ranger. Mana Leech is nowhere near enough to help. I just swapped Chain for LMP and it was a lot more manageable.

Sarcasm

Man I hope iron reflexes is worth it very close to getting it. Funny first keystone on this guy. My other character is a ranger in (regular league - not nemesis) hardcore.

Sarcasm

I really need to watch what I type during my quick breaks during work.

I have a lvl 60 HC ranger on merc diff that has IR..but I wouldn't really know how effective it is due to using bows.

My current melee which is lvl 50 is in Nemesis is in Cruel and three points away from IR. Two totally different characters and I don't really know how IR works.

Boken

Banned
I really need to watch what I type during my quick breaks during work.

I have a lvl 60 HC ranger on merc diff that has IR..but I wouldn't really know how effective it is due to using bows.

My current melee which is lvl 50 is in Nemesis is in Cruel and three points away from IR. Two totally different characters and I don't really know how IR works.

IR = just makes a lot of hits smaller

you may have noticed taking some residual damage while kiting - without IR, you'd rarely get hit even. every once in a while youll get slogged for 25% of max in a hit tho

Sarcasm

Thanks!

Though with the free respec I went acrobatics on my ranger..but haven't tried it really out (due to the fact that only 2% on hardcore (non nemesis)). Will play more once Nemesis is done.

Anyone here try cast on melee kill? It isn't as popular as cast on damage taken, but it seems interesting due to the high chance of casting on kill. I mean, up to 70% chance is really high.

Sarcasm

Well lag finally got me. I had 280ms was doing good and next thing I know one hit kill and I am in standard league.

I think I will just wait a month or so and see if they fix MS..since it hasn't changed since closed.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Well lag finally got me. I had 280ms was doing good and next thing I know one hit kill and I am in standard league.

I think I will just wait a month or so and see if they fix MS..since it hasn't changed since closed.

Come Domination with me haha

KKRT00

Anyone here try cast on melee kill? It isn't as popular as cast on damage taken, but it seems interesting due to the high chance of casting on kill. I mean, up to 70% chance is really high.

I used for a while, it worked very well, but it limits Your slots heavily, because You uses at least two slots not for damage.
Its good though if You are using aoe attack + culling strike and only one spell. I used it for molten shell and with double strike and it proc'ed most of the time.

Rufus

Man I hope iron reflexes is worth it very close to getting it. Funny first keystone on this guy. My other character is a ranger in (regular league - not nemesis) hardcore.
It's sooo worth it if you run Grace with it. It gives you a lot of flat Evasion.

I used for a while, it worked very well, but it limits Your slots heavily, because You uses at least two slots not for damage.
Its good though if You are using aoe attack + culling strike and only one spell. I used it for molten shell and with double strike and it proc'ed most of the time.

Wait. So if I use ground slam, the gem has to be linked to cast on melee strike? So, it would be GS+CMS+enduring cry+molten shell?

Top Bottom