• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

Rufus

Some tips to avoid becoming de-synced until GGG find better(more frequent ways to re-sync or to minimize de-sync althogether:

- Hold shift when you use your skills. It will be very annoying with melee skills, but you should try to do it anyway. This will prevent your character from chasing monsters that may themselves be de-synced.
- Do not try to run through large packs of mobs. The server might disagree on wether or not you actually made it through, even if you do client-side.
- Try to move in straight lines when you use high mobility skills like Leap Slam and Whirling Blades. Don't 'cut' corners or try to wiggle around obstacles. The server might take a different path around the obstacle.
- Hold shift if you use Leap Slam, too, especailly if you jump to the far edges of the screen. If you just use it normally, your character might walk a few metres, THEN jump to the spot. If you hold shift, they'll jump immediately.

Decado

Anyone else finding that they get logged off frequently in this game? I'm wondering if it has something to do with my new Shaw internet modem/router combo.

Syril

Anyone else finding that they get logged off frequently in this game? I'm wondering if it has something to do with my new Shaw internet modem/router combo.

No, it's the game. It happens often enough to be annoying, but not often enough to seriously impede progress.

Card Boy

Banned
Lol, lost half my xp at level 59 because of desync issues. Why did I keep on playing.

If your a cyclone user the desync issues are like 3 times worse. I still can't believe they haven't fixed this shit yet, never making a HC character until they do. If it's never fixed then I'm never making one.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Lol, lost half my xp at level 59 because of desync issues. Why did I keep on playing.

Use a macro software and set a hotkey to /oos, as far as I know the developer allow this. As long as you don't set a timer to automatically /oos every 10 seconds or so.

Been playing this games for over 80 hours, never had it log me off once. I think it might be your internet connection.

Decado

No, it's the game. It happens often enough to be annoying, but not often enough to seriously impede progress.

You're able to confirm it is the game and not your connection? Any similar problems with other online games? I usually play with a friend and he rarely if ever gets logged out.

BTW, I'm planning to give 3D vision another go (which means 720p, for me). Are there any good settings in the Nvidia control panel or Inspector that improve the game's visuals? Particularly sharpness and aliasing.

RS4-

If your a cyclone user the desync issues are like 3 times worse. I still can't believe they haven't fixed this shit yet, never making a HC character until they do. If it's never fixed then I'm never making one.

Use a macro software and set a hotkey to /oos, as far as I know the developer allow this. As long as you don't set a timer to automatically /oos every 10 seconds or so.

Yeah I used to run cyclone, now I just have dual strike. But the desync was extra bad today.

I have it installed, I just didn't use it today lol.

edit - died at level 16 in the run. Got careless thinking I could do one of the bandits instead of the white beast quest to gain another level or two lol.

Uthred

Tried out the endless ledge race event quite fun, died 55 minutes in around level 11, which was half the level of the leaders. While fiddling with inventory and builds and such may have slowed me down a bit I've no idea how I'd double my performance. Are there "Race builds" and such?

Raxum

Tried out the endless ledge race event quite fun, died 55 minutes in around level 11, which was half the level of the leaders. While fiddling with inventory and builds and such may have slowed me down a bit I've no idea how I'd double my performance. Are there "Race builds" and such?

Not sure, but I was in that, got to level 18 before the end, and I think number one was 24. Trying to look at the ladder but the site is taking forever. Anyway, Spectral throw and fire trap seems to work rather well if you get good mana regen and some life gain on hit from a piece of gear.

Edit: 264 on the leaderboards. Not bad, I guess, for my second race. Need to figure out what all the people above me are doing though. Is it just them getting better loot or is it to do with playstyle?

inky

Ya, there are builds that are better for races than others. It also depends a bit on RNG, but the top players make it work.

Endless Ledge is a lot of fun, I have never done it before. Well, except for the part where I found every rare weapon but the one I needed too :p

5RJ13Zf.png

Maybe next time I'm going cleave/double strike.

Syril

You're able to confirm it is the game and not your connection? Any similar problems with other online games? I usually play with a friend and he rarely if ever gets logged out.

All I can say is that I use the internet and play online games frequently, and my connection is not in the habit of being unreliable. The fact that I've been logged out of Path of Exile multiple times on a semi-regular basis and never on any other online game I play on any platform leads me to believe that it's not my connection that's the problem. I'm not sure how it could be this way but still affect people unequally, but this has been my experience.

Sarcasm

Its PoE the netcode is crap.

When I live in Taiwan and choose Singapore I shouldn't get 400ms solo. Australia is a bit better @ 160ms.

Partying at best is 280 but usually 380.

Doesn't help that I play other online games with friends which some live in east USA and I get 120ms.

Decado

No, like I said - set the convergence so your character is overlapped by both images. Your mouse cursor will then be at the same depth as your character. At least with recent nv drivers. Try it, it's completely perfect for me nowadays, not a single glitch.

Sorry, I didn't catch the reference. I only recently figured out the convergence doesn't have a display bar like depth does, so I'm not familiar with playing around with it. Tried it out and so far so good. Going to play around with some AA settings now.

thanks

Wooohooo, Vaal is dead on Merciless. And I carried my buddy that fight. He totally got a free portal ride to ACT 3.

Found a unique ring, and a unique evasion hat, but both only go for about a chaos each.

Other than that, no cool finds tonight.

Just happy to be in ACT 3, and getting here solo was nice. I've always partied and relied on other people to chip in, but it's nice to come back to the game after 6-7 months, and be able to make a new MELEE CHARACTER and be able to solo this far. (Well... Dominius in Cruel costed me a chaos, screw that noise, I aint touching Scepter. Nope.)

My wander on the other hand... WTB 50 regrets.

I did pretty bad on my first time. Died in the first area. On second try, I only got Lv9 though I did disconnect for around 10 mins.

No idea how people are getting to Lv25 so fast. If I rush through the place I'll probably have difficulty dealing with uniques.

Ragnaroz

I did pretty bad on my first time. Died in the first area. On second try, I only got Lv9 though I did disconnect for around 10 mins.

No idea how people are getting to Lv25 so fast. If I rush through the place I'll probably have difficulty dealing with uniques.
I usually clean up areas before advancing, but that is so inefficient in this game. First time I tried just speeding through content, I got to like lvl 16 in an hour. Of course, I need way more practice to have any shot at these races. :D

Kalnos

Banned
I haven't raced in a long time so my advice will probably be massively outdated but when I used to race we pretty much skipped all side areas (e.g. Tidal Island / Fetid Pool / etc) and skipped most enemies until Ledge, which we full cleared. Then repeated that process until the next area deemed to be a good area to quickly level. Western Forest was where we usually farmed in Act 2 during races.

I got like 50th in a 3hr doing that and was high enough ranked for a Witch to get bonus points.

Rufus

Yeah, if you're not going to make it to the next threshold it's best to just stay in town and quit early. Some points is better than no points.

RS4-

The lag was absolutely brutal today; anwyay, only had an hour to put into the run, got up to level 12 or something.

Syril

The lag was absolutely brutal today; anwyay, only had an hour to put into the run, got up to level 12 or something.

The developer is based in New Zealand, right? How does the connection perform for people in that area of the world?

Sarcasm

The developer is based in New Zealand, right? How does the connection perform for people in that area of the world?

Their net code sucks. It's pretty bad living in Asia.Taiwan here. I get better latency in other games even if ours I'm the UK. Just played killing floor that was in the UK with 120ms...where in poe Australia I get 160-185 (Singapore 400ms and it's closer to me lol!)

Lost my Templar wander on Dominus in normal (lv45). I should have just quit the fight and grinded more levels because it was clear I wouldn't beat him. First part went alright but I wasn't prepared for the raining blood. Couldn't throw up a portal in time...

Rufus

Had a good haul today.
OVWcNOl.jpg

Lost my Templar wander on Dominus in normal (lv45). I should have just quit the fight and grinded more levels because it was clear I wouldn't beat him. First part went alright but I wasn't prepared for the raining blood. Couldn't throw up a portal in time...
Aw man, I saw you pop up just as I was getting ready to log off. Should have said something, I'd have stomped him for you.

KKRT00

Almost died today on freaking dogs :)
Extra Cold Damage
Extra Damage
Extra Projectiles
Aura Extra Physical Damage :p

And i lost endurace charge before it and had 63% fire res
http://www.twitch.tv/kkrt_/b/480376540
31:31

Also had the most intense fight in this game in warehouse sewers. But i havent recorded it. It was nuts, with freaking chaos bomb thrower with Soul Eater in the center near stash :p

================
Their net code sucks. It's pretty bad living in Asia.Taiwan here. I get better latency in other games even if ours I'm the UK. Just played killing floor that was in the UK with 120ms...where in poe Australia I get 160-185 (Singapore 400ms and it's closer to me lol!)

Its not netcode. Its net trafficking, and its not their fault, but server providers.

Sarcasm

Yea but solo? I mean I have fifteen stops ours for connecting to UK (traceit) where as only one to both Singapore and Australia. Even in dota I don't go above 120ms. Even small games like lead and gold. It's just weird. This happens to my friends in Taiwan where as the latency is fine in north America and Europe. Friends in state gets below 80. Busta connected to one of the gaf members in Poland with like 100.

Just sucks anyways.

Uthred

Races are quite fun but the wonky server connection can be frustrating, an hour into a two hour even rubber banded back a chunk and next thing I was dead. Apart from that I'm enjoying (sucking) at races. They generally feel similar yet distinct.

KKRT00

Had a crazy haul today.

1 exalt, 2 chaos, 22 jeweler orbs, 8 fusings, 2 alchs. I almost feel rich!

I got good day today too, not as good, but still.
4 chaos
1 gcp
5 linked two handed sword
cast on damage taken
30 jeweler orbs :p

===
Bust a connected to one of the gaf members in Poland with life 100.
Yeah, thats me :) Btw have You tried to send PM to Chris on PoE board? He generally answer on such PMs.

=====

What You have to do now to get access to maps? Kill Dominus?

Luckily I have two other nemesis characters...

Lv27 Scion...my dps is insane (Dual Strike+Multistrike+Weapon Ele Dmg...also have LMP Spectral Throw), but I'm going to need to really work on her health/defense. I mainly played her as a fun class, not really being serious. But now this is my main, I'll need to re-focus on survival

Lv20 Marauder. Internal Blow+Weapon Ele Dmg+Melee Splash=feels good man. I'm rolling around with a 2H currently but once I find a good 1H I'll whip out a shield.

So I just picked up CWDT have it linked to molten shell. Is there anything I need to watch out for as I am unsure I understand all the changes to it. I will keep CWDT at level 1; my molten shell gem is level 10. What is the max level the molten shell gem can be?

My witch is very squishy right now with this CI tri-curse, fireball build. I have about 2300 ES with the discipline aura up but I need more ES, armor, and resistance. It's a fun build although I end up dying a lot at the moment. I'm nearly finished with Act 3 merciless so it will be interesting to see how maps go.

Does anyone happen to have a helmet with 300+ ES or a chest piece with 500+ ES? My ultimate goal is to get Shavronne's wrapping but I've seen it for sale for 85 exalted - how the hell could anyone realistically afford that? If anyone's interested, here is my current gear: see last comment on pg 44 by fireincairo.

Here is my shop with gear ranging all levels. Check it out and send me a message if you're interested in anything. Everything is definitely negotiable.

Rufus

Who is Chris and why would I pm him? I don't really browse the poe forums so that is why I ask.
Chris Wilson, lead designer of the game.

So I just picked up CWDT have it linked to molten shell. Is there anything I need to watch out for as I am unsure I understand all the changes to it. I will keep CWDT at level 1; my molten shell gem is level 10. What is the max level the molten shell gem can be?
Uh, it's already too high. Level 10 Molten Shell is 40, level 1 CWDT is 31. Basically, if you can self-cast the skill you've linked to it, it's already out of range. The icon in your bar will also be greyed out and show a small red square with an "i" I believe if it is linked.

Check these for the ranges:
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Molten_Shell
pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cast_when_damage_taken

Molten Shell isn't so great with CWDT now. You'll want to level Molten Shell as high as possible, but with the changes to CWDT, you'd have to level it too, negating Molten Shell's already limited usefullness. Let's say you level both to 18. They would link, but at 18, it takes 2.7k damage to trigger and you'd only get about 900 armour from a level 18 Molten Shell. If you're taking that big of a hit, 900 armour isn't going to matter a whole lot. It's not that useful as a defensive bonus.
You're better off with Enduring Cry (although it might not be as good for casters, considering it taunts as well), Enfeeble and whatever other curse is beneficial to your build in particular.

Yea but solo? I mean I have fifteen stops ours for connecting to UK (traceit) where as only one to both Singapore and Australia. Even in dota I don't go above 120ms. Even small games like lead and gold. It's just weird. This happens to my friends in Taiwan where as the latency is fine in north America and Europe. Friends in state gets below 80. Busta connected to one of the gaf members in Poland with like 100.

Just sucks anyways.

If it's bad netcode, you can have good ping and still have laggy gameplay (desyncs). There's really no kind of netcode involved by firing up your command prompt and pinging a server.

It's your ISP's infrastructure. There's an ISP in the Philippines (PLDT) that causes all this awful local pings for many countries near it. PLDT's pings to Singapore are worse than their pings to the US.

Top Bottom