• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

Kalnos

Banned
dat feel when you aren't capped on resists and then this DROPS (no currency used):

J9xoyjY.png

Tom Penny

Really don't get why my scion is still squishy with 8300 armor and 75% resists other than chaos. My other characters seem less equipped and die less.

KKRT00

dat feel when you aren't capped on resists and then this DROPS (no currency used):

J9xoyjY.png

Outstanding :) Although it wouldnt be big upgrade for me :p
I'm capped at resists, but need more life on chest and armor, currently it is 750ar, 30% light res and 23 life.

---

Piety in Merciless... sigh

Killed her after about 6 portals to town. I dont have single target though, so it was rough for me. If i had good single target ability, i would probably kill her in 15-20 seconds.

J. Bravo

I have no clue to be honest - I've been terrible at assigning values to items since I took a few months off, and I don't know much about shields anyways
well I mean if you want someone to hold onto that while you figure out the price for it, I'd be down.

or I could pay you when I hit 55 haha. Either way.

Greg

well I mean if you want someone to hold onto that while you figure out the price for it, I'd be down.

or I could pay you when I hit 55 haha. Either way.
haha, I've been selling pretty much anything of value pretty quickly these days - I'm trying to help my brother save for a Voltaxic bow

J. Bravo

semi glad i dont have an 8-5 job so that i can partake in this endless ledge 1 hour race lol

edit: lol lasted 7 whole minutes and got to lvl 4.

inky

Some of the mob combinations in this race are pretty stupid, LOL. Dischargers + bone rhoas + merveil's daughters
+ desync
with no resists = RIP

And the RNG real useful too:

At least got some points.

I got a unique too (Crown of Thorns). It sucked anyway so I wasn't bothered.

I nearly died to a massive group of Faster Attack Tentacle Miscreations. Jesus they hurt so much.

KKRT00

Some of the mob combinations in this race are pretty stupid, LOL. Dischargers + bone rhoas + merveil's daughters
+ desync
with no resists = RIP

And the RNG real useful too:

At least got some points.
Doesnt this unique go up to 50%? ;p

RS4-

Man, I've had no luck finding a new pair of unique boots post level 60. And I'm already level 64. I'm still rocking these RRGG magic ones from I don't know, some lousy level.

Especially since I'm trying to finish an UNID set.

Tom Penny

I love dumping fusings into an item and it doesn't link. I will end up making back 1/10 of what I spent on it if I ever do link it LOL.

Clydefrog

Joined a few public parties doing late merciless stuff... my god, the screen just becomes a clusterfuck of colors and things flying around. I can't even see what I'm aiming at.

Sarcasm

With my weird bad latency with just PoE on top of desyncing I have to give up doing hardcore leagues. Its just not fun when the real enemy is not a mob in the game but something I can't control.

And telling me oh I have 40ms doesn't help me when in other games I get fine latnecy..even if its connected to my friend in the UK (I get less latency than I do with PoE and gateways closer to me).

inky

How do people get to level 43 in 3 hours? It blows my mind. I know it is a party race and all, but still... 3 hours non-stop progress is pretty rough.

Sneaked into the top 20 duelists by going solo at least. I had pretty insane gear at spots:

ibJKwFk.png

Kammie

So I had this drop tonight while killing Oak in Merciless in a party:

yYRnLEO.jpg

And I am coupling it with this:

qW39EQQ.jpg

It's some crazy HP regen! I don't think it'll be viable to run just on this at endgame, but suddenly I have a lot more configurations I can play around with.

Edit: Oh and btw, the extra gore is awesome. The stuff flies everywhere!

Sarcasm

So Garena's open beta poe is up in Singapore...

I get 90ms.

Why? When I do it from the non garena poe with singapore its 400ms.....lol

But man this is memories here...all these deaths in HC lol

Sarcasm

Didn't know that. I may just suck it up and still play on the high lat version. As Domination, I came to a realization that hardcore is really no different.

Also I have a question about Stun, specifically Unwavering Stance.

I hear that if you have enough HP you won't get stunned..but that means you need a ton of HP...right?

Sciz

Yeah, stun is a function of the percentage of HP lost in an attack. Same goes for elemental effects. The more HP you have, the bigger the hit has to be to take the same percentage off, so high HP characters can shrug off a lot of stuff that squishier ones have to take.

Could someone please explain races to me. The way I understand it, you do these races "fast solo leveling" and you get points for participating. You use these points towards uniques? What league are these uniques in? Do you win anything else from races? What is the point?

Rufus

^

Race Season Five
Path of Exile race leagues are short duration events where players compete in a fresh economy to win prizes. With durations ranging from minutes to one month, they allow players to demonstrate mastery of the game.

Our race events are grouped into Seasons. Season Five contains 160 events, running from November 16 to December 29 (NZT). Its signature race is the 120 minute Solo race. It also contains the new Descent: Champions race events.

If you'd like to see your points and prizes for Season Five, visit your profile page. You can see ladders of your overall placing in each Season here. For more information about how race events work, check out the announcements of Season One and Two.

A schedule of events in Season Five is shown below!
http://www.pathofexile.com/seasons

The link also shows the current prices. The race rewards have alternate art and are all iLVL 100, so the white items you get as rewards will always be able to roll the highest mods, even future tiers that aren't out yet.
Winning events nets you special Items, called Demigod's [boots, helms, etc.], which are unique to race events, for instance: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Demigod's_Presence
The page contains links to all other Demigod's items. Some players have stash tabs full of these.

Click on any race event in the event calendar (link above) for details on how and what you can win and other conditions that may apply, like if you need to be alive by the end of the race or not.

inky

Not all races give out Demigod's items I think. Only the ones labeled as "competitive", which you can tell by the "C" found in the title, for example: 150 Minute Party (S05C027). Not that it is easy to get them anyway.

As for the rewards, they appear in a "remove only" tab and you can pretty much take them out in any (non-race) league you want. If you don't remove them and they create new long leagues, you'll be able to remove them only after a certain time (2 weeks I think) so that people with those don't get an unfair advantage right away.

Top Bottom