• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

I gave in and have been playing taiwan for a few days, hit 60 today with my IR AoF Burning Arrow prolif shadow. 5 more levels until AoF but it's working pretty well, even with shitty gear and incorrect gem combos.

Btw, I'm in europe, expansion launched about 10pm here, I'm planning to play until 6am... perhaps laters. Any europeans care to join me?

Alright, after mauling over a bunch of dual totem builds, I made a legit bow build idea with curses.

It should be pretty good for hardcore. I do have no spell defenses though.

KKRT00

Omfg, i just looked yesterday before sleep at new passive tree o_0
I dont where to start, it changes so fucking much. From a brief look up it seems that Scion got big buff.

---
Btw, I'm in europe, expansion launched about 10pm here, I'm planning to play until 6am... perhaps laters. Any europeans care to join me?
I'll maybe make few levels at Wednesday, but generally i'll play on Thursday. I need to get up early unfortunately ;\

Rufus

I think I'm dead set on playing an actual hybrid defense character. Probably Duelist. Gonna go the 'boring' route and just Double Strike it up with sword and board, see where it takes me.

V_Arnold

I am much more hyped for this PoE expansion than for ANYTHING ever before. Gonna be amazing.

(Okay, I am lying, D3 Beta was a high point, as well as WOTLK/BC launches, and going to AQ20 for the first time.... But besides these, OMG!)

Krassus

Much hype here too, off till tuesday and I dont plan on sleeping from tomorrow through Thursday to get that money stock high and map asap.

TheFatOne

This is the Ice Spear build I'm thinking about for HC Should be easy to max out my resists with this build. It might be a little squishy, but with tele/leap slam/or some other movement skill I should be ok so long as I'm careful. If anyone sees anything they can improve on let me know. CI just seems op looking at the new skill tree. Can build a ton of ES. Forgot to mention I should be able to run a mid level artic armour. Would just need to get mana regen on gear which shouldn't be too hard now. The build would allow me to get a piece or two of gear with mana regen while still keeping max resists. Plus run clarity and discipline.

Gothos

I think I'm dead set on playing an actual hybrid defense character. Probably Duelist. Gonna go the 'boring' route and just Double Strike it up with sword and board, see where it takes me.

Try Molten Strike. Amazing skill and should fit well with that playstyle :)

Rufus

Good call, took my break before I could try it out. I'm gonna level up a bunch of attack skills and see what I like most.

RyanDG

Just finished the final touches on my hardcore build for the upcoming league. I have two variants of the build in mind, one that is a "safer/slower" build, and the other goes all out with a slight hiccup around level 30ish if I don't get the proper gear. I am really looking forward to this expansion... I may even find myself dipping back into standard occasionally to tinker with some extra builds and to play around with gems.

Gonna go for a shadow physical wander now that it's less expensive to make a decent one. My second character will likely be a 2H scion badasss of some sort.

Gothos

And I'm going Shadow bowman or gonna make some tanky Duelist/Marauder, 1H+Shield using Molten Strike. Or maybe Viper Strike+Multistrike+Melee Splash Chaos Build. Eh, fucking PoE, too many choices :E

KKRT00

- Added a new Dexterity skill - Poacher's Mark: A curse that reduces enemy evasion, grants you life and mana when you hit them, increases your flask charge gain and has a chance to grant you a Frenzy Charge when you kill them.
- Added a new Strength/Intelligence skill - Herald of Ash: Channel fire through your hands, adding fire to your physical damage. If you kill an enemy with an attack, other enemies near them will be ignited for the overkill damage

Woah. Now, i'm going dual dagger with high spell damage rolls, combined with high attack speed and viper strike + fire damage modificators and searching bond totem, it will be devastating :) DoT damage will be crazy.

Still dunno which class to choose.

TheFatOne

Finalized my CI Ice Spear Witch build tree. It's going to be pretty damn sweet. The only thing I'm worried about is surviving until merciless. My character is going to be a little more squishy then I'm used to, but with the crits freezing mobs it shouldn't be too hard to handle. I'm pretty damn hyped for this update. Going to play 24/7 HC from the get go. Want to get my build to 85 as fast as possible. For the most part I think I'm going to skip the portal stuff until I get to merciless don't want to take any chances with this build until I'm ready for it.

Edit: If you didn't catch this Crit Weakness was renamed Assassins mark, but they also added a really sweet thing to it. It now has the chance to grant you a power charge. For my ice witch I might even be able to swap out power charge on crit for more damage which is super fucking awesome.

KKRT00

I have now leadership over our clan in PoE.
So all request about kicking an account or adding an account send to me please.

So anyone want to team up?

Going to start on rampage at launch, I'm in Europe but east coast american pings should be fine.

MrPing1000 on steam and I'm in the neogaf guild.

I'll be on as soon as Steam downloads patch.

I'll be in the Beyond league. If anyone is down, add me, 'else I'll be rolling solo.

Busta_SMurk, in the GAF clan as well.

Quixzlizx

Does a curse applied using Curse on Hit still apply to your total limit of curses? If it does, isn't it just better to cast the curse yourself, or to use CoDT so you get the AoE?

Does a curse applied using Curse on Hit still apply to your total limit of curses? If it does, isn't it just better to cast the curse yourself, or to use CoDT so you get the AoE?

They should keep your curse limit. As for casting them yourself, without some cast speed on curses they are pretty slow for faster killing builds and sometimes you don't really need to hit everyone with the curse, just the target you are currently focused on.

Quixzlizx

They should keep your curse limit. As for casting them yourself, without some cast speed on curses they are pretty slow for faster killing builds and sometimes you don't really need to hit everyone with the curse, just the target you are currently focused on.

I'd think it'd have to be a pretty specialized build, considering you have to use up two links of your attack on CoH and the curse gem.

I'd think it'd have to be a pretty specialized build, considering you have to use up two links of your attack on CoH and the curse gem.

Or have an item that does it for you so you don't have to use the links. Or how about a 2nd skill like a totem or an AoE apply the curse in the desired ranges? If you're stacking attack speed, it doesn't make too much sense to be casting a lot of spells later on in the game once shit start going down, so having a really fast 2nd attack to apply it seems a lot more ideal for that build.

syko de4d

Most hype I've had for a game in a long time. 970th in queue, woo lol.

And this is just a "mini expansion" :lol

The hype in 7-9months when we will see the real one with a new Act will be insane.

And it sounds like their Taiwan launch was pretty successfull too

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/2e2mze/are_we_breaking_record_of_75k_simultaneous/

From Chris
Our record is 70k.

Garena's Taiwan server shattered our records this week (with connections from Taiwan, not from international players checking out the new tree).

I'm planning on using curse on hit on my bow build. CoH, Split Arrow, GMP, Flammability, (2nd curse haven't decided) and if I ever get a 6L, inc dur).

It also has the advantage of using a LOT less mana.

TheFatOne

Kinda want to jump back into this. Any links to good & fresh new builds around? =D

Check out ZiggyD's EK build Ziggy puts out some really solid builds for new players. Nothing flashy just good solid builds for people who are new to the game, or haven't played in a while. Well thought out, and he lays out everything you need for the build. One of my favorite path of exile streamers. EK is one of the spells that got a buff in terms of the skill tree as well as a buff to the spell. Should be a very effective build.

Check out ZiggyD's EK build Ziggy puts out some really solid builds for new players. Nothing flashy just good solid builds for people who are new to the game, or haven't played in a while. Well thought out, and he lays out everything you need for the build. One of my favorite path of exile streamers. EK is one of the spells that got a buff in terms of the skill tree as well as a buff to the spell. Should be a very effective build.

Although the build he made for his girlfriend to play in the new league, is a bit shitty.

TheFatOne

Although the build he made for his girlfriend to play in the new league, is a bit shitty.

Haven't seen it, but can't be perfect every time. So damn hyped right now. Just half an hour left.

Edit: Willy Wonka also put up a ton of builds, but you had to wait until the poe site updated the skill tree. If I find the link I will put it up.

inky

Looks solid. I liked the video so I guess I'm going with this. Thanks!

TheFatOne

Anyone else planning on going 24/7? We should set up a chat or something. Would be really cool talking or chatting with other gafers as we play.

Perfect that's the one. I already have my own build, but this could be very valuable to the newer/returning players.

Edit: Already off to a poor start accidentally turned off my pc while cleaning my keyboard. Now 6k in the queue instead of 1k. Still HYPED

Unicorn

Started playing again today. I decided to make a Shadow character. I think I want to go for Claws, some sort of chain-lightning, and general evasiveness stuff. Any good builds? Or, is that a terrible plan?
KuGsj.gif

Top Bottom