• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

TheFatOne

Started playing again today. I decided to make a Shadow character. I think I want to go for Claws, some sort of chain-lightning, and general evasiveness stuff. Any good builds? Or, is that a terrible plan?
KuGsj.gif

Reddit link with tons of builds

Another link with tons of builds

Find one you think fits your playstyle and go for it. Also a post or two above this one there is another link to guides, and a video guide.

KKRT00

Still dunno which class to choose for my build. I didnt have time to really analyze the tree ;\
Duelist, Shadow or Scion hmmm...

squidyj

Still dunno which class to choose for my build. I didnt have time to really analyze the tree ;\
Duelist, Shadow or Scion hmmm...

I dont' have a clue either, I really just want tsomething that'll be cheap and a good farmer for an easy springboard into more expensive builds.

TheFatOne

Urgg already died twice to desync and it has destroyed all my hype. Going to take a break but don't think I'm going to be playing much anymore.

HoosTrax

Whelp. No more facetank-farming of Marveil...

Anyone know how the Loremasters work? I found one of them, but I'm unclear if their spawn location is random, or always in the same instance. I ran the entirety of Act I Cruel just to check, and I haven't found another one yet.

TheFatOne

Decided to try one more time. Man I'm definitely not a fan of the new merveil encounter. It's harder just for the sake of being harder, and for all the talk about trying to attract new players it does the exact opposite. Don't think they really thougth this one through other than saying what more bullshit can we give merveil. I really don't think they thought the design through on normal, and I can't imagine what cruel, and merciless will be like. Someone in my party said this, and it's true it's anti new player.

OMG Beyond is giving me a ton of trouble. It's like a ramped up Invasion.

Well, I got to Docks, level 30, and decided to call it a night.

Maybe tomorrow I can find a decent weapon and make some fast progress.

How is everyone enjoying the update?

OMG Beyond is giving me a ton of trouble. It's like a ramped up Invasion.

Well, I got to Docks, level 30, and decided to call it a night.

Maybe tomorrow I can find a decent weapon and make some fast progress.

How is everyone enjoying the update?

Same as every update. Enjoy it until you almost die to desync. Or you die from it.

Beyond is getting crazy with those hp regen bosses everywhere, took me 10 minutes to take one down at level 4. Played more Rampage and it's alright, I like the animate weapons from the 40+ kill spree.

Welp just died from a portal spawn. Caught me off guard but yeah it was risky running around gathering mobs to aoe down, some are easy but most had shit ton of hp or something and I'd just run.

Whelp. No more facetank-farming of Marveil...

Anyone know how the Loremasters work? I found one of them, but I'm unclear if their spawn location is random, or always in the same instance. I ran the entirety of Act I Cruel just to check, and I haven't found another one yet.

I found my man Haku twice already. I invited a friend so we could quest the first time. He was offline the second.

#1: Mud Flats
#2: That area right outside Lionseye? I can't remember #2, but it was not Mud Flats (could have been the Climb)

TheFatOne

Nah Beyond is really awesome.

The guy just sucks and thinks he should facetank aoe everything with no danger.
Disagree. I really hate the designs of the hard core leagues. Every hc league released so far has been all risk zero reward. The mobs are way to hard early. Group of six taking twenty minutes to kill one pack of magic mobs is not my idea of fun. You can't just say "lol get good you suck". Every time they release a hc league I wounder if the even bother testing them. Last one was the same shit. Way to hard and unbalanced early.

Edit: its not really the difficulty it's the fucking tankiness. Magic mobs that early should not have that amount of tankiness.

KPJZKC

I'm a little confused by the negative reaction to the beyond portals, I'm about level 17 now, killed my first Portal unique at around 15 - the portal mobs are all pretty slow (aside from the unique and one of the non-bug ones), and they haven't been really tanky either - unique was way less difficult than brutus, for example.

For reference I'm a spark/cold snap/zombie witch. Admittedly I did get a Vaal Skeletons gem, which has helped a bit.

I like the Beyond concept, specifically the difficulty; I've had a couple fun close calls, some due to my own decisions (I decided to pull a demon from the third tier of portals out of curiosity) and some due to my environment (accidentally opened a portal in a small corridor). I'd imagine they'll tinker with it over the next few weeks or months, for instance maybe increase the portal requirement from four to 5-6, especially in later difficulties/denser mob populations. So far I'm having fun with them, and I like increasing the difficulty by opening portals right after opening a strong box, or vice versa.

The problem is the risk/reward issue as TheFatOne said. So far I haven't seen much of any difference in the drops between portal mobs and regular ones. Lots of white and weak blue items, no currency outside of armor scraps/wisdom scrolls/portal scrolls, etc. Maybe it was just the RNG gods screwing last night, but overall drops were REALLY bad. I think we can all agree Rogue Exiles drop good loot, and I'd like to see portal bosses drop similar to a degree. Maybe they do already and I just haven't gone far enough, we'll see. Once I get more health I'll risk opening a 4 tier portal.

I noticed WillyWonka and his group were skipping portals entirely, and I've also noticed there's almost no discussion of them on the reddit.

KPJZKC

I like the Beyond concept, specifically the difficulty; I've had a couple fun close calls, some due to my own decisions (I decided to pull a demon from the third tier of portals out of curiosity) and some due to my environment (accidentally opened a portal in a small corridor). I'd imagine they'll tinker with it over the next few weeks or months, for instance maybe increase the portal requirement from four to 5-6, especially in later difficulties/denser mob populations. So far I'm having fun with them, and I like increasing the difficulty by opening portals right after opening a strong box, or vice versa.

The problem is the risk/reward issue as TheFatOne said. So far I haven't seen much of any difference in the drops between portal mobs and regular ones. Lots of white and weak blue items, no currency outside of armor scraps/wisdom scrolls/portal scrolls, etc. Maybe it was just the RNG gods screwing last night, but overall drops were REALLY bad. I think we can all agree Rogue Exiles drop good loot, and I'd like to see portal bosses drop similar to a degree. Maybe they do already and I just haven't gone far enough, we'll see. Once I get more health I'll risk opening a 4 tier portal.

I noticed WillyWonka and his group were skipping portals entirely, and I've also noticed there's almost no discussion of them on the reddit.

The unique I killed dropped (iirc) two rares and no currency - I don't think he even dropped any blues with the rares. Was exciting, but the drops were trash.

TheFatOne

I'm a little confused by the negative reaction to the beyond portals, I'm about level 17 now, killed my first Portal unique at around 15 - the portal mobs are all pretty slow (aside from the unique and one of the non-bug ones), and they haven't been really tanky either - unique was way less difficult than brutus, for example.

For reference I'm a spark/cold snap/zombie witch. Admittedly I did get a Vaal Skeletons gem, which has helped a bit.

Don't worry very soon you will run into the combination of haste, life regen, quick attacks, and damage over time don't you worry. Way to tanky early when everyone's gear is just pure trash. You have no chance against the mobs if you accidentally open a portal on the way to Merv. Too many guys with extra life, life regen, and then quick attacks/haste.

No point in doing portals at all right now. Why spend 20 minutes trying to kill one group of portal mobs when I can clear an area. This feels like the beta version of invasion. At least in invasion I could skip the bosses. Another thing invasion had going for it was when I killed the unique bosses tons of loot drop. Can almost guaranteed yourself a chance at a rare. Now the portals open up so damn fast I have no choice. My favorite addition to the game are the strongboxes, but they are so much more risky now. I loved the exile strongboxes for double loot, but no way I'm opening one now unless I have high dps.

The bullshit about the player having control over the portals was some nice pr bullshit on GGGs part. Certain areas with high mob density don't even give you a choice. Like right after Merv. It would be nice if I could actually control the portals like they said you could, but it doesn't work. On paper it sounded like a good idea, but the implementation as it currently stands is terrible. One of the thing I hate about GGG is that they don't have a fucking clue how to make a good HC league. Every HC league to date has been garbage. They love to increase the risk, but never really give you an incentive so why bother. I guess GGGs idea of fun is to kite these assholes for like 20 minutes across the map just so they drop whites. When you have players actively skipping the main part of the new league you have a problem. I wonder if GGG even tests this stuff out.

The same exact shit happened in invasion last time, and most people just quit once they realized how bullshit the invaders were. It just pisses me off that I waited all this time to play the new content and they throw this bullshit in there. Just extremely frustrating. This picture on reddit currently sums up what beyond is right now
Beyond League In a Nutshell said:
GGG doesn't have the slightest fucking clue on how to correctly balance HC league. Happened in basically every HC league so far. I'm tired of feeling like a beta tester in the HC leagues

Edit: Fantastic I just read how they nerfed ES based builds or anything that uses CI. Just great.

KKRT00

Seems like awesome concept for groups, but they need to fix reward for them.
I actually like that so many features they are creating are preferable in groups, like vaal zones or subquests and this feature. This game needs more group interactions.

---
GGG doesn't have the slightest fucking clue on how to correctly balance HC league. Happened in basically every HC league so far. I'm tired of feeling like a beta tester in the HC leagues

Edit: Fantastic I just read how they nerfed ES based builds or anything that uses CI. Just great.
Nemesis was awesome and quite balanced, except for a few instances. Havent played invasion much, because ambush was more fun.

I wish group play was more intuitive, design wise. It often boils down to a spam fest. I'd love to see larger individual mobs that require some strategy to take down, as well as attacks that force you to move around more. I know some end game bosses use Flame Blast for instance, I'd like to see more magic and rare mobs use it to spice things up. Whenever I watch people stream it's just 4-5 ranged characters blowing shit up, which isn't really interesting.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Did they somehow make the initial load longer? I feels like the initial load to even get the login screen takes even more time now.

tariniel

I'm considering making a Fire Templar using Detonate Dead. Does anyone know if DD is still viable? Maybe I should just use flameblast instead?

Also, how is ball lightning's damage? I haven't played after they introduced it, and the skill looks fun.

The portals aren't hard. They're just boring and offer no reward. Take too long and nothing drops. Beyond league is a flop. It's one of the worst they've ever come up with.

Drop nothing? Got a rare bow drop and quiver that will last me 20 levels.

Disagree. I really hate the designs of the hard core leagues. Every hc league released so far has been all risk zero reward. The mobs are way to hard early. Group of six taking twenty minutes to kill one pack of magic mobs is not my idea of fun. You can't just say "lol get good you suck". Every time they release a hc league I wounder if the even bother testing them. Last one was the same shit. Way to hard and unbalanced early.

Edit: its not really the difficulty it's the fucking tankiness. Magic mobs that early should not have that amount of tankiness.

You have a choice to run away if your dps is low. All the top players love to league probably because they don't have terrible dps.

Why defend every little criticism made about this game.

That thread is 7 pages now: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/999530
You're in the minority.

The fact that you just defended the drops for the portal monsters says a lot. That's like the one thing there's no defense for whatsoever because it's an undeniable fact yet you still defended it.

You're in the minority.

The fact that you just defended the drops for the portal monsters says a lot. That's like the one thing there's no defense for whatsoever because it's an undeniable fact yet you still defended it.

Whoa whoa whoa! No need to be hostile. Shining was just debunking one of the bad things said about the Beyond league in this thread: That no loot drops when you kill the invaders. He, like me, probably doesn't know about the PoE thread and hasn't spent the 19 hours since launch thoroughly proving that the league is broken.

I'm a softcore kid, so I've got nothing to contribute beyond this, but that negativity should be directed at GGG if you really need to, not fellow GAF'ers

Whoa whoa whoa! No need to be hostile. Shining was just debunking one of the bad things said about the Beyond league in this thread: That no loot drops when you kill the invaders. He, like me, probably doesn't know about the PoE thread and hasn't spent the 19 hours since launch thoroughly proving that the league is broken.

I'm a softcore kid, so I've got nothing to contribute beyond this, but that negativity should be directed at GGG if you really need to, not fellow GAF'ers

Shining has been doing that for a long time. Any time someone says something a tiny bit negative about the game he jumps in to defend it. Sorry, I didn't mean to be hostile.

Shining has been doing that for a long time. Any time someone says something a tiny bit negative about the game he jumps in to defend it. Sorry, I didn't mean to be hostile.

And I didn't mean to jump on you jumping on him. I totally get the risk/reward complaint about Hardcore. I've always been a softcore kid because I play ARPGs for loots. The challenge is good, and I do enjoy one-life races, but there's no reason in my mind to play Hardcore right now.

Go back two-three leagues. If shrines, strongboxes, and rampage were Hardcore and Nemesis, Invasion, and Beyond was Softcore, it'd make so much more sense. In Hardcore, you get cool tools to make your Hardcore life more managable. In Softcore, you get harder challenges, but who seriously cares if they die to them?

And I didn't mean to jump on you jumping on him. I totally get the risk/reward complaint about Hardcore. I've always been a softcore kid because I play ARPGs for loots. The challenge is good, and I do enjoy one-life races, but there's no reason in my mind to play Hardcore right now.

Go back two-three leagues. If shrines, strongboxes, and rampage were Hardcore and Nemesis, Invasion, and Beyond was Softcore, it'd make so much more sense. In Hardcore, you get cool tools to make your Hardcore life more managable. In Softcore, you get harder challenges, but who seriously cares if they die to them?
I think I'm just gonna make a Rampage char, but I've been reading the Rampage bonuses are barely noticeable. Both of these league gimmicks are a flop. They spent their dev time on the masters, which is probably a good thing in the end but still... would've been nice to have more fun leagues.

Gothos

I'll agree with two complaints about Beyond League. In terms of visibility portals aren't distinctive enough (especially the first spawn) and those mobs are REALLY tanky. Hopefuly they'll tweak some thing after a week or so.

You're in the minority.

7 pages and I'm in the minority? Lol the game has way more players than that.
I watch the top streamers dying and say how much they love the league. Most of them are already in Merciless.

When they can't kill a portal mob, they move on quickly. It's subjective if it's bad or not. You just choose to believe the exact opposite of what I believe, and that doesn't mean I'm wrong.

TheFatOne

You have a choice to run away if your dps is low. All the top players love to league probably because they don't have terrible dps.

Did you seriously think about your reply before you replied? You just basically said that the vast majority of players should skip the beyond mobs. The vast majority of players are going to have shit dps when they start the new league.Most builds are going to have shit dps for a long time. Skill at the game is irrelevant at that point. More skilled players will simply know how to survive them and move on. Only smaller percentage are going to have the dps high enough to deal with these mobs. If the vast majority are going to skip the mobs then what's the point of the beyond league. Again simply because you had good luck doesn't mean everyone else is having the same luck.

The drop rates are identical to regular magic, and rare mobs. You just happened to be lucky enough to get a good drop. Your reply doesn't take into account all the people who only play self found. What do you say to them get fucked? You didn't really even address any of the issues I presented. All you said is run away. Again low level gear the mob has haste, life regen, extra life, quick attacks, and damage over time. Somehow though I'm supposed to run away. I'm playing the game to try and progress through not to be constantly kiting mobs, and running away. That' s a garbage reply.

Your point about the top players loving PoE is hilariously awful. So you are telling me people who play and stream 10 hours a day plus love the game regardless of the content. Wow that is incredibly shocking. I would have never believed it. I can already guarantee you this. There's going to be a balance patch for beyond coming in the near future. Bet your house on it.

7 pages and I'm in the minority? Lol the game has way more players than that.
I watch the top streamers dying and say how much they love the league. Most of them are already in Merciless.

When they can't kill a portal mob, they move on quickly. It's subjective if it's bad or not. You just choose to believe the exact opposite of what I believe, and that doesn't mean I'm wrong.
Again another hilariously awful reply. Again you are talking about the top 1% or PoE and saying how much they love the game. No shit they are willing to be play the brand new leagues 24/7 to get to merciless in one day. Seriously are you even thinking before you reply. That comment about pages is also another dumb comment. Not everyone who plays the game is going to talk on the forums, and HC are the minority when it comes to PoE. Go read that thread and then come back. Should be able to figure out why people are dissatisfied with the new league. When every time you open a portal and you have to skip the mobs it's a bad mechanic. There are no two ways around that point. The vast majority are going to skip the mobs because it's simply not worth it.

Did you seriously think about your reply before you replied? You just basically said that the vast majority of players should skip the beyond mobs. The vast majority of players are going to have shit dps when they start the new league.Most builds are going to have shit dps for a long time. Skill at the game is irrelevant at that point. More skilled players will simply know how to survive them and move on. Only smaller percentage are going to have the dps high enough to deal with these mobs. If the vast majority are going to skip the mobs then what's the point of the beyond league. Again simply because you had good luck doesn't mean everyone else is having the same luck.

The drop rates are identical to regular magic, and rare mobs. You just happened to be lucky enough to get a good drop. Your reply doesn't take into account all the people who only play self found. What do you say to them get fucked? You didn't really even address any of the issues I presented. All you said is run away. Again low level gear the mob has haste, life regen, extra life, quick attacks, and damage over time. Somehow though I'm supposed to run away. I'm playing the game to try and progress through not to be constantly kiting mobs, and running away. That' s a garbage reply.

Your point about the top players loving PoE is hilariously awful. So you are telling me people who play and stream 10 hours a day plus love the game regardless of the content. Wow that is incredibly shocking. I would have never believed it. I can already guarantee you this. There's going to be a balance patch for beyond coming in the near future. Bet your house on it.

Again another hilariously awful reply. Again you are talking about the top 1% or PoE and saying how much they love the game. No shit they are willing to be play the brand new leagues 24/7 to get to merciless in one day. Seriously are you even thinking before you reply. That comment about pages is also another dumb comment. Not everyone who plays the game is going to talk on the forums, and HC are the minority when it comes to PoE. Go read that thread and then come back. Should be able to figure out why people are dissatisfied with the new league. When every time you open a portal and you have to skip the mobs it's a bad mechanic. There are no two ways around that point. The vast majority are going to skip the mobs because it's simply not worth it.
^^^^^ This!

I'm not going to claim I know what most Beyond players think about the league. I do know that HC players tend to be more...well, hardcore about things and thus may be more apt to like the challenge of Beyond, and/or look forward to getting to a point where their dps can match portal mobs.

That being said, I think it's telling that there's very little discussion about Beyond on reddit. I remember many folks posting pics of various Rogue Exiles they ran into or crazy Invasion bosses, or even Nemesis mobs. Before the patch came out many people were excited by the names of the various portal bosses, which were revealed beforehand. Yet today...most of the talk is about new uniques, maps, and various bugs.

One thing that struck me about the build up to this patch was the lack of any gameplay videos about the leagues. GGG released a video showing how the player housing works, but no rampage or beyond stuff was played through. I thought that was pretty weird, given all the stuff they showed for previous patches. I know they tested this league, I know there was a beta, etc...but I wonder what the feedback was like. Ultimately I think the league can be fixed with a couple changes (increase drops, decrease life regen/life pools on portal mobs) but first impressions are important...and they seem to have whiffed it.

Again, I'm liking Beyond outside of the drop rates. But I'm probably in the minority within this thread.

I'm not going to claim I know what most Beyond players think about the league. I do know that HC players tend to be more...well, hardcore about things and thus may be more apt to like the challenge of Beyond, and/or look forward to getting to a point where their dps can match portal mobs.

That being said, I think it's telling that there's very little discussion about Beyond on reddit. I remember many folks posting pics of various Rogue Exiles they ran into or crazy Invasion bosses, or even Nemesis mobs. Before the patch came out many people were excited by the names of the various portal bosses, which were revealed beforehand. Yet today...most of the talk is about new uniques, maps, and various bugs.

One thing that struck me about the build up to this patch was the lack of any gameplay videos about the leagues. GGG released a video showing how the player housing works, but no rampage or beyond stuff was played through. I thought that was pretty weird, given all the stuff they showed for previous patches. I know they tested this league, I know there was a beta, etc...but I wonder what the feedback was like. Ultimately I think the league can be fixed with a couple changes (increase drops, decrease life regen/life pools on portal mobs) but first impressions are important...and they seem to have whiffed it.

Again, I'm liking Beyond outside of the drop rates. But I'm probably in the minority within this thread.

Beyond is an alright idea but with how much work is required to deal with the mobs and how random the portals spawn (I've gone over an hours seeing only 1 orb per pack at best, but all of a sudden, every kill is now spawning them in docks.), I don't see how I can control such a random element, other then kill a few guys, move a screen away to a clean area and continue. Maybe have a marker or something, like how a curse looks, to mark if the mob is likely to drop an orb so you can judge the chances of a portal spawning and can maybe thin out the pack in a different way to control where the orbs are placed. Or we could do the whole nerf those guys into the ground and treat them like normal white mobs or maybe buff their loot table a bit. That's how I see it so far.

And with that said, I think GGG has to come together and rethink how hardcore leagues are made from now on, because right now, it seems the softcore league has all the fun and interesting stuff while HC gets the punch in the balls. I don't mind HC being a bit tougher, that's kind of why people want to play it, including me, however, I don't always like taking on the tougher league only to be rewarded less for more effort. Last leagues had strongboxes for softcore but for hardcore they had invasion bosses that could kill you from off-screen before you even knew they were there (at the start). Softcore, with no real danger to their character, only EXP in later modes, were showered with extra chances for items from the boxes and from the mobs themselves. Hardcore on the other hand were flipping coins to see if they could survive the next step because an invader that was one of those off-screen killers could be on their map and you'd never know before it was too late Even after killing an invader, it never seemed like they were any better then a magic monster in terms of item drops and were a big waste of time to take on, near the start that is. Things did get better, the combined leagues and even now, showed how the invaders could pose a challenge but still be fair, even if they don't drop great stuff for the extra bit of work you had to put into dealing with them. I would like to see them balance out their extra risk with a bit more reward You know, some kind of light at the end to show that, yes, it's going to be more work then if you were in the softcore leagues but it isn't like we're gonna make you do it all for totally free, a small bone or two await you for all the extra effort. And that's kind of what I want from the HC leagues, I agree to take on a tougher mode but I expect to get a bit more out of it then softcore and I'm not talking about 2x the items or big stuff like that, small stuff is fine like maybe getting onslaught from some portal monsters? A better chance at currency drops on some? An increase of masters appearing for beating them? Something like that, something to show me that it wasn't all for nothing.

TheFatOne

Ohh there's currently people talking about beyond on reddit, but it's just mainly one thread of complaints. Beyond is a limit to leveling for the people who don't race. It's just far too tedious. I have to stop kite, stop kite, run, kite, run kite just to clear basic areas. Spots that should be ok just to get a level or two are way more tedious because of the beyond mechanic. This seems like it was made based on players above level 60 or people in maps. It seems ok for end game, but early game/mid game it's just a real bore. If there was a real reward for defeating these mobs this wouldn't be an issue, but as it currently stands it's invasion 2.0 Started exactly like invasion as well. Way over tuned.

Lots of good points. It's the one thing that drives me crazy about GGG. They don't really have a clue when it comes to HC leagues. Their philosophy is to increase the risk of HC, but they don't like giving players a reward for it. They just think that HC players just want a harder game that's why they play HC. It's tiring. Once they balanced invasion it was way better. They were like extra exiles. Some were extraordinarily dangerous for certain builds, others were easy. They dropped enough items were I felt like it was a nice balance between risk reward. I really love this game even though my last few posts have been super negative. I was just extremely excited for the new leagues, and then GGG decided to not really test beyond.

Edit: The thing that annoys me the most was all that talk GGG had about being able to control the portals. That simply isn't true at all the way the current game is. How they didn't catch that is beyond me. That seems like such a simple thing to catch as well. It's quite obvious now that they spent most of their time for the taiwan launch because beyond, and the some of the master quests are not balanced at all.

Rufus

Yeah, you really don't have that much control over when beyond portals open. If you use an AoE skill of any kind you will get blindsided by them. Strongboxes and shrines are especially notorious for this.

Yet at the same time, I can already tell that trying to open the bigger portals can be such a pain in the ass when you have to kite shit back into the same area. I can't image the players with alpha access haven't noticed and/or mentioned it.

At least the beyond mobs don't one-shot me... Though the Flame Surge and Unrighteous Fire combo is sketchy, especially early on when you don't have the resits.

Edit: The thing that annoys me the most was all that talk GGG had about being able to control the portals. That simply isn't true at all the way the current game is. How they didn't catch that is beyond me. That seems like such a simple thing to catch as well. It's quite obvious now that they spent most of their time for the taiwan launch because beyond, and the some of the master quests are not balanced at all.

That one gauntlet quest from the armorsmith guy, holy hell that was one of those times I was sure I was dead. Two ice nova totems in a narrow space that I have to take damage from with a ton of big mobs blocking the way and something with a faster attack aura following me and that spirit bombing me with fire traps to stop my ES regen. Decided to just run for it with whatever I had left in the flasks and hope the exit was near.

Yeah, you really don't have that much control over when beyond portals open. If you use an AoE skill of any kind you will get blindsided by them. Strongboxes and shrines are especially notorious for this.

Yet at the same time, I can already tell that trying to open the bigger portals can be such a pain in the ass when you have to kite shit back into the same area. I can't image the players with alpha access haven't noticed and/or mentioned it.

At least the beyond mobs don't one-shot me... Though the Flame Surge and Unrighteous Fire combo is sketchy, especially early on when you don't have the resits.

Flame surge is such a pain in the ass. Had to fight those things in a master mission and a rare version from a portal had: Life regen, gains endurance charges, increased crit and something else. Could not kill him once he reached 30% because of all the endurance charges he got and the regen, took all my mana flask charges and even killed all the enemies in the mission to recharge mana/charges and he was never dipped below 30%, I just skipped him and ran to the finish. Man, fuck space demon squids

Yeah of course they're nerfing it because of all the crying when there's dying.
They can improve the visuals of the portals and add a timer to the spawning to prevent getting killed by spawn lag. I haven't partied, but I do see health scaling with parties and beyond monsters being too much.

I haven't skipped a single beyond mob. They've been really easy so far.

Looked at the General discussion forums and I don't see the complaint threads for the couple of pages. 7 pages is nothing when there is easily 30+ pages for build discussions.

Top Bottom