• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

Started my 4th character last week, currently in warbands atm, is it me or is the economy on items really upside down? Bright beaks were selling for 15+ chaos 2 weeks ago... I'm confused. I played self found last league since I didn't have as much time on my hands but this league is strange.

Hey, I was wondering if I could have officer permissions? Seems like I'm the only one around playing HC every league. Who's running the guild now?

Zynx

Started my 4th character last week, currently in warbands atm, is it me or is the economy on items really upside down? Bright beaks were selling for 15+ chaos 2 weeks ago... I'm confused. I played self found last league since I didn't have as much time on my hands but this league is strange.

GGG messed around with the rarity tiers for a lot of uniques:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1348278/

Also, with the entire rebalance of gems, monster damage, and especially the changes to some important game mechanics, what's desirable has really changed.

@Haly, nice drops.

KKRT00

Hey, I was wondering if I could have officer permissions? Seems like I'm the only one around playing HC every league. Who's running the guild now?

I have the full rights. I can give You officer right. I general play only in weekends, because in week days i hardly have desire to look at any screen anymore after work ;\

---
Same. I wasted 3 chaos crafting an amulet recently. The end result was pretty good but I should have saved instead...

I hope they come up with a more intuitive trading system because lord knows I'm too lazy to use Procurement, and while I like the barter/bargain system of haggling prices in game...often times I don't feel like doing that.

My solution would be to add a merchant master to the game, which you could level up in order to add a shop to your hideout. Players could search through some type of in-game bulletin board for shops to visit, plus you could advertise your shop in chat.

(The merchant master could also add MF to gear) :p

I have so many ideas for trading mechanics that are easy to implement for GGG even with their current systems and UI, its not even funny ;\

Cerity

Do the warband threat levels that you see on the world map reflect on the maps you run?

I just ran a map that was freshly taken by one of the bands and boy that was intense, warchief and a number of the normal warband mobs. Really would have liked to know beforehand lol.

Got my Ice Crash Marauder to Cruel. Pretty fun skill. This is the first melee character I didn't give up on after 20 minutes.

Nerfed Malachai is still pretty crazy lol. I really should have taken an instant life flask in there.

I have the full rights. I can give You officer right. I general play only in weekends, because in week days i hardly have desire to look at any screen anymore after work ;\

Ahhhh, yes, I understand.

If you could give me rights, that would be wicked. My IGN is the same as here, Busta_SMurk.

GGG messed around with the rarity tiers for a lot of uniques:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1348278/

Also, with the entire rebalance of gems, monster damage, and especially the changes to some important game mechanics, what's desirable has really changed.

@Haly, nice drops.

I knew they messed with rarity tiers but I never really looked into it too much. Seeing lightning coils going for 7ex with no sockets or links and rainbowstrides going for 2ex+ is crazy. Making some of the good leveling uniques harder to get is just beyond stupid and hurts progression for those that aren't trading tycoons. Maybe I just don't understand this bigger picture he is talking about just yet.

At least you can get shav's for relatively cheap now. Not that is really matters with this focus on armor anyways.

Edit: I am also salty that my build which should have been around 5-10 exalts is now 30+ lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Game is near unplayable to me since I started playing again.

10-20 minutes to start the game.

2-3 minutes between each loading in-game.

Also, the Internet at my place is currently averaging me out at ~200-300 ms at all times. Dominus kill at 900 ms spikes during rain phase was interesting.

Zynx

I have a question about the GAF guild. Are we keeping it as a place for GAF posters only, or can we consider other options? Interest in PoE in general is rising, but GAF guild participation is still pretty low - heck, we have a few posters here who have left for greener pastures.

Game is near unplayable to me since I started playing again.

10-20 minutes to start the game.

2-3 minutes between each loading in-game.

Also, the Internet at my place is currently averaging me out at ~200-300 ms at all times. Dominus kill at 900 ms spikes during rain phase was interesting.

Have you tried the GGPK defragmenter? After lots and lots of patches, the content.ggpk gets really unorganized and bloated which might be slowing down your loading. I used it myself and the game seems to load faster for me.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/28060
(Don't use this if you play through Steam.)

Don't think there's much you can do about your ping though. Have you clicked the server dropdown box to see if there's any others with better ping? Also, if your ping is bad, make sure you choose predictive (and not lockstep) in your options.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thanks man, gonna try and use it. And no, no steam version.

Wooooooooooow.

I think it was CaptainKirk I was talking to in Guild chat about the new Corrupted zones in maps.

I just farmed one, and seriously got out with 3x 6-links, and 3x 5-links. All I had to do was get a mob to about half life, kite it, wait for tempest to arrive, hop in it, and finish off the mob.

Also got an amazing amulet, which was a direct upgrade to the one I was using, in every way, so I'm so stoked right now.

Also, loot filters guys, use one!:

kWbZxXp.jpg

9LTuM70.jpg

TheFatOne

Wooooooooooow.

I think it was CaptainKirk I was talking to in Guild chat about the new Corrupted zones in maps.

I just farmed one, and seriously got out with 3x 6-links, and 3x 5-links. All I had to do was get a mob to about half life, kite it, wait for tempest to arrive, hop in it, and finish off the mob.

Also got an amazing amulet, which was a direct upgrade to the one I was using, in every way, so I'm so stoked right now.

Also, loot filters guys, use one!:

Yea I was trying to tell everyone about it before I stopped playing. Corrupted zones are by far the best zones. It's the perfect blend of risk reward. Sometimes you do stupid shit to group mobs together and dive in to kill them all, but the risk is definitely worth the reward. Make sure you use poetempest.com. Although watch out for trolls. I used that with one of the reddit global chats to find them. It sucks because they are so damn rare for lower lvl maps it seems.

I'm still paying attention to the game even though I'm not playing anymore hoping they change the defensive stuff. If they changed monster damage or added more defensive options I would be back in a heart beat. Doesn't seem like that is going to change anytime soon unfortunately.

Yoshichan

Final boss act 4 was the best boss I've ever fought against in ARPG history

Insanely challenging (especially on HC because of panic-mode), ridiculously good mechanics and overall amazing atmosphere.

10/10

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yo... what level maps are you corrupting to get that.

Yo... what level maps are you corrupting to get that.

Is he running corrupted maps or is on Tempest with corruption tempests active? The latter hands out 5 and 6 sockets like candy with a pretty high amount of links. That's kind of nice for budget/new players, the corrupted 5Ls are dirt cheap and make good starting map gear.

Beat Malachai on Cruel. Never got hit by his big ground slam attack, which has been nerfed to be super slow. When I killed him pre-nerf in normal it never seemed like a bad mechanic. It wasn't fast, wasn't slow...if you got hit by it, it was your fault IMO. Oh well.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is he running corrupted maps or is on Tempest with corruption tempests active? The latter hands out 5 and 6 sockets like candy with a pretty high amount of links. That's kind of nice for budget/new players, the corrupted 5Ls are dirt cheap and make good starting map gear.

Ah I see.

Rufus

I have a mind to reserve all my Templar's mana and run my attack off of the blood magic gem. Seems the way to go if you have he regen to support it, even if using mana pots or investing in mana regen isn't the worst thing in the world. It's just the better choice.

Yoshichan

Went from act 1 normal to next to final boss act 4 cruel today.

I feel unstoppable but merciless is gonna rek me. I currently have 75 all res (except chaos), how much does it decrease from cruel to merci?

Edit: also, I can't ever imagine going back to softcore after this.

Rufus

You lose another 40% going from Cruel to Merc, so -60% total. Don't worry too much about chaos, though it's of course great is you can get it. Lightning and fire are the most important, but since tempests can randomly add a lot of cold damage to everything, you can't run around with 50% cold as well as you could before.

Yoshichan

Could anyone in Tempest league buy me Blood Magic :/ Doesn't exist for Shadows in vendor...

Yoshichan

Final boss cruel dead... my heart is exploding.

Dunno what got me. Whatever it was, it hit me to 1/3, I repped with seething, and it hit me again right after. We're talking .2 of a sec total. Dunno.

Yoshichan, join the GAF Guild, or add me in game, I can help you out.
TqyGNfU.jpg

Yoshichan

holy shit dude, that sucks so much... I'm so sorry.

Add me on Yoshichan (or is it character based? In that case it's YoshiMagmaHC)

How do I join the guild?

Yoshichan

Okay how did I play this unguilded?

Best experience ever, best guild ever

Dunno what got me. Whatever it was, it hit me to 1/3, I repped with seething, and it hit me again right after. We're talking .2 of a sec total. Dunno.
[/IMG]

Was it bearer orbs? I'm this close to dumping ice crash for reave on my shield marauder due to how much of a graphic mess ice crash makes. I have some outrageous paranoia whenever I am near a magic pack and actually reroll off bloodlines mod on maps because bearers are a rip waiting to happen w/ ice crash.

Morokh

Possible to get a guild invite ?

current character is called Nethalia in warbands but I'll be jumping back to Tempest as soon as I am 82

Yoshichan

Act 3 on merciless now! HYPE!

Slow and steady...

Was it bearer orbs? I'm this close to dumping ice crash for reave on my shield marauder due to how much of a graphic mess ice crash makes. I have some outrageous paranoia whenever I am near a magic pack and actually reroll off bloodlines mod on maps because bearers are a rip waiting to happen w/ ice crash.

Maaaaaaaaaaybeeee, wait, how does bearer work exactly?

Edit: Yes, it had to be. I sat at the resurrect screen for like 15 minutes mousing over everything as it walked around, and I believe I saw a single bearer mod at one point. I didn't play in the league these mods were introduced, and obviously, with the UI mess of Ice Blast, wasn't weighing the threat properly. Lesson learned.

Yoshichan

Act 4 merciless now... 12:50pm. I'm completely done, my brain can't even react fast enough to use flasks at this point :lol

Rufus

Yeah, that's worrying me too. I need to get a 5L so I can run Inc Area without nerfing my damage too much. That usually gives me enough space to see the mods.

Don't think I'll play this character much beyond 82 though.

Yoshichan

And I'm awake. Barely slept these past 3 days because I keep dreaming of getting shrekt in-game...
Dat 15 Energy Shield roll.
Hahahaha

Yoshichan

THE TOUCH OF GOD

TheFatOne

So I need a big favor in tempest. I'm looking for a six link armor chest piece. If any of you find one while doing a corrupted zone I would love you forever if you would give it to me. Not looking for killer stats. Just some armor.

Yoshichan

haha ain't nobody got time for that!

Level 73... just started act 4. Yeah I wanna be on the safe side lol.

Yoshichan

Top Bottom