• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penny-Arcade: "Marketers of the Avenger Controller are thieves and liars".

Loxley

Scott Lowe, one of IGN's Tech editors, has been Tweeting about Christoforo and Ocean Marketing, pretty much bitching him out for claiming he's bestest bros with IGN.

@OceanMarketting Please refrain from referring to me or IGN as support for you, your company or your clients. You do not have it.

Paul Christoforo's claims that he has my and @IGN's support are UNFOUNDED. I worked with him briefly and he was completely unprofessional.

He seems to have cancelled his twitter account.

And HEEEEEEEERRRRREEEEE come the pretzels!

This has just brightened my day. I've worked in customer sevice in one way or another my whole life. People like him will never change until they are exposed in the light (and sometimes not even then). There are a thousand better ways to handle anything he said in those emails. So Good!

You may have a point. I saw the posts about his site literally being plagiarized from other websites (as well as the tweet from IGN calling him "unprofessional" to deal with) and it was only a matter of time before his business failed.

Still, I feel sorry for his family- no kid wants to find out his dad is a bad guy (especially if/when he hears about this at school), and no wife wants to hear that "oops, we won't be able to make a living anymore."

all his fault and probably inevitable- but this has got to be painful.

Yeah, I never wish ill upon the family of these douchebags but then I realize that most douchebags like this have a support net consisting of equally douchebaggy people.

Sucks for the kids in a situation like this for sure.

You may have missed the small fact that his wife also works with/for him at Ocean Marketting :p

Her career may not be affected, but her current income is likely to be impacted :p

I doubt they had many clients. If they did I would imagine almost all of them will move their business to a legitimate PR firm.

Foffy

Banned
According to her LinkedIn:

Well...I hope the husband and/or wife have relatives who'd be willing to support that kid if their entire living was this tanker made of deceit. :p

Maybe the husband can go back into cooking, if he isn't a bullshitter with recipes.

Sometimes the interwebs will do the right thing in regulating jerks.

An internet lynch mob tearing through every online presence the guy has ever had doesn't seem like 'the right thing', or even a vaguely appropriate response to me.

The guy was an asshole to a customer, and by implication failed at his job.

I'm a little disturbed at the shitstorm that has provoked, and the glee some people are showing at the ease with which his professional and personal life is being shredded.

Jobiensis

Well...I hope the husband and/or wife have relatives who'd be willing to support that kid if their entire living was this tanker made of deceit. :p

Well, if they move a couple miles inland they could have a cheaper and nicer apartment.

Doesn't matter, douches always land on their feet.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder what he thinks right about now. Is he still going with "This will be forgotten in 2 weeks" or is he actually at least thinking about coming clear and apologizing? Is he even noticing what's just happening? Can't help but thinking "What would I do".

I'd say 'poor guy', but, honestly, he earned this.

Freki

An internet lynch mob tearing through every online presence the guy has ever had doesn't seem like 'the right thing', or even a vaguely appropriate response to me.

I'm a little disturbed at the shitstorm that has provoked, and the glee some people are showing at the ease with which his professional and personal life is being shredded.

and 4chan isn't even involved (yet)...

perhaps this will serve as an example how to not treat your paying customers...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

The guy is in the wrong line of work, plain and simple. He has no business doing anything remotely close to PR work. He also ruined the reputation of a client through his own internet toughguy diatribe.

Need I remind you that this guy LITERALLY asked for this. He actually thought this would end positively for him.

He learned the hard way that he's not untouchable, and he knows nothing about contacts relations or the internet.

Loxley

This whole fiasco is practically the definition of Schadenfreude.

He also appears to have misrepresented himself as a professional on a plagiarised website, written shill reviews on Amazon, abused and bullied other customers, and may have kept money for a non-existent product (although that's not entirely clear). I wish more assholes were outed like this, it might make them think twice about their scams.

and 4chan isn't even involved (yet)...

perhaps this will serve as an example how to not treat your paying customers...

generally, I don't think they touch any reddit crusade with a ten foot pole. reddit is pretty silly, it's like they have some guy pick their Outrage of the Week and then go on a tantrum, then almost immediately forget about it.

this is pretty funny tho. It's like working karma. Back in ye olden times, you could behave like a jackass, do all sorts of shady shit then ride your horse out of town without really fearing the repercussions. Now, the shit you do and say stays online for the rest of your life, which is why I want a breathalyzer hooked up to my computer. Too drunk to drive, too drunk to post.

He started bragging about his power, and his connections, saying that against Mike's will, he was going to have a booth at PAX if he wanted one. He then threatened a smear campaign against PA. This goes way beyond failing at his job, he made active threats.

ElRenoRaven

He started bragging about his power, and his connections, saying that against Mike's will, he was going to have a booth at PAX if he wanted one. He then threatened a smear campaign against PA. This goes way beyond failing at his job, he made active threats.

Exactly. He went beyond business and made shit personal. Once he did that then he lost any sympathy.

Moofers

No, he welcomed a smear campaign from Penny-Arcade. He literally challenged them to bring this shitstorm upon him.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
No, he welcomed a smear campaign from Penny-Arcade. He literally challenged them to bring this shitstorm upon him.

No. He asked for bad PR, this is true, but he also threatened to put his marketing team on a smear campaign on Gabe, his site, and his e-mails.

Come on, man. Read more carefully! :p Didn't you also say that Gabe posted his personal information?

tuffy

He said being on Penny-Arcade would be "Great !!" and that he "loves PR" as of 9:46 PM last night.

I wonder if he still does.

This whole fiasco is practically the definition of Schadenfreude.

Probably, doesn't always make it wrong. People live to see a villian go down. It's what makes the ending of The Shawshankt Redemption my favorite ever. I hope this douche had that same look as the warden when he can't believe how screwed he is.

He said being on Penny-Arcade would be "Great !!" and that he "loves PR" as of 9:46 PM last night.

I wonder if he still does.

Also, this...he asked for it.

Grath

Paul said:
Your sites amateur at best my son could put together a better site than yours and you run PAX ?? Wow , Ill put my marketing team on a smear campaign of you and your site and your emails , I have about 125 dedicated people to run PR , Blogs , Articles , Videos you have no clue who I am .

Doesn't seem so.

Edit: beaten of course

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
3x5pp.png

Again, I don't buy it yet. What has MacHeist have to do with anything of this? (Besides getting lots of clicks)

Andrew.

Banned
The "38 year old sounds like a douchier version of the "game designer" in Grandma's Boy. Way to act professional. "You just got told" what an ass

Top Bottom