• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penny-Arcade: "Marketers of the Avenger Controller are thieves and liars".

Is it really terrible that I'd like to learn for sure whether or not this friend existed? I mean, I really, really don't want to be an asshole about it if it's true, but...

This is one of the easiest things he's said for me to believe, actually. When you start abusing any kind of drug that's supported by an underground culture, like heroin or steroids, it's inevitable that someone you met in the process will die from overdose.

Frankly this whole story could be summed up with "don't do drugs kids."

edit: of course the real question becomes was this actually a friend or merely a convenient acquaintance? That's where I'd be immediately skeptical.

At first, I avoided this thread because I figured it was just gonna be something minor, blown out of proportion.

Stupid me! What a good read. I love seeing stuff like this unfold.

x2

Although I still did not understand it completely. This is too insane to be a real thing; is it just a stunt?

His posts did not reek of someone who was having a bad day. It reeked of someone who is arrogant, overconfident, a bully and and an asshole. That apology is full of crap.

scy

Is it really terrible that I'd like to learn for sure whether or not this friend existed? I mean, I really, really don't want to be an asshole about it if it's true, but...

We'll be terrible together then, it was my first thought too. I mean, it's possible, especially given the other bits of info we've ... learned, but same thought crossed my mind too. Hooray, we're terrible people!

And the added information from Brandon Leidel makes me question the sincerity of his apology (apollogy?) in general anyway :/

His posts did not reek of someone who was having a bad day. It reeked of someone who is arrogant, overconfident, a bully and and an asshole. That apology is full of crap.

His post was basically "I'm sorry, but these emails are flooding my inbox and I can't see whether Bang Bros has been updated with new sluts."

The whole development of things makes me rage, smile and sad at the same time.

This moron has some serious problems and should seek professional treatment. But on the other hand all of these tweets and manic emails are highly entertaining, I gotta admit.

Moofers

His post was basically "I'm sorry, but these emails are flooding my inbox and I can't see whether Bang Bros has been updated with new sluts."

I lol'd.

I thought he sounded like he was overwhelmed and somehow shocked at all the attention. Like "Holy shit I really fucked up who knew these nerds would be so powerful?" kinda thing. I'd say he learned his lesson, but then I guess its not up to me. :)

Sullichin

Wow that's great stuff right there. The people thinking the apology was sincere ought to read this.

I like this comment:

Jennifer December 27, 2011 at 9:06 am This guy is the exact opposite of what PAX represents, I will be at PAX east and I’m sure if this douchebag showed up, he would have me and 70,000+ of my closest friends to contend with. PAX goers don’t go to PAX just because it’s a game convention, we go because Mike and Jerry are awesome, care about their fan base, and want to show their appreciation. I would gladly take the soft monkey that is Jerry and Mike over the wire monkey that is this evil corp. that says hugs and love aren’t important because I’ll just throw some controllers and my big name or connections around. I’m female and things like unicorns and ponies are important to me, penny arcade is full of win in the form of unicorns and ponies.

just because it made me feel warm and fuzzy about PAX. She's right, PAX is no place for disingenuous assholes.

Axion22

I just have to know if he drives a lifted truck with fake nuts hanging off the back.

Edit: We checked this apology with that plagiarism checker, right?

Seriously, it's like when a kids parents tell their child to say sorry, and they look at the person with the angriest eyes and say with no sincerity, "sorry".

Wow I remember when this thread was just one page last night. I didn't think it would blow up the way it did. Hilarious!

That apology sounds phony to me. Like Cartman phony. If this were an ISOLATED incident, sure I could believe it's stress. But considering all the other past incidents where he acts the same way, plus with all the other deceptive stuff going on, this is clearly him going for broke to retain any semblance of a business reputation he has left.

EDIT:
The guy plagiarized an entire fucking website. I wouldn't be surprised if he used some sort of template for an apology.

Considering how well it's spelled, I wouldn't put it past him.

Amagon

Can I get a tl;dr of whats going on right now? I haven't been following this news since 11am est this morning. Anything new to update?

Moofers

I like this comment:

just because it made me feel warm and fuzzy about PAX. She's right, PAX is no place for disingenuous assholes.

And the comment:
Jennifer December 27, 2011 at 9:06 am This guy is the exact opposite of what PAX represents, I will be at PAX east and I’m sure if this douchebag showed up, he would have me and 70,000+ of my closest friends to contend with. PAX goers don’t go to PAX just because it’s a game convention, we go because Mike and Jerry are awesome, care about their fan base, and want to show their appreciation. I would gladly take the soft monkey that is Jerry and Mike over the wire monkey that is this evil corp. that says hugs and love aren’t important because I’ll just throw some controllers and my big name or connections around. I’m female and things like unicorns and ponies are important to me, penny arcade is full of win in the form of unicorns and ponies.

WTF? Sounds like the most embarrassing crowd at PAX.

Xater

K780i.png

Hey Dave,

I just wanted to apologize for the way our emails progressed from beginning to end , You caught me on an extremely bad day and I had been dealing with 100’s and hundreds of emails trying to explain the situation to everyone on where the product was and you just pushed me a little too much and I should have just apologized and tried to explain things better. Also I had a really bad day losing a friend to an overdose and the stress of my newborn baby and the Holiday ,missing my family and just stressing on getting product out to everyone and why it was held up in customs wore me out.

I am deeply sorry for any disrespect , aggravation or lack of information on the delivery date. We knew when product was leaving china and we were trying to adhere to a strict deadline but due to port issues and air freight issues. The units are domestic now and awaiting pick up at customs . So we missed the 17th deadline and I apologize for that but it was out of my control and besides me no one else was helping me handle the situation so imagine the weight on my shoulders.

I’m not asking for any sympathy just for some understanding and forgiveness , I’m human just like everyone else and made a mistake. I underestimated you and its cost me a lot of trouble thousands of spam emails , a lot of personal bashing , and internet spam and trouble and just overall stress with my wife and newborn. I ask that you please accept my apology as a peace offering I will refund your money and give you your 2 units/Avengers free of charge please help me to get some of this negativity removed or at least my personal name although its already all over the internet and the calls and emails will not stop but any help will be appreciated especially with penny arcade as Mike and edit his own website I owe him an apology too which I will write next.
Well he certainly didn't learn his lesson about punctuation.

blazeuk

I dont understand the bad day angle either, sure people have bad days, but working in this type of position, sadly for him, does not afford you the right to talk to customers the way he did. The problem I have with that excuse is that it's been shown over the course of the day that it's not just an isolated incident and he actually speaks to alot more people this way.

People have bad days, they don't have to talk to other people the way he did and if customers are causing him to explode the way he does then he's not in the right job and rightly deserves to have it known how he treats people.

He has no-one to blame but himself, if he treated people with abit more respect he would have avoided the whole thing.

GlamFM

Banned
It was a fun ride, but now I think it´s time to let go.

He probably learned his lesson.

EDIT: Just read the letter from Brandon to Kotaku. DON`T LET GO! THE GUY IS WORSE THAN I THOUGHT!

Yanksfan

The guy plagiarized an entire fucking website. I wouldn't be surprised if he used some sort of template for an apology.

I doubt an apology template would be that poorly constructed. It not only read as one big jumbled mess, but it also lacked any intention of truly being sorry for his actions.

Edit - Beaten by Gabe.

Dipswitch

This guy should have paid attention to the old adage "Treat others as you'd like to be treated".

Could have saved himself a lot of grief.

SarBear

How someone can apologize without being even 1% accountable is beyond me. Good GOD, this shit was so forced and unbelievable.

ElRenoRaven

I underestimated you and its cost me a lot of trouble thousands of spam emails , a lot of personal bashing , and internet spam and trouble and just overall stress with my wife and newborn.

MUAHAHAHA. From a you ain't shit attitude to oh shit man my bad. I didn't know you was a badass. I can't stop laughing.

I don't know about this. According to the updated steroid article on Kotaku, it looks like Paul here may have pretended to be someone else when Kotaku tried to get a comment from N-Control. (http://kotaku.com/5871400/cut-paul-...toforo-a-breakhe-probably-just-has-roid-rage/) Best not take his apology to heart just yet.

See that makes me feel no sorrow for them either then. They were warned about this scumbag and that this would happen and they decided he was a good choice to make.

Telling it like it is. That's why I like Mike.

Bentendo

Your. You're. It's difficult to take either side seriously when they insist on writing like an eight year old.

You know, I'm honestly surprised that you're more bothered by that and not the following sentence: "Son Im 38 I wwebsite as on the internet when you were a sperm in your daddys balls and before it was the internet, thanks for the welcome to message wurd up."

EDIT: Holy! 1,150 replies? And I thought we were on the first page still. :/

Top Bottom