• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penny-Arcade: "Marketers of the Avenger Controller are thieves and liars".

"Student
Newbury College
“Listening to Paul Christoforo talk about Social Media is like listening to Donald Trump talk about real estate or Tony Robinson give an inspirational speech; he really knows his craft regarding social media and explains it in a way, even the most computer illiterate can understand. I have seen his methods work time and time again for all types of companies who were thrilled with his results.” May 18, 2010
Holly E., Director of Operations, Ocean Marketing Inc,
studied with Paul at Newbury College"

Vastag

Got to love it:

caption.png

Google search:

TOpbs.jpg

Internet can be an amazing place.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I noticed in the emails that the dude namedrops G4 a few times. I'm considering actually watching Attack of the Show tonight just to see of he gets shit on by kevin perreira's smug Portuguese face.

I really feel bad for the guy who actually makes the controller. His entire business is now ruined because he was swindled by a complete fraud. I hope he files suit against Paul the PR Douche.

This should serve as a reminder of why it is incredibly important to know who you are partnering with in any venture, especially if that person is going to be the voice of your company.

"Student
Newbury College
“Listening to Paul Christoforo talk about Social Media is like listening to Donald Trump talk about real estate or Tony Robinson give an inspirational speech; he really knows his craft regarding social media and explains it in a way, even the most computer illiterate can understand. I have seen his methods work time and time again for all types of companies who were thrilled with his results.” May 18, 2010
Holly E., Director of Operations, Ocean Marketing Inc,
studied with Paul at Newbury College"
That's his wife.

Salaadin

I really feel bad for the guy who actually makes the controller. His entire business is now ruined because he was swindled by a complete fraud. I hope he files suit against Paul the PR Douche.

This should serve as a reminder of why it is incredibly important to know who you are partnering with in any venture, especially if that person is going to be the voice of your company.

Have they even responded to this yet?

Axion22

Just googling his name alone... myspace page!

URL: theangrypimp03

(So, I don't think he's ever sought treatment/received any meds to go off)

Music:
It's Been Awhile (Clean Edit)
STAIND

(The dog tags are in line with this)

sixghost

People should be very careful in who they associate with professionally.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I don't get it, why is he retweeting the negative posts directed at him @OceanStratagy? This guy is an idiot.

Because he hasn't realized that his website still automatically updates with tweets from that account, despite the fact that he no longer has claim to that twitter account.

I feel kinda bad for the company. Their Amazon reviews went from decent to tanking in less then half a day. I wonder if they can sue him for pretty much destroying their reputation before the product hit the mainstream.

Man.... between the Amazon page, Twitter, Know Your Meme...

Way to close your company out with a bang (his PR company that is... not the controller company).

I wonder if they can sue him for pretty much destroying their reputation before the product hit the mainstream.

I sure as hell would.

Darklord

Banned
I feel kinda bad for the company. Their Amazon reviews went from decent to tanking in less then half a day. I wonder if they can sue him for pretty much destroying their reputation before the product hit the mainstream.

They should be on the ball then. Fire his stupid arse, remove them as far away from his as possible, personally try and fix any issue with the customers who complained and get in contact with PA.

They should be on the ball then. Fire his stupid arse, remove them as far away from his as possible, personally try and fix any issue with the customers who complained and get in contact with PA.

Unless they really are all on vacation and this just happend under the radar. But then if you own a company I guess you should be on top of whats going on every waking moment.

Perhaps this is his way of dealing with a disagreement that might be happening between him and his clients.

Some damage has been done (Amazon ratings beatdown etc) but the actual controller company can get past this by firing the douchebag responsible and making a public apology denouncing all of his actions.

Codeblue

This has gotten so much more amazing since 5:00 AM.

Stealing the name to promote indie games is pure genius.

Also, I don't really feel bad for the makers of the controller. Their "Stupid people don't know how pre-orders work" remark from a few weeks ago is not how you talk to customers. Seriously, don't trash people who gave you money on Twitter.

Edit: I guess it would make sense for the marketing company to run that Twitter, though.

This truly is the Christmas that keeps on giving. This guy is like an angry, illiterate, roided-up Santa dispensing lulz to all the good little boys and girls of the internet!

Apdiddy

Unless they really are all on vacation and this just happend under the radar. But then if you own a company I guess you should be on top of whats going on every waking moment.

Perhaps this is his way of dealing with a disagreement that might be happening between him and his clients.

You'd be surprised by how many people want to start a business and not have a clue how to run it. They see the internet and think "I can make money with this" despite not having any decent work experience or history in running a business.

Anyone have contact informaton for N Control? They really need to say something and find a better marketting firm. Preferably one that can spell marketing.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
This truly is the Christmas that keeps on giving. This guy is like an angry, illiterate, roided-up Santa dispensing lulz to all the good little boys and girls of the internet!

He's still going on on stuff? I thought it was the PA post, then he lost his twitter....

It's the holidays so it might take a couple of days extra but I think we can fully expect a statement from N-Control announcing the firing this guy and the disavowal of everything he's said and done along with a frank apology very soon.

Some damage has been done (Amazon ratings beatdown etc) but the actual controller company can get past this by firing the douchebag responsible and making a public apology denouncing all of his actions.

The only saving face now is posting this guys personal contact information and passing out free pitchforks and torches to the angry masses!

It's the holidays so it might take a couple of days extra but I think we can fully expect a statement from N-Control announcing the firing this guy and the disavowal of everything he's said and done along with a frank apology very soon.

Unless the pull a Dr. Strangelove it will feel half hearted.

Bizazedo

Anyone have contact informaton for N Control? They really need to say something and find a better marketting firm. Preferably one that can spell marketing.

Frank Shephard
Business Development Director for N-control.

His twitter is @Tatterr.

Only thing I can find.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

Yes indeed. He may be a grade a asshole but his actions are beyond the norm. He needs to be disposed of and it's too bad as he is a family man but he can be a professional and not muck up his life by doing his job right. Good riddance I say and hopefully the wife and kid turn out alright.

Moofers

Holy shit @ the site being plagiarized. The rabbit hole goes deeper still...

Gotta say though, I'm not cool with PA posting the guy's phone number like that. There are some fuckin crazy people who will drag his wife and kid into this. Imagine one of them answering the phone to somebody threatening to send them a bomb and they have no idea their stupid husband/dad did all this stuff.

Top Bottom