• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penny-Arcade: "Marketers of the Avenger Controller are thieves and liars".

HAHAHAHA and Gabe:

cwgabriel @cwgabriel 38m
yup I did get an apology from Paul. There is a difference between being sorry and being sorry you got caught.

Chris Paultoforo @OceanMarteking Close
@cwgabriel I take that apology back. Your the duchiest wwebsite!

ElRenoRaven

HAHAHAHA and Gabe:

cwgabriel @cwgabriel 38m
yup I did get an apology from Paul. There is a difference between being sorry and being sorry you got caught.

Oh it gets better. He's all over every site reporting on it talking shit about them. MUAHAHAHAHAHA.

HAHAHAHA and Gabe:

cwgabriel @cwgabriel 38m

Holy shit, he's going nuclear on everyone who mentioned him all day:

https://twitter.com/#!/OceanMarteking

Guys, that's obviously a fake twitter account, look at it.

1. NControl dumps that dumbass in the trash
2. Issues a heartfelt apology and refunds mistreated customers
3. Gets in contact with PA for a big contribution to Child's Play, maybe a donation of a stock of controllers to handicapped children
4. ????
5. PROFIT!!!!

DJ88

Something's wrong here...the suupposedly fake email is written in a decent English, with a decent punctuation, therefore it cannot be him, from all we know it's something out of his reach...

Maybe not as bad as his other emails, but then again, this email just isn't long enough to truly showcase his awful spelling and punctuation. Look again at the fake email from Paul.

Hey Joel,

3rd party agency we were using to help us through the Holidays . I think things are a bit blown out of proportion on this today.

His signature spaces between punctuation couldn't hide. Even "this today" sounds like it should have been "this day".

sonicmj1

Maybe not as bad as his other emails, but then again, this email just isn't long enough to truly showcase his awful spelling and punctuation. Look again at the fake email from Paul.

His signature spaces between punctuation couldn't hide. Even "this today" sounds like it should have been "this day".

Nah, that last part is right, or at least right enough. "This" refers to the whole incident, not "today".

The telltale punctuation spaces never lie, though.

ElRenoRaven

OK now something is up with Amazon. Just refreshed the 360 version's page on amazon to see new reviews. Got this.

Looking for something?
We're sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site

Gabe posted this after receiving one of the "apologies" on the PA site. Didn't see it quoted in this thread:

Gabe said:
I have a real problem with bullies. I spent my childhood moving from school to school and I got made fun of everyplace I landed. I feel like Paul is a bully and maybe that’s why I have no sympathy here. Someday every bully meets and even bigger bully and maybe that’s me in this case. It’s the same thing that happened with Jack Thompson. It might not always make the most business sense and it is a policy that has caused us some legal problems, but I really don’t give a shit about that. When these assholes threaten me or Penny Arcade I just laugh. I will personally burn everything I’ve made to the fucking ground if I think I can catch them in the flames.

SyNapSe

Unreal. How do you even get a job marketing with that ability to create sentences. He couldn't even be bothered to install a spell checker for replying to business emails.

He must have been a hell of a salesmen during the interview.

This thread just reminded me of something; What ever happened to that Jeff Bell guy from Microsoft? The one who sent that snarky PM to MasterNinja and then resigned shortly after.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
http://penny-arcade.com/2011/12/26/an-update1

I think there is a big difference between being sorry and being sorry you got caught. I have a real problem with bullies. I spent my childhood moving from school to school and I got made fun of everyplace I landed. I feel like Paul is a bully and maybe that’s why I have no sympathy here. Someday every bully meets and even bigger bully and maybe that’s me in this case. It’s the same thing that happened with Jack Thompson. It might not always make the most business sense and it is a policy that has caused us some legal problems, but I really don’t give a shit about that. When these assholes threaten me or Penny Arcade I just laugh. I will personally burn everything I’ve made to the fucking ground if I think I can catch them in the flames.

-Gabe out

Wow. Srs business.

HAHAHAHA and Gabe:

cwgabriel @cwgabriel 38m

E7gAV.jpg

Volimar

Good God, this is like the Internet equivalent of the end of Scarface.

I agree. With the crazy way he's acting, I'm worried he might hurt himself, or others. He deserves a lot of what he's getting, but he already seems unhinged, I really don't want his family (if he really has one) to be there when he snaps.

Something's wrong here...the supposedly fake email is written in a decent English, with a decent punctuation, therefore it cannot be him, from all we know it's something out of his reach...

There actually was a big clue in it, besides the e-mail address.

Hey Joel,

3rd party agency we were using to help us through the Holidays . I think things are a bit blown out of proportion on this today.

Brandon Leidel,
Director of Marketing
brandon@avengercontroller.com

Same punctuation spacing.

GOD PLEASE HAVE THE CAMERA'S on at the PA office today SERIOUSLY this could be the best PATV ep yet (and their have been some amazing ones where I have cried because it was soooo good).
Damm I hope really really hope that they are there today dammmmmmmmmmmm.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
HAHAHAHA and Gabe:

cwgabriel @cwgabriel 38m

Damn. Didn't realize Gabe ruled over a Duchy. Very impressive.

Top Bottom