• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Penny-Arcade: "Marketers of the Avenger Controller are thieves and liars".

Zomba13

I've been seeing more "wwebsite as on the internet" from other people. The meme spreads.

I quite like the whole "I wwebsite as on the internet" thing. At least at the moment. It makes no sense and I don't understand it at all but it makes me laugh and think of someone who doesn't have a clue what the internet is.

I quite like the whole "I wwebsite as on the internet" thing. At least at the moment. It makes no sense and I don't understand it at all but it makes me laugh and think of someone who doesn't have a clue what the internet is.

I still laugh every time I see that geico tweet. Hysterically. My wife thinks I've lost it.

scy

Next up: domestic abuse? Yeah that was mind control. Aliens.

wKs1X.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Indian freelancers. AHAHAHAHHAhAHAHHAHAhahaHAHAHAHHAHAHAhAHAHAHhahAHAH. Now I've heard everything. This guy can be funny.

Apdiddy

I take it everyone saw Kyle Orland's follow up with the dude? Doesn't help his case...

http://ingame.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...stened-gaming-rep-responds-to-internet-infamy

I read the article and I don't really understand how someone like that guy could get a job as a PR/marketing rep for a company. Yes, there are better ways to handle situations but if what you are doing is not working, then maybe the problem is you. There are people like me with bachelor's degrees who can't even get a decent job for Christolfo's sake! That's what bugs me the most -- and the youtube videos that get dug up of the guy's bikes and his neighborhood.

Sadly, his behavior reminds me of many line cooks/main cooks at chain restaurants who, oh by the way, don't have to work with customers directly. If they don't like how a customer is 'acting' because he/she is 'pushing me around,' they'll be a surprise in that person's food. I don't think the guy really gets it -- it doesn't matter if he wasn't aware of who he was talking to, never say in email or on the phone what you don't repeated elsewhere.

The crappy thing is now this waste of space will milk this controversy to try to make money off of it and try to do what Charlie Sheen did, instead of realizing 'oh shit! I might not have a legitimate job/career in this field again!'

Someone on SA linked to a facebook page for a "gaming group" that Paul is listed as an owner of. They also have a youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/xtacmods

Products:

www.avengercontroller.com ( The Avenger Controller XBOX 360 Adapter )
www.kontrolfreeks.com ( FPS XBox 360 Adapter Accessory )
www.xtendyourgame.com ( Xbox 360 Accessory )
www.squidgrips.com ( Xbox 360 Accessory )

Squid Grips is a fantastic name for a product.

Tell me you bought Squid Grips.

ElRenoRaven

Oh, see, the plagiarism on his website isn't his fault.

https://twitter.com/#!/KyleOrl/status/152121571799072768

ROFLMAO. Indian freelancers. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Someone on SA linked to a facebook page for a "gaming group" that Paul is listed as an owner of. They also have a youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/xtacmods

Products:

Well. Interesting. Consider those never bought. Course I wouldn't have anyway but they can damn well bet I won't now.

Squid Grips is a fantastic name for a product.

Tell me you bought Squid Grips.

I thought so too until I checked the page and realized what the product is intended for. ewwwwwww

I thought it was gonna be all "have the dexterity and responsiveness of an invertebrate with eight appendages!" Instead it's "slimy hands? We've got you covered." X-P

The msnbc interview is unreal. Still an ass. "If I'd have known who it was..." Yeah, really? Having a shred of integrity and business sense means treating everyone fairly. And blaming the initial customer who emailed? Why would anyone who uses the Internet not assume that an email can go anywhere at anytime? I write every email - work and private - with the thought that it could end up on the front page of the newspaper.

Yagharek

This clown just keeps digging. All he had to do was apologise for being rude and he could have saved face. The original email chain simply shows him going after the customer he thought was wrong. He may have had a point if the customer was wrong, but that wasn't the case.

No doubt he'll come out of this shining, because arseholes always get ahead.

Someone have a summary of whats going on? Shit appears to have escalated further.

No it hasn't. The only interesting things that have happened today:

1) Paul gave an interview on msnbc fully cementing every negative thing anyone has said about him

and

2) The wwebsite meme has begun in earnest

ElRenoRaven

Products:

No it hasn't. The only interesting things that have happened today:

1) Paul gave an interview on msnbc fully cementing every negative thing anyone has said about him

and

2) The wwebsite meme has begun in earnest

Well the Examiner updated with more details that really bring into question the company that makes the item.

Phreaker

I really don't like this guy.

The only regret he has is that he talked shit to the wrong person, not that he shouldn't have been an ass in the first place.

Right? And the irony was he gave Mike at PA that same advice in his email to him. "I’m born and raised in Boston I know the people who run the city inside and out watch the way you talk to people you never know who they know"

I really can't stand these Paul-types and know one personally. Actually, I am related to him (not Paul, but someone very much like him). Was it a surprise to see some the shit about Paul that has floated to the surface? Not one bit because this relative has done the exact same crap. As Brandon Leidel (someone that worked with Paul and that Paul was pretending to be in an email) pointed out "he is a street thug masquerading as a self proclaimed "Marketing Professional".

One thing you can usually be sure of: the more someone brags about who they know and the contacts they have, the fewer people they know and the fewer contacts they have.

itsgreen

One thing you can usually be sure of: the more someone brags about who they know and the contacts they have, the fewer people they know and the fewer contacts they have.

True thought of that earlier. If you actually know people you are ashamed of name dropping them because they might not like it....

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
That interview....damn. The guy needs a therapist. And his wife needs her head checked along with divorce papers.

What a horrible narcissist.

Had a pretty busy day at work today couldn't follow it all outside of seeing the examiner interview. I missed the msnbc interview [just finished reading it] and I'll say this the guy hasn't learned a damn thing. Like I stated in a previous email he didn't know who mike was, showing he was completely out of the loop with one of his clients. He's not apologetic at all even going so far as to try and justify his actions toward the customer that exposed him.

All in all guy didn't learn anything and is still of the mindset he can turn this situation into a positive. I feel bad for the guy. Not because of the backlash but because he is so out of touch with the basis of his business. Social Media..... :/

Anzan

Neo Member
Hate the PR guy, but I feel really bad for the company that makes the controller, which is interesting and really does look like it has potential to be helpful for those who are disabled with limited dexterity in their hands.

I felt so bad I spent 20 minutes today writing my first Amazon review ever (5 stars) and upvoting other 5 star reviews while downvoting the 1 stars. I wish people on the internet were reasonable enough to see where the line is between hurting an innocent and hurting an asshole. :-/

hteng

Banned
wow, it even escalated to the news media? holy shit, i really don't see how he can turn this around, the more noise he makes, the more shit people will just throw at him. This thread won't die as long as he has something to say.

rhino4evr

This guy was a dick and got attacked by the Internet gamer community until his entire life was put out to the public. Can you guys give it a rest. There is a line to cross here. Plus, doesnt GAF have strict rules about "Internet detectives"

I could have sworn I've seen stuff like this closed once things get personal.

Anzan

Neo Member
Why? It has historical value! N-Control's last ever PAX appearance!

I hope Mike gives N-Control another chance since they've removed Paul and have taken steps to improve the situation. I hate the "guilty by association" mentality of the internet. We can't always control the actions of the people we hire and work with, and companies shouldn't be considered wholly irredeemable any time they have some sort of screw up. What a dark world we would live in if there were zero second chances, especially considering Paul, once again, was an outside contractor and not part of their company. :-/

itsgreen

This guy was a dick and got attacked by the Internet gamer community until his entire life was put out to the public. Can you guys give it a rest. There is a line to cross here. Plus, doesnt GAF have strict rules about "Internet detectives"

I could have sworn I've seen stuff like this closed once things get personal.

I am sure there is, but next to the fact that nobody here cares enough to dig deeper, good for us, that line isn't in sight imo...

Especially after that interview... assholes will be assholes, let him roll in it.

There is nothing personal about him in here... and he deserves it.

Top Bottom