• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

PK Gaming

No one has mentioned how Elizabeth has stated that Sho has shown her that the power of solitude can be equally as powerful as the power of friendship she witnessed in P4A.

Bad Guy™: Muhaha! Tremble before my mighty powers, puny mortals.
Yu: It's no good... I can't do it... Sorry guys.
Everyone: YU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mitsuru: Is there no hope... for the future?
???: Hmph, giving up already?
Everyone: HUH?!?
Yu: Sho?!?
Sho: Miss me? I thought you were better than that katana-boy.
Bad Guy™: You're still alive? Whatever. It is of no importance. You won't change the outcome. Not one bit.
Sho: We'll see about that! (You play as Sho here btw, and bring the boss down to 40% life)
Bad Guy™: It's just as I thought. You puny humans cannot hope to stop me. This is the end.
Sho: I hate to say it, but he's right. He's way too strong for me.
Yu: I have an idea. What if we...
Sho: ...Combined our powers? Yeah, that just might work.
(Cutscene where Yu and Sho defeat the boss)
Everyone: We saved the world!
Yu: Wait, Sho! Where are you going?
Sho: Like I said earlier; you live by your own way, I live by my own way.
Yu: Sho... You taught me something. Isolation makes you powerful... but so does Companionship! There's no reason to completely reject the bonds of others!
Sho: Walking a path between Isolation and Companionship huh... Yeah, that sounds interesting.
(Sho walks off into the sunset.)

THE END

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Chisato is Sho's wife-arm, infused into him with the power of papilion heart.

m3eFKLn.gif

Setsu00

Bad Guy™: You're still alive? Whatever. It is of no importance. You won't change the outcome. Not one bit.
Sho: We'll see about that! (You play as Sho here btw, and bring the boss down to 40% life)
Bad Guy™: It's just as I thought. You puny humans cannot hope to stop me. This is the end.
Yu: Sho... You taught me something. Isolation makes you powerful... but so does Companionship! There's no reason to completely reject the bonds of others!
Sho: Walking a path between Isolation and Companionship huh... Yeah, that sounds interesting.

THE END

... That's what's going to happen, isn't it? There is no hope for the future.

Setsu00

Can Sho please die? I mean, I don't hate him (not yet, at least), it's just that I don't want him to get redeemed like so many characters in fiction before him.

I sound like a downer, don't I?

Squire

Banned
Yeah, there's like a 90% chance PK is right on the money.

I'm good with that. I'm actually a sucker for redemption stories. I like bad guys/anti-heroes going out heroically, if not seeing the light before it's too late and joining up with the good guys altogether.

THE END

wait did you work for 4kids

Moonlight

Banned

THE END
I have some tears in my eyes, excuse me.

PK Gaming

Can Sho please die? I mean, I don't hate him (not yet, at least), it's just that I don't want him to get redeemed like so many characters in fiction before him.

I sound like a downer, don't I?

If he dies, it'll only be because he sacrificed himself. I mean he's just... not ugly enough to straight up fail, like
Mitsuo.

Is that a Kingdom Hearts reference?

8.png

FluxWaveZ

Your standards are too low.

I don't really care. Any story can sound stupid when summarized like that, including the whole of the Persona series. For me, it's the execution that matters, not the tropes used. Having an antagonist and protagonist fight together against a greater evil or them gaining a better understanding of the path they choose to live their lives—accepting one another in the process—sounds completely fine to me.

Yeah, there's like a 90% chance PK is right on the money.

I'm good with that. I'm actually a sucker for redemption stories. I like bad guys/anti-heroes going out heroically, if not seeing the light before it's too late and joining up with the good guys altogether.
Same here, though I think that depends entirely on whether I like Sho as a villain that I want him to be redeemed.

kewlmyc

What the hell is happening?

Also, put me on the redemption side of this argument. Don't really want this to happen, but it probably will. He'll be the cool anti-hero that too cool for school and drives a Harley because he doesn't play by the rules.

Meia

People dared criticize what I did to the front page, yet I come back after only a few hours and I see a Chamy pic. @_@

Corvo, you understand I just bookmarked this page for use in the next Pgaf thread now, right? :D

Squire

Banned
If he dies, it'll only be because he sacrificed himself. I mean he's just... not ugly enough to straight up fail, like
Mitsuo.

8.png

Goddamn that is a valid point.

Same here, though I think that depends entirely on whether I like Sho as a villain that I want him to be redeemed.

I'm pretty sure I will. Flux has pointed out some of the stuff he says in battles before. Seems like a fun guy.

CorvoSol

You monster.... What have you done?

I made things "Awesome."

Corvo, you understand I just bookmarked this page for use in the next Pgaf thread now, right? :D

The future is a better place for it, now.

Mitsuo.

God damn this point is amazing. "Oh sure, Labrys is an android killing machine whose repressed mental break-down nearly killed us all, but I mean, shit, she's hot and this is Yosuke's one chance at getting laid, so of course we're going to forgive her." and "Yeah Marie is an angry, vindictive storm-lord capable of literally raining thunder down on us at a moment's notice and part of a conspiracy to kill us all, but Senpai's harem knows no bounds." "Oh yeah, sure, Jun spent the whole game raising Hitler from the dead and ejecting cities into space, but his hair is more fabulous than both Maya and Lisa's combined, so we gotta let him be on our team."

"But no way are we letting that ugly, awkward kid into our party. Have you seen that mole on his face? Ew."

Levito

Banned
Between all the cattiness and bad Sonic bathroom wall fanart, it's like we were suddenly transported back to high school again.

Egg Man™: Muhaha! Tremble before my mighty powers, puny hedgehog.
Sonic: It's no good... I can't do it... Sorry guys.
Everyone: SANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Knuckles: Is there no hope... for the future?
Sonic: Shadow?!?
Shadow: Miss me? I thought you were better than that, needlemouse.
Egg Man™: You're still alive? Whatever. It is of no importance. You won't change the outcome. Not one bit.
Shadow: We'll see about that! (You play as Shadow here btw, and you homing attack him 3 times)
Egg Man™: It's just as I thought. You puny rodents cannot hope to stop me. This is the end.
Shadow: I hate to say it, but he's right. He's way too strong for me, the ultimate lifeform.
Sonic: I have an idea. What if we...
Shadow: ...Combined our powers? Yeah, that just might work.
(Cutscene where Sonic and Shadow use the power of the Chaos Emeralds together)
Everyone: We saved Mobius!
Sonic: Wait, Shadow! Where are you going?
Shadow: Like I said earlier; you live by your own way, I live by my own way.
Sonic: Shadow... You taught me something. Chaos Emeralds makes you powerful... but so do shitty friends! There's no reason to completely reject the bonds of others!
Shadow: Walking a path between Chaos Emeralds and shitty friends huh... Yeah, that sounds interesting.
(Shadow skates off into the sunset.)

THE END

I'm in team Sho will realize his mistakes
I think YOU'RE the fake Persona user around here, Narukami!
This makes a lot of sense.
Labrys probably has that as a built in feature. That or they'll reveal that Sho is actually the one who drove the car that killed Chisato Dojima.
Oh yeah, that mystery needs to be solved.
this is amazing
I totally expect a moment like when Sora says that he is only powerful because of his friends (and people he doesn't even know appear alongside him) to be in P4A. lol
"Yeah Marie is an angry, vindictive storm-lord capable of literally raining thunder down on us at a moment's notice and part of a conspiracy to kill us all, but Senpai's harem knows no bounds." "Oh yeah, sure, Jun spent the whole game raising Hitler from the dead and ejecting cities into space, but his hair is more fabulous than both Maya and Lisa's combined, so we gotta let him be on our team."
wait what

Lunar15

(Textbook shounen dialogue)

Basically this. Sho is going to sonic the hedgehog the fuck out of this game. He's literally like a dark narukami rival. Same clothes, same hair, just alternate colors.

*goes back to look at the previous page*

FUCK, CORVO WHAT ARE YOU DOING.

EDIT: OH MY GOD, COLDMAN.

afoni

Banned
im an ideasmith

im a person(a) who comes up with great ideas

today im going to share my idea of a real time singleplayer shared world rpg that takes place over the space of a year and takes a year to finish

persona is the best fit, so let's call this hypothetical PERSONA 5 in all caps so i can make sure you all understand

im also going to bold it

PERSONA 5

are you sitting down okay get ready

Imagine PERSONA 5 is like any other Persona game. It has social links, it has a year on the calendar, it has day phases, personas, dungeons, etc. Now, imagine that the game is released in weekly episodic chunks, released worldwide and takes a whole year to finish. At the end of a week in PERSONA 5 you are given a set of time points to spend on activities, social links, dungeon crawling, what have you. At the end of the week, you're locked into not being able to progress. PERSONA 5 is designed so that every week, you unlock more time points and, at certain points in the fictional world of Neo-Inaba, you go through 2 week long dungeons that must be beaten in that two week period or the game resets back two weeks. People who join late will get access to all of the currently updated events in the game, giving them the ability to catch up with other PERSONA 5 players. It is a shared world experience, where everyone's story and the characters in it are the same, but everyone's avatar isn't the same. Some weeks will be very slice of life, others will offer major story events. The setting is a city that acts in itself as an institution designed to educate its citizens. Think a mega-prison, but for students. You are a nameless student of this city and, potentially, may interact with other students during the downtime that the end of each weekly phase offers. The theme of the game is linked to this, with the lack of player identity being linked to the bureaucratic nature of the city and its attitude to the students that life and study in it. PERSONA 5 offers to players the mystery of the city, its benefactors, and the nature of the institutions that run it. After a year, when the game has finally been fully updated, the game is then complete, and anybody can play through it in an offline state. The game will fuel discussion and speculation as it is updated and will lead to a year long experience like no other game has ever offered

this is PERSONA 5

please dont steal my idea btw this is oc

thanks

Lunar15

Needs more college, afoni.

Also, what you described sounds exactly like GW2, save for the setting. I find this amusing.

CorvoSol

Egg Man™: Muhaha! Tremble before my mighty powers, puny hedgehog.
Sonic: It's no good... I can't do it... Sorry guys.
Everyone: SANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Knuckles: Is there no hope... for the future?
Sonic: Shadow?!?
Shadow: Miss me? I thought you were better than that, needlemouse.
Egg Man™: You're still alive? Whatever. It is of no importance. You won't change the outcome. Not one bit.
Shadow: We'll see about that! (You play as Shadow here btw, and you homing attack him 3 times)
Egg Man™: It's just as I thought. You puny rodents cannot hope to stop me. This is the end.
Shadow: I hate to say it, but he's right. He's way too strong for me, the ultimate lifeform.
Sonic: I have an idea. What if we...
Shadow: ...Combined our powers? Yeah, that just might work.
(Cutscene where Sonic and Shadow use the power of the Chaos Emeralds together)
Everyone: We saved Mobius!
Sonic: Wait, Shadow! Where are you going?
Shadow: Like I said earlier; you live by your own way, I live by my own way.
Sonic: Shadow... You taught me something. Chaos Emeralds makes you powerful... but so do shitty friends! There's no reason to completely reject the bonds of others!
Shadow: Walking a path between Chaos Emeralds and shitty friends huh... Yeah, that sounds interesting.
(Shadow skates off into the sunset.)

THE END

It's so beautiful

im an ideasmith

today im going to share my idea of a real time singleplayer shared world rpg that takes place over the space of a year and takes a year to finish

persona is the best fit, so let's call this hypothetical PERSONA 5 in all caps so i can make sure you all understand

im also going to bold it

PERSONA 5

Imagine PERSONA 5 is like any other Persona game. It has social links, it has a year on the calendar, it has day phases, personas, dungeons, etc. Now, imagine that the game is released in weekly episodic chunks, released worldwide and takes a whole year to finish. At the end of a week in PERSONA 5 you are given a set of time points to spend on activities, social links, dungeon crawling, what have you. At the end of the week, you're locked into not being able to progress. PERSONA 5 is designed so that every week, you unlock more time points and, at certain points in the fictional world of Neo-Inaba, you go through 2 week long dungeons that must be beaten in that two week period or the game resets back two weeks. People who join late will get access to all of the currently updated events in the game, giving them the ability to catch up with other PERSONA 5 players. It is a shared world experience, where everyone's story and the characters in it are the same, but everyone's avatar isn't the same. Some weeks will be very slice of life, others will offer major story events. The setting is a city that acts in itself as an institution designed to educate its citizens. Think a mega-prison, but for students. You are a nameless student of this city and, potentially, may interact with other students during the downtime that the end of each weekly phase offers. The theme of the game is linked to this, with the lack of player identity being linked to the bureaucratic nature of the city and its attitude to the students that life and study in it. PERSONA 5 offers to players the mystery of the city, its benefactors, and the nature of the institutions that run it. After a year, when the game has finally been fully updated, the game is then complete, and anybody can play through it in an offline state. The game will fuel discussion and speculation as it is updated and will lead to a year long experience like no other game has ever offered

this is PERSONA 5

thanks

All I read was PERSONA 5. Thats all I need to read. Day 1.

Tiu Neo

I'm kinda missing the pointless game lists, right now.

I... don't know what to think about Corvo's post. It's beautiful. And horrible.

im an ideasmith

im also going to bold it

PERSONA 5

this is PERSONA 5

thanks

I actually think this is a good premise for a game, just not Persona 5.

Top Bottom