• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

PK Gaming

But the Miracle Never Happen

phoenix-emo.gif

Musolf815

On the one hand, I meant no offense (Sincerely!) and I apologise.

On the other hand, I probably shouldn't have to come into the thread and say "Hey, no posting spoilers from the end of a game." or "Hey, let's not derail the thread for two pages whilst we stop discussing things and just shout lists into the ether".

I hate you both.

If it's any consolation I'm sorry. :<

Can I play Persona 4 Arena for the fighting game aspect of it? I haven't played Persona 4 yet, but P4A is $12.99 on PSN and I love Ark Sys fighters.

"Say hello to the Persona 5 protagonist, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air!"

I just want to know how Seven Pounds and After Earth tie into this.

That said: Man even on "Hard" Yukiko will lay the boss flat if you have the
Persona Evolution Skill

"Oh, you're going to reflect my elements back at me?"
*breaks mirror*
"SEVERE FIRE"
(600+ damage a pop)

*6 turns later* VICTORY!
That's m'girl!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I... ambivalent toward
Marie
's dungeon. I don't really care for the "gimmick" it was interesting for like three floors, but when you're going 10 floors down, it starts to drag.

That said: Man even on "Hard" Yukiko will lay the boss flat if you have the
Persona Evolution Skill

"Oh, you're going to reflect my elements back at me?"
*breaks mirror*
"SEVERE FIRE"
(600+ damage a pop)

*6 turns later* VICTORY!

Hey PersonaGAF! Did anything interesting happen latel- Oh. Oh god. I'm gonna need therapy to get all that Sonic fanart out of my head.

Slightly Off-Topic, but still SMT-related at least: I finally started playing Digital Devil Saga. How the hell did I miss this game during the PS2 era? I'm not all that far in yet I think
Working with the Maribels to invade the Solids' base right now
, but I'm already totally in love with this game.

I started Nocturne as well, but DDS is taking up all my attention now. Nocturne is pretty cool too, but the story and setting of DDS has completely drawn me in. Is there any chance a DDS3 might happen? Or does DDS2 decisively wrap everything up?

Hey PersonaGAF! Did anything interesting happen latel- Oh. Oh god. I'm gonna need therapy to get all that Sonic fanart out of my head.

Slightly Off-Topic, but still SMT-related at least: I finally started playing Digital Devil Saga. How the hell did I miss this game during the PS2 era? I'm not all that far in yet I think

I started Nocturne as well, but DDS is taking up all my attention now. Nocturne is pretty cool too, but the story and setting of DDS has completely drawn me in. Is there any chance a DDS3 might happen? Or does DDS2 decisively wrap everything up?

At the risk of spoiling DDS2:
yes.

Snakeyes

I don't know about that, but I do know that they have said they took the criticism and knowledge that they gained from working on the first game to heart when it came to creating P4AU's story (reflected partly by the fact that they now have the overarching, BBCP flowchart structure instead of the individual story structure that P4A had). Then there's the fact that it's been reiterated that this is where it all ends—bringing with it a certain finality to the P-1 GP events—and all of the questions that this game will probably answer. A lot of interesting plot threads are converging in this story, and I am very interested to see what happens; really, just the fact that it has the Episode P3 and Episode P4 structure made me reassured.

Plus, Erin Fitzgerald said P4AU's story is awesome, and she's pretty cool.
Ok, that does sound kinda hype.

Tiu Neo

What if tomorrow's news are the very first P4D real info we get since last year...

and it is "Exclusive Sonic based costumes for every character!"?

Mdesilva

So I started Soul Hackers… I didn't get to play much at all yet, but this game is SO 90s.

Not in a bad way! But if you've played it, you know what I mean :p

Trigger

I was pretty satisfied with how everything plays out in DDS2,
and I think it's a much better game than Nocturne in all honestly

King Fost

Neo Member

Digital Devil Saga is probably my favorite of the Megaten franchises I've played thus far and my favorite RPG. I actually wouldn't mind if Persona 5 used it as a source of inspiration for their own ideas.

Also I just realized that every PC in P4 has a statistical counterpart in DDS, so that's pretty cool.

Digital Devil Saga is probably my favorite of the Megaten franchises I've played thus far and my favorite RPG. I actually wouldn't mind if Persona 5 used it as a source of inspiration for their own ideas.

Also I just realized that every PC in P4 has a statistical counterpart in DDS, so that's pretty cool.

What do you think's a more likely DLC for SMTxFE? Raidou or DDS?

pan-hime

if you order P4GA vol. 1 DVD/Blu-ray from Jika Net Tanaka, comes with an arrange CD with special mixes of Next Chance to Move On, Dazzling Smile, Time to Make History, and Memories.
samples here

Kazzy

Aloha!

What have I missed in the world of Persona, in say, the last...month?

Nothing - the answer is nothing.

I played SMT IV last summer and loved it.

I started P4G and about 10 hours in... and still feel like I'm doing it wrong. Is it pretty hard to screw things up if I don't really care about getting 100% or the platinum achievement?

LX_Theo

Banned
You missed it when I got that guy from Atlus drunk until he gave me info about Persona 5 but made me promise not to tell.

Prequel to Persona 4 where Yu did the exact same thing with different people (Persona 6 will be about him trying to manage his time between his two groups of friends and girlfriends), but for radios... Right?

I started P4G and about 10 hours in... and still feel like I'm doing it wrong. Is it pretty hard to screw things up if I don't really care about getting 100% or the platinum achievement?

Just take it at your own pace. Spend time however you feel like it and don't feel the need to be competitionist about it, especially on your first run. The biggest suggestion to be made would be to save people sooner over later.

Caladrius

if you order P4GA vol. 1 DVD/Blu-ray from Jika Net Tanaka, comes with an arrange CD with special mixes of Next Chance to Move On, Dazzling Smile, Time to Make History, and Memories.
samples here

I need that Time to Make History remix.

You're right. I'd best restrict my expectations to
'folks who by all rights should be dead'.

No I mean development has to start first.

Aloha!
What have I missed in the world of Persona, in say, the last...month?

Nothing - the answer is nothing.

You missed the SonicxPersona Fan art.

Kazzy

You missed it when I got that guy from Atlus drunk until he gave me info about Persona 5 but made me promise not to tell.

I secretly know everything, but I just can't tell you for...reasons. Just know that I know, and it makes me superior. Not that I want to gloat, or anything.

&#12400;&#12363;!

Just take it at your own pace. Spend time however you feel like it and don't feel the need to be competitionist about it, especially on your first run. The biggest suggestion to be made would be to save people sooner over later.

Exactly what I needed. Thanks!

Understandable, considering P4G has FAR more things to screw up, while SMT4 only really has demons and alignment that you need to manage.

No I mean development has to start first.

It has. They mentioned it being in production at E3. They just couldn't say anything else under pain of firing.

Top Bottom