• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

PK Gaming

I played SMT IV last summer and loved it.

I started P4G and about 10 hours in... and still feel like I'm doing it wrong. Is it pretty hard to screw things up if I don't really care about getting 100% or the platinum achievement?

Pretty much impossible.

There's a sequence near the end that will lock you out of the true ending though, so watch out.

When you get to December 2nd, post here and we'll hook you up with spoiler-free answers that'll lead you on the right path.

Pretty much impossible.

There's a sequence near the end that will lock you out of the true ending though, so watch out.

When you get to December 2nd, post here and we'll hook you up with spoiler-free answers that'll lead you on the right path.

Nice, thanks! Y'all are the best.

FluxWaveZ

Anyone know if there's a good place to find the individual dev. cycles for the Persona games? We know P5 will have been in development for ~5 years when it comes out, so I'm wondering if that's the longest a Persona game's ever been in development for. (Related: Cool P4 development article from 2009 I hadn't seen before)

Have a happy Tuesday everybody.

Yep. P4AU Margaret, P4D unveil, P5 unveil and TWEWY2 announcement. Took the day off work just so I could revel in the chaos.

You know, I really wonder how we will react when we finally have some info about P5. If yesterday was the result of not having any news for a few days, I can't imagine what will be the result of having news about the most anticipated Persona game.

FluxWaveZ

You know, I really wonder how we will react when we finally have some info about P5. If yesterday was the result of not having any news for a few days, I can't imagine what will be the result of having news about the most anticipated Persona game.

Same thing as November 24, 2013.

Levito

Banned

Let's just hope it's a positive reaction, there needs to be more of that 'round these parts.

*Heeds Maya's advice*

Hey, guys, Famitsu posted some cool Persona news on their website!
(It is just promo shots for Persona 3: The Weird Masquerade. Whomp whomp whomp)

Masquerade!

ip1BC4w.jpg

Paper faces on parade . . .

sHyTVKA.jpg

Masquerade!

Ci0yeAZ.jpg

Hide your face,

1UcT73U.jpg

so the world will

gHQYcrn.jpg

never find you!

3b0cJrj.jpg

Masquerade!

VL4h4pp.jpg

Gazoinks

Hey, guys, Famitsu posted some cool Persona news on their website!
(It is just promo shots for Persona 3: The Weird Masquerade. Whomp whomp whomp)

I totally forgot about this. I'm sure it'll be just as silly live as the P4 one, but those costumes are pretty nice. Ikutsuki looks way too dashing though. :p

Mdesilva

How come it says Mitsuru and "Fuka" (lol) yet says Aragaki and Sanada? Is there some thing in Japan about calling guys by their last name and girls by their first that I'm unaware of?

LX_Theo

Banned
How come it says Mitsuru and "Fuka" (lol) yet says Aragaki and Sanada? Is there some thing in Japan about calling guys by their last name and girls by their first that I'm unaware of?

Well... I assume they're using Makoto over FeMC. And since first names are more... intimate in Japan... and the romance is not optional if you progress the social links..,

Maybe they're trying to use names the players would be more familiar or comfortable with? I don't know, though.

Nachos

Fuka's was probably too long to fit. Otherwise I'm not sire.

I'd chalk it up as resulting from Japan and English-speaking countries having different transliteration systems, which is why Yoshi from Mario will sometimes be written as "Yossy." I'm fine with that, because their system is made to be more intuitive for a Japanese speaker (though it does make a bigger case for romaji being mostly useless). I still wonder if there's anything stopping them from asking their US branch for proper English consulting, though, as that'd remove the "You are slave" issue.

Gazoinks

I'd chalk it up to Japan and English-speaking countries having different transliteration systems, which is why Yoshi from Mario will sometimes be written as "Yossy." I'm fine with that, because their system is made to be more intuitive for a Japanese speaker (though it does make a bigger case for romaji being mostly useless). I still wonder if there's anything stopping them from asking their US branch for proper English consulting, though, as that'd remove the "You are slave" issue.

Probably not worth the effort, since stuff like this and "You are slave" aren't aimed at an English-speaking audience. Unless I'm remembering wrong, didn't they fix the grammar in the English P5 teaser?

Nachos

Probably not worth the effort, since stuff like this and "You are slave" aren't aimed at an English-speaking audience. Unless I'm remembering wrong, didn't they fix the grammar in the English P5 teaser?

I could understand that, were it not for the fact that none of the material has had any intricate or hand-lettered designs, so it's almost certainly just typing out the text on an image-editing program. When they have an entire team of staff members who speak English at least at the conversational level and emails take all of ten seconds to make, you have to wonder how inconvenient it'd be to fact-check. They do have English-speakers who live in the country, and that number will only climb the more English gets integrated into every school curriculum.

And yeah, they did fix it.

LX_Theo

Banned
Oh, I get it.

Fall-os.

Ha, where there's some foreshadowing for you.

In the original run of the production, they alternated between the two MCs every show.

Huh... I'll admit, that must be tricky. Last thing I expected. Wonder if they'd be willing to do that now with P3P well behind them.

Well... I assume they're using Makoto over FeMC. And since first names are more... intimate in Japan... and the romance is not optional if you progress the social links..,

Maybe they're trying to use names the players would be more familiar or comfortable with? I don't know, though.

In the original run of the production, they alternated between the two MCs every show.

Phase 1 : Insane hype meaning very little discussion and lots of jibberish.
Phase 2 : Waifu Wars
Phase 3 : Waifu Wars II
Phase 4 : Actual gameplay discussion
Phase 5 : Story discussion

Final phase (after everything noteworthy has been discussed) : Waifu Wars III

Squire

Banned
Yoshitsune, Cu Chalainn, and Ardha.

Over/under on Maggy being the new Kokonoe?

Still gonna main.

Edit: Tangentially related: Xrd is December 4th in Japan.

Sweet. I may have to use Marg. Actually, I think im gonna use all the new characters. They're all so appealing. We still have 3 weeks left, think there's more surprises in store?

FluxWaveZ

We still have 3 weeks left, think there's more surprises in store?

We're three weeks away from the game and a character who could have easily been announced after the game's launch—since she's (presumably) a post-release DLC character—will be announced this week. Like I said before, I'm doubling down on my theory and I do think we'll be seeing a final character.

Not 100% sure about her being DLC, actually. No source has mentioned her being DLC yet, even though one would think she will be. Never mind, she is. So yeah, why announce a post-release DLC character so early? Gives me the same vibes as [Redacted]'s early announcement.

We're three weeks away from the game and a character who could have easily been announced after the game's launch—since she's (presumably) a post-release DLC character—will be announced this week. Like I said before, I'm doubling down on my theory and I do think we'll be seeing a final character.

I agree with this theory. I also think there are more surprises in store which are not character DLC based (new modes, features, etc).

Happy to see my favourite Persona character (sorry Chie) finally confirmed, and with 3 personas too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf01tSJ41VQ

Well, if thats all the news out of Famitsu this week then I expect people are disappointed.

Dont get me wrong, playable Margaret is fucking great (Best V.Room attendant + Cu Chulainn = Awesome!), but it seems a lot of people were expecting more from it this week. Especially since the Margaret leak happened a couple weeks ago.

Daimaou

Not 100% sure about her being DLC, actually. No source has mentioned her being DLC yet, even though one would think she will be. Never mind, she is. So yeah, why announce a post-release DLC character so early? Gives me the same vibes as [Redacted]'s early announcement.

Kokonoe was announced in September, BBCP launched in October, and she wasn't available until November.

Edit: Technically the same is true for Terumi, but you got him release day if you had the voucher.

My goodness, that Resident Evil news made me jump out of my seat. Im a massive old school RE fan.

Until you actually see how it's being handled. I guess it's great for people that haven't played it but I already have (including on Dolphin) so I'm not very excited.
When you play on Dolphin the character models still hold up incredibly well in HD but there's nothing you can do about the pre-rendered background. For this port they are just being upscaled and the 16:9 aspect ratio is achieved by cropping the screen so yeah, don't get too excited.

Top Bottom