• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

PK Gaming

a P4U2xstore collb.
HcgI8eW.gif

iPhone case drawn by Soejima
7UTQ45I.jpg

..and more.
T0PBVX3.gif

z2k39pp.gif

......I like the drawing and how hilarious to logo is. <_<

I NEED THAT NARUKAMI SHIRT

MY VERY EXISTENCE DEPENDS ON IT

Soulflarz

Banned
Marie just likes list threads, okay. It's in preparation for her job at Kotaku/Gamespot.
lol
But yeah. That was a list in every way
All it needed was a little clickbait and polygon would be begging for her :3

Why the hell do detective skills work on sheet music? Anyone in their group could have said that!

Did they casually mention adachi+yu were friends if only to get it out of the way?
I feel like they had a giant checklist as they made this.

Dugna

lol
But yeah. That was a list in every way
All it needed was a little clickbait and polygon would be begging for her :3

Why the hell do detective skills work on sheet music? Anyone in their group could have said that!

Because Naoto has barely anything in the show yet and she needed some lines, that's why.

Dantis

a P4U2xstore collb.
HcgI8eW.gif

iPhone case drawn by Soejima
7UTQ45I.jpg

..and more.
T0PBVX3.gif

z2k39pp.gif

......I like the drawing and how hilarious to logo is. <_<

Pretty cool picture, though again it's a sketch, rather than a full illustration.

Soejima must be busy.

Sour grapes. right.

You're all sad-face because your waifu is being ridiculed.

I took a picture of this with the intentions of making a joke at the expense of dantis. Forgot till just now, but now that the picture has been posted the joke is dead.

I'm not even sure what kind of joke that would be.

The way that this is drawn makes it look like Naoto has a lump on her ass. Also, what's even going on with her right leg? It's a shame that these have all been drawn kinda badly, because it's a really cool idea.

Completely serious. FFXIII is my favorite.

Mind you I dislike most FF games.

I saw XIII once on a stream (back before Twitch went suicidal). Liked it a lot more than I thought I would.
As for the Marie/Lightning comparison... yeah. Both characters get pushed by the creators WAY too hard, as if there's barely anything else in their respective works that matters.

EDIT: Wait, no. That's not entirely fair. At least Lightning was the actual protagonist.

Sophia

Lightning was an interesting character back when she was revealed. But that could be said for almost anything FF13 related.

Both her and Marie suffer from the same problem tho. They are horribly used by their respective creators.

Looking forward to Tara Platt's performance as Mitsuru, Zero in Drakengard 3 made me love her even more.

I'm more interested in her performance as Shadow Mitsuru. She's as good as her Japanese actress (Rie Tanaka) and that laugh at the end is legitimately chilling.

Xenoflare

I'm more interested in her performance as Shadow Mitsuru. She's as good as her Japanese actress (Rie Tanaka) and that laugh at the end is legitimately chilling.

Yes, I've played P3P undubbed and I've watched/played many of the works that she was in, that laugh in the end is downright creepy.

Xenoflare

Completely serious. FFXIII is my favorite.

Mind you I dislike most FF games.

I actually got FFXIII with my PS3, and it's also the first console I owned.

I enjoyed it first time around, but as time passes by I found more JRPG to play and I finally stopped defending it and accept the fact that it was shitty. I liked XIII-2's battle system changes.
I went in knowing the ending is TBC, how foolish of me

I decided to call it quits after Lightning Returns was announced, I've had enough. Lightning overstayed her welcome the moment when XIII-2 was out, the entire story is a train wreck, SE is not hiding the fact that XIII-2 and LR were there to patch up the money they've wasted on XIII

Sophia

Yes, I've played P3P undubbed and I've watched/played many of the works that she was in, that laugh in the end is downright creepy.

She voices Garuda in the Japanese version of FFXIV, and it's pretty a one-scene wonder because of this. She is an amazing voice actress.

Xenoflare

She voices Garuda in the Japanese version of FFXIV, and it's pretty a one-scene wonder because of this. She is an amazing voice actress.

I'll have to look that up haha,

I believe she is also one of the most prolific voice actress in Japan, and a legit Megaten fan.

In fact the entire Japanese cast for P3/4 are all stars. English as well, though VAing is not is "important" compared to Japan.

Aigis and Lighting share the same Japanese VA. Heh heh.

Dantis

I just realised that we've never done a Naoto art week.

Let's do it, guys. Draw Naoto over the next seven days, and then I'll do a post with everyone's entries in.

NAOTO ART WEEK GO!

Now that this has turned into a person questioning if there was a role usurp and what that role even was (as proof that a different character also did the role usurp) to the same person citing the exact quote that states the role quite bluntly, I think I'm going to walk away. I can see where this is going and I have no interest in watching you chase your tail.

I'M READY TO CHASE MY OWN TAIL

3VyNmsO.gif

That's an ugly way of saying agree to disagree I guess. I don't doubt anything that I've said. This was just me trying to get you to contribute more to the conversation than "nuh uh"

So in the original P4 Rise shows up and she clings to and teases Senpai, right? And that's okay because that's her. That bubbly, slightly clingy, very flirtatious monopolizing of Senpai is Rise.

But I kinda feel like in P4GA Marie has edged Rise out of the monopolizing Yu spot. I think maybe I haven't worded it properly. It's part of the larger problem that Senpai doesn't interact with anybody other than Marie, but it's especially noticeable because Rise would always pass the situational ball into Yu's court, so to speak.

That was definitely true in Episode 3, and probably will remain true in future episodes. But in this episode in particular, wasn't as big of a wreck as I thought it would be. All the things that made me like Rise in this segment are still there, from the leadership to the insight. Of course, this is not based on just interacting with the protagonist.

As for whether Rise's monopolization is okay, in a game where everyone's character is derived from their interactions with you, I'm not going to touch that because people here are just going to get mad.

CorvoSol

EDIT: Wait, no. That's not entirely fair. At least Lightning was the actual protagonist.

There has been considerable debate as to whether Lightning was ever the protagonist (I'm in the camp she was, but still.)

That was definitely true in Episode 3, and probably will remain true in future episodes. But in this episode in particular, wasn't as big of a wreck as I thought it would be. All the things that made me like Rise in this segment are still there, from the leadership to the insight. Of course, this is not based on just interacting with the protagonist.

As for whether Rise's monopolization is okay, in a game where everyone's character is derived from their interactions with you, I'm not going to touch that because people here are just going to get mad.

Perhaps okay was the wrong word for this moment. The point is that that was normal for her, because that was in line with her character. With Marie, though, it just feels weird. One of the things I liked about the original animation was that they did a decent job of balancing the hero's chemistry with everybody, whereas here it feels like it's just all Marie all the time, when even her SLink wasn't this, I dunno, forward about it?

It's really just episodes 4 and 5 I've had issues with, but the first three aren't strong enough for me to withhold a more negative outlook because of them.

Squire

Banned
I just realised that we've never done a Naoto art week.

Let's do it, guys. Draw Naoto over the next seven days, and then I'll do a post with everyone's entries in.

NAOTO ART WEEK GO!

Don't you draw your waifu enough? Just pull her tag on gelbooru. It's easier. :b

Meia

Agree 100% with Corvo.

My only real complaint with Marie from Persona 4 Golden was that her inclusion as a "new" character was handled in the most lazy way possible. She's locked into one small room in Inaba and has no natural interaction with anyone in the entire town for the year the game takes place. It's for that reason that her social links have to be "And suddenly Chie shows up!" because this is quite literally the only time the IT even knows of Marie's existence. To me, this was always the major problem with her. She has no inclusion on any of the significant events that happen throughout the story, which is lazy enough, but then they don't add her to any of the new scenes either! Hell, if you wanted a cheap way to endear her, they could have only added her to one or two new scenes in the game(in November/December especially), but no.

Much the same way as Corvo when this anime was announced, I had hoped that this problem would be fixed. But apparently the anime guys were given special instructions that after the first episode(where we see a Yu Narukami so overpowered that he, by himself, would obviously have no problems facing whatever the team has to in the TV World), there'd be no mention of the murder investigation or the TV World itself probably until very late in the show.

So now there's no way they can fix the one major thing wrong, so now we have to throw her in all of the new events. By itself this can be fine, but now they're actively making her look better at the cost of other members of the IT, and this is largely unforgiveable. When people say that the episode itself didn't feel much like Persona, that's the reason why.

Next week's Famitsu promises Cool Tips And Tricks for hot new release, Persona 4 The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold. Nothing else Persona-related is advertised.

Dantis

Nice! Her outfit reminds me of one of the alternative designs for her that Soejima played around with during her conceptualization.

Oh well, since I drew Naoto earlier this week:

What? There's Marie concept out there? I've actually never seen this. Link me?

Also, neat pic! NAOTO ART WEEK GO COME ON LETS DO THIS ALRIGHT

arue

Have a Marie.

NAOTO ART WEEK COME ON LETS DO THIS

RIP Lisa Week
(I assume it ended already, but there were so little entries >.>)

If Buddha agrees, then Naoto week it is. I never drew her seriously, so this would be fun.

I like your Marie pic btw, it's nice to see her with different outfit.

Oh well, since I drew Naoto earlier this week:

Nice one, Setsu. As Dantis said before, your signature is really cool too.

Don't you draw your waifu enough? Just pull her tag on gelbooru. It's easier. :b

Exactly my thoughts :p

Top Bottom