• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT6| Where 6 Comes Before 5 (No PQ or P4U spoilers!)

PK Gaming

Just watched [Redacted]'s gameplay and I gotta say, they really did [Redacted] justice in this game. I'm dying to know how they play competitively, since the demonstration was pretty basic. I'm not feeling feeling their theme song though...

Oh well, i'm just going to play New World Fool and call it a day.

EDIT: [Redacted] has the best instant kill in the entire game.

Come on. Try me.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Just watched [Redacted]'s gameplay and I gotta say, they really did [Redacted] justice in this game. I'm dying to know how they play competitively, since the demonstration was pretty basic. I'm not feeling feeling their theme song though...

Come on. Try me.

Who?

This show went straight to the top of my list of must watch shows of the week. If they keep the quality and humor consistent this will be great. Went from "sure I'll watch it after Terror in Resonance or Tokyo Ghoul" to "I needa watch it as soon as I get home" LOL.

Come on. Try me.

tumblr_m6aa6oGltA1qej5zpo2_500.gif

Bring it!

arue

Am I crazy or do all his faces look really similar? It's great art either way, though.

Also, the ending song has really grown on me. The rock guitars are in a style that Meguro hasn't done for years, and it's a really nice change to his normal Persona 4 guitars.

He does make all of his faces the same. It kinda applies to you too Dantis :p

That guitar intro is great. I really like that ending song too.

Meia

Come on. Try me.

It's certainly the nastiest looking I think. There's just something really just brutal about it.

Marche90

Anyone care to hook me up with a video of the new IK?

Somewhat unrelated, I'm really loving Next Chance to Move On. Catchy, and finally the opening has decent animation.

Hook me up with some Yukiko screenshots and i'll get it done. Too lazy to take screenshots, XD

Fell asleep after posting that xD

And had to rewatch the episode
. Here they are.

http://imgur.com/a/ZqHHw

Any of those useful for you? Shame her face is never as detailed as Marie's. Will have to do with somewhat crappy shots.

Also, thanks

Meia

The coolest IKs are Shadow Labrys', [Redacted]'s and Minazuki's.

Funny how that works.

I'd probably put Mitsuru's up there as well. The other ones have a lot of goofy elements to them, but those four just don't screw around. They're more simple, but have more of an impact because of it I think.

Then again, maybe it's the close up of the characters in action of it during some of them that cause more of an impact too?

Dantis

He does make all of his faces the same. It kinda applies to you too Dantis :p

That guitar intro is great. I really like that ending song too.

*shrug*

I dunno about that. I try and draw the different character's eyes differently, at least.

Gotta say my favorite IKs are [Redacted]'s, Mitsuru's, and Kanji's. The first one hitting like one of Jedah's supers in Vampire Savior gets some bonus points.

Meia

I had no idea the PQ OST would have so many tracks. So many remixes of songs from the original OST as well, just really solid. :D

PK Gaming

Anyone care to hook me up with a video of the new IK?

Somewhat unrelated, I'm really loving Next Chance to Move On. Catchy, and finally the opening has decent animation.

Fell asleep after posting that xD

And had to rewatch the episode
. Here they are.

http://imgur.com/a/ZqHHw

Any of those useful for you? Shame her face is never as detailed as Marie's. Will have to do with somewhat crappy shots.

Also, thanks

I tried my best to work around the subtitles

aO55XS7.png
CH5czXl.png

253215_SwimsuitYukiko.png
253257_SwimsuitYukiko2.png

CjdQzHb.png
1sIo8pO.png

253334_SwimsuitYukiko3.png
253357_SwimsuitYukiko4.png

And here's Chie for good measure.

J5GZaW8.png
OYCIf8o.png

253414_SwimsuitChie.png
253431_SwimsuitChie2.png

abrack08

I had no idea the PQ OST would have so many tracks. So many remixes of songs from the original OST as well, just really solid. :D

Hopefully this is the same as the soundtrack that comes with the collector's edition. I've had bad luck with soundtracks that come with LEs or CEs only having a few tracks on them

Setsu00

Hopefully this is the same as the soundtrack that comes with the collector's edition. I've had bad luck with soundtracks that come with LEs or CEs only having a few tracks on them

As far as I know, the soundtrack included with the LE is actually the Japanese pre-order bonus. That means, it'd have four tracks (remixes of the opening and some battle themes).

Sophia

The bangs on Labrys's hair aren't neatly trimmed like they are on Yukiko and Rio's hair. They do all have pretty similar hairstyles however.

Silky

Banned
I've never seen that person in my playthrough of P3P. GUESS I KNOW WHAT IM DOING TODAY!!!!

Also that recent Catherine thread has given me a strong urge to purchase Catherine again. It's $10 digitally, but...I kinda want a retail copy.

Meia

Does PQ only have new tracks or does it have many P3/P4 remixes too?

Most of it is new tracks, but there's some new remixes of old ones. They also tried to keep each disc separated in terms of games I think, as the first track on the second disc that has Yu one it is a remix of the P4 title screen music(second track being the P4 version of Light the Fire Up in the Night). It also looks like the game's store music depends on which path you're on, with remixes of the respective game's store tracks.

I think the way they worked it is the remixes have "...in the Labryinth" in their names, so of the 54 tracks, only 7 seem like remixes if that's the scheme they use.

But yeah, this has close to the same amount of tracks as the P4 OST did, so I really wouldn't expect it to be a pack-in for a CE.

I believe the full OST is two disks and the Premium Edition only has one, the "Sound of the Labyrinth" arrange soundtrack. Sadly.

Tamanon

Banned
Keep in mind the new FeMC S-links were written after Atlus had really gotten a feel for what they really wanted to accomplish, so they're more in-depth and interesting. Not quite as single-note as a lot of P3's normal S-links were.

Setsu00

I've never seen that person in my playthrough of P3P. GUESS I KNOW WHAT IM DOING TODAY!!!!

Also that recent Catherine thread has given me a strong urge to purchase Catherine again. It's $10 digitally, but...I kinda want a retail copy.

Rio is a wonderful character! And so is Saori, the other new girl from P3P.

Catherine is really fascinating. I played most portions of the game with my brother who normally hates games with an anime aesthetic.

Dantis

Keep in mind the new FeMC S-links were written after Atlus had really gotten a feel for what they really wanted to accomplish, so they're more in-depth and interesting. Not quite as single-note as a lot of P3's normal S-links were.

DID SOMEONE SAY SAORI?

EmcArJ4.jpg

Bladenic

I need to get P4Arena, I'm not big into fighting games though. P4U looks awesome though so I want to play the first. Then there's PQ, which again I will get despite not being into EO and the like.

Tamanon

Banned
I really like Persona but not fighting games too much. Didn't play P4A much at all, but I might pick up P4AU just to get half of those damn tarot cards. And to see how some of the story stuff is.

Marche90

I tried my best to work around the subtitles

aO55XS7.png
CH5czXl.png

253215_SwimsuitYukiko.png
253257_SwimsuitYukiko2.png

CjdQzHb.png
1sIo8pO.png

253334_SwimsuitYukiko3.png
253357_SwimsuitYukiko4.png

And here's Chie for good measure.

J5GZaW8.png
OYCIf8o.png

253414_SwimsuitChie.png
253431_SwimsuitChie2.png

Figured the subtitles wouldn't be a problem. Guess I was wrong. Lemme see if I can get 'em out later. Still, thanks for making these in the meanwhile

And if everything else fails...

Dantis, would you be so kind to draw me a Yukiko with the hair style used in the anime? The one that appears on the images I quoted? I would really, really appreciate it if you could. And obviously, tell me if you can and if it's not too much of a bother.

Top Bottom