• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2015 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The cycle is dead - Long live the King

The reviews and you guys (and the demo, of course) convinced me to nab this today. Downloading now!
Please add me on Playstation 4 if you're in North America or like to play against North Americans!
PSN: barren_sky

Bumhead

Banned
EU servers go live at 1am on Thursday morning.

Ah.

I am in the UK but I was under the impression my US digital copy would lock me into playing with US folks.

It's definitely better if that's not the case even if I have to wait until Thursday.

nampad

Which licenses is it that people keep yearning for when they complain about licensing issues with PES? Other than Bundesliga there really isn't anything that I could possibly care about. FIFA doesn't have Champions League and that's something I value higher than shitty leagues such as the Swedish league for example. A season without CL is nearly worthless to me.

Some people live in shitty countries or are connected to them somehow, so they want to play with those shitty teams. Same goes for lower league teams.

LAM09

Ah.

I am in the UK but I was under the impression my US digital copy would lock me into playing with US folks.

It's definitely better if that's not the case even if I have to wait until Thursday.

I wasn't aware you had a US copy. I am sure the game is region locked online, as far as I am aware.

mauaus

Could have something to do with the "install" PS4 doesn't install games, it caches them, so as a last measure you might delete the PES intall and re download the game. Have you installed the latest PES15 update data?

Turns it it only happens in my club, when im online, i tried playing offline and its smooth... oh konami

Going back to PES, after all these years, should be glorious.

And this time with more confidence that this is actually the return of the king not a false-dawn, of which there have been many :p

mauaus

PS4.

Just wondering if anyone else in the EU with a US copy can find games online?

Just tried on ps4 my club mode, i have no stars yet, i filtered to get a team my level and i got to play against a team of Ronaldo, Gotze, Alaba, and a few others. To make matters worse i was losing 6-2 when the power went out and almost fried my ps4 :(

shoplifter

The stuttering is definitely related to some network updates running during gameplay. I turned off networking on my PS4 and it stopped immediately.

iqubal

Banned
Just played with edit mode and renamed the EPL teams as well as try and get their kits the best I could. Here are the team names if anyones interested:

English League = Barclays Premier League
North London = Arsenal
West Midlands Village = Aston Villa
Lancashire Claret = Burnley
London FC = Chelsea
South Norwood = Crystal Palace
Merseyside Blue = Everton
Yorkshire Orange = Hull City
East Midlands = Leicester City
Merseyside Red = Liverpool
Man Blue = Manchester City
Manchester United = Licensed
Tyneside = Newcastle United
North West London = Queens Park Rangers
Hampshire Red = Southampton
The Potteries = Stoke City
Wearside = Sunderland
West Glamorgan City = Swansea City
North East London = Tottenham Hotspur
West Midlands Stripes = West Bromwich Albion
East London = West Ham United

liger05

Woah just had first game. Some major stuttering.

Very impressed with how changing my system at half time I actually noticed a difference in where my players were now operating rather than it being simply cosmetic.

Which licenses is it that people keep yearning for when they complain about licensing issues with PES? Other than Bundesliga there really isn't anything that I could possibly care about. FIFA doesn't have Champions League and that's something I value higher than shitty leagues such as the Swedish league for example. A season without CL is nearly worthless to me.

I always liked in fifa how you could take a team from the 4th tier of english football and eventually make them into world beaters. Probably not going to happen anytime soon in PES but the inclusion of the 2nd tier for several leagues is a good step forward.

Bumhead

Banned
After pretty much a full day of editing, trying to connect to games and toying around with various modes, I thought I'd start a Champions League campaign and actually play this thing. Started with Roma.

First match away at CSKA Moscow.. tipified everything that is good about PES 2015. Pretty even start to the game but CSKA scored early, and after that it was pretty much one way traffic as I looked to equalise and they defended the lead. Akinfeev pulled off 3 absolute world class saves, and CSKA looked to get the ball to Doumbia on the counter who caused me havoc everytime they managed it. It was a tactic that was working for them as I struggled to break them down.. until the 89th minute. Gervinho storming down the wing, played in to Totti, who played a beautiful square ball to Iturbe to smash in first time from 25 yards. Akinfeev FINALLY beaten! Then the game switched again as CSKA bombarded me at the other end looking to snatch a winner, as I dug in deep to hold on for the point.

The most satisfying match I've played in a football game for years. Just felt incredible. The pace and flow of the game, the clearly visible tactics and systems, the way I had to dominate, work for an equaliser, while watching for the counter and then hold on at the end once I'd got it.. amazing. I had a stupid smile on my face the whole time even at 1-0 down.

City at home up next. Can't wait. This game is unreal.

feel

While it downloads on the ps4 it is letting me boot the partial download up and play the Super Cup final (Madrid Vs Sevilla). It is not letting me up the difficulty from default sadly, but the game still feels absolutely fantastic, better/tighter than the demo all around.

Christ, it has been so long since last there was a decent footy game out.. NNNNNGGGHHHHHHHHhhh

Just played with edit mode and renamed the EPL teams as well as try and get their kits the best I could. Here are the team names if anyones interested:

English League = Barclays Premier League
North London = Arsenal
West Midlands Village = Aston Villa
Lancashire Claret = Burnley
London FC = Chelsea
South Norwood = Crystal Palace
Merseyside Blue = Everton
Yorkshire Orange = Hull City
East Midlands = Leicester City
Merseyside Red = Liverpool
Man Blue = Manchester City
Manchester United = Licensed
Tyneside = Newcastle United
North West London = Queens Park Rangers
Hampshire Red = Southampton
The Potteries = Stoke City
Wearside = Sunderland
West Glamorgan City = Swansea City
North East London = Tottenham Hotspur
West Midlands Stripes = West Bromwich Albion
East London = West Ham United

In a way I think it's quite fitting that the return of the king is a version without licences. Annoying though.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
So apparently I am starting with Alaba, Götze and Tevez. I am fine with that.

I assume its normal that there arent any myClub online games going on atm?

mozfan12

Banned
How's the Xbox one version? I really dug the gameplay but it did not look good at all, really muddy. Don't have a PS4 so if it's not much different other than the resolution, I can put up with that unfortunately.

Delt31

Please tell me there is a way to lower height or change zoom when selecting camera views in this game in ONLINE games. If not, going to return it. Seems like they are grayed out? That can't be right.....right!!??

Online has been smooth btw.

Hedrush

Downloaded the US version to my UK PS4 and spent the last hour playing super cup as the game downloaded the remaining data. The game was stuttering and stopping quite a bit, I hope this was due to the download/install going on in the background and not a fault with the game. It's still not finished downloading so I won't get to check it until morning now.

mauaus

Downloaded the US version to my UK PS4 and spent the last hour playing super cup as the game downloaded the remaining data. The game was stuttering and stopping quite a bit, I hope this was due to the download/install going on in the background and not a fault with the game. It's still not finished downloading so I won't get to check it until morning now.
I finished downloading and still have pretty bad stutters when i put my ps4 offline it goes away

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Alright I took the plunge. I'm back, baby! This review got me pretty hyped:
Big names such as Ronaldo, Messi, Robben and Neymar play just like their real-life counterparts, with strengths and weaknesses standing out. When you take control of these stars, you’ll instantly know and feel the differences between them. That’s not to say it’s a chore to play with lesser teams and players. Far from it. You’ll just feel the difference, and that’s the beauty of PES 2015. Playing as Stoke City (known here as 'The Potteries') or another side at that level, you’ll have to play to their players’ strengths. It’s not about free flowing, attacking football or deep tactics (see Tactical Fluidity) with these teams; you’ll have to stick to one game plan and grind out results, especially on the harder difficulties.

This has always been my biggest overall complaint with FIFA, even when it was better than PES for a stretch there -- the players all felt insanely homogenous other than the handful of top-level players who were more cheese than particularly distinctive. Hope the hype is merited because if so I'll make the switch back for good.

FootballFan

After pretty much a full day of editing, trying to connect to games and toying around with various modes, I thought I'd start a Champions League campaign and actually play this thing. Started with Roma.

First match away at CSKA Moscow.. tipified everything that is good about PES 2015. Pretty even start to the game but CSKA scored early, and after that it was pretty much one way traffic as I looked to equalise and they defended the lead. Akinfeev pulled off 3 absolute world class saves, and CSKA looked to get the ball to Doumbia on the counter who caused me havoc everytime they managed it. It was a tactic that was working for them as I struggled to break them down.. until the 89th minute. Gervinho storming down the wing, played in to Totti, who played a beautiful square ball to Iturbe to smash in first time from 25 yards. Akinfeev FINALLY beaten! Then the game switched again as CSKA bombarded me at the other end looking to snatch a winner, as I dug in deep to hold on for the point.

The most satisfying match I've played in a football game for years. Just felt incredible. The pace and flow of the game, the clearly visible tactics and systems, the way I had to dominate, work for an equaliser, while watching for the counter and then hold on at the end once I'd got it.. amazing. I had a stupid smile on my face the whole time even at 1-0 down.

Incredible

derwalde

be wary of playing at home vs bayern ;)

sounds amazing!

I received the special bundle from digital preorder today!!!

MARIO GOTZE for good (almost everyone has him, hehe).

And... what happened with my first other special agent?

Gave me CRISTIANO RONALDO!!!

Then,my second special agente gave me... FRANCK RIBERY!!!

And last I signed the defender's agent (Stremer?) and gave me... VINCENT KOMPANY!!! (another black ball)

What a "Dream Team" I am making so far... :)

By the way, the game is awesome...

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
The stuttering is definitely related to some network updates running during gameplay. I turned off networking on my PS4 and it stopped immediately.

This is starting to piss me off and worry with the PS4. It's a trend then, 'cause the same happens in Diablo UEE, I even made a video on YouTube.
Someone should investigate/start a thread, I won't do it 'cause I already know the thread would fill up immediately with "it's a problem with your PS4” "never noticed it" and so on, like IT always is around here.

cormack12

Gold Member
My copy was dispatched yesterday from zavvi so hoping it's here today. Cannot wait to get in the goodness.

Does anyone have a preference with auto feint direction or manual? I'm tempted to go manual as auto has a bit of random built in. But manual is much slower. So satisfying though when you nail the backheel nutmeg and run onto it.

Top Bottom