• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2015 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The cycle is dead - Long live the King

Jack cw

It feels so good that PES is back. It's been too long.
I hope so. And after FIFA15 even shat on hardcore fans, the chance is there of course, but honestly, I excpect something like this :/
tumblr_mb6nq8wAk91ri0219o1_500.jpg

This is starting to piss me off and worry with the PS4. It's a trend then, 'cause the same happens in Diablo UEE, I even made a video on YouTube.
Someone should investigate/start a thread, I won't do it 'cause I already know the thread would fill up immediately with "it's a problem with your PS4” "never noticed it" and so on, like IT always is around here.
Do not generalize here. We have several reports of stuttering and Konami is aware of this, it was tweeted to them by different people and I guess they are looking into it. Wonder how this turn out when EU servers go up.

Gibbo

Played about 2 hours yest. How are people here playing online? I keep getting 'service not available' messages when i try logging in.

Anyway, ill type out my impressions in full after today. But first impressions from someone who hated PES 2014, i can safely say that PES is back

Blablurn

I hope so. And after FIFA15 even shat on hardcore fans, the chance is there of course, but honestly, I excpect something like this :/
tumblr_mb6nq8wAk91ri0219o1_500.jpg

Do not generalize here. We have several reports of stuttering and Konami is aware of this, it was tweeted to them by different people and I guess they are looking into it. Wonder how this turn out when EU servers go up.

lol

Maybe the plan of releasing it 2 months later will pay off. Especially with the backlash on FIFA recently.

jts

...hate me...
Snitch, be a nice OP and put the review scores/punchlines in the OP.

The word about the return of our saviour must be spread!

liger05

lol

Maybe the plan of releasing it 2 months later will pay off. Especially with the backlash on FIFA recently.

Not sure. It's released at a time when there are some big franchises also out.

I think Konami's problem is they released so many bad PES games year after year that it turned a lot people off the franchise. Could take a while to get people back onside.

I think a 2-4 weeks will tell us a story as PES usually gets a price drop quickly.

Jack cw

Not sure. It's released at a time when there are some big franchises also out.

I think Konami's problem is they released so many bad PES games year after year that it turned a lot people off the franchise. Could take a while to get people back onside.

I think a 2-4 weeks will tell us a story as PES usually gets a price drop quickly.

That is why it's released in November. Sure, September is the time most leagues start their season but this month isn't bad either. It's CL and EL group finals and people had more than two months to rate FIFA and I think the general opinion is not good. I'm sure a good precentage of FIFA consumers try out PES this time and with it's focus on online features I doubt that PES will drop in price as fast as the last releases. It's actually at a 35 pounds MSRP in UK, so pretty cheap for a current gen game already.

derwalde

when i use manual shooting, my players tend to take about 0,5-1 sec to get their shoot of, like its delayed or sth. is that intended?

Jack cw

when i use manual shooting, my players tend to take about 0,5-1 sec to get their shoot of, like its delayed or sth. is that intended?

Don't think it's intended and might have something to with you getting used to the timing. Sure, you have to input direction, affection and button input, but that doesn't happen in manual passing for example, so I think you might play it a bit more and find the proper timing.

derwalde

Don't think it's intended and might have something to with you getting used to the timing. Sure, you have to input direction, affection and button input, but that doesn't happen in manual passing for example, so I think you might play it a bit more and find the proper timing.

its manageable when you have the ball on the foot, but volleys are difficult to pull off imo.

btw i miss my strong flat shoots with []+triangle ;(

Jack cw

Anyone know the deal with PS4 OF's?

So far it's not possible to transfer an OF from another system. Some guys claimed they found a way, but all it does is changing names, clubs, formations. Pictures, kits, badges etc, that require a picture are not working. Some guys working on it though.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
So far it's not possible to transfer an OF from another system. Some guys claimed they found a way, but all it does is changing names, clubs, formations. Pictures, kits, badges etc, that require a picture. Some guys working on it though.

Ah, hopefully its possible

Juicy Bob

This might sound really sad, but I've always kind of enjoyed doing all the editing in PES. It's like building up and painting up a massive model kit of football teams and players, only once you're done, you actually get to play with them.

Also, Melbourne Victory are in the game but Adelaide United aren't? Booooo.

Pachimari

It have been asked earlier in the thread but I can't go through all of the pages.

How's the net code so far? Any lag in online matches? Can you make online leagues?

It's the only thing holding me back at the moment.

Honome

It have been asked earlier in the thread but I can't go through all of the pages.

How's the net code so far? Any lag in online matches? Can you make online leagues?

It's the only thing holding me back at the moment.

I played about 5 online matches in MyClub yesterday and surprisely the game is totally playable online this year!

Btw, i am loving MyClub, it seems to be a great new game mode!

This might sound really sad, but I've always kind of enjoyed doing all the editing in PES. It's like building up and painting up a massive model kit of football teams and players, only once you're done, you actually get to play with them.

My heart did a skip when I saw you mention that we finally have Aussie teams and then I continued on to see that they skipped Adelaide United. Epic fail.

Oh well, baby steps I suppose.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
So far it's not possible to transfer an OF from another system. Some guys claimed they found a way, but all it does is changing names, clubs, formations. Pictures, kits, badges etc, that require a picture are not working. Some guys working on it though.

I suppose that's better than nothing.

spwolf

I am pretty happy with OF's with full name changes, even without pics.

Hedrush

Any improvements in the stuttering/stopping today on PS4 or any word on what is causing it? I won't be able to test my game for another 2 hours at least. Also, region locking, that's not a thing is it?

Zabojnik

Any improvements in the stuttering/stopping today on PS4 or any word on what is causing it? I won't be able to test my game for another 2 hours at least. Also, region locking, that's not a thing is it?

Looks like it is a thing, unfortunately. Guess we'll know for sure when the EU servers go up? Later today / tomorrow is it? Waiting on it to pull the trigger.

Hedrush

Looks like it is a thing, unfortunately. Guess we'll know for sure when the EU servers go up? Later today / tomorrow is it? Waiting on it to pull the trigger.

Damn, my impatience on waiting for the UK release and just getting the US version could've backfired spectacularly then. Bah! :(

Jack cw

Yeah, EU servers should go up shortly after midnight. I still think it has something to do with Firmware and/or online data synchronization.

LAM09

I've played quite a few games from the full game, and I'm really enjoying it. It is more refined compared to the demo.

Siegmeyer

Haha, I was exactly the same back in the PS2 days when I was a rabid Day 1 buyer (last PES I bought was the first PS3 one). I would quickly blitz through the necessary Cups on Easy to unlock the Classic teams, and then spend hours in the Edit menu. It was fun trying to work out who some of the more obscure players were if the names were scrambled well enough.

This awesome music will be forever seared into my brain as a result:

PES 5 Edit mode music

I don't think it's just coincidence that the series started to slide once they axed that tune :)

For someone who thinks the PS2 games were some of the best football games at the time, and who hated every iteration on PS3 (including FIFA, but Pro Clubs is the only mode I play really on fifa lol), is this at least similar to the PS2 versions?

Pls say yes as I have dreamed of a return to the fun that PES 3, 4, 5 and 6 gave me and my brother.

Bumhead

Banned
For someone who thinks the PS2 games were some of the best football games at the time, and who hated every iteration on PS3 (including FIFA, but Pro Clubs is the only mode I play really on fifa lol), is this at least similar to the PS2 versions?

Pls say yes as I have dreamed of a return to the fun that PES 3, 4, 5 and 6 gave me and my brother.

I think this is where a few of us in this thread are at. That exact situation is me and I love, love LOVE this years game.

My CL campaign with Roma is teetering on a knife edge. Following my last gasp equaliser in Moscow, I managed to beat City at home, draw in the Allianz Arena, then beat Munich at home. Assuming City lost in Munich (which they did), all I had to do was beat Moscow at home. They won 2-1. Doumbia, who gave me such a torrid time on the counter in the first game, got both goals after Totti put me ahead after 10 minutes.

Final game of the groups. Man City away. I only need a point to qualify but a City win sends them through.

I LOVE THIS GAME. Don't even care if I get thrashed, this has been epic.

Iorv3th

The stuttering is definitely related to some network updates running during gameplay. I turned off networking on my PS4 and it stopped immediately.

Could be. I did the update and messed around looking at the game for a while before playing last night and had it stutter once for a few seconds around halfway through a match. I played 2 more after that though with no problems.

shoplifter

It actually happens even in the main menus. I flipped the networking back on after having turned it off, and it started again almost immediately.

Honome

It actually happens even in the main menus. I flipped the networking back on after having turned it off, and it started again almost immediately.

Try setting auto log to OFF on online settings of PES. So ot will only connect to online servers if you decide to play an online mode.

For the PS4.... I wonder if it is possible to download other peoples edits like you could do for the old College Football games. There was a group of peopls that would go thru and edit all the palyers on the teams.. and their stats (whatever) and then you could download their edits. makes it easier not having to do them yourself.

LAM09

For the PS4.... I wonder if it is possible to download other peoples edits like you could do for the old College Football games. There was a group of peopls that would go thru and edit all the palyers on the teams.. and their stats (whatever) and then you could download their edits. makes it easier not having to do them yourself.

That's what people are doing ATM. That is this year's OF, as it stands.

shoplifter

I for one, would like a return to the complicated Fire Pro edit templates that I used to print out by the hundreds in the university computer lab.

mekes

The king might really be back, have played for the past 4 hours but the game is sharp yet also subtle when it needs to be. Only played exhibition matches so far, I'm going to try one of the more fleshed out game play modes later on this evening.

Early impressions are always subject to change but I'm having an absolute blast with the game so far. It feels like its back to that good old PES, but formations and player AI is greatly improved. None really for the sake of another so far, which was really important to find out. Everything feels fair!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I loved last years game but I couldn't get into the demo. It just didn't look that great to me on XB1. Has anyone got it on XB1?

Bumhead

Banned
My Champions League campaign is over. Reached the quarter finals but lost to Chelsea. Lost 3-1 to them away in the first leg, but went 2-0 up at home in the first 20 minutes. All unravelled when I got a man sent off, they scored a penalty, then grabbed another 2 in the second half to seal it.

But what a great experience. Loved every second of it. This game is at it's best when you're up against it fighting for every last ball and every inch of the pitch.

It's a game which really comes alive on the harder difficulties too. I've been playing football games for 18 years now and have never seen the value in playing at the highest difficulty, because it usually just ramps up the frustrating bullshit. With this it's almost like there's a whole new level of AI and systems at work, which makes the game hard but fair and ridiculously rewarding on Top Player or Superstar.

My Champions League campaign is over. Reached the quarter finals but lost to Chelsea. Lost 3-1 to them away in the first leg, but went 2-0 up at home in the first 20 minutes. All unravelled when I got a man sent off, they scored a penalty, then grabbed another 2 in the second half to seal it.

But what a great experience. Loved every second of it. This game is at it's best when you're up against it fighting for every last ball and every inch of the pitch.

It's a game which really comes alive on the harder difficulties too. I've been playing football games for 18 years now and have never seen the value in playing at the highest difficulty, because it usually just ramps up the frustrating bullshit. With this it's almost like there's a whole new level of AI and systems at work, which makes the game hard but fair and ridiculously rewarding on Top Player or Superstar.

This is what I like to hear.

Bought PES today for PS4, and I'm really looking forward to have some singleplayer fun. It's been too long. Fifa is straight-up bullshit offline.

Hedrush

Just played with edit mode and renamed the EPL teams as well as try and get their kits the best I could. Here are the team names if anyones interested:

Thanks for the list. Saved me a good bit of time.

Someone said if you disable auto login via extras>online settings it will stop the stuttering. Well it doesn't, the stuttering is just as bad with this off. Turning off the ps4 network features does work tho.

Weird, thats exactly what happens in fifa. You could fix it by turning upnp of in your router settings.

Hmm there is an option in settings for upnp and it is defaulted to on. Will try with this off shortly to see if there's an improvement.

I loved last years game but I couldn't get into the demo. It just didn't look that great to me on XB1. Has anyone got it on XB1?

http://www.twitch.tv/barneystuta/b/587781548

I was streaming for four hours last night, you can see the footage on that link.

The resolution is disappointing at 720p (although I haven't had a chance to compare side by side V the PS4 at 1080p).

Overall, I wouldn't let that put you off though. The game is excellent.

If you have a PS4, get it on that. If you only have an Xbox One, get it on that.

The King...

The King is really...

He's really...

The King is back?

FIFA's reign of terror is over!

Little would make me happier than seeing FIFA crash and burn, and PES get back to the glory days

The King...

The King is really...

He's really...

The King is back?

FIFA's reign of terror is over!

Little would make me happier than seeing FIFA crash and burn, and PES get back to the glory days

I remember back in the day when PES atleast competed with Fifa in terms of Sales. Critically it was acclaimed as the best game, sales wise Fifa was usually ahead (because it came out on every platform going).

If PES can get back and compete, it can only be a good thing for Football/Soccer games.

Dazzyman

Please add me for PS4 = Dazzy_man

Just played a few games and it's the best it's been in years. I can finally hold my head up back to the Winning Eleven 5/6 FE versions and kick arcadey Fifa goodbye.

Had to get it on the PS4, it's the only game cross platform I must play on a PS pad as spent over 1000hrs on the series.

Top Bottom