• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2015 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The cycle is dead - Long live the King

Hedrush

Bought the digital version on the EU store. Left it to download earlier with PS4 in rest mode. I turn the PS4 on after a couple of hours, says PES 2015 is installed. I start the game and only get the play the Real vs. Sevilla portion. Notifications say PES 2015 (+ update) is installed. There is no further downloading. If I go to the store and cruise to PES 2015, I can only start the game from there, it doesn't let me download what's left of it (should be another 15gb at least).

What am I doing wrong?

Your doing nothing wrong. The rest of the game is downloading in the background. If you press options button on the PES tile on the xmb then select information it will tell you how much you have remaining to download.

vixlar

I feel like I'm the only one, but there's something bugging me about the PC version (other than the graphics). The PC version feels less responsive and laggier than the PS3 demo I played so much. Maybe it's just in my mind, but it feels more like PES2014. For example, holding the left trigger to take a manual shot/pass, the arrow turns up a second later, like in PES2014. I'm pretty sure this was fixed in the PS3 version, where the arrow turns up instantly.

Am I crazy?

I downloaded Xbox360 and Pc demos. I can tell I wouldn't back to 360 version.

nikos

Think I'm going to get rid of FIFA for this. Should I do it? I'm a mediocre player. How's the netcode, assuming both people have good connections?

Malcolm9

PES is a bit hit and miss online at the moment, though they have stated they are looking into fixing it asap.

For me offline this game is much better than Fifa, it resembles a real match more and has a better pace along with a more natural ebb & flow in games.

In terms of presentation it's fairly average, Konami could have easily included more generic stadiums as well as a stronger edit mode.

nero2082

I think PC version is locked at 30fps, just like PS3 version which is 720p30

played both PS4 and PC version, and they play like two different games, PC being much less responsive overall, I feel like I have no control

PS4 version has different graphics that's obvious (deferred rendering with "clay" player models) but it's 60fps that makes it different really

Iorv3th

Update: Nothing works, no matter in which combination. After extensive google research, I found out that my router might be the problem, as it might unintentionally block data I cant control (as in an unconfigurable firewall and the port forwarding is mediocre at best).

So new router it is on monday.

I'll get this to fucking work >:-(

Edit: Do we know by now whether the game version is determined by the account or by the downloaded version? Meaning, if I download a US version and play it on an EU account... can I play with EU or US guys?

I haven't seen anyone post whether you can or not.

If anyone wants to try i'm in US and have the weekend free.

PSN: D3adcell86

Delt31

can someone be a kind soul and check online what are the available camera angles? This is PC and PS4? I need to know if there is custom or field/pitch view.

That's a huge downer. :( What exactly is different?
It's hard to quantify because they are fairly close at first glance (graphics aside). However playing the PS4 version immediately after the PC demo it was clear that it played differently as well as looking nicer. Players seemed more responsive and reacted in different ways.

I honestly can't say if that's a placebo effect, but I don't think so. It is as if the PC version is using a modified version of the 2014 engine, whereas the PS4 is something entirely new. Try as they might there will always be differences.

Hedrush

For me offline this game is much better than Fifa, it resembles a real match more and has a better pace along with a more natural ebb & flow in games.

This, so much.

I don't want to shit all over FIFA as it is a good game, well 14 is, 15 not so much. But it never made me feel like I was involved in a real match. It was bomb it up the wings, cross, shoot, score. The AI never play football like a proper football team should. There's what seems to be a few scripted moves, a very few at that but the AI play the same way every match. Every match you play on FIFA feels the same there's no ebb or flow to any of it.

As you say, PES feels really natural, it has better pace, the AI actually play proper football. Each game feels different, each player feels different, you can feel your players tiring as the match progresses and you know substitutions are required. I could play a full match of FIFA without subbing anyone.

Your in the final 10 minutes of a match and it's 1-1. The opposition have been very patiently trying to break you down unsuccessfully all the second half. They start pushing men forward, they want those 3 points badly. You feel your under even more pressure and your players are on there last legs and you've used up all your subs but you feel you might get a quick counter to finish the match off if you can just nick the ball off an opponents foot. The pressure mounts as the minutes tick by, your keeper is keeping you in the match with a string of wonderful saves. Then there's a mistake, and you've got the ball, you see your chance, you skin there last defender and your 1 on 1 with the keeper, you look up, see the big gap and you hit a tired shot to the keepers left, he throws himself at it and gets a fingertip to it but it's not enough as the ball trundles off his post and in for a great 2-1 victory.

This is PES

The pitch certainly is ours.

Having said that, hands down the best footy game in years. And I mean that.

Yes, yes it is.

Blablurn

So there is an auto play mode in my club. you can send your team into an online match against another myclub team :lol.

thats kinda awesome if you just wanna lay back and see your team play.

Moobabe

This, so much.

I don't want to shit all over FIFA as it is a good game, well 14 is, 15 not so much. But it never made me feel like I was involved in a real match. It was bomb it up the wings, cross, shoot, score. The AI never play football like a proper football team should. There's what seems to be a few scripted moves, a very few at that but the AI play the same way every match. Every match you play on FIFA feels the same there's no ebb or flow to any of it.

As you say, PES feels really natural, it has better pace, the AI actually play proper football. Each game feels different, each player feels different, you can feel your players tiring as the match progresses and you know substitutions are required. I could play a full match of FIFA without subbing anyone.

Your in the final 10 minutes of a match and it's 1-1. The opposition have been very patiently trying to break you down unsuccessfully all the second half. They start pushing men forward, they want those 3 points badly. You feel your under even more pressure and your players are on there last legs and you've used up all your subs but you feel you might get a quick counter to finish the match off if you can just nick the ball off an opponents foot. The pressure mounts as the minutes tick by, your keeper is keeping you in the match with a string of wonderful saves. Then there's a mistake, and you've got the ball, you see your chance, you skin there last defender and your 1 on 1 with the keeper, you look up, see the big gap and you hit a tired shot to the keepers left, he throws himself at it and gets a fingertip to it but it's not enough as the ball trundles off his post and in for a great 2-1 victory.

This is PES

The pitch certainly is ours.

This exactly. FIFA is... it feels a game of bullet points and stats; but it never feels anything like football.

atr0cious

Just tried the PC demo on my toaster of a laptop, and it worked decently, so that's all I could ask for. But the first game I played was probably the worst game I've ever played. Missed a tackle and barely tripped the guy, red card. My goalie comes out to grab the ball and the attacker goes over him, red card. With in 2 minutes I was down 2 men and the backup goalie. Still was able to put up a fight and get some attacking shots in, but wow it felt like the PC version was card happy compared to my time on the PS3 demo.

Also did they switch the help button? I could've sworn it was square, but on PC it's triangle.

Is matchmaking screwed for anybody else?

I'm on the PS4 version, seems to be trying to connect to somebody but then backs out to search again immediately. No way to cancel out of the screen, so stuck there unless I force quit from the dash. It's the same in divisions mode or MyClub.

Malcolm9

Is matchmaking screwed for anybody else?

I'm on the PS4 version, seems to be trying to connect to somebody but then backs out to search again immediately. No way to cancel out of the screen, so stuck there unless I force quit from the dash. It's the same in divisions mode or MyClub.

Same for me, you're not with Sky are you?

Either way I have reported it to Adam Bhatti (Konami Product Manager), as well as others, so Konami are aware.

Bajan32

Ok I went thru division 12. 3 draws, the rest losses. What the hell am I doing wrong? Everyone I play is getting these easy shots, cutting off my passes and stealing the ball from me like I'm a little League team. I have so much trouble trying to get the ball from them but I get tackled like nothing. I mean I'm having fun but I don't know what's going on.

Really feels like I'm playing 2 seconds behind everyone. Why does everyone else's team seem to react so much better to the balls position on the field? :/ my def sucks

AlexBasch

My only gripe with PES is the game modes. I won't even go into the gameplay because yes, it is great and I love it both with FIFA but...

How is Master League this year? In a whole, I always preferred the Career Mode of FIFA better because of the progression, selling playerss, getting new talent and whatnot, but it was very barebones on PES2014, it was just 'buy or sell player y/n" and that was it and went back to the modes.

Then again, online seasons is great, I recall when FIFA only had H2H and never felt too compelling but the whole thing of the seasons and getting into a cup is great, wish PES had something like that too, how is the online of 2015? 2014 was laggy and quite...eh on Xbox, so I never really bothered too much with it.

And no, I won't go into Online Team. I'm fucking sick of looking for FIFA info and only seeing "FALCAO/MESSI/RONALDO/IBRA/YOUR MUM" and other stats and random bullshit that have nothing to do with the actual gameplay.

PES is amazing in a 1v1 local MP, but I'd rather know impressions from you guys to actually play it in a single player mode rather than just going in Exhibition over and over, I have the demo for just that. :/

Jimrpg

Konami has opened the official site for the PC demo, but apparently, there is no content on it (yet)
I'll tweet Bhatti about this.

I guess nobody answered this yet.
1. Not yet. Modders are working on it though. Should be up soon.

2. No, FIFPro licence only give us Bayern Munich, Schalke 04 and Bayer Leverkusen. Next patch will include licenced Wolfsburg and Borussia Mönchengladbach.

3. No. DFL only gives exclusive licences and those are with EA. Any league that could imply a German league is prohibited. There is a random league in the game though. You could edit it to a "Bundesliga". But no emblem or sponsor support on PS4.

4. Some leagues have a second division, but since there is no Bundesliga, there is no second division. The custom league has a cup tornament though.

5. Considerably better and more realistic. Signing and scouting have been tweaked and players are "easier" to get. Still, you need some reputation and money to get the better palyers.

Thx so much answering the questions. Still no Dortmund and bundesliga heh, guess I can't throw out fifa14 yet.

To those that have the PC version, do I need to hold off another year or will it be fixable in a patch?

Jimrpg

I think PC version is locked at 30fps, just like PS3 version which is 720p30

played both PS4 and PC version, and they play like two different games, PC being much less responsive overall, I feel like I have no control

PS4 version has different graphics that's obvious (deferred rendering with "clay" player models) but it's 60fps that makes it different really

Durante? We need you in here!

ibu

Managed to bag Ronaldo for myClub after unlocking the day one DLC!

So how exactly do I retrieve this player?
I've inputted the code, tried to find the play in Inbox, but I have no player available.

Also can you change favoured formations in myClub?

03sho

Not played PES master league since PES6.

Where has the player development/progression screen gone after a game?!!

Loved seeing those bars go up on my younger players and their attributes go up!

Vol5

So how exactly do I retrieve this player?
I've inputted the code, tried to find the play in Inbox, but I have no player available.

Also can you change favoured formations in myClub?

The day one DLC give you among other things an agent who scouts for euro Team of the year players. You can choose FW, CM, DF and GK. I chose FW and got super lucky.

You can only amend a formation. If you want to switch the entire formation you need to hire a new manager.

ibu

The day one DLC give you among other things an agent who scouts for euro Team of the year players. You can choose FW, CM, DF and GK. I chose FW and got super lucky.

You can only amend a formation. If you want to switch the entire formation you need to hire a new manager.

Ahh good stuff. Thanks for that. I'll do that then.

Is there a way to start myclub again with another team? I just picked something last night to check out this mode. Not really keen on deleting my save as I just got gold on all skill training challenges lol.

Honome

Is there a way to start myclub again with another team? I just picked something last night to check out this mode. Not really keen on deleting my save as I just got gold on all skill training challenges lol.

Go to MyClub extras and choose copy data from other club, your team will change shirts/stadium for the new club but it will not erase the save.

jonnyp

Have they removed the shot feint (tapping square and x simultaneously)?

WTF...

And as someone who doesn't give two fucks about online gaming it pisses me off no end all the "Establishing communications" bullshit. I had to sign out of PSN to remove that shit.

Have they removed the shot feint (tapping square and x simultaneously)?

WTF...

And as someone who doesn't give two fucks about online gaming it pisses me off no end all the "Establishing communications" bullshit. I had to sign out of PSN to remove that shit.

It's square and then x. It's not simultaneously.

jonnyp

shot feint is still there. just press square and then x. not at the same time tho.

That's kick feint, and it's nowhere near as good, as you cannot change direction while doing it like you could with the shot feint. Either way, it's a lot worse than the old one.

I just don't understand the PES team.

Top Bottom