• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars of Eternity by Obsidian Entertainment (Kickstarter) [Up: Teaser]

I am watching it:

Title:

Adam Brennecke, Project Manager at Obsidian Entertainment, is currently working on Project Eternity

edit:

Looks like he is answering questions.

edit:

I asked:
"Perkel: Does Ziets know he will be incuded ?"

he:
"laugh"

I asked him if he was going to put his face in the game, and he said no :(

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
It was temping to switch to $165, but then I remembered all that cool shit the collector's box comes with.

So instead, I will sit here being all impressed that when I went to bed, the KS was at 2.7, and now it's broken 2.8. Dayum!

So everybody keeps saying how great Neverwinter Nights 2 is, and I failed to pick it up on steam in the past, but now it's gone. Not on GOG.com either. Anybody know where I can get a digital copy, and whether or not it even runs on Win7 64bit??

NWN rankings:

NWN:HoU>NWN1=NWN2:MoB>NWN1:SoU>NWN2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NWN2:SoZ

Seriously, SoZ was a piece of shit expansion. Definitely buy NWN2 plus Mask of the Betrayer though, and NWN1+all expansions if possible.

Start with either BG1 or IWD1 first.

I know most people will say to start with BG2 first, but for a full experience this is correct. I know having played BG1 first added a lot to the experience of BG2 for me. Maybe it doesn't for everyone, but I don't think I would have appreciated BG2 as much if I hadn't played BG1 first and gotten attached to some of the characters.

For me, the original NWN2 campaign is okay, basically mediocre. Not absolutely horrible but not great either. I felt it took a really long time to get going. But NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer is awesome and definitely worth playing.

PE-Forton-700x956.jpg

This dude looks human.

exp-cone.png

dailypledges.png

dailychart.png

Torraz

I haven't tried it, but I heard good things about a mod that lets you play through the more dated BG 1 in the BG 2 engine...

Xater

Man the first screenshot looks great. The wait for this game will be hell :)

It also looks like the 3 million will be achieved. I doubt we will get to 3.5.

Perkel

Banned
I haven't tried it, but I heard good things about a mod that lets you play through the more dated BG 1 in the BG 2 engine...

It's called BGT or TUTU. Those are two mods.

BGT import all content from BG1 into BG2. So when you click new game it will start from BG1 and you will end in BG2:Throne of Bhall expansion

TUTU upgrades engine of BG1 to BG2 standards. It's more vanilla.

In my opinion BGT is best one because you can treat all BG games as one game.

kswiston

So everybody keeps saying how great Neverwinter Nights 2 is, and I failed to pick it up on steam in the past, but now it's gone. Not on GOG.com either. Anybody know where I can get a digital copy, and whether or not it even runs on Win7 64bit??

I don't remember if I last played Neverwinter Nights 2 on Vista or Win7, but both were 64bit, so I am sure it works fine.

I as far as I know, after Atari lost the rights, Hasbro has only made Neverwinter Nights 2 available for download as a pack with NWN1 and all the major expansions for both games.

You can download the pack for $30 from Gamersgate: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DDNWNC/dungeons-and-dragons-neverwinter-nights-complete

It is also available on Gamestop's DD store and probably a few others. No Steam though. For some reason Steam doesn't carry the Infinity Engine games.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Poor guy. Adam just isn't suited for on-camera roles. I still like ya Adam, but...well you gotta know when to fold em.

Prax

Hey guys, any of you know or have an inkling as to whether Project Eternity will allow for multiplayer ala Neverwinter Nights 2? xD
Even if's a little shoddy, like in NWN2 (and screws up the story in all sorts of ways lol), it's still pretty awesome! I love playing with my brother. I hope they include that in.

Hey guys, any of you know or have an inkling as to whether Project Eternity will allow for multiplayer ala Neverwinter Nights 2? xD
Even if's a little shoddy, like in NWN2 (and screws up the story in all sorts of ways lol), it's still pretty awesome! I love playing with my brother. I hope they include that in.

No multiplayer for this one; they've stated that a few times now, however it's something they'd consider for the sequel.

Edit: That said, 'allow for multiplayer'... maybe with the mod tools. You never know.

Prax

No multiplayer for this one; they've stated that a few times now, however it's something they'd consider for the sequel.

Edit: That said, 'allow for multiplayer'... maybe with the mod tools. You never know.
Thanks, I haven't been following this project at all. I only became aware of it in the GAF Inn kicksarter thread a couple of days ago!

A multiplayer mod is what I'll hope for then. I don't need it to be perfect/actually make an impact on the story/progression. They don't even have to allow for strategic pausing of the game.
I just want to have help (/have someone to blame) when killing enemies.

This is going to be my Neverwinter Nights 2 sequel/spiritual successor, since I doubt we'll ever get a proper NWN3...

Kurtofan

NEW RACE: Aumaua.

the other race we haven't talked about yet are called the aumaua. they are larger than humans and are found in a lot of coastal and island areas. like orlans, they look somewhat... different, but they are still a bipedal race. we're still working on their concepts (as we are with orlans), but we will show them when we feel they're in a good place.

Fjordson

I quite like that environment screenshot. Looks awesome.

As a slight side note since you guys were talking about older RPG recommendations on the last page, what do you think of Spiderweb Software? I'd never tried anything from them until I started playing Geneforge this week and it's pretty great so far. Great setting with some really cool lore. Very well written.

Top Bottom