• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars of Eternity by Obsidian Entertainment (Kickstarter) [Up: Teaser]

I'm not sure if this is their "more art":
Monks are usually one of my favorite archetypes in games, but that is one of the lamest monks I've seen in my life. The generic long haired sword and board dude isn't winning any design contests either. My only complaint with everything I've seen or heard of the game so far.
I know its early concept art so I'm not tripping too hard but I hope these designs change DRASTICALLY.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I'm really digging the infinite dungeon.
For maximum entertainment, they should make the last level a randomized level, for infinite replay value!

It is nice they provided a "summary" art for the dungeon as well. Cause since most people seem to like that idea they now have something to work with visually that they know people will respond well to.

Phinor

Wow, the documentary is amazing news. Obs :3

This is fantastic. There's never enough behind the scenes material available about creating games and the Double Fine documentary is something I'm always looking forward to so another documentary is excellent news. The fluff pieces included with special editions of games aren't usually much more than extra marketing so hopefully this is proper stuff like the Double Fine one.

kswiston

Despite earlier fears, it looks like today will be a pretty good day for funding afterall. With 5+ hours to go, this should be the best funding day since Day 4.

Monks are usually one of my favorite archetypes in games, but that is one of the lamest monks I've seen in my life. The generic long haired sword and board dude isn't winning any design contests either. My only complaint with everything I've seen or heard of the game so far.
I know its early concept art so I'm not tripping too hard but I hope these designs change DRASTICALLY.

The monk looks awful, and the sword&board dude is pretty generic (whip aside).
I do love the look of the snakeomancer and the gun-wielding priest.

Throw in the female dwarven ranger, and a Cipher, and you got yourself a pretty decent party line-up.

I was gone for a hour they got 200 backers and went up 13k in dollars. This is doing much better than expected over the weekend. Thought it would drop off. But YAY documentary!!

adixon

Lol, a documentary too? The end of this kickstarter is going to be a disgusting massacre of all previous game kickstarters. Go Obsidian go :)

So, if they get an average of approximately 7k an hour on average (including PayPal donations) until the rest of this Kickstarter, they should hit 3.5 million. Considering the last hour was twice that, it seems achievable.

injurai

Banned
Oh man do I want that second big city. Also what exactly is the digital collectors book? I see no description of it in the add-ons section.

Wallach

Lol, a documentary too? The end of this kickstarter is going to be a disgusting massacre of all previous game kickstarters. Go Obsidian go :)

Short of F:NV, I have not anticipated one of their titles as much as this one. So far my only real qualms are the art being boring, but it's not something I think is going to translate into an in-game problem so much aside from maybe the character portraits.

Sothpaw

Haven't read any impressions on the environment screen shot and I don't care what anyone else thinks.

That art style is PERFECT.

adixon

I also don't see it... Using chrome?

Edit: Oh, it's not on a side bar, it's on the pictures of the tiers when you scroll down from the "home" page.

Zeliard

4651c9c3fba4e7e61ebf853824e41448_large.jpg

They should add cooking to the game, along with Tim Cain recipes.

dude

dude
@VipulManchala
@jesawyer Can you tell me your username? I'll get in touch with a mod or an admin, I'm sure they'll be happy to move ahead your approval.

@jesawyer
@VipulManchala rope kid

‏@VipulManchala
@jesawyer Okay, I dropped a message to a mod.

@jesawyer
@VipulManchala thx 2 u

@VipulManchala
@jesawyer I think your account may have been approved. Check your email? If it's not, it should soon be.

Twitter ruined out surprise I guess ;)

I priority should be set by posts in the thread.

So if pace for final 48 hours keeps exactly like today, and no new PayPal at all we would end at 3.45. I expect a weekday and final days spike, plus a few thousand more fom PayPal, so I think we will get to it.

So uh, I just got hit with an emergency personal situation out of nowhere and am now broke until this thursday @ around 3 PM CST...

One question: am I fucked as far as completing my pledge? If I remember correctly, with Wasteland 2 there were a few "grace" period days before KS would can your pledge. I think I saw someone earlier say that the KS for this ends at around 6 PM CST on tuesday, so if there's a 2 day check that makes a pass on charging your account every 24 hours (with the last check made on thursday @ 6 PM CST) I think I'm going to be fine, but I don't know for sure if this info is even accurate...

Can anyone offer me some info on this situation?

Dude, if you're broke don't waste your money on videogames. Buy food.

Not too long til we hit crotch level

Anyone know what the PayPal figures are? The main site just hit $3.1 million and we have just under two days left. It looks like depending on the boost, it's going to be real tight.

Top Bottom