• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

plane crew almost lets man die because they refuse to believe black woman is a doctor

Status
Not open for further replies.

xezuru

fakefloridateendoctorgma.jpg

But really, this is fucked up.

norm9

I was just thinking, if she was dressed like a slob like all the other people that dress like slobs when they go on flights, I could see how the attendant wouldn't immediately believe her. BUT, in a potentially life threatening situation, you can't do that.

Kreed

I was just thinking, if she was dressed like a slob like all the other people that dress like slobs when they go on flights, I could see how the attendant wouldn't immediately believe her. BUT, in a potentially life threatening situation, you can't do that.

And then there's this...

Another "seasoned" white male approaches the row and says he is a physician as well. She says to me "thanks for your help but he can help us, and he has his credentials". (Mind you he hasn't shown anything to her. Just showed up and fit the "description of a doctor")

It's generally standard for an airline to try and verify the credentials of a person before they let them do anything medical for another passenger, for their own liability's sake, but if she's correct in her belief that the white guy didn't show them shit, then yeah, fuck this crew.

She says the flight attendant even said they are looking for nurses or any type of medical personelle. So they even dismissed her on that, let alone on her being a physician.

This is just so infuriating.

Can't wait until Hillary being president puts an end to sexism just like Obama's presidency put an end to racism in this country.
.s

discrimination doesn't go away just because you bury your head in the sand and pretend it doesn't happen.

I'm challenging the validity of the story because of it's ridiculousness, I'm not pretending anything, I'm directly addressing the story. Has this story been corroborated by anyone else? This is just a Facebook post.

I'm challenging the validity of the story because of it's ridiculousness, I'm not pretending anything, I'm directly addressing the story. Has this story been corroborated by anyone else? This is just a Facebook post.

Racism comes in many shapes and forms, are you claiming this Black woman is lying about being discriminated against because its her posting this information? Since when do we check racism for validity?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Are we actually reporting Facebook posts as real news? Is there any actual news source story about this that isn't simply quoting her post? Any evidence at all? A response from the airline? This reads like utter bullshit.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Are we actually reporting Facebook posts as real news? Is there any actual news source story about this that isn't simply quoting her post? Any evidence at all? A response from the airline? This reads like utter bullshit.

Don't bother. Really. Questioning a story with a racism angle will get you ripped apart on this forum. Doesn't matter if it's just a Facebook post.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Don't bother. Really. Questioning a story with a racism angle will get you ripped apart on this forum. Doesn't matter if it's just a Facebook post.

I don't much care about people's response to me. I'm totally open to discussing actual news stories, including this one if it were reported by an actual news source. Currently this reads exactly like the same kind of self-congratulatory horseshit as the conservative "marine college student embarrasses liberal professor" chain letters.

norm9

No further comment from the doctor in any of those articles that I've looked up.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
https://med.uth.edu/obgyn/education/residency/lbj/current-residents/

I mean she really is who she says she is. Idk why she would lie and ruin her reputation as a GYN...etc

This is no kind of argument at all. Obviously she would actually be a doctor, otherwise why would she post a story like this on her Facebook for all her friends to say "what are you talking about? you're not a doctor." All sorts of people including physicians post stupid things on the internet all the time. I can think of dozens of reasons somebody might lie. On the other hand critical thinking leads me to have a very hard time believing this story as presented.

Kenai

Why do you think she is lying tho?

Racism comes in many shapes and forms, are you claiming this Black woman is lying about being discriminated against because its her posting this information? Since when do we check racism for validity?

You are already implying that racism took place here. I'm not even at that stage yet, and don't see any reason to be at that stage until there is more proof.

You are already implying that racism took place here. I'm not even at that stage yet, and don't see any reason to be at that stage until there is more proof.
This. We should wait until we hear both sides of the story. It would be unprecedented that racism could explain this sort of series of events. For all we know, the flight attendant might have been black, too.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
What does immediately dismissing any and all stories about racism make a person?

Does that poster have a history of doing so? I'm genuinely unaware, but on what basis do you say he or she dismisses ANY AND ALL stories about racism?

This is not even a news story. This is a Facebook post. If you think all Facebook posts merit discussion, I don't even know what to say to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom