• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

Naudi

Banned
Well I just traded in a Wiiu,Vita,PS3,360 and a couple old games for about 500$, so assuming they actually pay ill have a Pro soon lol. All those things were collecting dust for years anyway. Anyone have experince trading in to Amazon?

Grinchy

Banned
Well I just traded in a Wiiu,Vita,PS3,360 and a couple old games for about 500$, so assuming they actually pay ill have a Pro soon lol. All those things were collecting dust for years anyway. Anyone have experince trading in to Amazon?

My brother traded his Wii U into Amazon just recently. He didn't select the option to get the money right away and it took less than a week before they received and accepted it and paid him.

He also tried to sell his old PS4 to Walmart. It took them 2 weeks to tell him that it wasn't properly displaying a video signal, which is bullshit, and now he's waiting to get it back.

Naudi

Banned
My brother traded his Wii U into Amazon just recently. He didn't select the option to get the money right away and it took less than a week before they received and accepted it and paid him.

He also tried to sell his old PS4 to Walmart. It took them 2 weeks to tell him that it wasn't properly displaying a video signal, which is bullshit, and now he's waiting to get it back.

Cool thanks. They already gave me 350$ of it so ill hang tight for a bit. Pro isnt in stock anyway. But this will make 3 christmases in a row Ive bought a PS4 lmao

DryvBy

Did you use the Hdmi cable that came with the pro? Do you have VR?

Edit: just saw your original post. I would still try the cable with the pro just in case.

I have VR. I think that was the issue. Unplugging it works. I can use my receiver, right? It has an HDMI bypass.

edit: "The PS4 must be connected directly from the PS4 to the TV to output HDR. It can’t be connected to a receiver or switch box."

Well, that's really stupid.

bronk

Banned
The usb ports on the front are stupid as fuck. Not a single one of my flash drives fit. Why would they make it so small? Those ports are for charging only! So damn annoying. I know theres one in the back but still thats inconvenient for no reason.

Rainer70

I have VR. I think that was the issue. Unplugging it works. I can use my receiver, right? It has an HDMI bypass.

edit: "The PS4 must be connected directly from the PS4 to the TV to output HDR. It can’t be connected to a receiver or switch box."

I use a HDCP 2.2 compliant HDMI switch that passes through my av receiver for PS4Pro with 4K HDR + PSVR. The only downside is that you lose the function of the social screen which sucks when you have people over and they can't see what the player is experiencing.

It really sucks that there is no patch for Destiny. I just bought Destiny: The Collection on Black Friday. I'm excited to jump in, but the lack of an image quality boost is holding me back a bit. Titanfall 2 on a 1080p TV spoiled me too much.

It really sucks that there is no patch for Destiny. I just bought Destiny: The Collection on Black Friday. I'm excited to jump in, but the lack of an image quality boost is holding me back a bit. Titanfall 2 on a 1080p TV spoiled me too much.

I know what you mean I picked up The Division on Black Friday holding off playing it in the hope of a Pro patch.

Makikou

I have to say FFXV on the Pro is magnificent. Other games like WD2 & R&C really confirm that the Pro was absolutely worth the cash.

Just took the jump and got the Pro, my first Sony console since PS 1
3AQmK.gif

I do have to say this OS is fucking rapid
p0QHO.gif

Any suggestions on where to get discounted PSN codes or which games really show of the horsepower on this thing?

Footos22

Finally got my Internet installed so managed to download a few patches.

4k native switching back and forth to 1800p 60 on last of us is indistinguishable. Def not worth the sacrifice in speed and responsiveness. Same with the witness modes. Hdr makes a huge difference in that one though.

Honestly ppl expecting Scorpio to be a game changer because of the "native" buzzword are setting themselves up for dissapointment.

Very pleased with my pro. Quiet as a mouse too. Hopefully my ffxv turns up toady.

Why?

I have £350 and my choice is a slim for 200 and then spend the £150 on games or just a straight pro with 1 game

If you have the cash go buy a Pro at www.very.co.uk choose to Buy Now Pay Later, keep the money aside and then pay the moment it's due. They are giving 20% back, so would be a bill for £280 giving you £70 spare for games.

1. Buy any PlayStation console and select Buy Now Pay Later in checkout.

2. We'll automatically credit 20% of the console price back to your account by 16th January 2017. We'll email you when we have applied the credit to your account.

Buy Now Pay Later allows you delay payment for up to 12 months. The payment free period starts when you place your order.

Avoid interest by paying in full within the payment free period. If you don't, interest will be charged. Find out more in checkout.

xNXbEH4.png

Chorazin

Yeah, I'm really salty about this stupid decision. If they knew they were making a PS4 Pro why the hell didn't they make sure the pass through box supported all those modes? Having to switch around the HDMI cables is incredibly lame.

reddish

Neo Member
Had a hard time googling the right phrase to figure this out on my own, trying to wrap my head around new video jargon, but maybe someone here has a solution. I mostly game on my PC which is hooked up to a 4k TV using a 4k @ 60hz port, unfortunately, all of the other ports are 4k @ 30hz. Now that I have a second 4k device that some games will do 60 fps on, I can't appreciate 60 fps games on both without manually swapping the hdmi cable when I want to play the other.

Would a 4k 60hz reciever be a solution to have two+ 60hz inputs when there's only one port that does so on the TV? I've never bothered with receivers before so it's unfamiliar territory. Are there any other solutions? Massive thanks to anyone who might have one.

Krakatoa

I just went out and bought a new TV tonight but the PS4 Pro says my TV isn't HDR capable (it is).

My setup is as follows:
TV: Samsung UN55KS8000 4K
Receiver: Yamaha RX-V777BT
Cables used: Mediabridge cable and Amazon Basics. Both show support for HDR.

I read online some people have some issues but I can't figure out how to fix this.

Your receiver doesn't support HDR (Yamaha RX-V777BT) . You will need to run the PS4 directly to the TV via HDMI. Then use ARC from your TV to send the sound back to your receiver. This will require another HDMI or optical cable from the TV to the receiver.

Waveset

Had a hard time googling the right phrase to figure this out on my own, trying to wrap my head around new video jargon, but maybe someone here has a solution. I mostly game on my PC which is hooked up to a 4k TV using a 4k @ 60hz port, unfortunately, all of the other ports are 4k @ 30hz. Now that I have a second 4k device that some games will do 60 fps on, I can't appreciate 60 fps games on both without manually swapping the hdmi cable when I want to play the other.

Would a 4k 60hz reciever be a solution to have two+ 60hz inputs when there's only one port that does so on the TV? I've never bothered with receivers before so it's unfamiliar territory. Are there any other solutions? Massive thanks to anyone who might have one.
Get a HDMI hub, similar to USB hubs. Just make sure its 60Hz capable.

Unknown?

They should've been more specific. Sounds like faster loading and/or improved frame rate. Both would be great.
It did seem to load faster and framerate also seemed to be improved. It used to be jittery when you first loaded into a match but not anymore. I'm guessing it also improves framerate when lots of people are on the screen.

Tubie

ya'll think there's a good chance for more PS4 Pro deals between now and Christmas?

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-PlayStation-4-Pro-1TB/dp/B01LOP8EZC/ref=zg_bs_videogames_50?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=P63Y0EPJXETDEF2QN5FB

It's currently sold out at Amazon. This morning, on that page, it used to say more would be available on December 8th and even those are now gone it seems.

I think they are going to sell all the units they ship in December at $400. Most (if not all) of the deals from Sony will probably be for the Slim.

DieH@rd

Banned
Any suggestions on where to get discounted PSN codes or which games really show of the horsepower on this thing?

Start with Order 1886 [seriously it's an incredible visual showpiece that is still not topped, as for the game itself, for the price it has today it is more than good!] and continue with Ratchet & Clank, Second Son, Uncharted Trillogy + U4 and TLOU Remastered.

There is a lot of awesome gaming in front of you. :)

Megatron

I'm selling my old ps4, just got a pro. What do I have to do to get my info off it? Do I unregistered it with Sony some how? I set up two factor, do I remove that and how?

Humdinger

I'm selling my old ps4, just got a pro. What do I have to do to get my info off it? Do I unregistered it with Sony some how? I set up two factor, do I remove that and how?

First you de-activate it as your primary console. Then you do a full reinstall (edit: or rather, full re-initialize; forgot what it was called).

I'm not sure what "two factor" is, so I can't answer that question.

LOLCats

Banned

Direct transfer which activates the new console as primary and deactivates the old. Then you need to do a full initialize on the old console. Do not delete your account from the old console, the full init takes care of that.

took me about 95 minutes to transfer 289GB or so from OG Ps4 to Pro.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
I have been playing a lot of NFS:Rivals recently on the Pro and have noticed that there is flickering textures on a lot of the mountain ranges in the background, has anyone else noticed this?

Top Bottom