• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

chadskin

Might be handy for some: PDP is bringing out a PS4 IR receiver for Logitech Harmony remotes in two weeks, will even let you turn the PS4 on and off this way - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01K3VMBM0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

e7d8c680-dee7-4c49-bed7-462051ec1e19.png._CB278793593_.png

My TV doesn't do CEC, I already have a Harmony and no interest in PDP's PS4 remote so this is real sweet.

Megatron

First you de-activate it as your primary console. Then you do a full reinstall.

I'm not sure what "two factor" is, so I can't answer that question.

Direct transfer which activates the new console as primary and deactivates the old. Then you need to do a full initialize on the old console. Do not delete your account from the old console, the full init takes care of that.

took me about 95 minutes to transfer 289GB or so from OG Ps4 to Pro.

I'm not sure I will transfer the data. I may just redownload what I care about. Does PT transfer?

Thank you both for the info.

By two factor I meant two factor authorization. I wasn't sure how to make sure the next person can us it. I guess initialization takes care of that? I saw that option but didn't know what it meant.

LOLCats

Banned
I'm not sure I will transfer the data. I may just redownload what I care about. Does PT transfer?

Thank you both for the info.

By two factor I meant two factor authorization. I wasn't sure how to make sure the next person can us it. I guess initialization takes care of that? I saw that option but didn't know what it meant.

everything should transfer if you do that (including PT). if you're not going to transfer youll need to deactivate then do full init. which basically formats like brand new.

Humdinger

Oh, yeah, when you deactivate the account as primary and then do the full initialize, it'll wipe all your personal data from that PS4. The next person will be starting from scratch.

AmyS

Just took the jump and got the Pro, my first Sony console since PS 1
3AQmK.gif

I do have to say this OS is fucking rapid
p0QHO.gif

Any suggestions on where to get discounted PSN codes or which games really show of the horsepower on this thing?

Whoa, that's quite the PlayStation upgrade there, congrats!

Not sure about currently-available PSN discounts, but I'd try Ratchet & Clank and Tomb Raider to show what PS4 Pro can do.

jbug617

Banned
The transfer process is faster than I thought. I only have 165GB to transfer but it's only going to take 35 minutes to do it.

zedge

Elder scrolls online now has HDR.

There is no option to disable it. It's not the the best HDR I have seen. Looked better off I think. Contrast is all weird.

KalBalboa

Banned
Fired up PSVR tonight on my Pro and was pleasantly surprised at the visual improvements.

There's a little less of a narrow sweet-spot for my eyes, unless I'm just convincing myself of that.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Playing Bloodborne for the first time and holy hell the framerate sucks. Can't think of a more deserving Pro patch game.

Yea but that does it for everything. Guess it will do for now.

Ok wtf. Even with HDR off it looks awful now. What did they do to the colours? Damn..

I was playing last night, didn't think it looked too bad but then again I don't have a HDR set, so mine has same settings for everything. Still debating on 4k or 1080/enhanced though. I'm sitting in a position where the 4k is a slight improvement on clarity but not so much so compared to putting my nose to the screen.

Start with Order 1886 [seriously it's an incredible visual showpiece that is still not topped, as for the game itself, for the price it has today it is more than good!] and continue with Ratchet & Clank, Second Son, Uncharted Trillogy + U4 and TLOU Remastered.

There is a lot of awesome gaming in front of you. :)

Those are going straight on my list

Whoa, that's quite the PlayStation upgrade there, congrats!

Not sure about currently-available PSN discounts, but I'd try Ratchet & Clank and Tomb Raider to show what PS4 Pro can do.

I forgot Tomb Raider had a Pro config, will definitely try that out.

deadfolk

Start with Order 1886 [seriously it's an incredible visual showpiece that is still not topped, as for the game itself, for the price it has today it is more than good!]

Seconded. I know it's a controversial opinion, but I loved it while it lasted.

If you get it, do yourself a favour and play it on Hard. I suck at games in general and always go Normal, but this is the only game where I played on hard and I'm glad I did.

I'm keeping my Ps4 but using my ps pro.
Can I have one as a primary and still use the other for game sharing etc...

I can just download my content to the pro and leave everything on the Ps4?

noomi

Oh man, ABZU was such a great experience. I played through it on my PC and really enjoyed it.

Curious to know what the PS4 pro enhancements are, please be sure to report back :)

Also there was a 1.08 update for The Lats of Us this morning, any ideas?

Oneself

Nice ! I was on the verge of buying, that might be the last push.
Any info/feedback on what it does ?
Higher res, supersampling on 1080p screen. Looks Ratchet-clean to me. Same framerate (over 30, less than 60 most of the time) from what I can see. No option.

Edit: good lord, it looks so freaking good. It was already a looker.

Higher res, supersampling on 1080p screen. Looks Ratchet-clean to me. Same framerate (over 30, less than 60 most of the time) from what I can see. No option.

Yeah the iq in this game was already quite good, so honestly the benefits to 1080p tv's is not that big even with supersampling. Kinda dissapointing that they didn't up the framerate though. Still the game is smooth and beautiful, so it's an absolute buy for anyone who's on the fence.

Fox1304

Thank you ! It's bought then :)

noomi

Ahh man, I'm tempted to get it again (ABZU). Especially if it's around the 4K Mark with HDR (which would look amazing for this game).

Will wait for a price drop, or maybe it will be a PS+ free game in a year or so.

I have a PS4 Pro on the way, can someone help confirm if my understanding is correct?

If my TV is 1080p and does not have HDR, I should be fine with my current receiver setup and cables that worked fine with the OG PS4.

I have VR. I think that was the issue. Unplugging it works. I can use my receiver, right? It has an HDMI bypass.

edit: "The PS4 must be connected directly from the PS4 to the TV to output HDR. It can’t be connected to a receiver or switch box."

Well, that's really stupid.
Even for hdr compliant pass-through receivers?

Kinan

I have a PS4 Pro on the way, can someone help confirm if my understanding is correct?

If my TV is 1080p and does not have HDR, I should be fine with my current receiver setup and cables that worked fine with the OG PS4.

Yes, the bandwidth requirements will not change for you, since PS4 Pro will output 1080p no-HDR signal in this case.

Just bought a stand for the Pro and wow, they're expensive. Shame it didn't come with one like my Xbox One S. Oh well £25 down the drain.

This could go in the OT or the Black Friday sale but I'll leave it here.
I bought Shadow of Mordor because hey, it's only $7 and the Pro enhancements. Well I've only played an hour and I think I'm done. After playing Battlefield and R&C and having this game just throwing me in the middle of nowhere from the beginning I'm underwhelmed. Don't know if I'll even go back to it.

Planet

Probably because they are releasing a physical version in January, which may count as new release and thus require (or at least strongly encourage) a Neo profile anyway.

kanuuna

Has anyone installed 4TB hard drive on their Pro? I'm thinking of buying a more sizeable hard drive, but from what I was able to find that support for a 4TB HDD is a bit iffy (a site mentioned unreliability in Rest Mode). Is anything over 2TB a hassle, or are they stable as anything else?

Top Bottom