• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 4 Pro |Launch Thread| PS4 Reloaded

Bruno

Hey guys I got my PS4 Pro around a week ago and I've been playing Dragon Quest Builders here and there since. I have had the PS4 completely turn off on me (same as pulling the power cord) 2 times now in the last 3 days and I'm worried it's defective. When it happens the console refuses to turn back on for another 1-2 minutes and then says it was improperly shut down. I can easily exchange it for a new one from Amazon but just wanted to get some opinions before sending it back.

legbone

I'm using the HDMI cable that came with the Pro. I can initially try another port on my one connect box.

one connect box? so a samsung (not sure if anyone else calls it that)? depending upon the model of the tv all ports should be ok. and the cable that came with the pro should be ok (theoretically). i'm not sure what to tell you in that case.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If I plug my old PS4 in to sync trophies, back up saves to USB and delete games I don't want to play at the moment - can I just unplug the HDMI and put it in the pro for transferring data? Don't need to see anything on the old one?

Lima

If I plug my old PS4 in to sync trophies, back up saves to USB and delete games I don't want to play at the moment - can I just unplug the HDMI and put it in the pro for transferring data? Don't need to see anything on the old one?

If you do the Ethernet transfer method, yes you don't need to see anything on the old PS4.

M_A_C

Hey guys I got my PS4 Pro around a week ago and I've been playing Dragon Quest Builders here and there since. I have had the PS4 completely turn off on me (same as pulling the power cord) 2 times now in the last 3 days and I'm worried it's defective. When it happens the console refuses to turn back on for another 1-2 minutes and then says it was improperly shut down. I can easily exchange it for a new one from Amazon but just wanted to get some opinions before sending it back.

Do you have it on a electric strip or plugin with a lot of stuff on it? It may not be getting enough power. Try putting it on it's own.

My PlayStation 4 Pro arrived today, it's really awesome!

Such perfect timing as The Last of Us Part 2 got announced on the same day!

What a lovely console, I wasn't even expecting it until next week!

psychotron

Playing Deus Ex on the Pro after the latest patch is pure joy. The game looks clean as fuck and runs very well. Darksiders is awesome as well. I've now seen enough improved games to really make me feel good about my purchase.

Matty8787

So guys convince me I did the right thing!

I have just ordered one of these with the promise that if I select BNPL I get 20% of the price credited back to me in January... So the console for £280.

I have an OG c chassis PS4 which I hope to sell for around £150 with games?

Anyhow I am still only at 1080p and don't plan to go 4k anytime soon.

madmackem

So guys convince me I did the right thing!

I have just ordered one of these with the promise that if I select BNPL I get 20% of the price credited back to me in January... So the console for £280.

I have an OG c chassis PS4 which I hope to sell for around £150 with games?

Anyhow I am still only at 1080p and don't plan to go 4k anytime soon.
Mate playing game super sampled on 1080p tv makes it hard going back to native 1080p games. Iq is so good.

Putty

After seeing the games shown last night, i'm hoping work picks up by the time Horizon launches.....If so, i'm in 1000%

Is your PS4 plugged into HDMI 1? Thats the only one that supports HDR. Also make sure UHD color is enabled for that connection in the TV picture settings.

Yes to HDMI 1. The only HDR setting I see is this:

g6L2tpv.jpg

Footos22

Yes to HDMI 1. The only HDR setting I see is this:

You have to go into hdmi setting a and enable uhd colour on hdmi one.

That TV doesn't actually show Hdr though you won't even notice a difference. Hdr+ is your only option to see faux Hdr. Its an 8 bit panel. The most you'll see is more saturated colours but it's not wide color gamut either so that can all be simulated by just faffing with normal colour settings.

HDR+ is Samsung's fake HDR. Don't use that.

You have to go into hdmi setting a and enable uhd colour on hdmi one.

That TV doesn't actually show Hdr though you won't even notice a difference. Hdr+ is your only option to see faux Hdr. Its an 8 bit panel. The most you'll see is more saturated colours but it's not wide color gamut either so that can all be simulated by just faffing with normal colour settings.

Ah gotcha thx. Yeah after enabling that setting it now shows supported in the PS4 pro.

RoeBear

Okay I'm having multiple issues with my ps4 pro. First I can't stay signed into youtube. When I try and upload a video it asks me for all my credentials and then signs me in and I confirm then when it's loading it just asks me the same thing for an infinite loop. I've tried deleting all save data of youtube, rebuilding my database, and trying to link youtube from account settings. Nothing has worked.

I have also been having a persistent issue where I'll record game play and after recording a few clips it will no longer continue to record them. It will continue to not record game play after restarting the game and switching games. Only when I restart is the issues seemingly resolved.

Do I just have a bad ps4? Should I try and exchange it? I'm so lost.

Berzerkiymc

Neo Member
Literally got one yesterday, still testing out some of library after selling off ps4.

using an LG U6100 HDR 4K TV. Uncharted 4 looks amazeballs.

question with some games the fans blow really loud is that normal?

Literally got one yesterday, still testing out some of library after selling off ps4.

using an LG U6100 HDR 4K TV. Uncharted 4 looks amazeballs.

question with some games the fans blow really loud is that normal?

Apparently not. A lot of users have reported it being nice and quiet. If it's loud you could send it back which I'm planning to do or accept you have a noisey unit.

M_A_C

I have a hunch that the "fan noise" people are hearing is the bluray drive spinning when it is installing the game in the background.

rizzo0

Just got a pro recently and never owned the OG but HOLY SHIT this thing is BLAZING fast navigating around the os compared to my Xbox as well. It's so hard to go back now, it's like going from a Lambo back down to a dam 93 civic.

Blueblur1

I have what might be a dumb question. At what resolution does the PS4 Pro display unpatched games? I know unpatched games don't get a performance boost but are they also stuck at 1080p (or whatever resolution they have) or will the Pro upscale to 4K?

manzo

I have what might be a dumb question. At what resolution does the PS4 Pro display unpatched games? I know unpatched games don't get a performance boost but are they also stuck at 1080p (or whatever resolution they have) or will the Pro upscale to 4K?

Unpatched game is the same as playing on the OG PS4, so whatever the resolution is on PS4.

Of course you will get 4k if you have chosen 4k as your output, but the rendering resolution is the same as on PS4.

Is there a summary of all of the Pro specific news from PSX? I suspect that they barely mentioned it.. (besides using Pro versions to show some of the games')

SlickVic

For all new Pro owners, in case you missed the other thread, check the notifications on your system for a $10 code to redeem on PSN. Code expires by the end of the month, but have to imagine the wallet credit after redeeming the code should be permanent (not sure though).

Sounds like people who got a Pro in November should be getting one, but doesn't sound like everyone has gotten a code yet. But just check your notifications on the PS4. I didn't get an email and probably would have missed it before it expired if I didn't see the other thread.

Top Bottom